PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Davis - A Football Life

VonDoom
10-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Heads up - this Friday at 9:00 ET, NFL Network is debuting Terrell Davis: A Football Life. These are always really cool, so I'm excited to see this one:

http://instagram.com/p/uY4EQCnDq4/

Thanks to Mile High Report for pointing this out, or I might not have seen it.

Dzone
10-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Right on! Gotta set the dvr. This one is a must.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-20-2014, 06:45 PM
AhhhhhhhhhhHH! So friggin excited for this! Thanks for the heads up, Von.

I was pretty young during TD's years in Denver but remember enough to know that TD will forever remain one of my favorite athletes of all time. It's such a shame his career ended the way it did with all the injuries.

I watched the Sean Taylor Football Life docu a few weeks ago. That one was exceptional too.

Slick
10-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Will definitely catch this. Thanks Von Doom.

Slick
10-20-2014, 07:00 PM
VonWare?

VonDoom
10-20-2014, 07:16 PM
VonWare?

Is it too late to change my name? ;)

Dzone
10-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Curtis Martin is in the hall of fame. Until TD is inducted, the HOF is a joke.

Northman
10-24-2014, 03:53 PM
NFL Network is airing a episode of "A Football Life" about Terrell Davis tonight at 9pm Est. I have DVR recording it as i will be out at the Drive In tonight but just in case you knobs didnt know. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/q85/p720x720/1958204_10152844708204171_5627908899606833934_n.jp g?oh=111ab7266bd4accbb15148c27ac99379&oe=54B2B65C&__gda__=1420998239_d0b6a4900266c7830af1cfd1645e05b 0

Slick
10-24-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm all over it.

Also, those are the most beautiful uniforms in the history of football. Oh how I miss those.

tomjonesrocks
10-24-2014, 03:55 PM
NFL Network is airing a episode of "A Football Life" about Terrell Davis tonight at 9pm Est. I have DVR recording it as i will be out at the Drive In tonight but just in case you knobs didnt know. :)

Looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to seeing his career ending knee injury.

Slick
10-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Peyton Manning sound effects is immediately following. I already warned my girlfriend. 2 football nights in a row.

Tned
10-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Good thinking to post this. I saw it the other day and setup my DVR.

Following it is a Sound FX of Manning last week with his 509th TD pass.

Set your DVR for both.

underrated29
10-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Perhaps re-word the title a bit. I completely missed this thread until I saw on the main page TDs big picture, thats when I opened this.....

And ever since I saw the berry sanders one like 5 years ago I was hoping they would do one on TD...I am so glad they do. I doubt it will help but maybe after enough people see how he was the best RB in the league for his time and just how dominant he was, he may get his deserved HOF bust.

DenBronx
10-24-2014, 06:54 PM
I thought they already did a football life on Terrell Davis 5 plus years ago? Isnt this a rerun? I saw clips from it and it's what I saw in years past.

capt. Jack
10-24-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm all over it.

Also, those are the most beautiful uniforms in the history of football. Oh how I miss those.

I loved those Uniforms !!!

DenBronx
10-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Its very good so far. Who else is watchin?

Simple Jaded
10-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Its very good so far. Who else is watchin?

"My guys got 2 SB rings, my guys got a SB MVP a 2000 yard season and a league MVP".

Btw, a Drive In?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Terrell Davis: A Football Life was so good, as usual NFL Films knocks it out of the park.

I remember crying seeing that injury live and reeling in shock at seeing TD's knee buckle like that. You knew it was bad and hoped he'd be able to come back from it but knew he probably wouldn't. Seen it too many times to count but it still makes me feel sick knowing it cut his career way, way too short. Would have been incredible to see what he could have done if not for that one play. And yeah, TD not being in the Hall is an abomination.

Slick
10-24-2014, 09:30 PM
I teared up at the end. TD was and still is pure class.

aberdien
10-24-2014, 09:36 PM
I missed it but it replays in an hour and 30 minutes.

Dzone
10-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Best Episode ever!!!! I just watched it and am going to watch it again in 10 minutes when it comes on. That was incredible. Loved how they presented reasons why TD should be in the HOF. TD's story is like a movie. Its a travesty that such a legend with a legendary story is being shunned by the HOF

Slick
10-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Merge the threads.

Mike Mc Coy was QB at Long Beach with TD? Small world.

