PDA

View Full Version : Montee Ball- "Out for a While"

Northman
10-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Hope he gets better but a part of me actually likes the fact that some of the other backs will now get a shot to see if they can breathe a sense of fresh air into the running game. Yesterday both Hillman and Thompson had much more success running that Ball did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/06/montee-ball-out-for-a-while-with-groin-injury/

Broncos running back Montee Ball (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7407/montee-ball) suffered a groin injury on Sunday that could keep him off the field for weeks.

A source told Mike Klis of the Denver Post that the Broncos think Ball will be “out for a while (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26669382/broncos-montee-ball-miss-time-groin-injury),” although they won’t know for sure until he has an MRI today.

The injury, which Ball suffered while blocking, limited Ball to just six carries for seven yards on Sunday. Ball has disappointed as the Broncos’ starting running back this year, averaging just 3.1 yards a carry through four games.

The good news is that the Broncos’ backup running backs played well after Ball went down: Ronnie Hillman (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7440/ronnie-hillman) had 15 carries for 64 yards, and Juwan Thompson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9831/juwan-thompson) had three carries for 15 yards and a touchdown. The Broncos’ offense should be in good hands without Ball.

Joel
10-06-2014, 08:53 AM
I like Thompson, but 3 carries is a pretty small sample set. Hillman did really well though, and I hope he can keep it up (it wasn't the first time he got carries this year, just the first time he PRODUCED, and Arizonas D was gassed and had many starters out hurt by the time he took over.) I hope Balls injury's not too serious and he makes a quick full recovery, but I'm not sure how much longer he'd have kept the starting job even if healthy. The run blocking (particularly from Franklin) was still pretty bad, but it's easier to replace one RB than 2-3 linemen.

GEM
10-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Let's see what the other guys have. Why was Anderson inactive yesterday? Hate that it's to injury, but it came at a good time so we can figure out if it was Ball or the line. So far, looks like it could be Ball.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 09:05 AM
The other backs need a chance to do something. Hillman knows where to go at the LOS and has a lot more burst at the LOS then Ball will ever have. I truly believe our offensive is better with a quicker back than a slow waddling Monte Ball. I even seen Hillman pick up a blitz to perfection yesterday. I really hope Ball sits for awhile, but I hope he isn't seriously hurt.

VonDoom
10-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Let's see what the other guys have. Why was Anderson inactive yesterday? Hate that it's to injury, but it came at a good time so we can figure out if it was Ball or the line. So far, looks like it could be Ball.

I'm guessing he was inactive just because they didn't want to carry four RB's, and they wanted to give Juwan a chance. With Ball hurt, all three of the others should be active until he comes back.

I know the prevailing theory is that Arizona had "given up" by the time we started to run on them, but I don't know how true that is. That's a good defense that takes pride in stopping teams. I'd like to think that we're trending upwards, not that they were trending downwards. Let's see if we can keep it up next week.

tomjonesrocks
10-06-2014, 09:20 AM
You never want to see an injury but I'd had enough of Ball's utter ineffectiveness.

I like Thompson's odds of producing more than Hillman's long term - but can he pass block?

Dzone
10-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Running back by committee ...Thompson as a battering ram Hillman as a slasher...Thunder and Lightning.
Kapri Bibbs should get a shot. That would be cool.
Did cj anderson play special teams? I know Thompson does. That might be the difference
Thompson reminds of william floyd, #40

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
It'll be good to let the other backs have a chance to practice with 1s. Nothing wrong with developing depth, and we might get to find out what we really have with Hillman and Thompson.

GEM
10-06-2014, 09:54 AM
I also think that Hillman was hitting his runs to the outside of the line, where Ball was always going up the middle. With Franklin having some issues at Guard, that may have helped going to the outside, where Ball is a bit too slow to get to the outside.

Northman
10-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I also think that Hillman was hitting his runs to the outside of the line, where Ball was always going up the middle. With Franklin having some issues at Guard, that may have helped going to the outside, where Ball is a bit too slow to get to the outside.

