DET over BAL in 4 games
LAD over STL in 5 games

Thnikkaman
09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
KC over OAK
PIT over SF

DET over BAL in 4 games
LAD over STL in 5 games

I don't agree with LAD over STL, and I really hope BAL beats Detroit.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't agree with LAD over STL, and I really hope BAL beats Detroit.

Obviously, I do too...but we sucked against them all year. Granted, it was early in the year, but I dont think our rotation over-matches theirs. If we can get to our bullpen and theirs...we have a great shot. But I think we're probably due to start feeling the absence of Weiters, Machado and Davis. More for defensive reasons than offensive.

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Would like to see Oakland win it all. If not them, I'd be ok with Pitt, kc, Washington, or Baltimore.

Northman
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Coach going against his own team. But i agree, i think Bmore falls at some point.

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Go Angels and Pirates.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Coach going against his own team. But i agree, i think Bmore falls at some point.

I'm a realist. I picked Seattle to beat Denver in the SB as well.

That being said...if we were playing Anaheim or any of the 2 WC's...I'd pick the O's to win. Detroit is just a matchup nightmare for us.

MOtorboat
09-30-2014, 01:39 PM
I just hope this lasts longer than one game.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 01:53 PM
I just hope this lasts longer than one game.

Gotta start somewhere

Bronco9798
09-30-2014, 02:43 PM
GO Royals!! I'll be pulling for them tonight!!

Slick
09-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Coco Crisp is the only name from either starting line up that I recognize.

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I hate that one of these teams has to get put out tonight. They are probably the two teams I'd most like to see go all the way out of the 10 team field.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm rooting for KC...mostly because I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how much of a genius Billy Beane is.

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm rooting for KC...mostly because I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how much of a genius Billy Beane is.

Huh, I'm rooting for Oakland because of Beane. You can be sick of hearing about it, but it doesn't make it less true. Like it or not, Moneyball revolutionized baseball. He deserves to get a title out of it.

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm rooting for Oakland because **** KC. I love the thought of all those Chiefs fans crying over not seeing a postseason win in forever and all those people are Royals fans too so I don't want them to have this win either.

MOtorboat
09-30-2014, 08:57 PM
So you want Raiders fans to rejoice?

I hope Yost knows what he's doing. Pulling Big Game James in the sixth in the game Moore brought him here to pitch.

MOtorboat
09-30-2014, 08:59 PM
******* Yost.

Timmy!
09-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Pulling Shields was dumb.

WTE
09-30-2014, 09:00 PM

I hope Yost knows what he's doing. Pulling Big Game James in the sixth in the game Moore brought him here to pitch.

Brandon Moss! These Oakland Red Sox look damn good!

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 09:04 PM
:laugh::laugh: that's what that pitcher gets for wearing that stupid ass looking flat billed hat.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 09:15 PM

Huh, I'm rooting for Oakland because of Beane. You can be sick of hearing about it, but it doesn't make it less true. Like it or not, Moneyball revolutionized baseball. He deserves to get a title out of it.

He got his credit...many times over. And if you're going to be glorified for the good deals, you should take the blame for the bad ones.

Bob Melvin has this current team where it is.

Timmy!
09-30-2014, 09:22 PM
I bet that guy is happy he doesn't have to buy a puppy now.....

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 09:36 PM
I bet that guy is happy he doesn't have to buy a puppy now.....
:laugh::laugh: can't high five enough.

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 09:38 PM
BTW MO, most Raiders fans are Dodger fans not A's fans..

Buff
09-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Exciting game. I still think the one game format is stupid from a fairness standpoint after a 162 game season, but I always enjoy it as a fan.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Poor plate discipline. Up in the count, a slider pitcher is ALWAYS going low and away. Gave away to chances.

Bronco9798
09-30-2014, 10:21 PM
last two bats were horrible.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Exciting game. I still think the one game format is stupid from a fairness standpoint after a 162 game season, but I always enjoy it as a fan.

It emphasizes the importance of winning the division and benefits the division winners...While giving another team a shot at getting to a series.

No perfect but not a bad format

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Crazy exciting game. Nothing like a winner-take-all game.

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 10:39 PM
This has turned into one helluva good game.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Doolittle only throws fastballs. Amazes me the success he has

Buff
09-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Sal Perez has always been a tease.

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 11:04 PM
This is seriously pressing my bedtime but I can't miss the end of this. What a game.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 11:23 PM
This is seriously pressing my bedtime but I can't miss the end of this. What a game.

