PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad: Week 5

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Lots more in the good column in the bad column this week. Fun, fun game to watch.

Good:

Manning. He was a little shaky at times today, off on a few throws, but when you have your career high in passing yards with the career he's had, it was a damn good day. Oh yeah, and 4 TDs.

Hillman/Thompson. Great job by both of them today. Showing that our poor running game wasn't all the o-line's fault. More on that later.

DT. Oh my god. What a beastly effort. What more can be said about him. Single game receiving record for the Broncos. He is back.

JT. Another solid game by him. He is the best TE in the NFL now.

Sanders. Kind of a quiet 100 yards today, but man he is solid. Such and explosive player and I love his attitude.

Von Miller. He is definitely back to 100% now. Love seeing him get after the QB. Stanton will have nighmares about him.

Harris. Oh man, what a good game by him. Sucks that he couldn't hold onto a pick, because he deserved 2 or 3.

Coaching. I have to put them in the positive column for once. We kept our foot on the gas the entire second half instead of going into a shell and playing Foxball. We also FINALLY abandoned our attempts to establish a run game early, and instead allowed the passing game to set up the run game later. Del Rio also dialed up more pressure than usual, and had fewer three man rushes. I loved the coaching today.

Bad:

Ball. As I said earlier, it's pretty clear that the o-line wasn't soley at fault for the bad running this year. Sucks that he got hurt, but it may be good for us as Hillman and Thompson earned themselves more carries for the future.

Talib. He was pretty shaky today. Would like to see a bit more consistency from him.

Franklin. The move to G is not working out all that great for him. Might be time to reconsider some things there.

That's really all I got for bad, great game all around. I will add a new category for today though...

TBD:

McManus. Was nice to see him hit that long kick early, but then he got really shaky after that. I love his booming kickoffs, but I really hope we don't have a game come down to a long kick.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I'd put Ward in the good column too. Not always talked about but consistently all over the place once again today.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
I'd put Ward in the good column too. Not always talked about but consistently all over the place once again today.

Good point. Ward had been awesome this year. Not sure which pickup I like better, Ward or Sanders. They are both difference makers.

underrated29
10-05-2014, 06:43 PM
He run game only started working and barely working when it worked, after the cards defense had to see the field after 10 3 and outs in a row. They were gassed. That said it looked better.

I'd add the entire Dl to the list. They owned the run and forced tons of pressures and holds (many not called)

Tebowtime2011
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
How did Danny trevathan perform in his first game back?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Good point. Ward had been awesome this year. Not sure which pickup I like better, Ward or Sanders. They are both difference makers.

I wasn't sold on Sanders at first but the guy is serving me heapings of crow over and over. Been a god send. Reliable as heck and possesses that vertical speed that we were missing in Decker. And calls for a lot less PI flags :lol:

JPPT1974
10-05-2014, 06:45 PM
McManus will learn how to make long kicks and be clutch. Hopefully!

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 06:53 PM
How did Danny trevathan perform in his first game back?

He made some solid plays. Good to have him back.

atwater27
10-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Happy with the win, but one thing bugs me. The Cards receivers dropped like 10 passes and were mostly wide open when they dropped them. I am concerned about how wide open receivers are getting on our defense.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I'd put NFL officiating in the bad column.

VonDoom
10-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Pretty spot on, Wave. I forgot to mention Harris in my list of things in the game thread, but he was a boss for sure. Ward as well. He was always around the ball in the run game and he got in a few nice QB shots.

Happy with the win, but one thing bugs me. The Cards receivers dropped like 10 passes and were mostly wide open when they dropped them. I am concerned about how wide open receivers are getting on our defense.

I agree that this is a concern. I'm not sure if it's a long term issue or what, but guys were way too open. I think Talib just had a bad game, which didn't help things.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I'd put NFL officiating in the bad column.

Huh, the refs didn't really stick out to me in this game. The announcers said this crew has thrown the least amount of flags in the NFL this season, and it seemed true today. I don't remember too many flags being thrown.