Yea, i noticed that too. On the sweeps there was openings but Ball was just too slow to get to them and by the time he did the defense was on top of him. Hillman was running and then cut up getting close to 6-7 yd gains. It was a massive difference.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Doesn't Ball just seem awful slow to you? It's agonizing to watch. If anybody would go back and watch the game, you can see how muck quicker Hillman and Thompson were than Ball. It's night and day. Ball is a trudger. He's really slow out of the gate and getting to the LOS. I see people writing that the AZ D was tired when the other two played? I just don't buy that.

BroncoJoe
10-06-2014, 09:59 AM
IIRC, Hillman's first run after Ball left the game was for 10-12 yards between the tackles. Not sure what's up with Ball, but AZ certainly wasn't that tired when Hillman came in. It was our first possession of the 3rd Quarter (I think...).

D1g1tal j1m
10-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I hope Ball's injury isn't a long term issue because he can't afford to lose that 2nd gear because he doesn't have a 3rd or 4th to begin with.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I don't think Ball is overly slow, I just think he's indecisive. To me, he looks like Moreno did early on. Instead of just running to daylight he's hesitating, slowing his feet, and trying to wait for blocks to set up. Hillman is finally using his initial burst to get to the hole quickly before it closes. Ronnie had that one bad run where he did the same thing (in the redzone right before the Manning to JT second TD) where he tried to cut it back and got stuffed. Thompson is big and strong and he knows how to use his mass and runs with attitude. I think the main problem (especially with Ball) is decision making, not ability. Moreno was bad at it early on, so was Hillman. A lot can be said about time in a system and experience. Ball was too good and too productive in college for me to believe that he is just too slow to play RB. I think he'll get better with time, but it might not be this year.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I just posted the following in the gameday thread, but will also put it here:

Every Sunday night, Vic is on All Access, after the news is over. Joel Dressen is on with Vic on Sunday nights to talk about the Broncos' game. Vic ask Joel why the running game got better when Hillman and Thompson were in, and Joel stated they both have a better burst than Ball does.

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Hillman and Thompson weren't dragged down behind the line too much, something we saw a lot with Ball. Most of that has to be on the line, right?, but if that is a continuous trend, maybe it's just that Ball doesn't explode to the line enough.

D1g1tal j1m
10-06-2014, 10:51 AM
The only time Ball has any burst is when he's chewing one of these: 5722

BroncoJoe
10-06-2014, 10:51 AM
We're going to find out over the next couple weeks.

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Ball did have that unreal Badgers line to cover up any lack of burst to the hole. Starting to think this was a draft mistake, but hope Ball is well and proves me wrong. Probably just taking out frustration at lack of ground game on Ball when it's more on guys like JT/Franklin/Clady etc.

GEM
10-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Doesn't Ball just seem awful slow to you? It's agonizing to watch. If anybody would go back and watch the game, you can see how muck quicker Hillman and Thompson were than Ball. It's night and day. Ball is a trudger. He's really slow out of the gate and getting to the LOS. I see people writing that the AZ D was tired when the other two played? I just don't buy that.

He's slow off the jump. Makes it hard to get to the lanes when they've already closed.

weazel
10-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Ball just seems to dance a little too much. He does go straight forward but if the hole isn't there he won't try to change it up and just heads into the pile. He looked so good in college its hard to explain why he has so much trouble

GEM
10-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Last Monday when Dreeson was on the morning show, he said Montee is slow. It's been mentioned by someone who played with him, I'll take his word for it.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Ball did have that unreal Badgers line to cover up any lack of burst to the hole. Starting to think this was a draft mistake, but hope Ball is well and proves me wrong. Probably just taking out frustration at lack of ground game on Ball when it's more on guys like JT/Franklin/Clady etc.