I know...i have to be at a deposition in 8 hours with a 90 minute drive to the location

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 11:31 PM
I know...i have to be at a deposition in 8 hours with a 90 minute drive to the location

Thankfully I don't have to go into work until 10 tomorrow, so I still have 9.5 hrs. I'd still like for this game to end though. I haven't stayed up this late in a while.

CoachChaz
09-30-2014, 11:31 PM
KC gave away too many opportunities

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 11:32 PM
KC gave away too many opportunities

They've come back twice, maybe they still have a little magic left in them. Even though I am rooting for Oakland, it would be pretty exciting to see the stadium explode from another comeback.

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 11:40 PM
JFC. I swear if they tie this back up...

BroncoWave
09-30-2014, 11:53 PM
There it is. What a freaking game. Good night everyone.

chazoe60
09-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Awesome game. Makes me a little sick to my stomach to see people from Kansas City celebrating like that but whatever. Great game. KC will get shellacked in the next series. Safest bet in sports might be Angels in game 1.

Timmy!
10-01-2014, 12:01 AM
She gets her puppy.

MOtorboat
10-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Wow.

OrangeHoof
10-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Here's a fact all the MoneyBall geeks never mention. The Oakland A's, poster boys for statistical analytical science and haughty smarter-than-thou hubris, are 1-8 in postseason series during Billy Beane's tenure as Oakland general manager. They made the big moves to try to make a title run and instead they are one-and-done.

CoachChaz
10-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Here's a fact all the MoneyBall geeks never mention. The Oakland A's, poster boys for statistical analytical science and haughty smarter-than-thou hubris, are 1-8 in postseason series during Billy Beane's tenure as Oakland general manager. They made the big moves to try to make a title run and instead they are one-and-done.

But instead of being questioned about trading away his best hitter and his future for players that won't be around...he'll get glory for something or another

Thnikkaman
10-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Congrats Mo. I hope your team makes it to the WS!!!

BroncoWave
10-01-2014, 08:01 AM

The fact that they have even played in 9 postseason series while having one of the bottom 5 payrolls in pretty much all of those seasons completely validates all if their "haughty smarter-than-thou hubris" as you put it. A team with that small of a payroll has no business even making the playoffs 8 times over a 13-14 year span.

Does it suck that they have been bounced early pretty much every time? Yeah, but that doesn't invalidate what Beane has done. It's a fact that once the secret of Moneyball was let out, pretty much everyone started to copy it. That alone is validation of how great the system is.

I feel a lot of this Beane-hate is really either hate of the media for over-covering it, or jealousy that their team didn't get a popular book and movie made about them like the A's did.

BroncoWave
10-01-2014, 08:22 AM
To add onto that last post, this is what I would say is most impressive about Beane: Once Moneyball came out and everyone started to copy it, the A's started sucking for a while because they didn't have an advantage anymore. But despite that, Beane tweaked his system and found new ways of competing with his budgetary restrictions and has this team back as a yearly playoff team. I don't think enough can be said about that level of excellence as a GM.

DenBronx
10-01-2014, 08:53 AM

Hey hey now im an As fan yet one of the biggest Broncos fans in Cali! Reason is this, when I became an As fan the raiders weren't even in Oakland. I'm hard headed like that and don't jump ship on my teams....even when most As fans decided to become Giants fans after they built their nice new stadium. Remember that battle of the Bay WS? Yeah that's when the raiders were in LA. Most As fans here cant wait for them to leave...trust me. And the As themselves might just move over to Santa Clara/San Jose area if their billionaire owner would ever get off his ass and do something.

But even if you dont like them you still have to respect that the were lime 25th in cap this year. Had they not made that stupid trade with Cespedes then I think they give the Angels a run for their money. Dumb trade....they were 8 games ahead of everybody.

DenBronx
10-01-2014, 08:55 AM
To add onto that last post, this is what I would say is most impressive about Beane: Once Moneyball came out and everyone started to copy it, the A's started sucking for a while because they didn't have an advantage anymore. But despite that, Beane tweaked his system and found new ways of competing with his budgetary restrictions and has this team back as a yearly playoff team. I don't think enough can be said about that level of excellence as a GM.

Lol im thinking the raiders should just fire their current GM and hire Beane but don't let him do trades.

No on 2nd thought, I like the raiders in misery.

Buff
10-01-2014, 09:32 AM
But instead of being questioned about trading away his best hitter and his future for players that won't be around...he'll get glory for something or another

I understand the Beane blowback, because what has he really accomplished?

But as a fan of a team with a completely incompetent GM, I would kill for a GM like Beane who is constantly trying to improve the roster and has made his team relevant on a yearly basis despite a limited payroll.