GEM
10-05-2014, 07:50 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on Sanders TD that they took away? At the game it looked like a TD.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:51 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on Sanders TD that they took away? At the game it looked like a TD.

Replay showed he was clearly touched down. It was damn close though. Took a freeze frame to prove for sure, but it was the right call.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 07:51 PM

Fox had a pretty definitive still from video that showed his knee on the ground with the defenders hand on his back.

Slick
10-05-2014, 07:52 PM

It was the right call. They blew the sack/fumble imo. I thought they were supposed to let the play, play out.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Fox had a pretty definitive still from video that showed his knee on the ground with the defenders hand on his back.

That post really confused me for a second until I realized you meant Fox the network.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Huh, the refs didn't really stick out to me in this game. The announcers said this crew has thrown the least amount of flags in the NFL this season, and it seemed true today. I don't remember too many flags being thrown.

Both offensive PI's were bullshit, unless the "Cut off" PI against Harris in week 1 was bullshit (this gets my vote), they ****** up the sack fumble and ignored simple little things like holding and 12 Men in Formation on defense.

It's more of a Lifetime Achievement Award but today wasn't much better.

broncosinindy
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Welker had a couple nice catches.

Pass protection specifically Chris Clark WaS good.

Loved to see hilman try and run with some attitude. I have to think Holman and Thompson deserved to get more carries going forward

Derrick Wolfe is struggling getting penetration. Might wanna rotate in Austin for a few third downs.

I won't get to far into my criticisms.

Ravage!!!
10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
It was the right call. They blew the sack/fumble imo. I thought they were supposed to let the play, play out.

It was a "forward Progress" whistle. Especially with QBs, they blow that quick so that you can't just stand him up, and then try to strip. Because they blew the whistle forward progress, it can't be reviewed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Julius Thomas is not even close to being the best TE in football. He might be the worst blocking TE I have ever seen. Graham and Gates are both better receivers too.

Slick
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
It was a "forward Progress" whistle. Especially with QBs, they blow that quick so that you can't just stand him up, and then try to strip. Because they blew the whistle forward progress, it can't be reviewed.

I know why they blew the whistle, I just didn't agree. If anything dude was stepping out of the sack until the second bronco got there and cleaned it up, causing the fumble. That's the way I saw it at the time.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Julius Thomas is not even close to being the best TE in football. He might be the worst blocking TE I have ever seen. Graham and Gates are both better receivers too.

Actually, I think JT is getting worse at blocking.

NightTerror218
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM

Gates use to be better. He rarely has big games any more. JT has been consistent all season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Actually, I think JT is getting worse at blocking.

He looks like he wants no part of contact. There are times where it looks like he patty cakes guys while they run free to the backfield. I'm tired of it. There was one point today I was hoping they would bench him.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
He looks like he wants no part of contact. There are times where it looks like he patty cakes guys while they run free to the backfield. I'm tired of it. There was one point today I was hoping they would bench him.

LOL, seriously? He's one of the best receiving weapons in the NFL. You don't bench him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Gates use to be better. He rarely has big games any more. JT has been consistent all season.

I agree, he has consistently been a horrible blocker.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:13 PM
I agree, he has consistently been a horrible blocker.

He's also consistently leading the NFL in TD catches right now. But yeah, bench that bum!

BroncoJoe
10-05-2014, 09:13 PM
LOL, seriously? He's one of the best receiving weapons in the NFL. You don't bench him.

I'll take his lack of good blocking for his catching threat any day of the week.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Yes, seriously....we would have had no problem winning without him today.
It would have been the perfect game to stress to him he is hurting the running game.

He's earned the nickname "Ole".

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I'll take his lack of good blocking for his catching threat any day of the week.

I dunno, when you have a guy who is leading the NFL in TD catches, that's probably not a guy you want on the field consistently.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:15 PM
It would have been the perfect game to stress to him he is hurting the running game.

His good far outweighs his bad.

BroncoJoe
10-05-2014, 09:15 PM

You normally have pretty good takes. Did someone hack your account? You're being really silly here.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:16 PM
He's also consistently leading the NFL in TD catches right now. But yeah, bench that bum!

