PDA

View Full Version : Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas poised for another big day

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2014, 05:28 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo -- A week ago the Denver Broncos believed wide receiver Demaryius Thomas had shaken himself loose from an early season struggle. They could see his work in practice, see the explosiveness, the trademark catch-and-run efforts.

Then last Sunday, in a 41-20 victory against the Arizona Cardinals, everyone saw the proof. Thomas had a career-best 226 yards on his eight receptions to go with two touchdowns. Now, with another week of practices in the books, both the Broncos and Thomas believe that was just a good start.

"I am not going to say it’s easier," Thomas said. "It’s a little different to finally go out and make plays and to do what I think I can do, go out and make plays for my team, big plays. The first three weeks I wasn’t doing that, so it was in the back of my mind and I was still beating myself up, and now after the bye week just go out and play and forget whatever happened that play and don’t worry about it."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/9226/demaryius-thomas-poised-for-another-big-day

Joel
10-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Though I still think being off his foot for a week made more difference than anything. Dropping a few passes can be distracting, but know what's really distracting? Stabbing pain in an ankle at every step.