His risk taking didn't pay off this year - and he'll need to own that... But if I'm a fan of the team, I don't blame him for trying.

OrangeHoof
10-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Granted, Beane deserves credit for taking a terrible payroll limitation and building a competitive team with it. He's the guru of building baseball franchises on the cheap. But facts are stubborn things and the facts are he's been in the job 15 years and never made it to the World Series, much less won one and is 1-8 in post-season series despite a constantly churning roster and lower-level management. Maybe he deserves credit and maybe he doesn't for staying with a franchise that has given him so little to work with (I think it's a personal decision that he likes Bay Area living and would rather stay there than practice his craft in NY, LA or Chicago).

To actually win a World Series, you still need expensive stars producing. That's the thread through every World Champion this century. True, plenty of teams have spent their way to failure but you gotta have some stars to win it all and if you keep dumping your stars because you can't afford them, a really shrewd GM can be competitive but they can't win it all.

chazoe60
10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Go Angels.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Go Angels.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I was pretty stoked the Angels had such a strong regular season, but my hopes for the post-season are not very high. We are missing our staff ace, and our second best pitcher isn't 100%. Combine that with the fact that CJ Wilson and Weaver are not pitching the way they use to it leaves the Angles needing to score a lot of runs, which works well in the regular season, but not so much in the post season.

CoachChaz
10-01-2014, 11:34 AM
So where's the love for Andrew Friedman? The Rays are relevant almost every year and they always have a lower payroll than Oakland. However...they do it by developing players properly and using them until they cant afford them. Then they deal them for more up and coming talent to develop. To me...that's more impressive than signing a few players that fall under the radar and then letting my manager get the most out of them. It's not sustained as long, but more recently, a good case can also be made for Neal Huntington in Pittsburgh.

Getting the most out of a limited payroll isnt a new or unique thing in MLB. Beane just seems to be the media appointed poster boy for it all.

Buff
10-01-2014, 11:45 AM
So where's the love for Andrew Friedman? The Rays are relevant almost every year and they always have a lower payroll than Oakland. However...they do it by developing players properly and using them until they cant afford them. Then they deal them for more up and coming talent to develop. To me...that's more impressive than signing a few players that fall under the radar and then letting my manager get the most out of them. It's not sustained as long, but more recently, a good case can also be made for Neal Huntington in Pittsburgh.

Getting the most out of a limited payroll isnt a new or unique thing in MLB. Beane just seems to be the media appointed poster boy for it all.

Fair point - he gets more than his fair share of exposure because a famous author wrote a book about him, which was made into a famous movie. The Rays are every bit as resourceful in a more difficult division, and Friedman deserves a ton of credit.

But you can't go too far to the other extreme and paint him as ineffective because he gets so much praise. He's still a hell of a GM, but I acknowledge that the hype may be overblown.

CoachChaz
10-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Fair point - he gets more than his fair share of exposure because a famous author wrote a book about him, which was made into a famous movie. The Rays are every bit as resourceful in a more difficult division, and Friedman deserves a ton of credit.

But you can't go too far to the other extreme and paint him as ineffective because he gets so much praise. He's still a hell of a GM, but I acknowledge that the hype may be overblown.

And that's pretty much what I was getting at. Someone said earlier that the fans would be just happy that his deals this year got them (barely) to the post-season. But...they shouldnt be. After dealing his best hitter and best young players, plus some draft picks...he'll have nothing to show for it. Lester and Hammel will be gone and after a nice arbitration bump for 2015...Samardjia will eventually be gone as well. So good, young, talented players will be playing elsewhere and Beane will have to dig through the bin again and hope Melvin can motivate them to over-achieve.

MOtorboat
10-01-2014, 06:26 PM
And that's pretty much what I was getting at. Someone said earlier that the fans would be just happy that his deals this year got them (barely) to the post-season. But...they shouldnt be. After dealing his best hitter and best young players, plus some draft picks...he'll have nothing to show for it. Lester and Hammel will be gone and after a nice arbitration bump for 2015...Samardjia will eventually be gone as well. So good, young, talented players will be playing elsewhere and Beane will have to dig through the bin again and hope Melvin can motivate them to over-achieve.

I think Beane deserves much of the credit for the Red Sox becoming a perennial power, and that's not a joke. They absolutely use saber to construct their lineup. I think he also deserves a lot of credit for keeping the A's relevant. Many other small market teams wish they had a GM like that.

I agree, it gets out of hand a little, and he does deserve some criticism for never going far in the playoffs. He shouldn't be immune from criticism, but he has done a hell of a job.

MOtorboat
10-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Go Bucs.

