PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller on pace to hit 32-sack mark

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware make up the fiercest pass rushing duo in the NFL.

It's something that Colin Kaepernick found out the hard way Sunday night when the twosome combined for five sacks on the 49ers' quarterback.

Miller currently leads the NFL with eight sacks while Ware is tied for second with seven (five other players also have seven). Their combined 15 sacks is currently more than 17 NFL teams have total this season.

According to the Denver Post, Ware predicted during OTAs that the two could end the year with more combined sacks than at least one NFL team and set a goal of at least 32 sacks combined.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000414710/article/demarcus-ware-von-miller-on-pace-to-reach-32sack-goal

CoachChaz
10-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Seems attainable. Most of the rest of the schedule is pocket passers with questionable lines.

Joel
10-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Keep in mind they're not only 1st and 2nd for most sacks in the NFL, but most of the competition has had an extra game to catchup. I'm hoping the attention they inevitably draw opens things up for Jackson/Wolfe, Knighton and Williams to get a few of their own (although as long as our outside rushers stay healthy, the DTs are doing their job if they push/collapse the pocket so QBs can't step up past the edge rushers.) It's nice to have a pair with more sacks than half the other TEAMS, but there's only one other Bronco with multiple sacks (and he only has two.)

BroncoJoe
10-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Keep in mind they're not only 1st and 2nd for most sacks in the NFL, but most of the competition has had an extra game to catchup. I'm hoping the attention they inevitably draw opens things up for Jackson/Wolfe, Knighton and Williams to get a few of their own (although as long as our outside rushers stay healthy, the DTs are doing their job if they push/collapse the pocket so QBs can't step up past the edge rushers.) It's nice to have a pair with more sacks than half the other TEAMS, but there's only one other Bronco with multiple sacks (and he only has two.)

Thanks, Debbie Downer. Yet again you find fault in achievement.

DenBronx
10-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Reminds me of the time I showed my dad I got an A on a test one time. He said yeah BUT you could have got an A+.

Davii
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks, Debbie Downer. Yet again you find fault in achievement.

Joe, Ware isn't worth the money. Sorry to break it to you

TXBRONC
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM

As I've said before there is no way you watch Broncos play. Jackson already has two sacks on the season. Denver's defensive tackles will end up with some sacks but that's not their first priority. If you would actually watch them play you just might catch on.

SR
10-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Joe, Ware isn't worth the money. Sorry to break it to you

According to Joel, if he isn't three times better than Phillips he isn't worth the money. Ware better have 30 sacks this year or he was a waste.

Davii
10-21-2014, 11:28 AM
According to Joel, if he isn't three times better than Phillips he isn't worth the money. Ware better have 30 sacks this year or he was a waste.

Way off man. You have to go by Phillips contract last year. So he better be 10x better in order to be worth ten times the money. 100 sacks or bust. Stupid John Elway.

CoachChaz
10-21-2014, 11:30 AM

He only needs to have 3 times more sacks than Phillips does this year. He's 2 away from being there

Davii
10-21-2014, 11:38 AM
He only needs to have 3 times more sacks than Phillips does this year. He's 2 away from being there

He's already way past that as Phillips only has one so far.

CoachChaz
10-21-2014, 11:56 AM
He's already way past that as Phillips only has one so far.

I thought he had 3...must have looked at the wrong person.

15 tackles, 1 sack, I INT...vs...15 tackles, 7 sacks, 1 FF

Seems worth the extra money so far.

Joel
10-21-2014, 12:04 PM
As I've said before there is no way you watch Broncos play.
We covered each snipers go-to personal attack long ago; this isn't YOUR first time TODAY. Who's the condescending know-it-all again, Mr. "if you bothered watching the games, you'd be as smart as me"?

Jackson already has two sacks on the season. Denver's defensive tackles will end up with some sacks but that's not their first priority. If you would actually watch them play you just might catch on.
As I ALREADY SAID, Ware and Miller are lighting guys up, but only ONE other Bronco has multiple sacks, and he only has two; guess who that one other guy is.

