PDA

View Full Version : trevathon on IR

Tned
10-14-2014, 04:56 PM
He's designated for return.
Broncos official statement.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, OCT. 14, 2014

BRONCOS LB DANNY TREVATHAN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE (DESIGNATED FOR RETURN)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos on Tuesday placed linebacker Danny Trevathan on injured reserve with the designation to return, it was announced.
Trevathan, who has totaled seven tackles in two starts this season, is eligible to begin practicing with the team on Nov. 26, and can return to the active roster the week prior to Denver’s game against the San Diego Chargers on Dec. 14.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runne

NightTrainLayne
10-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Well, we'll get a REALLY good look at Marshall then huh?

Hopefully, Trevathan can contribute in the stretch run, and be up to speed for the playoffs.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Well, we'll get a REALLY good look at Marshall then huh?

Hopefully, Trevathan can contribute in the stretch run, and be up to speed for the playoffs.

Not only Marshall

Broncos lean on Corey Nelson to help replace Danny Trevathan
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-lean-on-Corey-Nelson-to-help-replace-Danny-Trevathan/ad40114f-640e-4d67-8221-e94035c6b811

weazel
10-14-2014, 05:10 PM
poor guy is gonna injure himself right out of the league

VonDoom
10-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Legwold says we'll promote Shaq Barrett to take Trev's roster spot

Joel
10-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Not only Marshall

Broncos lean on Corey Nelson to help replace Danny Trevathan
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-lean-on-Corey-Nelson-to-help-replace-Danny-Trevathan/ad40114f-640e-4d67-8221-e94035c6b811
Yeah, but how much of that is filling Marshalls spot while he's filling Trevathans, and how much of it is Irving regressing back to our norm of benching the Mike in nickel? The natural move there is to sub a DB for Miller while he slides down to Wolfe/Jacksons RDE spot and they slide inside to replace a DT, but we haven't had a Mike that covered well enough for that since Wilson retired. Early on, it looked like Irving might FINALLY change that after spending his career to date trying yet failing, but I've not seen much of him since the bye, and if he's back to skipping nickel for a backup, that's worrying.

I'm really surprised we're using the Return-Designated IR spot on Trevathan, because I didn't expect him to be out that long and that's a spot that won't be free for anyone hurt longer in the NEXT few games. Maybe the fracture's just worse than I thought (hope not; it's also a bit surprising a fracture that bad didn't show up on X-rays.)