Thnikkaman
10-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I would love nothing more than the Buccos to Destroy the Giants tonight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Yep, go Bucks. I got to watch a baseball game there about 10 years ago. It was a great experience. The view of downtown through the outfield is great, and the park itself is very nice.

Slick
10-01-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm about as casual a baseball as there is but I would like nothing more than to see the Giants lose.

WTE
10-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm about as casual a baseball as there is but I would like nothing more than to see the Giants lose.

Why is that?

Slick
10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Why is that?

I have hated the Giants and the Dodgers since I was a little leaguer. I grew up an Astros fan.

MOtorboat
10-01-2014, 07:02 PM
#playoffbeisbol

chazoe60
10-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I really want the Pirates to win but Volquez looks like such an ass out there with his gold chain, askew flat billed hat, and chomping gum in arguably the most annoying manner of all time.

Buff
10-01-2014, 07:57 PM
I really want the Pirates to win but Volquez looks like such an ass out there with his gold chain, askew flat billed hat, and chomping gum in arguably the most annoying manner of all time.

It's weird to me that stuff like that still bothers you.

WTE
10-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Time to get on the phone.

Buff
10-01-2014, 08:13 PM
That was a hanger.

Slick
10-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Damn.

WTE
10-01-2014, 08:15 PM
That was a hanger.

Chazoe's right. Too much energy used chewing.

Buff
10-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Chazoe's right. Too much energy used chewing.

I agree the gum chewing was a little aggressive. But the chain and hat didn't bother me.

WTE
10-01-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm so old I remember when Clint Hurdle was a strikingly handsome ballplayer with the best name in sports.

chazoe60
10-01-2014, 08:34 PM
It's weird to me that stuff like that still bothers you.

I think I'm just getting to be one of those old dudes who doesn't like the shit young kids do because I don't understand it. To me it just looks stupid. Also, from a more serious point, it seems kind of disrespectful to the game. I think the askew part bothers me more than the flat billed part.

Thnikkaman
10-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I think I'm just getting to be one of those old dudes who doesn't like the shit young kids do because I don't understand it. To me it just looks stupid. Also, from a more serious point, it seems kind of disrespectful to the game. I think the askew part bothers me more than the flat billed part.

I think you're picking nits.

WTE
10-01-2014, 08:41 PM

I agree. If your shirt is untucked the ump will stop play and make you tuck it in. The same rule should apply if your hat is not on straight.

OrangeHoof
10-02-2014, 12:21 AM
I grew up an Astros fan.

Man, I hope you outgrew that. I didn't and look what I've become, pretty much estranged from the entire sport.

Bronco9798
10-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Pulling for the Royals and Nationals this year! Neither will probably make it to the series, but I can watch and hope.

BroncoWave
10-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Pulling for the Royals and Nationals this year! Neither will probably make it to the series, but I can watch and hope.

Well the nats had the best record in the NL so I don't see why they couldn't go all the way. Kc probably is more of a stretch though.

But yeah, that is the world series I would like to see as well.

Bronco9798
10-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Well the nats had the best record in the NL so I don't see why they couldn't go all the way. Kc probably is more of a stretch though.

But yeah, that is the world series I would like to see as well.

I see the winner of the Dodgers/Cardinals series going for the National League.

OrangeHoof
10-02-2014, 03:16 PM
MLB and the tv suits breathed a big sigh of relief last night. A KC-Piitsburgh World Series would have caused some of them to slit their wrists. It's bad enough in their eyes that there's no Yankees and Red Sox this year. Peter Gammons is busily trying to learn the names of the other 28 teams.

Thnikkaman
10-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I see the winner of the Dodgers/Cardinals series going for the National League.

Nats have better pitching, bats, bullpen than both. I think you'll be surprised.

Slick
10-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Man, I hope you outgrew that. I didn't and look what I've become, pretty much estranged from the entire sport.

José Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzz!!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Have you guys ever given your spouse the hot burrito?

Bronco9798
10-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Nats have better pitching, bats, bullpen than both. I think you'll be surprised.

I very well could be and I hope I am. I want the Nats and the Royals in. Something just tells me it will be the winner of that series. And I don't like either of them, especially the friggin Cardinals.

Northman
10-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, the Orioles are decimating the Tigers right now. Good start for them.

Bronco9798
10-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Well, the Orioles are decimating the Tigers right now. Good start for them.

Absolutely. I'm pulling for the Orioles in this series.

chazoe60
10-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Nice to see Chris Ianneta go yard for the Angels.

CoachChaz
10-02-2014, 09:28 PM

I called that one.

Buff
10-02-2014, 09:28 PM

I guess.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Most definitely

I guess.
You son of a motherless goat.

chazoe60
10-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Was that the luckiest catch of all time or not?