I'm fine with Miller and Ware racking up 15 sacks in just 6 games; that's 2½/game, which puts them on pace for 40 by seasons end (!) It's a long season though, and stuff happens; Miller's coming off an ACL tear, and Ware hurt his back so badly last year that he needed a few games off and was STILL impotent against freakin' Clark and Franklin in his next start.

I remember all the homers last year saying, "KC, sure they've got 30 sacks halfway through the season, but 20 are from just 2 guys!" NO ONE here remembers saying that? NO ONE thinks it sounds like just the opposite of what the same folks are saying now that the shoe's on the other foot? I don't want Manning forced to be a one-man offense or Miller and Ware forced to be a two-man front seven. Wolfe and Jackson are fine pass rushers, too, and the attention Ware and Miller draw while our DTs push the pocket give them opportunities I hope they exploit.

Why the :censored: does EVERYTHING I say have to boil down to "WE'RE THE GoAT; SEATTLE MUST SURRENDER THEIR LOMBARDI BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T BEAT US IN REGULATION AT HOME111" to avoid the Usual Suspect accusing me of being... I don't even know what; some kind of Raiders Fifth Column, I guess. Gonna exile me to Donner Pass, comrades?

MOtorboat
10-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Ware and Miller are the best duo in the game.

So we're going to complain that other players aren't getting sacks? What a stupid, stupid thing to say. **** off already.

Joel
10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Ware and Miller are the best duo in the game.

So we're going to complain that other players aren't getting sacks? What a stupid, stupid thing to say. **** off already.
Hey, man, I manage to tolerate incessant provocations without cussing YOU out; maybe you should try that some time instead of ORDERING Mods to ban me like they're your personal cyberhit squad.

SR
10-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Hey, man, I manage to tolerate incessant provocations without cussing YOU out; maybe you should try that some time instead of ORDERING Mods to ban me like they're your personal cyberhit squad.

Have you ever heard the saying "if everyone thinks you're something, you're probably what everyone thinks you are"?

MOtorboat
10-21-2014, 12:30 PM

How can one person be so dissatisfied with such a good team?

You're right, I, and many others have asked for you to be banned, because you've single-handedly ruined the Broncos talk forum on this site with your petty, negative posts.

CoachChaz
10-21-2014, 12:36 PM
If Jackson and company cant get to sacks in time because Ware and Miller got there first...I'm okay with that.

dogfish
10-21-2014, 12:45 PM
if joel won the lottery, can you imagine how much time he'd spend crying over all the taxes he'd have to pay?

if cleveland is the Factory of Sadness, that dude is the Factory of Misery. . .

TXBRONC
10-21-2014, 01:08 PM
We covered each snipers go-to personal attack long ago; this isn't YOUR first time TODAY. Who's the condescending know-it-all again, Mr. "if you bothered watching the games, you'd be as smart as me"?

As I ALREADY SAID, Ware and Miller are lighting guys up, but only ONE other Bronco has multiple sacks, and he only has two; guess who that one other guy is.

I'm fine with Miller and Ware racking up 15 sacks in just 6 games; that's 2½/game, which puts them on pace for 40 by seasons end (!) It's a long season though, and stuff happens; Miller's coming off an ACL tear, and Ware hurt his back so badly last year that he needed a few games off and was STILL impotent against freakin' Clark and Franklin in his next start.

I remember all the homers last year saying, "KC, sure they've got 30 sacks halfway through the season, but 20 are from just 2 guys!" NO ONE here remembers saying that? NO ONE thinks it sounds like just the opposite of what the same folks are saying now that the shoe's on the other foot? I don't want Manning forced to be a one-man offense or Miller and Ware forced to be a two-man front seven. Wolfe and Jackson are fine pass rushers, too, and the attention Ware and Miller draw while our DTs push the pocket give them opportunities I hope they exploit.

Why the :censored: does EVERYTHING I say have to boil down to "WE'RE THE GoAT; SEATTLE MUST SURRENDER THEIR LOMBARDI BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T BEAT US IN REGULATION AT HOME111" to avoid the Usual Suspect accusing me of being... I don't even know what; some kind of Raiders Fifth Column, I guess. Gonna exile me to Donner Pass, comrades?

