PDA

View Full Version : Danny Trevathan to have MRI on injured left knee

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2014, 07:54 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — While X-rays taken here Sunday were negative, the Broncos must wait until a more revealing magnetic resonance imaging exam is done Monday before determining the extent of Danny Trevathan's left knee injury.

There is concern Trevathan might have suffered ligament damage, although there wasn't much looseness in the knee. An MRI would determine the extent of ligament damage, if any.

Trevathan, the Broncos' starting weakside linebacker, was walking without a limp in the postgame locker room so there is hope his injury is not as serious as it appeared when he was carted off the MetLife Stadium field early in Denver's 31-17 victory Sunday against the New York Jets.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26713876/broncos-lb-danny-trevathan-carted-off-knee-injury

Joel
10-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Worries me it's the same knee, but glad to know the X-ray's negative. Hopes and prayers the MRI is, too; thanks for the update, 'cause I've wondered ever since he left the game (seeing the cart was scary.)

VonDoom
10-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why we haven't seen any news on Trevathan yet - because there is none, until the MRI. I feared the worst seeing him taken out of there, but the fact that he was walking around and the x-ray was negative are good signs, hopefully. The only thing Danny Tweeted on the subject after the game was:

Danny Trevathan @Grindin_59 · 3h 3 hours ago

Great team win right there. One week at a time. Thanks for your concerns! The grind continues bruh #BroncosUp

Simple Jaded
10-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Apparently it's when there isn't pain that it's a bad thing, knock on wood.

Dzone
10-12-2014, 08:52 PM
We need him. Jeff legwold on 850 just said the prevailing thinking is that the ligaments look to be okay but wont know for sure until the mri tomorrow.Sounded hopeful

Timmy!
10-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Hopefully its not serious and he is back for the home stretch. That said, Marshall hasn't been horrible. Broncos should be fine.

Magnificent Seven
10-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Hopefully its not serious and he is back for the home stretch. That said, Marshall hasn't been horrible. Broncos should be fine.

LB Marshall is a solid back up LB. I like him.

TXBRONC
10-13-2014, 09:54 AM
LB Marshall is a solid back up LB. I like him.

Agreed he's been solid overall but there is pretty big difference between him and Trevathan in pass coverage.

tubby
10-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Welp sounds like another fractured knee.

VonDoom
10-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Another leg fracture:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Trevathan has a crack in the bone "just above the knee" in his left leg. "Nothing remotely the same" compared to his last injury, Fox said.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Fox: "I hate putting timelines on things." He said the fracture is "high on the side," Trevathan's last one was "low, in the front."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Before Danny Trevathans fracture was below left kneecap. This fracture above left kneecap. Fox didnt say but fractures take 6 weeks to heal

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Broncos LB Danny Trevathan has a crack in the bone "just above the knee" in his left leg, per John Fox. Expected to miss multiple games.

Damn. I guess it's better than "season ending" though.

Krugan
10-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Well this sucks.

D seemed to be better with him in there, but alas thats the way it goes.

Next man up!

tubby
10-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis · 3m3 minutes ago
Update: Danny Trevathan out 3 to 6 weeks with cracked bone near left kneecap. No surgery, no IR. http://denverpost.com/broncos

Timmy!
10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
I'd give him the extra time. Have him back hopefully full strength for December and January.

Joel
10-13-2014, 03:16 PM
This really does suck. At least it's to a (slightly) different area rather than a recurrent injury; hope he's taking on calcium supplements (unless the league decides to ban those instead of Adderall, which wouldn't be shocking at this stage.) I like Marshall a lot, and he's been a solid backup—but Trevathan's a lot better, and will be missed, especially when Gates and Davis come to town.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
The Broncos will again be without weakside linebacker Danny Trevathan, this time for three to six weeks, according to an NFL source, after he suffered a crack near the top of the left kneecap.

Trevathan will not require surgery. Depending on how Trevathan's week goes, the Broncos might discuss putting him on the injured reserve designated to return, which would mean he must sit out eight weeks. He suffered the injury on the second defensive play of the game Sunday against the New York Jets. Two Jets blockers steamrolled Trevathan during a screen pass to his former teammate, receiver Eric Decker.

Trevathan's kneecap was dislocated on the play and as it popped back in, part of a bone in the area cracked.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26719544/danny-trevathan-likely-out-few-weeks-fracture-above

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2014, 03:53 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Brandon Marshall followed a gravel path — not a yellow brick road — to the Broncos’ starting lineup. He advanced from practice squad star to utility player to invaluable weakside linebacker.

He filled in for Danny Trevathan in the Broncos’ first three games, a role he figured would dissolve once Trevathan took over last week. On the Jets’ second offensive play, Trevathan injured his left knee, and Marshall’s day changed. As did his gear.

“We switched the helmets out, and I called the signals just like I did before,” said Marshall, trusted with the green-dot helmet because of his knowledge of the defense. “It was an easier transition this time. the Colts game (in the season-opener), I am not going to lie I was a little nervous. This time the game wasn’t as fast. It slowed down for me.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/10/13/brandon-marshall-plays-key-role-following-danny-trevathan-injury/30242/

Davii
10-13-2014, 04:52 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26719544/danny-trevathan-likely-out-few-weeks-fracture-above

The whole kneecap dislocation sounds very painful! Very glad there was no tendon/ligament damage. Heal up Danny!

