PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders Appreciation Thread

Slick
10-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Fantastic signing by Elway. Guy is an absolute stud.

BroncoWave
10-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Me love Sanders long time.

VonDoom
10-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Dude is fast, catches everything in his vicinity, and gets popped and gets up like it's nothing. I'm loving him here.

Valar Morghulis
10-23-2014, 09:10 PM
So glad you started this thread - i love him so much i am willing to let him attempt to impregnate me

BroncoWave
10-23-2014, 09:11 PM
But for real tho.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Posted this in the gameday thread... Note the time of the first text :)

Texting with my daughter who has Sanders on her fantasy team...

chazoe60
10-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I appreciate having him on one of my FF teams.

WTE
10-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Belichick liked him enough to send Pittsburgh a qualifying offer a couple years ago and they matched it.

Then BB was too cheap to pony up a couple years later and he lost him to you guys and we settled for Brandon LaFell.

That's OK. Brandon LaFell is pretty good too. Just a little less money.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Never thought we'd get this type of production out of Emmanuel. I thought he'd be productive but I think he's blown away everybody's expectations. Amazing signing that gives our O so much more flexibility.

Valar Morghulis
10-23-2014, 09:27 PM
That's OK. Brandon LaFell is pretty good too. Just a little less money.

This is your funniest post yet!

But perhaps Sanders has better production this year because he has a better Qb throwing at him than La Fell does?

WTE
10-23-2014, 09:35 PM
This is your funniest post yet!

But perhaps Sanders has better production this year because he has a better Qb throwing at him than La Fell does?

I would love to engage you in conversation Dave but I just realized this is the Broncos Talk forum and it is my best interest to move along.

Valar Morghulis
10-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I would love to engage you in conversation Dave but I just realized this is the Broncos Talk forum and it is my best interest to move along.

Another time, another place perhaps

Davii
10-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Like Emmanuel....

Joel
10-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Another time, another place perhaps
Can ya wait 10 days? Rookie linemen, scrub WRs, soft front four... that's gonna be sweet....

Nice to see Sanders with 4 TDs in as many days (and some AMAZINGLY pretty ones.) What's not to like? Like VonDoom says, blazing speed, soft hands, shrugs off tackles: What more IS there?

spikerman
10-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Eric who?

Slick
10-23-2014, 10:51 PM
... and he speaks English too! Nice to see him in the post game show.

MOtorboat
10-23-2014, 11:00 PM
I am appreciative of his efforts.

atwater27
10-23-2014, 11:03 PM
We needed his skillset soo bad. A quick, dynamic receiver with good route running and hands to go to when DT is getting doubled. And he is way tougher than I thought. He has taken some serious hits, and still caught the ball. Stud indeed. And his block that sprung Hillman for the long run was awesome.

wayninja
10-23-2014, 11:06 PM
I've said in the Cardinals game day thread, but appropriate here too. Sanders is quickly becoming my favorite offensive player. Not saying he is the 'best', just really like the attitude/heart and the way he just leaves it all on the field.

Also, I'd kill for his teeth. They are really something.

Hawgdriver
10-23-2014, 11:14 PM
just really like the attitude/heart and the way he just leaves it all on the field.

fo sho

OrangeHoof
10-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Was very humble "happy to be here" in the NFL Network postgame interview. Realizes how blessed he is to be playing in an offense with other great weapons and Manning delivering the ball. What more could you want?

I don't want to hear any more crying about letting Decker and Moreno go. Both are good players but we found better alternatives for less money.

I bet when we cut Welker loose after this year that Sanders will do more of Welker's stuff (already does) and then Lattimer will get added to the mix and the offense will, again, tick like clockwork. DT and JT will get their raises but they better notice how Decker and Welker are eased out to make room for their salaries.

DenBronx
10-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Another genius signing by Elway. What a difference when you have someone with an eye for talent running your team.

Sanders is very explosive and a burner. We needed that last year.

VonDoom
10-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Speaking of Sanders, here's an article this morning on the "Manning Effect", which focuses on E:

In Denver's 35-21 win over the Chargers on Thursday night, Sanders was targeted nine times by Peyton Manning. He caught all nine of those passes, including some spectacular grabs, and finished with 120 yards and three touchdowns. It puts his season total at 47 catches, 634 yards, and four touchdowns. Last season as the number two receiver for the Steelers, a team that you would think had far more opportunities for Sanders than the Broncos' loaded offense would, Sanders had 67 catches, 740 yards and six touchdowns in 16 games.

And those were all considerable career-highs.