If it is more on guys like JT/Franklin/Clady, etc., why did the running game improve when Hillman, Thompson ran the ball. The same guys were in the game on the OL

BroncoJoe
10-06-2014, 11:15 AM
If it is more on guys like JT/Franklin/Clady, etc., why did the running game improve when Hillman, Thompson ran the ball. The same guys were in the game on the OL

Give him the business, Carol!!

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 11:16 AM
You can be a great college player and not adjust to the next level. We see it all the time with different positions. RB is a position where you can come in and contribute right away and start playing. He could very well be one of those players that don't adjust. Defenses are really quick in the NFL compared to college. It's a different game. Ball didn't need the skills as much in college as he does today in the NFL. He has to be quicker, he has to have great vision and make more adjustments. I just don't think he gets it yet. But his style and what he's doing isn't going to help him if he doesn't change something.

silkamilkamonico
10-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Can a 2nd round pick be considered a "bust"? Just curious.

GEM
10-06-2014, 11:23 AM
You can when Lacy was taken right after Ball. :mad: Still pissed.

underrated29
10-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Wait a minute. wait a minute. Now you are all talking up hillman. Ronnie Hillman?

Oh man how quickly we forget. Since ball is out I hope he was the problem and not the line, but I doubt it. HIGHLY doubt it. I sadly will wait to see the replies or excuses made for hillman are next week.

(My money says CJ has a better day then hillman) But our run game as a whole still sucks until we fix the LG issue.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 11:25 AM

Me too. I was wanting Lacy to fall into our laps and he did. Then they made the announcement and I wasn't very thrilled.

GEM
10-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Wait a minute. wait a minute. Now you are all talking up hillman. Ronnie Hillman?

Oh man how quickly we forget. Since ball is out I hope he was the problem and not the line, but I doubt it. HIGHLY doubt it. I sadly will wait to see the replies or excuses made for hillman are next week.

(My money says CJ has a better day then hillman) But our run game as a whole still sucks until we fix the LG issue.

I think we're talking up a non-existent run game vs. an existent run game moreso than talking up Hillman.

BroncoJoe
10-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Me too. I was wanting Lacy to fall into our laps and he did. Then they made the announcement and I wasn't very thrilled.

AS upset as the Cutler pick? HA! Remember that? I wish I would have saved your texts. They were classic.

GEM
10-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I actually think a combo of Anderson/Thompson would be more effective with Hillman being a change of pace.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Jets are a pretty good run stopping team. I don't expect a huge running game next week. But, if Hillman or whoever can get 2 yards a carry, it's better than Balls 1 or negative yards.

slim
10-06-2014, 11:29 AM

I have no faith in Hillman as a primary back, but I want to see what Thompson can do.

Northman
10-06-2014, 11:30 AM
. I see people writing that the AZ D was tired when the other two played? I just don't buy that.

Me either.

And the reason is quite simple. Its hard to imagine that when you first replace the prior back and all of a sudden crack a 6 yd gain that the opposing D all of sudden was gassed. The other thing is, despite the success that Hillman and Thompson had there were still times the Cardinal defense stopped them for short to no gains. So this myth that the Cards D was gassed is strictly that. A myth. Some people just dont want to accept that Ball wasnt having any success and was too slow to get up the field. I hope Ball is ok and will welcome him back with no problem but we just need to call it what it was and not make excuses elsewhere. Early on Moreno had his own issues and by the time he left he had fixed a lot of that so im not giving up on Ball but do think the team needs to try other avenues (other backs) in the meantime to try and get the running game kickstarted. As coaches you need to do what is best for the team and not the individual player.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Just across the wire: Broncos expect the injury to Ball to be "Major".

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 11:36 AM

Oh snap. Got me Carol. Here's the box score stuff to prove Carol's point.

Ball 6 rushes 7 yards.

Others - 20 rushes 87 yards.

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 11:40 AM
I have no faith in Hillman as a primary back, but I want to see what Thompson can do.