I don't think it's personal attack to say you're not watching the games.

Why would I have to guess who the guy is that has more than one sack besides Miller and Ware when I was the one who told you it's Malik Jackson? :confused:

I don't recall anyone scoffing at the Chiefs because Hali and Houston had 20 sacks between them last season. I do remember people saying that K.C. had played a soft schedule up until they faced Denver. I also remember you doing your Chicken Little dance how Denver was going to have a hard time keeping up with Chiefs. Btw do you know what the Chiefs record the last seven games of the season because I do and I'm sure bunch of others know as well?

Ravage!!!
10-21-2014, 01:38 PM

Has the built in protection plan. If things go badly, he has the "I told you so." If things don't go badly, then he can say "I'm glad I was wrong, I'm a fan!"

Hope for the best, expect the worst. Joel just takes it to an entirely different level. HOPES for the worst, then tolerates the best. Rinse and repeat.

Davii
10-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Has the built in protection plan. If things go badly, he has the "I told you so." If things don't go badly, then he can say "I'm glad I was wrong, I'm a fan!"

Hope for the best, expect the worst. Joel just takes it to an entirely different level. HOPES for the worst, then tolerates the best. Rinse and repeat.

Best explanation ever.

CrazyHorse
10-21-2014, 02:53 PM
What's the record for a duo?

underrated29
10-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Have you ever heard the saying "if everyone thinks you're something, you're probably what everyone thinks you are"?

Captain sexy pants
Usually is the one I get

Joel
10-22-2014, 05:53 AM
It's not everyone just a handful of the same people who feel obligated to harangue me for anything I say (and many things I DON'T say anywhere but in their minds.) Have you ever heard the saying, "If everybody thinks alike, nobody's thinking"?

You're right, I, and many others have asked for you to be banned, because you've single-handedly ruined the Broncos talk forum on this site with your petty, negative posts.
Well, if anyone knows pettiness.... ;)

Still seems like projection though: I don't make a point of following every one of YOUR posts with some snide response about what an awful human being you are.

I don't think it's personal attack to say you're not watching the games.
It's a personal attack to ASSUME disagreeing with you proves I'm not watching the games, especially when I've repeatedly told you I DO watch them: I just take off my opaque-colored glasses first. ;)

Why would I have to guess who the guy is that has more than one sack besides Miller and Ware when I was the one who told you it's Malik Jackson? :confused:
You don't, but when I say, "only one other guy has multiple sacks, and HE only has TWO," you also don't need to tell me who it is: Referencing it indicates I already know.

I don't recall anyone scoffing at the Chiefs because Hali and Houston had 20 sacks between them last season. I do remember people saying that K.C. had played a soft schedule up until they faced Denver. I also remember you doing your Chicken Little dance how Denver was going to have a hard time keeping up with Chiefs. Btw do you know what the Chiefs record the last seven games of the season because I do and I'm sure bunch of others know as well?Your inability to recall it can't alter the fact it happened, and KCs schedule prior to playing us wasn't any softer than ours prior to playing them: Our schedules were IDENTICAL except for TWO teams—out of SIXTEEN. Over the WHOLE SEASON, they won as many of those games as we did: Eleven. The difference was we swept them head-to-head, which increased our 11 wins to 13 and their 3 losses to 5.

Joel
10-22-2014, 05:57 AM
If Jackson and company cant get to sacks in time because Ware and Miller got there first...I'm okay with that.
In principle, yes, but injuries happen, and Ware and Millers domination can't help but draw double teams, so SOMEONE needs to pick up the slack when that happens. I don't expect yet a third guy to rack up a dozen sacks this season, but it would be nice if ANYONE else had more than TWO in six games.

That's a whole lot of it, yeah; I don't lose a lot sleep over what WON'T go wrong.

BroncoWave
10-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Joel, pay attention when Ware and Miller are getting those sacks. You'll notice that guys like Jackson, Wolfe, etc are usually just a split second away from getting that sack themselves. But since Ware and Miller are obviously two of the fastest pass rushers in the league, they tend to get there first. It's not like those other guys are generating no pressure, it's just difficult to beat two of the top 5 pass rushers in the league to the QB on a consistent basis.

