PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2014 Week 8 Preview - Broncos vs Chargers

EmDiggy
10-22-2014, 11:52 AM
FBGP's Broncos vs Chargers Video Preview (http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2014-nfl-week-8-preview-san-diego-chargers-vs-denver-broncos/)

Good afternoon Broncos fans! Good luck tomorrow!

Em

TXBRONC
10-22-2014, 12:58 PM
If the Chargers weren't so banged up I would be inclined to agree with that they match up well with the Broncos. However I would still give the advantage to the Broncos.

broncofaninfla
10-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Phyliss usually shines against us but I'm hoping our DL continues it's domination and we get a convincing win at home.

Gimpygod
10-22-2014, 03:18 PM
This guy isn't even the countess of tether ball much less czar of football, we don't " scheme " pressure with von and ware, they are pressure. Broncos 35 dolts 17.

TXBRONC
10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
This guy isn't even the countess of tether ball much less czar of football, we don't " scheme " pressure with von and ware, they are pressure. Broncos 35 dolts 17.

Come on Gimpy be nice.

If you have a hankering for using that tremendous wit of yours try Joel he's all warmed up.

EmDiggy
10-23-2014, 10:42 AM
The video was made prior to the Chargers announcing the injury report for the week

But as for Gimpy God, I'll be waiting for your detailed breakdown based off your OWN thoughts and not what's being influenced by Fantasy Football, Box Scores, PFF grades & Madden.

BroncoWave
10-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Oh shit, Em just put him in his place.

TXBRONC
10-23-2014, 11:00 AM
The video was made prior to the Chargers announcing the injury report for the week

But as for Gimpy God, I'll be waiting for your detailed breakdown based off your OWN thoughts and not what's being influenced by Fantasy Football, Box Scores, PFF grades & Madden.

So if you had known what the injury was it might have influenced your prediction? I'm just curious.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Emory-

I agree the Chargers match up well with the Broncos, but I don't agree with your pick, even if the Chargers were healthy on both sides of the ball. I think Denver's defense is too good this year for that to happen. No one has been able to run on Denver's base set this year, and it's pass D speaks for itself.

Additionally, I think Denver will have an emotional advantage due to remembering last year's Thursday night loss at home to SD. I don't think this Broncos team will let that happen two years in a row, healthy Chargers or not.

But once again, good stuff.

EmDiggy
10-23-2014, 11:30 AM
So if you had known what the injury was it might have influenced your prediction? I'm just curious.

Slightly, but not completely, b/c I think they'd try and bracket DT and trust their personnel vs everyone else.

Emory-

I agree the Chargers match up well with the Broncos, but I don't agree with your pick, even if the Chargers were healthy on both sides of the ball. I think Denver's defense is too good this year for that to happen. No one has been able to run on Denver's base set this year, and it's pass D speaks for itself.

Additionally, I think Denver will have an emotional advantage due to remembering last year's Thursday night loss at home to SD. I don't think this Broncos team will let that happen two years in a row, healthy Chargers or not.

But once again, good stuff.

Thanks Al! What will be interesting to see if the Broncos carry over that Running Game to tonight. I'm glad Hillman had a very good game (for his own psyche). It's tough for a RB to shake that 'fumbler' tag and he did well last week..which is HUGE going forward

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Slightly, but not completely, b/c I think they'd try and bracket DT and trust their personnel vs everyone else.

Thanks Al! What will be interesting to see if the Broncos carry over that Running Game to tonight. I'm glad Hillman had a very good game (for his own psyche). It's tough for a RB to shake that 'fumbler' tag and he did well last week..which is HUGE going forward

I agree, I was honestly surprised he did as well as he did, although he had some pretty good lanes to run through. However, all of the credit doesn't just go to the line because he showed good burst outrunning the LB's on several plays.

Personally, I think Thompson is the one to watch. He has the best YPC of all of the backs in Denver's stable and almost never goes down on first contact. He's the toughest runner I've seen in Denver in a long time.

Valar Morghulis
10-23-2014, 12:45 PM
This years Chargers = Last years Chiefs

Over rated.

Gimpygod
10-24-2014, 11:21 AM
I don't play fantasy football, can't play Madden... yet I picked the winning team and just about nailed the final score. You did neither, why? Because you think symbols (X's and O's) play the game when, in fact, athletes do. Case in point Emanuel Sanders touchdown where he was bracketed over and under with inside help. You would say perfect scheme defense wins, PFM and Emanuel "didjoojustseedat" Sanders said touchdown! I accept your apology.

P.S. I really admire your hard work and dedication toward your business. Best wishes and all that.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Em's response to Gimpy brought to mind Cartman screaming "respect my au-thor-a-tie!".

TXBRONC
10-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Come on guys Emory doesn't have come in and give us his analysis but he doesn't anyway. He doesn't come in here to smack talk us he just simply comes in to give his take on the game. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't give sound reasoning for his picks. Like all of us he doesn't always get it but many times he nails it. He's a class act.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Come on guys Emory doesn't have come in and give us his analysis but he doesn't anyway. He doesn't come in here to smack talk us he just simply comes in to give his take on the game. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't give sound reasoning for his picks. Like all of us he doesn't always get it but many times he nails it. He's a class act.

Meh.

Gimpy didn't like his analysis and took a shot at him, Em responded by taking a shot at the kind of analysis this entire MB gives on a daily basis, it's a good thing we don't take ourselves as seriously as Em takes himself.

Joel
10-25-2014, 04:32 PM
I often disagree with Emorys conclusions, but ALWAYS respect the time and effort he spends doing his homework and the analysis needed to REACH and SUPPORT those conclusions.

My impression, FWIW, is about half a dozen folks here are cerebral and football-obsessed enough to appreciate that, but several times as many are just rah-rah fans with no interest in ANY analysis longer or deeper than a buzzed halftime discussion at a sports bar. That's fine; they're welcome and encouraged to keep moving, with no obligation to show their superficial awareness in empty kool-aid-chugging "WE'RE #!111" and "your ability to follow a train of thought >5 seconds proves you're an idiot" insults. Note I'm pointing no fingers at anyone: Then watch who indicts themselves. ;)

Joel
10-25-2014, 04:51 PM
It's also worth noting, btw, that even for very contemplative people who do their homework, it's much harder to get a detailed read on 32 teams than 1, so people hyperanalyzing their favorite team tend to do better than people analyzing ALL of them, simply because there's a TON of data on each one and only so many hours in a day. This game went about like I expected it would if we played up to our ability:

Two very good WR corps slugged it out, but ours is better, and our secondary's MUCH better than a SD secondary that was weak the past two years and lost both starting CBs before this game. We got to Rivers like we should've, and even though SD blitzed to compensate for its weak seconary just like the last two years, our line manned up to keep them from reaching Manning as much as in last years game that left him with tape on BOTH ankles despite the win. Our top five run D shutdown their #4 RB as expected, and Hillman and the line had a good day against a statistically average run D.

TOTALLY called it (though I admit our offensive line overperformed my expectations; should be fun watching them against an even worse run D next week.) But I didn't have to predict 15 games this week. ;)

SR
10-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Jesus.

Slick
10-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Post moar Gimpy. You've got style.

Joker56
10-25-2014, 07:51 PM
In Denver ... against a full strength Broncos .....
You just CAN NOT TAKE the opponents to win.
Sorry....