Next man up. I have complete faith in Hillman until he squirts out pigskin sadness. Have you seen his swag lately? Seriously, he's like Welker as a RB, all anger and energy on the field bottled in a 135 pound package. I mean, as long as he keeps winning his NFL version of Frogger, he can execute.

Northman
10-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh snap. Got me Carol. Here's the box score stuff to prove Carol's point.

Ball 6 rushes 7 yards.

Others - 20 rushes 87 yards.

It was the offensive line!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

signed,
Underrated

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
It's going to happen, too, he's going to fumble. At some point. Marshawn fumbles. Just not too often. I looked at the frequency once, and as long as he can grind out 50-90 carries without a fumble, he's fine.

2012 - 2 fumbles in 94 touches
2013 - 2 fumbles in 67 touches
2014 - 0 fumbles in 18 touches

If he can string together 3 more games of starter-like production without coughing up the ball, I'll be on board with the Ronnie plan.

But yeah I really want to see a healthy dose of Siege Rhino Thompson, just hope he masters all the little things that earn the trust of Manning and Gase.

pnbronco
10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
I just posted the following in the gameday thread, but will also put it here:

Every Sunday night, Vic is on All Access, after the news is over. Joel Dressen is on with Vic on Sunday nights to talk about the Broncos' game. Vic ask Joel why the running game got better when Hillman and Thompson were in, and Joel stated they both have a better burst than Ball does.

Thanks Carol. That's what it felt like watching the game. I was talking to hubby last night after the game. Hillman was nice after the game. It's the first time since he's been here that I've seen him the personal with fans. I feel like maybe the kid is growing up and seeing that it's doesn't matter where you were drafted, you have to take advantage of your opportunities and be grateful when you get them.

It was nice to see Thompson out there too. He made a great block on one of the plays....seems to have a better feel for it than Bell and I really like Bell.

Traveler
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Thompson will be our primary back by Week 7 and bring some balance to the office. Book it!

CoachChaz
10-06-2014, 12:32 PM
So...when Gurley is off the board when we pick, who do we like the best?

Gordon? Davis? Yeldon?

MasterShake
10-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Well I was rooting for Montee but he has showed little promise. He just kept dancing behind the line and never showed any decisive bursts. He may lose his job to injury if the others can step up.

MOtorboat
10-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Gordon? Davis? Yeldon?

A left guard so we can move Franklin back to RT.

CoachChaz
10-06-2014, 12:37 PM
A left guard so we can move Franklin back to RT.

I agree. Unfortunately, I dont see one that warrants a first round pick. Maybe AJ Cann. Get the premier back in the first and the guard in the 2nd

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2014, 01:05 PM
from article:

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Broncos expect Montee Ball to miss time with a major groin injury suffered in Sunday's win over the Arizona Cardinals, per a team source.

Translation: Ball won't be back any time soon.

In his absence, Ronnie Hillman steps into the lead role ahead of undrafted rookie Juwan Thompson and second-year runner C.J. Anderson. Hillman looked better on Sunday than Ball has at any time all season, racking up 64 yards at 4.3 yards per carry.

"When (Hillman) has the ball in his hands, he can make the one cut and burst for that 12- or 15-yard gain," quarterback Peyton Manning said after the win, per The Denver Post. "It's just a matter of Ronnie being consistent."

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000406575/article/broncos-bracing-for-major-groin-injury-to-montee-ball

VonDoom
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM

Gordon? Davis? Yeldon?

I barely watch college football, so I'll defer to you experts. I hear that Gurley is a tremendous talent. I believe that two years in a row, a RB was not taken in the first round of the draft. Does he buck the trend this year?

silkamilkamonico
10-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Since 2009, Denver has chosen a RB with one of their first 3 picks three times.

Denver better NOT choose a RB in the first 3 rounds again. I honestly just feel we don't have anyone in management that has a good eye for talent in the RB position right now.

