PDA

View Full Version : Melo: I'm the most underrated star

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2014, 07:26 PM
WEST POINT, N.Y. -- New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony believes he's the "most underrated" star player in the NBA.

"I think I'm the most underrated superstar that's out there (laughs) but that doesn't matter to me," Anthony told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

Anthony was responding to a question about the possibility that he's underrated because he hasn't yet won an NBA title.

rest - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11624895/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-says-most-underrated-star-player

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MOtorboat
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Sounds to me like he was being sarcastic.

Much ado about nothing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Well, he may have said it tongue in cheek, but he probably has a point. What hinders the public's perception of him is the apparent lack of making others around him better, like Kobe, LeBron, and Westbrook do.

I know I might get some disagreement with throwing Westbrook's name out there, but that guy's effort alone brings accountability to other players.

Dzone
10-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Melo referring to himself as a Superstar. No surprise there. One of the most egotistical athletes in denver sports history

Bronco9798
10-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Nothing here to read about..........

FanInAZ
10-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Well, he may have said it tongue in cheek, but he probably has a point. What hinders the public's perception of him is the apparent lack of making others around him better, like Kobe, LeBron, and Westbrook do.

I know I might get some disagreement with throwing Westbrook's name out there, but that guy's effort alone brings accountability to other players.

Did Lebron really make those around him better, or did he just stack the deck in his favor? He couldn't win in Cleveland with the players their GM provide for him, so he became his own GM by getting his fellow superstar friends to join him with the same team. I can buy that makes him a better GM then Cleveland's, but does that make him a better player than Carmelo?

MOtorboat
10-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Did Lebron really make those around him better, or did he just stack the deck in his favor? He couldn't win in Cleveland with the players their GM provide for him, so he became his own GM by getting his fellow superstar friends to join him with the same team. I can buy that makes him a better GM then Cleveland's, but does that make him a better player than Carmelo?

Yes, LeBron makes people better. That original Cavs team of his was atrocious.

LeBron is a FAR superior player than Carmelo, and Carmelo is a very solid, HOF type of player. James is a Top 5 all time type guy.

Northman
10-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Lmao, Melo.

Canmore
10-04-2014, 03:59 AM
He's underrated because he under-performs.