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis · 3m3 minutes ago
Update: Danny Trevathan out 3 to 6 weeks with cracked bone near left kneecap. No surgery, no IR. http://denverpost.com/broncos

Another cracked bone? That seems odd.

spikerman
10-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Another cracked bone? That seems odd.

I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

Corticosteroid-induced Osteoperosis?

VonDoom
10-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Needs to drink more milk.

spikerman
10-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Ummmm. In English? I'm just hoping it's not some kind of Dave Dravecky situation.

Joel
10-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Please tell me you just made up a side effect that doesn't exist.

TXBRONC
10-13-2014, 10:01 PM

Steroid induced brittle bones? It's doubtful because that comes from long term use.

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Please tell me you just made up a side effect that doesn't exist.

Long-term steroid use (for like anti-rejection purposes or something) can weaken bones. You can get "fragility fractures" from minor injuries.

Relevant? Not so much. I just wrote something I figured Spike wouldn't be thinking.

That said it sure seems weird he'd crack his same leg in 2 places basically weeks apart.

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Steroid induced brittle bones? It's doubtful because that comes from long term use.

Best me to it.

dogfish
10-13-2014, 10:39 PM

he's a pro athlete. . . probably HAS been using for a while now. . .

Dzone
10-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Steroids are great!

Joel
10-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Long-term steroid use (for like anti-rejection purposes or something) can weaken bones. You can get "fragility fractures" from minor injuries.

Relevant? Not so much. I just wrote something I figured Spike wouldn't be thinking.

That said it sure seems weird he'd crack his same leg in 2 places basically weeks apart.
Didn't know about that one, so thanks (I think....)

Wouldn't be surprising, sadly, but I'll wait for a positive test like Goodell inexplicably keeps letting Seattle weasel out of for no good reason.

VonDoom
10-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Per Twitter, Trevathan placed on IR with destination to return.

I believe he has to miss eight weeks. Ouch.

dogfish
10-14-2014, 05:23 PM
looks like the niners are gonna be without patrick willis next weekend, so we can't expect any sympathy. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2014, 05:34 PM
looks like the niners are gonna be without patrick willis next weekend, so we can't expect any sympathy. . .

Yeah, no kidding, especially since we still have the best LB in football. the 9ers are also missing Navarro Bowman. Denver should win this game. Aldon Smith is still out too, isn't he?

dogfish
10-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah, no kidding, especially since we still have the best LB in football. the 9ers are also missing Navarro Bowman. Denver should win this game. Aldon Smith is still out too, isn't he?

yep. . . and part of thir secondary as well. . . can't sleep on 'em, though. . . they're mad deep on defense, they draft and develop really well. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2014, 06:00 PM
yep. . . and part of thir secondary as well. . . can't sleep on 'em, though. . . they're mad deep on defense, they draft and develop really well. . .

Yeah, Kaep is always a risk to have a big game. He's starting to gel with his receivers a bit.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-14-2014, 06:34 PM

Yeah, Kaep is always a risk to have a big game. He's starting to gel with his receivers a bit.

You know Lloyd is gonna want to have a big game. If there's one type of QB I hate playing its a runner. Kaepernick is mobile and that can slow down our pass rush.

I wish we had Trevathan for this game. He's exactly the kind of guy we could use to spy Kaep and help to limit Gore.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2014, 06:46 PM
You know Lloyd is gonna want to have a big game. If there's one type of QB I hate playing its a runner. Kaepernick is mobile and that can slow down our pass rush.

I wish we had Trevathan for this game. He's exactly the kind of guy we could use to spy Kaep and help to limit Gore.

Von Miller has proven to be really effective in that role in the past.

dogfish
10-14-2014, 06:51 PM
You know Lloyd is gonna want to have a big game.

want to, sure. . . let tj ward gets his hands on him once, though, and it's the last we'll hear from him. . . lloyd can be dangerous outside the numbers, but he's also the biggest alligator arms pansy in the game. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2014, 06:53 PM

I think this is going to be far and away the best defense the 9ers have faced this year.

spikerman
10-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Hopefully the Broncos learned from the Seattle game and put a spy on Kap.

TXBRONC
10-14-2014, 08:02 PM

What TJR talking about isn't the kind of steroid that will build muscle mass.

Davii
10-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Per Twitter, Trevathan placed on IR with destination to return.

I believe he has to miss eight weeks. Ouch.

He can practice 26 November and play 14 December.

Joel
10-14-2014, 08:18 PM
I think this is going to be far and away the best defense the 9ers have faced this year.
Well, we're 4th best in yds/game (and 1st overall, but we've had our bye) and 3rd best in yds/play (just ahead of SF, ironically) so that's very mathematically likely.

Seattle trails us in total, passing AND rushing yards
Arizona's one spot ahead of us in rushing yards, but DEAD LAST in passing yards
The Chiefs are 7th vs. the pass whie we're 14th, but we're 4th vs. the run while they're 23rd.

The only defenses with undeniably better stats are Detroit (1st overall, 1st vs. pass, 2nd vs. run,) SF (2nd overall, 2nd vs. pass, 5th vs. run) and—SD (3rd overall, 4th vs. pass, 9th vs. run.)

The 'Niners don't play Detroit, and obviously not themselves, so, statistically, the only defense better than ours on their schedule is SDs, and all SDs opponents so far have AWFUL offenses (unlike Indy.)