Shore up the oline.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 01:22 PM
AS upset as the Cutler pick? HA! Remember that? I wish I would have saved your texts. They were classic.

I got killed over the Cutler pick. I was adamant he wasn't going to do anything special. I got ripped. I remember. I just smile now. And I can say to a lot of people (Scar) told you so!!!

weazel
Thompson will be our primary back by Week 7 and bring some balance to the office. Book it!

I hope you're right, but I high fived your post for the avatar.

BroncoNut
Ball just seems to dance a little too much. He does go straight forward but if the hole isn't there he won't try to change it up and just heads into the pile. He looked so good in college its hard to explain why he has so much trouble

Montee Ball is Ron Dayne part 2. eff the badger football program (unless you're a seahawk fan)

BroncoNut
10-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Next man up. I have complete faith in Hillman until he squirts out pigskin sadness. Have you seen his swag lately? Seriously, he's like Welker as a RB, all anger and energy on the field bottled in a 135 pound package. I mean, as long as he keeps winning his NFL version of Frogger, he can execute.

hilariouis post. yeah, he looked good overall yesterday. if he can hang onto the football I'm not sure I'd discount him. we'll see.

CoachChaz
10-06-2014, 01:41 PM

Denver better NOT choose a RB in the first 3 rounds again. I honestly just feel we don't have anyone in management that has a good eye for talent in the RB position right now.

Shore up the oline.

Do it until you get it right.

We can still fix the OL in the next few rounds.

silkamilkamonico
10-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Do it until you get it right.

We can still fix the OL in the next few rounds.

I'm just not confident that whoever makes those decisions will get it right. I could easily see them drafting another failing back that will compete with our undrafted players for the role and not stand out.

CoachChaz
10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm just not confident that whoever makes those decisions will get it right. I could easily see them drafting another failing back that will compete with our undrafted players for the role and not stand out.

I get it...but at some point, we have to hope they get it right. They dont seem to give the UDFA's enough time to prove themselves and the 2nd rounders have proven to be mediocre at best.

tomjonesrocks
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Me either. And the reason is quite simple. Its hard to imagine that when you first replace the prior back and all of a sudden crack a 6 yd gain that the opposing D all of sudden was gassed. The other thing is, despite the success that Hillman and Thompson had there were still times the Cardinal defense stopped them for short to no gains. So this myth that the Cards D was gassed is strictly that. A myth. Some people just dont want to accept that Ball wasnt having any success and was too slow to get up the field. I hope Ball is ok and will welcome him back with no problem but we just need to call it what it was and not make excuses elsewhere. Early on Moreno had his own issues and by the time he left he had fixed a lot of that so im not giving up on Ball but do think the team needs to try other avenues (other backs) in the meantime to try and get the running game kickstarted. As coaches you need to do what is best for the team and not the individual player.

Does every back we take need to flounder 3 years or more before figuring it out?

pulse
10-06-2014, 02:57 PM

Shore up the oline.

Unless you have a shot at drafting Todd Gurley, then I partly agree. After him there will be a huge drop-off; however, I wouldn't object to a late third round selection if the grade warrants it. Otherwise, I don't really see anyone coming out in 2015 that will be worth a first or second round pick. And as for Gurley, only the worst teams this year are going to have any real shot at that beast.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Unless you have a shot at drafting Todd Gurley, then I partly agree. After him there will be a huge drop-off; however, I wouldn't object to a late third round selection if the grade warrants it. Otherwise, I don't really see anyone coming out in 2015 that will be worth a first or second round pick. And as for Gurley, only the worst teams this year are going to have any real shot at that beast.

He'll go to the Raiders and his career will be destroyed...

Northman
10-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Does every back we take need to flounder 3 years or more before figuring it out?

No, but for whatever reason the backs we choose take more time than others. It is what it is i guess.

BroncoWave
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Taking a RB in round 1 is a wasted pick. There is a reason almost no one does it anymore.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Taking a RB in round 1 is a wasted pick. There is a reason almost no one does it anymore.