MOtorboat
10-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Was that the luckiest catch of all time or not?

No.

Bronco9798
10-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Good game here. Wish the Royals would of scored there. I need to go to bed.

MOtorboat
10-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Good game here. Wish the Royals would of scored there. I need to go to bed.

Winner, winner...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2014, 12:37 AM
No Richards, no Shoemaker...no runs. This series might be over soon.

Timmy!
10-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Safest bet in sports might be Angels in game 1.

Good call Nostradamus.

Bronco9798
10-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Nice win by the Royals!!! Hope they can keep it up.

BroncoWave
10-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Awesome game. Makes me a little sick to my stomach to see people from Kansas City celebrating like that but whatever. Great game. KC will get shellacked in the next series. Safest bet in sports might be Angels in game 1.

LOL. Note to self, never take gambling tips from Chazoe. :D

CoachChaz
10-03-2014, 09:43 AM
No Richards, no Shoemaker...no runs. This series might be over soon.

Except...Shoemaker starts tonight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Except...Shoemaker starts tonight.

Does he really? I thought they were going to sit him for the Division series.

Bronco9798
10-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Hope the Royals go up 2-0 tonight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Hope the Royals go up 2-0 tonight.

That's some zealous hope you got goin' on there, since they don't play tonight. :D

MOtorboat
10-03-2014, 11:21 AM
That's some zealous hope you got goin' on there, since they don't play tonight. :D

Yes they do. 9:37 EDT.

CoachChaz
10-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Orioles magic!

Bronco9798
10-03-2014, 07:10 PM
I was waiting for Molina to pull out a blade.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes they do. 9:37 EDT.

I was assuming. You know what happens when I ass-u-me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Wow, the Giants won. I didn't expect that, but considering the way they have played the last 5 years I shouldn't be surprised.

CoachChaz
10-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Wow, the Giants won. I didn't expect that, but considering the way they have played the last 5 years I shouldn't be surprised.

Never doubt them in even years

Valar Morghulis
10-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Are we looking at an Orioles vs royals world series?

MOtorboat
10-04-2014, 02:57 AM
Are we looking at an Orioles vs royals world series?

That's an impossibility Dave.

Valar Morghulis
10-04-2014, 03:28 AM
That's an impossibility Dave.

Is that like saying Broncos vs dolphins super bowl?

Are they both the strongest teams if not who is?

I thought the Milwaukee team was supposed to be good bit I don't think they even made the post season? What happened to them - or were they always rubbish and I just have no idea what I am taking about?

Canmore
10-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Is that like saying Broncos vs dolphins super bowl?

Are they both the strongest teams if not who is?

I thought the Milwaukee team was supposed to be good bit I don't think they even made the post season? What happened to them - or were they always rubbish and I just have no idea what I am taking about?

They are in the same league, the American league.

Valar Morghulis
10-04-2014, 04:29 AM
They are in the same league, the American league.

And what about the Milwaukee team?

ShaneFalco
10-04-2014, 05:49 AM
Go cards

Bronco9798
10-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Great playoffs so far. Royals are fun to watch! My Reds are out of course, so I'm pulling for this magical run from the Royals!!!

BroncoWave
10-04-2014, 12:57 PM
I think Kansas City is going to the World Series. They just have that magical feel to them right now.

Canmore
10-04-2014, 03:21 PM
And what about the Milwaukee team?

National League.

Bronco9798
10-04-2014, 04:06 PM
If the Dodgers don't win tonight, this series is over.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Well, I expect the Angels series to be over tonight. CJ Wilson has been horrible since the All Star break, and the Angels hitters all seem to be forcing the issue, with the exception of Calhoun. I honestly don't even expect tonight's game to be close, especially with the way CJ has been pitching.

Even though it's been painful to watch the Angels lose the last two games, as a baseball fan it's been a treat to see the Royals outfielders (especially the centerfielder), and their catcher is a good ball player too, not to mention their pitching. The Royals aren't on TV a whole lot.

Bronco9798
10-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, I expect the Angels series to be over tonight. CJ Wilson has been horrible since the All Star break, and the Angels hitters all seem to be forcing the issue, with the exception of Calhoun. I honestly don't even expect tonight's game to be close, especially with the way CJ has been pitching.

Even though it's been painful to watch the Angels lose the last two games, as a baseball fan it's been a treat to see the Royals outfielders (especially the centerfielder), and their catcher is a good ball player too, not to mention their pitching. The Royals aren't on TV a whole lot.

Don't they play tomorrow night?