I'm not saying we should bench him for the rest of the year. I'm suggesting someone on the coaching staff needs to make a point with him. Sitting him for one half would do that.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 09:17 PM

He's not even close to being the best all around TE. However, when he isn't needed to block, he's a beast. You have to especially play him in the Red Zone. He'll learn to block. Remember, he's an ex basketball player. And he doesn't have to be as good as or better than Graham and Gates. Why does he have to be compared to anybody. Just catch TD passes when your number is called. Everything else will fall into place. He's ok!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:18 PM
His good far outweighs his bad.

I agree, but that doesn't mean he should get a pass in the running game. The poor effort is getting old.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm not saying we should bench him for the rest of the year. I'm suggesting someone on the coaching staff needs to make a point with him. Sitting him for one half would do that.

Tons of good receiving TEs can't block. Jimmy Graham for example. I just don't see a good reason to take him off the field for any extended period of time.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I agree, but that doesn't mean he should get a pass in the running game. The poor effort is getting old.

How do you know he isn't trying?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Tons of good receiving TEs can't block. Jimmy Graham for example. I just don't see a good reason to take him off the field for any extended period of time.

I'm talking about one half of a game we would have won without him; even just one quarter....something to get his attention.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:25 PM
How do you know he isn't trying?

What reason do we have to believe he is?

Yes, there have been a lot of TE's who weren't initially good at blocking...Gates, Sharpe, Graham, but they improved. He's in his 4th year. Is it too much to expect some improvement?

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM
This is only his second real year. And it's only the third year he has ever played tackle football. Now that he has pretty much mastered the craft of receiving, I'm sure the blocking will come.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM

Yes, there have been a lot of TE's who weren't initially good at blocking...Gates, Sharpe, Graham, but they improved. He's in his 4th year. Is it too much to expect some improvement?

Your evidence?

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 09:30 PM

He didn't see the field his first two years. He has one year of playing consistently. That was last year and he's 4 games in to this season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Your evidence?

If you haven't seen crappy blocking from JT I can't help you.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:31 PM

I think he is asking for your evidence that he isn't trying.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 09:33 PM

You said he wasn't giving effort. Your evidence?

You also said you want to bench a guy who's scored 15 touchdowns in 15 games. I'm not a genius, but that doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 09:33 PM
As long as JT is scoring and catching balls his tackling issues will be overlooked a bit here and there for right now. It's not as big as an issue as being discussed here. If he wasn't scoring TD's and catching balls then it might be. Dude is an ex basketball player. They didn't tackle during games. It'll come.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:50 PM
You said he wasn't giving effort. Your evidence?

You also said you want to bench a guy who's scored 15 touchdowns in 15 games. I'm not a genius, but that doesn't sound like a very good idea.

When he gives his assignment a free release it looks like poor effort. I don't care if people disagree with my assessment of his blocking; I'm not the only one who has pointed it out.

Yes, benching him sounds bad when you take it out of the context of what I'm saying. Benching him for one half or one quarter in a game we have control over might actually make a point with the kid.

Tebowtime2011
10-05-2014, 09:52 PM

I'm talking about one half of a game we would have won without him; even just one quarter....something to get his attention. This isn't high school or even college football, these are grown men they don't need timeouts. If this was high school football I would agree that is what you should do.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 09:54 PM
This isn't high school or even college football, these are grown men they don't need timeouts. If this was high school football I would agree that is what you should do.

It happens in the NFL all the time with guys who consistently blow their assignments.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 09:55 PM
It happens in the NFL all the time with guys who consistently blow their assignments.

But not with pro bowl talents.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 10:00 PM
But not with pro bowl talents.

Tell that to Nate Solder.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 10:05 PM
You never bench a player like JT, to prove a point or otherwise, but he should be getting better but he's getting worse. It's not like he doesnt have the size or athleticism and we've seen him do much better.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Tell that to Nate Solder.

And tell me how well BB's player management has been working out for him lately...

Simple Jaded
10-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I wish the Broncos still had Russ Hochstein, they could trade him for Nate Solder.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Cardinals aren't very happy with JT right now, lol.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
And tell me how well BB's player management has been working out for him lately...