CoachChaz
10-22-2014, 08:35 AM
In principle, yes, but injuries happen, and Ware and Millers domination can't help but draw double teams, so SOMEONE needs to pick up the slack when that happens. I don't expect yet a third guy to rack up a dozen sacks this season, but it would be nice if ANYONE else had more than TWO in six games.

That's a whole lot of it, yeah; I don't lose a lot sleep over what WON'T go wrong.

I get what you're saying, but we're only 6 games in. Who knows what happens in the next 10 when we face pocket QB's who are more likely to step forward into the line than scramble out to the edge. 5 of the 6 QB's we've faced so far have been mobile guys that can do that. Rivers, Brady, Tannehill, Dalton, etc. arent that type. So, it's not unreasonable to see Wolfe and Jackson both end the season in the 5-7 sack range.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2014, 09:03 AM
I get what you're saying, but we're only 6 games in. Who knows what happens in the next 10 when we face pocket QB's who are more likely to step forward into the line than scramble out to the edge. 5 of the 6 QB's we've faced so far have been mobile guys that can do that. Rivers, Brady, Tannehill, Dalton, etc. arent that type. So, it's not unreasonable to see Wolfe and Jackson both end the season in the 5-7 sack range.

That's WAY too much of a positive outlook, Coach.

CoachChaz
10-22-2014, 09:28 AM
That's WAY too much of a positive outlook, Coach.

I apologize. I'll try to hate my team a little more

VonDoom
10-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Since we're on the subject of our DT's:

But if sacks had assists, Miller and Ware know who would get them. Because while the glamour guys collect the highlights along the way, it takes a defensive village to raise a sack.

"And those guys in the middle, they make it go," Miller said. "It’s like I’ve said, they’re unselfish, they just get to work."

The rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/146065/sometimes-miller-ware-sacks-are-an-inside-job

TXBRONC
10-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Joel, pay attention when Ware and Miller are getting those sacks. You'll notice that guys like Jackson, Wolfe, etc are usually just a split second away from getting that sack themselves. But since Ware and Miller are obviously two of the fastest pass rushers in the league, they tend to get there first. It's not like those other guys are generating no pressure, it's just difficult to beat two of the top 5 pass rushers in the league to the QB on a consistent basis.

Common sense.

TXBRONC
10-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Since we're on the subject of our DT's:

The rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/146065/sometimes-miller-ware-sacks-are-an-inside-job

I like the Hillary reference. :lol:

Seriously, this hits the nail on the nail on the head. Pot Roast isn't considered one of the better defensive tackles because he get sacks and lots of tackles it because he eats up space and blockers.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Thank you Hillary. :lol:

Seriously, this hits the nail on the nail on the head. Pot Roast isn't considered one of the better defensive tackles because he get sacks and lots of tackles it because he eats up space and blockers.

Exactly, there are times when Miller or Ware come off the edge and the QB can't step up into the pocket because of what our DT's are doing. Malik, Pot Roast, Knighton, and Wolfe are terrors inside on passing downs.

Joel
10-22-2014, 10:01 AM

That's a good point, because I HAVE paid attention, and on many occasions Ware-Miller took down a QB found myself thinking, If it hadn't been him, Wolfe-Jackson was coming the other way/right behind him.

Also a good point, and I'm on record in other threads that as long as the DTs are pushing/collapsing pockets and/or DRAWING double teams so Ware-Miller aren't facing them, that's good enough for me.

Ware-Wolfe still sounds cooler than Ware-Miller though....

TXBRONC
10-22-2014, 10:03 AM
That's a good point, because I HAVE paid attention, and on many occasions Ware-Miller took down a QB found myself thinking, If it hadn't been him, Wolfe-Jackson was coming the other way/right behind him.

Also a good point, and I'm on record in other threads that as long as the DTs are pushing/collapsing pockets and/or DRAWING double teams so Ware-Miller aren't facing them, that's good enough for me.

Ware-Wolfe still sounds cooler than Ware-Miller though....

Actually the name that people came up with is Von-Ware-Wolfe.