Dzone
10-24-2014, 09:56 PM
What a huge week for the Broncos. Sunday night Manning breaks the record, then thursday night national tv victory over sd, then friday night is the terrell davis story and manning mic'ed up. What a week
That was the best A Football Live ever

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-24-2014, 09:58 PM
I teared up at the end. TD was and still is pure class.

If I had seen this thread I wouldn't have bumped the older one lol.

Yeah, gotta agree with you Slick. It's especially tough hearing him talk about his Dad right after seeing the injury as well. Had the best seat in the house to witness his son's dominance for the 4 (healthy) seasons we had him though, gotta think.

Slick
10-24-2014, 10:02 PM
If I had seen this thread I wouldn't have bumped the older one lol.

Yeah, gotta agree with you Slick. It's especially tough hearing him talk about his Dad right after seeing the injury as well. Had the best seat in the house to witness his son's dominance for the 4 (healthy) seasons we had him though, gotta think.

Yeah, the Dad part hit home for me.

Nomad
10-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Damn....AK time has it's negatives. TD is one if my all time favorites. He is pure class.

Dzone
10-24-2014, 10:22 PM
TD was kind of expecting the story to talk about the origins of the mile high salute. He said if its not in there that he would tell the story next week. The left that part out of it but it was still awesome

CrazyHorse
10-24-2014, 11:44 PM
I missed this. Will they replay it?

Dzone
10-25-2014, 12:02 AM
The comparison between TDs first 65 games and Jim Browns first 65 are almost identical. Jim Brown played only 2 years longer than Terrell and retired early. TD is in the same class as Jim Brown. Terrell should be in the HOF. Hands down. Lets start a grass roots campaign.

DenBronx
10-25-2014, 12:13 AM
HOF! HOF! HOF!!!!

If he doesn't get in soon the HOF is a total sham!

Krugan
10-25-2014, 08:34 AM
The man deserves the HoF, those numbers are by far enough to be in.

When he was playing, he was the BEST in the game, damn shame hes not already in....

CoachChaz
10-25-2014, 12:10 PM
HOF! HOF! HOF!!!!

If he doesn't get in soon the HOF is a total sham!

It isn't already?

chazoe60
10-25-2014, 12:44 PM
It isn't already?

Yeah that was pretty much established with the exclusion of Rich Tombstone Jackson and the agonizingly long time it took to get Floyd Little in. I wonder when Steve Atwater will get some notice? 2050?

Slick
10-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Yeah that was pretty much established with the exclusion of Rich Tombstone Jackson and the agonizingly long time it took to get Floyd Little in. I wonder when Steve Atwater will get some notice? 2050?

Randy Gradishar says hello! I'm right here!

Pudge
10-25-2014, 01:16 PM
He has amazing teeth

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Shoot, I forgot to record it.

Slick
10-25-2014, 02:19 PM
He has amazing teeth

I noticed that. Then I noticed them when he was being interviewed at Georgia. He bought those pearly whites.

tomjonesrocks
10-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Recorded but watched soundFX w/Manning (it's "ok") because I wasn't in the mood to cry like a woman when the knee injury part came.

Ugh.

Do they spend a long time with the replay?

Hardwired
10-25-2014, 04:49 PM
I noticed that. Then I noticed them when he was being interviewed at Georgia. He bought those pearly whites.

He had braces for a couple of years to straighten them out. I remember at the time they thought his crooked teeth contributed to his migraines. I don't remember any follow-ups as to how successful the braces were, but his teeth sure look better.

Joel
10-25-2014, 05:05 PM
The comparison between TDs first 65 games and Jim Browns first 65 are almost identical. Jim Brown played only 2 years longer than Terrell and retired early. TD is in the same class as Jim Brown. Terrell should be in the HOF. Hands down. Lets start a grass roots campaign.
I love Terrell Davis to death, but that's silly: Jim Brown averaged 100 yds/gm for his CAREER, and hit that mark in all but TWO of his nine seasons. Only Barry Sanders has matched that, and only if we round his 99.8 yds/gm up (which we certainly can't when talking about all-time career bests.) Terrell Davis came close at 97.5/gm over his career, but close still isn't even. Brown's also the only RB to average 5+ yds/att for his whole career (I know Charles is currently above that, but he's also not done playing; if Barry had retired a year earlier, he'd be over 100 yds/gm for his career, but he didn't, so he's not.)