Judging by the score of tonight's game I would say he did something right this last week.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Judging by the score of tonight's game I would say he did something right this last week.

I'm talking big picture. He chased Welker off and apparently has Brady pretty pissed.

NightTerror218
10-05-2014, 11:25 PM
You don't bench a pro bowler as a "punishment" for missing a block. You make it an emphasis at practice. I saw him blocking a few times today. Not pretty and made his blocks a couple times. But being able to chip block and release for a short pass works well for him.

I Eat Staples
10-05-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't think there's any coach in the NFL that would rather have a good blocking TE than a TE with the receiving ability of Julius Thomas. The dude is a weapon, and no matter how bad his blocking is he more than makes up for it by being one of the biggest matchup problems in the NFL.

Also Gates is not better than Julius, not even close in my opinion.

DenBronx
10-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Running game looked better without Ball. Not sure if that's a good thing.

EastCoastBronco
10-06-2014, 07:02 AM
It looked better for a couple of reasons:

1) Hillman was hitting holes quicker than Ball.
2) Arizona's D was worn out by the time Hillman got in there.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 08:56 AM
It looked better for a couple of reasons:

1) Hillman was hitting holes quicker than Ball.
2) Arizona's D was worn out by the time Hillman got in there.

No#1 is true and add he recognized where the hole/seam was and had a burst to get there. This other fella we speak of has no burst or explosion and waddles to the LOS like a turtle.
No#2 is False, refer to No#1

OrangeHoof
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I must be jaded. After the first drive, I thought the offense had a frustrating day, then I find out Manning and the receivers are setting all these records and I think "imagine what they could do on a good day?"

Joel
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
If he's just a 6'5" 250 lb. WR like he wanted to be in college, maybe we should stop pretending he's a TE: Tight ends BLOCK, even if it's just getting in the way for a second or two because they're mainly (but NOT SOLELY) receivers. A home win where DT, Sanders and Welker are carrying the load is a good place to send a message (especially after a play that injures an opponent and replaces DTs 70+ yd TD catch into 3rd and long and a PUNT.) I don't expect anything like that from Coach Not Too Shabby though; Manning screams at offensive slackers (a lot) more than their head coach does.

TXBRONC
10-06-2014, 09:17 AM

It's not always it's refs throwing flags but sometimes it's flags they don't throw. There were a couple of times that could be argued they could have thrown a flag. The two that come to mind for me. One was when Stanton threw the ball away and it looked like wasn't outside the tackle box. The other was when the quarterback was stripped of the ball. Even those are considered blown calls they still did a pretty good job.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think there's any coach in the NFL that would rather have a good blocking TE than a TE with the receiving ability of Julius Thomas. The dude is a weapon, and no matter how bad his blocking is he more than makes up for it by being one of the biggest matchup problems in the NFL.

Also Gates is not better than Julius, not even close in my opinion.

I'm not saying I want to trade him, or anything like that. I think you guys are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. I like the kid, and think he's a rare receiving talent. Maybe I'm being too harsh; I don't know.

I'm just tired of our running game stinking, and I think he's one of the three major contributors to the problem.

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm not saying I want to trade him, or anything like that. I think you guys are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. I like the kid, and think he's a rare receiving talent. Maybe I'm being too harsh; I don't know.

I'm just tired of our running game stinking, and I think he's one of the three major contributors to the problem.

Dude, Ball is the main reason for our putrid running game. Throw some on the O line, but mostly on Ball. Do not, do not blame our run game on Julius Thomas. Not even a small part of it. Ball has no burst, he has no explosion, he just don't get there quick enough and he can't even make a move to the outside if things are bottled up. He has really poor vision in my opinion.

slim
10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Dude, Ball is the main reason for our putrid running game. Throw some on the O line, but mostly on Ball. Do not, do not blame our run game on Julius Thomas. Not even a small part of it. Ball has no burst, he has no explosion, he just don't get there quick enough and he can't even make a move to the outside if things are bottled up. He has really poor vision in my opinion.