MOtorboat
10-04-2014, 05:12 PM

Lol... Yeah.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2014, 05:17 PM

Lol... Yeah.

What makes this even funnier is...I actually knew the game was tomorrow.

Maybe I said that because it feels like it's already over. :laugh:

CoachChaz
10-04-2014, 06:56 PM
I'd be happy if KC won that series.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 12:50 AM
I really don't care for the Dodgers, but I despise Molina and I hate the Cardinals. I'm glad the Dodgers won today. I hope they take this series.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 12:51 AM

Me too. I'm loving the Royals!!

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 02:52 AM

Me too. I'm loving the Royals!!

Well...for me it's just my preference in an opponent. If my O's advance, I'd rather face KC than the Angels.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Well...for me it's just my preference in an opponent. If my O's advance, I'd rather face KC than the Angels.

I'm curious as to why you would prefer KC.

ShaneFalco
10-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I really don't care for the Dodgers, but I despise Molina and I hate the Cardinals. I'm glad the Dodgers won today. I hope they take this series.

molina is awesome. jog on!

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 04:53 PM

I'm curious as to why you would prefer KC.

Much better match up for us for many reasons

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 04:54 PM

That begin and end with "you never know when Mike Trout is gonna go all Mike Trout on everybody."

I'm extremely worried that he's going to go off tonight.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Orioles win!

Down go the Tigers!

Come on Royals.

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Orioles win!

Down go the Tigers!

Come on Royals.

Pretty damn good day in my house.

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 06:31 PM

That begin and end with "you never know when Mike Trout is gonna go all Mike Trout on everybody."

I'm extremely worried that he's going to go off tonight.

I still think you guys can get to CJ

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM

Like I said, I'm just worried that Mike Trout will do Mike Trout and one of Hamilton or Pujols will show up.

#jerseyswitch

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Yup. Mike Trout just did Mike Trout.

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Damn...you called it

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
I didn't wear O's gear for the first two, so I stayed away from it today. Guess it'll stay in the closet for a bit

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Congrats Coach! Buck Showalter is a Mississippi State guy so I always like to see him do well. I'm still rooting for KC overall but if they don't make it, I'll be pulling for you guys.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Shields missed on all four opening pitches to each batting sequence.

That's a bad sign.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Congrats Coach! Buck Showalter is a Mississippi State guy so I always like to see him do well. I'm still rooting for KC overall but if they don't make it, I'll be pulling for you guys.

I don't care about Miss. State, but I am also cheering for the Orioles once the Royals are done.

It's been since Jim Palmer and that crazy rotation of the 70s and 80s since they've been really good (Ironically, ditto for the Royals).

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I don't care about Miss. State, but I am also cheering for the Orioles once the Royals are done.

It's been since Jim Palmer and that crazy rotation of the 70s and 80s since they've been really good (Ironically, ditto for the Royals).

:lol: Ok?

Big spot for KC here. Could be a big inning.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Oh shit!!! Damn clutch piece of hitting right there. With this crowd behind KC and going crazy, LA could be in trouble!

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Damn. Good call.

:)

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Looks like we were both right, MO

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
:lol: Ok?

Big spot for KC here. Could be a big inning.

I wasn't trying to slight you, I was just saying that that's not why I would root for the O's if the Royals were out. Jeesh.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Ouch, pulled in the first inning.

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 07:01 PM

At least for today, I say **** Miss. State. Lol

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:03 PM
I wasn't trying to slight you, I was just saying that that's not why I would root for the O's if the Royals were out. Jeesh.

Just ribbing you a bit there. I would have figured you didn't give any shits about MS lol.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:04 PM
At least for today, I say **** Miss. State. Lol

Haha oops, totally forgot you were a TAMU fan. Guess I could have looked at your avatar. I am pulling for you guys against Ole Miss next week though.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Just ribbing you a bit there. I would have figured you didn't give any shits about MS lol.

Well other than the "somebody else might win the SEC" angle...

Go Mississippi!

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Man, good thing he trapped that one. That could have turned into a double or triple.

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 07:08 PM

1983. Only WS game I ever went to (game 2). Dad is a big Phillies fan so it was a good memory for a 10 year old kid.

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 07:19 PM
So, 1 1/3 innings. Three pitchers. That's not good for Los Angeles at Anaheim via Orange County next to Long Beach.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Flood gates are opening!

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 07:49 PM
I smell home field advantage

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Huge 4th inning here by KC. They stopped a potential huge inning at the top and are padding it back in the bottom. As I said, this team just looks to have that magic this year.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
GO Royals!!!!

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Awesome! We are now set up for the tongue-twister-series in the ALCS. Orioles-Royals!

