PDA

View Full Version : Welker sets record with most career receptions as an undrafted player

Denver Native (Carol)
10-05-2014, 08:23 PM
from article:

"I mean just really being in the same sentence as Rod Smith is something that I never dreamed," Welker said. "So I’m definitely honored just to be mentioned in the same breath as him."

The respect went both ways as Smith holds Welker in high regard, as well.

"I'm so glad [Welker] broke that record in the orange and blue," Smith said. "It just shows that anybody can go out there with big heart, big determination and big guts and play this game at a high level."

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Welker-sets-record-with-most-career-receptions-as-an-undrafted-player/40065ead-9175-46cc-9a96-f810ba04cc80

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Awesome.

Both Broncos (at some point) too.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
So Sharpe and Rod both saw records fall today. And Manning, incredibly, set his career high in passing yards, as well as hitting 500. Quite a record-setting day.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I think it sucks.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I think it sucks.

Pretty much every record gets broken eventually. I'd rather they be broken by fellow broncos.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Pretty much every record gets broken eventually. I'd rather they be broken by fellow broncos.

Yeah but Rod Smith was never a Patriot, and as such he'll be watching Welker's acceptance speech from the outside looking in.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Yeah but Rod Smith was never a Patriot, and as such he'll be watching Welker's acceptance speech from the outside looking in.

I always liked Welker even as a pat though, because he liked to thumb his nose at BB and the "patriot way".

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I always liked Welker even as a pat though, because he liked to thumb his nose at BB and the "patriot way".

Good point, agreed, I'm just saying it sucks another undrafted player broke a record that will likely put him in the HoF while the better player waits and watches.