I really didn't want to believe this, but the proof is in the pudding.

GEM
10-06-2014, 11:21 AM
It's not always it's refs throwing flags but sometimes it's flags they don't throw. There were a couple of times that could be argued they could have thrown a flag. The two that come to mind for me. One was when Stanton threw the ball away and it looked like wasn't outside the tackle box. The other was when the quarterback was stripped of the ball. Even those are considered blown calls they still did a pretty good job.

That was a horrible non-call. He was in the tackle box and didn't get it out of bounds and there was no one around. :rolleyes:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2014, 11:32 AM

I don't know if that's fair. I think there's a lot going on there. I think the scheme is a big part of the problem too.

I've agreed with a lot of what you have said in this thread, but I don't agree with not blaming JT for his part in the running game. He consistently misses his assignment in the running game.....but like I said, I think he's one of several fundamental problems, of which Ball is the least concerning.

BroncoNut
10-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I really didn't want to believe this, but the proof is in the pudding.

that qb fumble was a good no call. play was whistled dead. (which means the play is over as far as I know). anyone whining about that is a homo

slim
10-06-2014, 11:37 AM
that qb fumble was a good no call. play was whistled dead. (which means the play is over as far as I know). anyone whining about that is a homo

It was bullshit, Nut. But I think you already know that.

Hawgdriver
10-06-2014, 12:10 PM
The defense held AZ to 210 yards or so. Take away that 81 yard reception, that's 130 yards of offense. Yeah, that play actually happened, so whatever, but that's a dominant defense. Even if it is against a 3d string QB. After all, Von created that situation, so give them credit.

slim
10-06-2014, 12:31 PM
The defense held AZ to 210 yards or so. Take away that 81 yard reception, that's 130 yards of offense. Yeah, that play actually happened, so whatever, but that's a dominant defense. Even if it is against a 3d string QB. After all, Von created that situation, so give them credit.

I thought it was a dominate performance. Sure they gave up the one fluke TD pass, but outside of that AZ couldn't do anything.

BroncoNut
10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
It was bullshit, Nut. But I think you already know that.

ok, are you kidding around? I'm not, plays whistled dead, the play is over. please explain yourself if you're serious

tripp
10-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Was at the game on Sunday, I thought it was a close game up until the 4th quarter. Mind you I didn't even know Julius Thomas chop blocked Campbell and I didn't even realize Stanton had a concussion LOL.

Defensively we looked good. But what was Manning thinking on that INT to Campbell? I just happened to walk by Lerentee McCray as he was signing autographs and got my new hat signed by him haha.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Was at the game on Sunday, I thought it was a close game up until the 4th quarter. Mind you I didn't even know Julius Thomas chop blocked Campbell and I didn't even realize Stanton had a concussion LOL.

Defensively we looked good. But what was Manning thinking on that INT to Campbell? I just happened to walk by Lerentee McCray as he was signing autographs and got my new hat signed by him haha.

Campbell just made a great play. The OT gave him a free release to set up the screen. Manning was expecting Campbell to be charging at him, instead he sniffed the screen out, stepped back and picked it off.

BroncoWave
10-07-2014, 04:08 PM

Campbell just made a great play. The OT gave him a free release to set up the screen. Manning was expecting Campbell to be charging at him, instead he sniffed the screen out, stepped back and picked it off.

I'm really surprised that doesn't happen more often. Do d-linemen not realize what is going on when the o-lineman give them a free release?