MOtorboat
10-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Awesome.

Bronco9798
10-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Good for KC!! Nice story there!! Instead of getting rid of all their talent, prospects, good players, they actually made a few acquisitions, kept a few players and are making a run.

BroncoWave
10-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Kinda crazy that the 2 best regular season could both get swept out of the first round. Gotta love the unpredictability of the MLB playoffs.

CoachChaz
10-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Kinda crazy that the 2 best regular season could both get swept out of the first round. Gotta love the unpredictability of the MLB playoffs.

Little fact that people ignore...Baltimore was tied for the second best record.

Not that ANY of that matters in the post season

Bronco9798
10-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Hope the Dodgers can get the W tonight!

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 09:40 AM
I wasn't real pleased with the strike zone last night. I thought the home plate umpire did a horrible job on balls and strikes.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 09:41 AM
I wasn't real pleased with the strike zone last night. I thought the home plate umpire did a horrible job on balls and strikes.

Strike zone has been a problem in a lot of the series.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 09:43 AM
You think Kershaw can do it tonight.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 09:45 AM
You think Kershaw can do it tonight.

He's the right guy to have on the mound.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 09:54 AM
He's the right guy to have on the mound.

If they get the win today they go home with Grienke to possibly wrap it up. I'm sure Wainwright would go in a game 5.

chazoe60
10-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Go Cards!

**** the Dodgers and the Giants, **** em' right in the ****holes.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Go Cards!

**** the Dodgers and the Giants, **** em' right in the ****holes.

I hate the Dodgers. But I'm a die hard Reds fan. I hate the Cards, a division rival. I'm rooting for the lesser of the two evils in my world.

ShaneFalco
10-07-2014, 12:20 PM
How can anyone hate a mid market team that is playing against the likes of LA.

Go cards!

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 12:21 PM
How can anyone hate a mid market team that is playing against the likes of LA.

Go cards!
Because I'm a Reds fan. That's the only reason. It would be like rooting for the Raiders in the Super Bowl to me.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 12:47 PM
I pretty much couldnt care who wins this series. No real love or hatred for either team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I pretty much couldnt care who wins this series. No real love or hatred for either team.

My favorite team has always been the Halos, but St. Louis is a team I've liked going back to the 80's because of Ozzie Smith and Willie McGee. I also love the small market feel with the big time game they bring. It's cool to see a small market like St. Louis be so successful for so long, with such an impassioned fan base. I don't really think there's anything like it the rest of MLB.

chazoe60
10-07-2014, 01:37 PM
I've been to 3 rockies/Cardinals games and Cardinal fans have always been awesome to sit near and banter with. I've also seen quite a few examples of Cardinal fans in Busch Stadium giving an opposing player a nice hearty round of applause for a milestone accomplishment (first hit, first HR, 1000th hit that kind of thing). They seem to me to be a very knowledgeable fan base with a deep appreciation for the game and it's history.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 01:39 PM
I've been to 3 rockies/Cardinals games and Cardinal fans have always been awesome to sit near and banter with. I've also seen quite a few examples of Cardinal fans in Busch Stadium giving an opposing player a nice hearty round of applause for a milestone accomplishment (first hit, first HR, 1000th hit that kind of thing). They seem to me to be a very knowledgeable fan base with a deep appreciation for the game and it's history.

Of all the opposing fans that have showed up at The K in the last 10 years, they are the second-least annoying. Behind Twins fans, who are generally awesome and have a Norwegian accent.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 03:00 PM

They are very gracious. Usually family and kids and elderly people. They are very good fans. I go to games there as a Reds fan and I have no problems at all. I live in Missouri.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Saw a Reds-Cardinals game at old Busch Stadium. Ken Griffey, Jr., was sitting on 499 homers. It was the Friday night game, two days before he hit 500.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Saw a Reds-Cardinals game at old Busch Stadium. Ken Griffey, Jr., was sitting on 499 homers. It was the Friday night game, two days before he hit 500.

I also saw Junior play there. It was a day game. Reds lost of course and he went 0-5.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2014, 03:14 PM

I saw a game in Anaheim over 30 years ago. The Orioles were in town with Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken, and proceeded to hammer the Angels 8-0. Eddie Murray was one of the best players in baseball at that time. He batted around .330 that year with over 30 homers. He hit a grand slam that game, which was a pretty cool memory.