The rest: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/99459556/emmanuel-sanders-denver-broncos-peyton-manning

CoachChaz
10-24-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm always reminded of going to SMU his senior year to play UTEP. I typically dont go to SMU for games unless they are playing A&M, but a friend's cousin played for UTEP and he asked me to go, so me and my then 14 year old son went. It was a fun game to watch and a lot of the talk was about the UTEP running back rushing for 200 yards, but Sanders lit it up that day and I remember thinking he'd look nice in Denver opposite Brandon Marshall. Took 5 years and the roster is completely different...but I'm liking the way he looks in Denver, period.

PatriotsGuy
10-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Can ya wait 10 days? Rookie linemen, scrub WRs, soft front four... that's gonna be sweet....

Nice to see Sanders with 4 TDs in as many days (and some AMAZINGLY pretty ones.) What's not to like? Like VonDoom says, blazing speed, soft hands, shrugs off tackles: What more IS there?

So then, you're on to Oakland?

OB
10-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Great pick up by me for my Fantasy league - woot woot

Dude killed it last night - I have him and Hillman - would have destroyed it had it not been for the TD being negated by the penalty

Joel
10-25-2014, 07:34 PM
So then, you're on to Oakland?
Nah, we play 7 of our first 8 games against 2013 playoff teams (I'm counting Arizona, because 10 wins in THAT division—playing NO, Carolina and Indy—is playoff-calibre, and they'd have made it anywhere else.) We're 6-1 through the first 7, with the sole loss in OT to the defending SB Champs in their artificially loud stadium, but we've got one more (formerly) legit team to beat before the easy part.

Weak though that division is, the Pats are still its best team until/unless Miami proves otherwise (sorry, Buffalo, but it ain't gonna happen with Orton.) Both we and Manning have considerable Foxborough demons to exorcise, too; there were two games NO ONE was looking past this year: The SB rematch, and the AFCCG rematch. Best bring ya'lls A game; you'll probably need it. I think Vollmer and Solder very underrated, but apart from them, Brady and Ninkovich, can't think of anyone on that whole team who worries me.

Not on to Oakland just yet, and you can bet the TEAM'S not. If only because this is a scenario so favorable against such a bitter foe it merits savoring. I'm won't guarantee a win given our Foxborough record, but I'd rather be us than ya'll right now. And as far as looking past games, feel free to focus so heavily on us you ignore the Bears tomorrow. :)

tripp
10-27-2014, 12:09 PM
We needed his skillset soo bad. A quick, dynamic receiver with good route running and hands to go to when DT is getting doubled. And he is way tougher than I thought. He has taken some serious hits, and still caught the ball. Stud indeed. And his block that sprung Hillman for the long run was awesome.

I look at Emmanuel Sanders as the same type of player as Percy Harvin, look how Dynamic the Seahawks were with him, now their offence is flat. Sanders is explosive, and last Thursday he demonstrated to me, which was probably already known to Steelers fans world wide, that he has great hands too. That TD that Emmanuel did a 5 yard slant inside which was caught over top of a CB in double coverage was amazing, the height and the hands was impressive. I also love his energy. At times our offence can look pretty robotic in our emotions, it's nice to see someone get fired up.

tripp
10-27-2014, 12:10 PM
with the sole loss in OT to the defending SB Champs in their artificially loud stadium, but we've got one more (formerly) legit team to beat before the easy part.

Love the choice of words, and couldn't of said it any better myself.

VonDoom
10-27-2014, 07:41 PM
I look at Emmanuel Sanders as the same type of player as Percy Harvin, look how Dynamic the Seahawks were with him, now their offence is flat. Sanders is explosive, and last Thursday he demonstrated to me, which was probably already known to Steelers fans world wide, that he has great hands too. That TD that Emmanuel did a 5 yard slant inside which was caught over top of a CB in double coverage was amazing, the height and the hands was impressive. I also love his energy. At times our offence can look pretty robotic in our emotions, it's nice to see someone get fired up.

Supposedly the Steeler fan knock on Sanders was that he dropped a fair amount of passes, either due to his hands or his concentration. So far, that has not been the case here, and he has been better than advertised.

Joel
10-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Supposedly the Steeler fan knock on Sanders was that he dropped a fair amount of passes, either due to his hands or his concentration. So far, that has not been the case here, and he has been better than advertised.
Well, they had a choice: They could blame Sanders, or blame Big Bens accuracy matching a watch bought in an alley; guess which it'll be every time.... ;)

Magnificent Seven
11-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2h 2 hours ago

Emmanuel Sanders came out to practice field in sweats, has to reach benchmarks in concussion protocol to return to practice -- hasn't yet

Northman
11-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Is Decker still available?

I kid, i kid....