Take a look at these RB's drafted in 2013. Horrible RB draft.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/articles/view/rookie-seasons-of-running-backs-drafted-in-2013

CoachChaz
10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
A lot of this has to do with the systems that colleges are running lately, in combination with the systems that NFL teams are running. The RB just isnt a priority position anymore. But...if you want one that is decent and will be a bonus to your team...you're going to have to rely on something more than UDFA's and 2nd round scat backs.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Just reported Balls expected to miss 2 weeks. That's not a major injury to me.

VonDoom
10-06-2014, 03:54 PM

Yeah, "major" is like most or all of the season. Anyway, Legwold says:

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos HC John Fox said Montee Ball has "groin strain.'' Ball not expected to practice this week and could miss as many as 3 weeks.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 7m7 minutes ago

Starting w/Jets game Sunday, #Broncos will play three games in 12 days, so even if Ball misses less than three wks, still could miss 3 games

DenBronx
10-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Same here. I think Lacy would have been a much better pick. However, he hasn't looked all that great this year....but I think that's going to change.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 37m

Strained groin on Montee Ball. Again, will miss some games but no surgery

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 37m

Montee Ball doesn't need surgery but will miss several weeks.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 3m

Montee Ball went through appendectomy, strained groin: "It's been a rough couple of months.But I'm going to stay strong mentally."

tomjonesrocks
10-06-2014, 05:23 PM

They must have thought it was torn. That 3.1 average YPC will be available at NE in that case, and maybe even vs SD.

Those coaches better start game planning now if they hope to contain that type of production...

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I thought maybe he'd get a bionic groin installed and come back a new man.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I thought maybe he'd get a bionic groin installed and come back a new man.

How about some bionic legs.

Elevation inc
10-06-2014, 06:55 PM
he has been running like crap...saw more from Hillman and Thompson against a 4th ranked run defense to give me hope next week, only problem is Hillman and whether or not he solved his fumbling woes. He looked good yesterday though. Good news is the Jets DB's suck so we probably wont need a run defense.

Traveler
10-07-2014, 07:52 AM
No, but for whatever reason the backs we choose take more time than others. It is what it is i guess.

No worry! Our RB of the future is already on the roster. :woot: Last name is Thompson.

BroncoNut
10-07-2014, 08:51 AM

a couple runs and a score. yep he's the answer

BroncoNut
10-07-2014, 08:52 AM

yeah, but you have a groin of steel

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 09:13 AM
yeah, but you have a groin of steel

I've never hurt mine. Sounds painful. I wonder if you can still "do it" with that injury.

BroncoNut
10-07-2014, 09:16 AM
I've never hurt mine. Sounds painful. I wonder if you can still "do it" with that injury.

I don't know if I have or not. sounds like it's a nagging injury though, hangs around for a while. I'm not to up on my anatomy, but I think it might be a connective tissue type of injury. (cue Rex to chime in/show off)

No pun(s) intended anywhere here btw.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 09:17 AM
I don't know if I have or not. sounds like it's a nagging injury though, hangs around for a while. I'm not to up on my anatomy, but I think it might be a connective tissue type of injury. (cue Rex to chime in/show off)

No pun(s) intended anywhere here btw.

I may go and try to hurt mine and see what happens.

Traveler
10-07-2014, 10:21 AM
a couple runs and a score. yep he's the answer

Have a little faith my friend.

Hawgdriver
10-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Have a little faith my friend.

AGap doesn't want faith any more, that's his new thing.

Traveler
10-07-2014, 10:34 AM

You really don't want to do that. I had a very similar groin injury when I ran track in my younger days. My cleat got stuck in the track as I was rounding a curve. Luckily, I didn't tear the muscle from the bone, but it was damn close. My right leg was uncontrollably convulsing and didn't stop till I got to the hospital. Nagging pain doesn't even come close to describing what it feels like. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but I never ever want to feel that type of pain again!