Dzone
10-07-2014, 11:41 PM
local poll showed 64% want Juwan Thompson to start at running back. I gotta say that Hillman was a nice surprise. Thompson and Hillman cut once and go, no hesitating. Hope we get some kapri bibbs in the near future too

tripp
10-08-2014, 12:22 PM
local poll showed 64% want Juwan Thompson to start at running back. I gotta say that Hillman was a nice surprise. Thompson and Hillman cut once and go, no hesitating. Hope we get some kapri bibbs in the near future too

I like the difference both RB's bring to the table. Thompson is a North-South RB, Hillman is a East-West RB. I think both will be eager to take Montee's spot even if he does return.

underrated29
10-08-2014, 12:44 PM
It wont matter guys. Its not the RB. It is all on the OL and TE. I like CJ and Thompson a lot. When we signed Thompson directly after the draft he was the RB I liked the most of the three (thompson, bibbs, already forgot the 3rds name). However, none of the RBs are going to consistently run behind our line until they get their blocking assignments down. Julius Thomas included. I figure it will take at least another 2 weeks before we see any sort of improvement. (provided they dont move Orlando back to RT first)

Cugel
10-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Shannon Sharpe was just on record saying that Julius Thomas "couldn't block the sun from shining on his face." That pretty much sums it up. He seems to have regressed in the last game. I don't think that play he made on Calais was intentionally dirty. He just screwed up the block. The refs are going to call that 100% of the time. Just an automatic penalty.

He tries, but just has no talent for blocking and that's a problem. They just have to live with it, because he's such an important part of the offense, but I don't foresee it getting any better anytime soon.

Cugel
10-08-2014, 01:10 PM
As for the RBs, it should be obvious by now that all of them combined are not equal to Knowshon Moreno. I know they didn't want to pay him, but it leaves a serious hole in the offense.

Montee Ball is not explosive at all and he had that terrible fumble against Seattle. Hillman has a nice burst, but he's had fumbling problems and he's not strong enough to move the pile even a little. He goes right down after contact. Jawann Thompson is strong and can get tough yards, but he doesn't have the burst that Hillman has. Kapri Bibbs is someone I'd like to see, but I doubt they feel comfortable with his knowing the offense.

Hillman struggles a bit with his assignments too. Did you see the last Broncos TD where Peyton Manning turns to Hillman right before the play and tells him "Watch the Defensive End. Watch the Defensive end." Hillman blocked the DE and the play resulted in a TD. But, he clearly was confused before the play what his assignment was.

Hawgdriver
10-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Nice posts, blunt one.

It's crazy that this killer offense is handicapped by what JT can block and what the RB can execute (from a % of playbook perspective). Imagine if...Jt's blocking improves...Hillman/Thompson master the playbook and begin to click in 1st team reps..

The offense is still dynamic with the weapons in the pass game, pass blocking, Manning, and the defense is stout. It would be something to behold if those two positions become more well-rounded. And Franklin embraces his new position (that move is looking worse all the time).

underrated29
10-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Cugel, its more on the offensive line then not being Knowshon. This is not all directed at you but is the platform to display it. Fun Facts that many here choose not to see.

- last year montee ball Averaged over 5 yards per carry. More than knowshon.
- This year the AVERAGE Oline is blocking 2.53 yards BEFORE contact! Some are better, some are worse. Dallas and SFO are better, Denver and Bolts are worse.
- On nearly 40% of OUR run plays the RB (pick whichever one you want) is hit BEHIND the LOS. Montee was the most. Hillman was at 30 something % hit behind the LOS.
- Montee Ball AVERAGES 6 Yards Per Carry when the OL blocks him clean to the LOS- Still nearly 2.53 yards BEHIND THE LEAGUE AVERAGE!!!!!!!!
- The Cardinals set a RECORD for 13 (THIRTEEN!!) CONSECUTIVE drives of 4 plays or less!
- Anyone who doesnt think the Cards defense was tired that game is a flippin fool!
- Aside from when Montee Ran for 5 yards per carry against the Chiefs this year, the only time our run game has looked better than God Awful was against the cards.

Now, anyone, please tell me. The difference between last year and this year is New pieces on the OL and no Knowshon. After reading that Montee AVERAGED 5 Yards Per Carry last year, and that HE aVERAGES 6 yards per carry when blocked to the line of scrimmage, the fact that the league average for blocking is 2.53 yards down field, and that we are letting our RB get hit nearly 40% of the time in the backfield........I ask what is the most likely cause for our TERRIBLE TERRIBLE Run Game.

The RBs (no knowshon, ball sucking, or not getting hillman, CJ or Juwann in the game)

or

The OL

????????