PDA

View Full Version : Broncos don't like the sight of yellow

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2014, 07:44 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- In the end the Denver Broncos will take a win, but could do without the pile of flags that came with it Sunday.

The Broncos finished with 11 penalties for 101 yards in the 31-17 victory over the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium. It is already the second time in five outings this season the Broncos have finished with 11 penalties in a game, a total that a team that prides itself on precision will need to address.

“We had a couple penalties we shouldn’t have had, or maybe a few penalties we shouldn’t have had -- too many penalties’’ said wide receiver Demaryius Thomas. “We just have to clean that up.’’

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/9255/broncos-dont-like-the-sight-of-yellow

Simple Jaded
10-12-2014, 10:47 PM
It's not just bad calls against Denver the Fox needs to evaluate and send to the league, it's also missed/ignored calls vs the opposition.

wayninja
10-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Agreed. Broncos had some sloppy play, but the lopsided penalty calling was borderline absurd.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2014, 08:33 AM
The officials are throwing a lot more flags this season. It's starting to irk the fan base as a whole. Every team is getting flagged more often. Even Seattle (who was the one team deserving of flags but not getting them) got flagged a good amount at home vs Dallas.

They're really starting to flag a lot of ticky tack calls that they normally haven't before. I don't know if the refs were told to throw more flags but they're starting to really impact the flow of games.

Nomad
10-13-2014, 08:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/11/illegal-contact-quadruples-defensive-holding-doubles-from-2013/

Fans bitched and moaned and wanted more offense, and less of the 'Seattle' style of defense. Also, I guess players are getting their feelings hurt more now, so the unsportsmanlike's have increased.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2014, 09:54 AM
If the referees are being told to throw more flags, I don't have a problem with that, as long as they are throwing flags on both teams for everything they have been told to watch. In yesterday's game, you could see things that the Jets were doing, which should have been a penalty, but did not get flagged.

Nomad
10-13-2014, 10:05 AM
If the referees are being told to throw more flags, I don't have a problem with that, as long as they are throwing flags on both teams for everything they have been told to watch. In yesterday's game, you could see things that the Jets were doing, which should have been a penalty, but did not get flagged.

You're right, Carol, the officials should be consistent on calling fouls for both teams. Perhaps they were intimidated by the Jets fans:lol:

Regardless of the team or game, it seems the WOs and QBs are always looking for a bailout from the officials.....it gets old.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2014, 11:27 AM

You're right, Carol, the officials should be consistent on calling fouls for both teams. Perhaps they were intimidated by the Jets fans:lol:

Regardless of the team or game, it seems the WOs and QBs are always looking for a bailout from the officials.....it gets old.

No kidding! I'm growing increasingly tired of watching every WR call for a flag when a DB makes a great play or every QB immediately looking at the refs after he gets hit, legally or not. It's almost become like soccer where everyone just tries to get a call. What's next, diving?