To answer another question, yes, you can do "it", but you won't really enjoy "it". Can't "move" like you usually do. :lol:

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 10:35 AM
You really don't want to do that. I had a very similar groin injury when I ran track in my younger days. My cleat got stuck in the track as I was rounding a curve. Luckily, I didn't tear the muscle from the bone, but it was damn close. My right leg was uncontrollably convulsing and didn't stop till I got to the hospital. Nagging pain doesn't even come close to describing what it feels like. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but I never ever want to feel that type of pain again!

To answer another question, yes, you can do "it", but you won't really enjoy "it". Can't "move" like you usually do. :lol:

I'll take your word!! lol..

VonDoom
10-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Broncos apparently worked out a few RB's today. Per Klis, he's not sure if they'll actually sign anyone. I wouldn't - let's see what we have with these three, and bring up Bibbs if needed:

In light of the injury to running back Montee Ball, the Broncos are working out several running backs at their Dove Valley Headquarters Tuesday.

There are some veterans in the group, including former Detroit second-round draft pick Mikel LeShoure. LeShoure, 24, rushed for 807 yards and nine touchdowns in three seasons with the Lions. He was released on Aug. 30.

The rest: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26679038/broncos-working-out-several-running-backs-after-injury?source=infinite

Dzone
10-07-2014, 03:26 PM
I tore my groin one time. The gracilis/adductor tendon attachment on the pubic bone. I shit you not, it severely bruised up into my abdomen and down the inside of my thigh, the blood pooled in my groin, and this is the truth-My caucasian wanker and nuts went completely black . I swear. My wifes only time ever with BBC..couldnt walk for several days. Even went to the emergency room. Torn groin is serious business.

BroncoNut
10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
I tore my groin one time. The gracilis/adductor tendon attachment on the pubic bone. I shit you not, it severely bruised up into my abdomen and down the inside of my thigh, the blood pooled in my groin, and this is the truth-My caucasian wanker and nuts went completely black . I swear. My wifes only time ever with BBC..couldnt walk for several days. Even went to the emergency room. Torn groin is serious business.

I thought it was, and that it was connective tissue. seemed like it took more than a couple weeks to recover. man, that sound brutal. football related?

Dzone
10-07-2014, 11:33 PM
I thought it was, and that it was connective tissue. seemed like it took more than a couple weeks to recover. man, that sound brutal. football related?
Not football. I was ******* around lol
Theres a lot of muscles attached to the pubic bone. It will **** you up

NightTerror218
10-08-2014, 12:50 PM

Anderson does not play ST like Juwan.

BroncoNut
10-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Not football. I was ******* around lol
Theres a lot of muscles attached to the pubic bone. It will **** you up
were you ******* the neighbors cat or what? I took a spill on my bike last Saturday, pulled that inner thigh muscle, kinda reached toward the groin area, not sure it it's part of the hamstring or what. anyway. I was able to run on it. a couple days ago, no prob.

Cugel
10-08-2014, 01:13 PM

The answer to that question is "no." You can't do it with that injury. At least not without sucking up the pain. I'm not tough enough to be able to do that. Not even with a modest strain. "Ow" and "Ow" just walking around. I'm really a wus when it comes to pain like that.

Gimpygod
10-09-2014, 03:27 PM

that way you could go to the bar and say, " Ladies I would fulfill your every fantasy, show you fireworks and do stuff that makes 50 Shades of Grey look like a Nancy Drew mystery... if not for this damnable lingering groin injury!" Then squirt a single tear down your cheek just as the native American did in those old commercials. :D

weazel
10-09-2014, 03:29 PM
How about some bionic legs.

Magic legs
http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/image-files/forrest-gump-quotes-26.jpg

weazel
10-09-2014, 03:33 PM

I hurt mine in August and it still freaking hurts if I even move the wrong way. Can still "do it" though... I think I could still do it if someone was stabbing me in the back