Jim Brown was the best pure runner the game's ever seen; no one comes close. He invented the stiff arm, and no back before or since has been as feared by tacklers, not Cambell, not Okoye: Nobody.

All that said, what's always impressed me most about Terrell Davis is that the better the defense, the better he played. It's one thing to romp over potluck regular season opponents, and we see it all the time, but ALL postseason opponents are good, else they wouldn't be there, and the farther you go, the better they get, which has been the undoing of many a supposedly great RB. Not Terrell Davis: Even against a top Packers D in the Super Bowl, all he did was become the first and still ONLY man to run for 3 TDs in a single Super Bowl. He's the Reggie Jackson of RBs. Wish I could've seen this. :(

atwater27
10-25-2014, 09:07 PM
VonWare?

WareWolfe

Slick
10-25-2014, 09:09 PM
WareWolfe

That's a good one!

atwater27
10-25-2014, 09:11 PM
That show was awesome, just got around to watching my DVR. The story about his dad was trip. Lined him and his brothers up while drunk one night, pulled out a gun and shot above all of their heads into the wall. They say he was a good dad besides that, but I don't buy it.

BroncoWave
10-25-2014, 09:12 PM
That show was awesome, just got around to watching my DVR. The story about his dad was trip. Lined him and his brothers up while drunk one night, pulled out a gun and shot above all of their heads into the wall. They say he was a good dad besides that, but I don't buy it.

Good to see you draw the line somewhere! ;)

Slick
10-25-2014, 09:23 PM

Yeah, that was nuts. He loved his Dad though. His emotion when talking about the day he died looked sincere and real.

GEM
10-25-2014, 11:45 PM
Great show!! I still cuss Lepsis out every time I see it!

tomjonesrocks
10-26-2014, 03:31 AM
Watched it. Liked it but could have been much longer. SB victories really barely covered, And not much of Elway in it either.

EastCoastBronco
10-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Just finished it.
Thought they did a good job on some parts but it felt "rushed" (no pun intended) in a lot of places.
For example...They did the history up to the "Tackle in Tokyo" and then broke for a commercial.
Following the commercial they were into the 98 season and the 2000 yard record.
Not sure where the 95-97 seasons went.
I realize they showed a lot of that in the "intro" part but I would have liked to have seen the progression and reaction...

Overall, I thought it was good.
TD is such a class act.

After John Riggins he is my favorite back of all time...

Joel
10-26-2014, 04:57 PM
It's funny, because Riggins is the guy usually held up as the quintessential example of a guy who raised his game in the playoffs and progressively improved as opponents did—yet Davis' playoff performances blow Riggins' out of the water. Riggins is the consensus pick for Best Playoff Back Ever, but Terrell Davis is the one who EARNED that title by a wide margin.

Dzone
10-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Riggins is in the hof and TD is not. Thats just wrong!

Ravage!!!
10-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Riggins is in the hof and TD is not. Thats just wrong!

But, Riggins deserves to be in the HoF. TD does as well, imo, but that doesn't take away from Riggins accomplishments.

Joel
10-26-2014, 08:00 PM
But, Riggins deserves to be in the HoF. TD does as well, imo, but that doesn't take away from Riggins accomplishments.
I dunno; he had three straight great seasons, following the first with a great playoff run and setting the season rushing TD record the second, but the 'Skins fed him the ball a staggering number of times in all of them, and he was pretty nondescript both before and after that. He only hit 1000 yds thrice in the preceding decade (though one of those seasons was 14 games, so 1000 yds was more of an accomplishment) and his career average was <4 yds/att. He was a classic FB; for three years, maybe the best FB EVER—but are 3 unparallelled seasons and 11 average ones Canton-worthy?

tomjonesrocks
10-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Just finished it. Thought they did a good job on some parts but it felt "rushed" (no pun intended) in a lot of places. For example...They did the history up to the "Tackle in Tokyo" and then broke for a commercial. Following the commercial they were into the 98 season and the 2000 yard record. Not sure where the 95-97 seasons went. I realize they showed a lot of that in the "intro" part but I would have liked to have seen the progression and reaction... Overall, I thought it was good. TD is such a class act. After John Riggins he is my favorite back of all time...

Kind of my thoughts as well. As much as Elway is kind of the be-all Bronco, and IMO the GOAT, if I've ever had a sports man crush it's gotta be TD. Man I loved watching that guy play.

Simple Jaded
10-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Is it too late to change my name? ;)

Do it!