The not so cool memory from that game was of some drunk guy about 5 rows in front of us with his shirt off screaming, "trade the whole f----ing team!". It was a shocking experience for an 8 year old kid from Emmett, Idaho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett,_Idaho

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Good game so far. Both pitchers are pretty dominant. First to score wins. That's my prediction.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Cardinals got screwed in that last inning. That was a foul ball.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 06:30 PM

I saw a game in Anaheim over 30 years ago. The Orioles were in town with Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken, and proceeded to hammer the Angels 8-0. Eddie Murray was one of the best players in baseball at that time. He batted around .330 that year with over 30 homers. He hit a grand slam that game, which was a pretty cool memory.

The not so cool memory from that game was of some drunk guy about 5 rows in front of us with his shirt off screaming, "trade the whole f----ing team!". It was a shocking experience for an 8 year old kid from Emmett, Idaho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett,_Idaho

Eddie was awesome. Finished 2nd in MVP voting more than probably anyone. A member of the exclusive 3000/500 club.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Mattingly is such a horrible manager

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Eddie was awesome. Finished 2nd in MVP voting more than probably anyone. A member of the exclusive 3000/500 club.

Definitely an all time great....not many guys in history can claim that kind hitting ability combined with power.

WTE
10-07-2014, 06:46 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals are a tough playoff team.

Unless you're the Boston Red Sox.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 06:48 PM

Definitely an all time great....not many guys in history can claim that kind hitting ability combined with power.

When I played ball as a kid, I wore 33 because of him.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Mattingly is just mis-managing his starters. Leaving Kershaw in too long and taking Greinke out too soon.

The Cards just seem to always catch the Sux when it seems like destiny is with them.

WTE
10-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Mattingly is just mis-managing his starters. Leaving Kershaw in too long and taking Greinke out too soon.

The Cards just seem to always catch the Sux when it seems like destiny is with them.

I would love to see a BALT/ST Louis match up.

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 07:55 PM

I would love to see a BALT/ST Louis match up.

Me too. One of my best friends, as well as my mom and her entire side of the family, are big Cards fans. Plus, I think we match up pretty well against them.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 08:00 PM

Couldn't of said it better. Horrible decisions and the Cards were going to find away no matter what.

ShaneFalco
10-07-2014, 08:05 PM
My favorite team has always been the Halos, but St. Louis is a team I've liked going back to the 80's because of Ozzie Smith and Willie McGee. I also love the small market feel with the big time game they bring. It's cool to see a small market like St. Louis be so successful for so long, with such an impassioned fan base. I don't really think there's anything like it the rest of MLB.
Ozzie is the best!

That stadium was like a Coliseum. I miss it.

ShaneFalco
10-07-2014, 08:06 PM

At least the Cards dont have to attempt to buy their way into playoffs every year.

GO CARDS!

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Ozzie is the best!

That stadium was like a Coliseum. I miss it.

The stadium was a hunk of junk.

ShaneFalco
10-07-2014, 08:12 PM
The stadium was a hunk of junk.

lol it was. But it was still pretty cool.

ShaneFalco
10-07-2014, 08:15 PM
The look on Kershaws face was priceless after that homer. The guy is great, much respect, but the Cards seem to just know him.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah they do.

chazoe60
10-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Suck it Dodgers.

Go Cards!

ShaneFalco
10-07-2014, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUHMdL2irA

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:24 PM
That was a massive home run Harper hit.

Buff
10-07-2014, 10:32 PM
That was a massive home run Harper hit.

Huge. And clutch.

Thnikkaman
10-07-2014, 10:34 PM

I've experienced this sitting in left center field at Busch

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Huge. And clutch.

He, quite literally, hit it out of the stadium.

Did you hear the ESPN announcer: "Was that a true splashdown? Did it splashdown without hitting concrete."

Too bad Harper generally comes across as a douche, because he is one hell of a baseball player.

BroncoWave
10-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Harper provided one of the best sports quotes of our generation:

"That's a clown question, bro."

I instantly became a fan after that.

Buff
10-07-2014, 10:38 PM
He, quite literally, hit out of the stadium.

Did you hear the ESPN announcer: "Was that a true splashdown? Did it splashdown without hitting concrete."

Too bad Harper generally comes across as a douche, because he is one hell of a baseball player.

Yeah, I'm not a big Harper fan... But I just happen to hate the Giants more than I hate him, so I thoroughly enjoyed his whole douchey display tonight. Plus when you hit a HR like that you can kind of do whatever you want.

Timmy!
10-07-2014, 10:43 PM
WTF was with that ladies hat?

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'm not a big Harper fan... But I just happen to hate the Giants more than I hate him, so I thoroughly enjoyed his whole douchey display tonight. Plus when you hit a HR like that you can kind of do whatever you want.

I do somewhat wish I was alive when they allowed pitchers leeway to just plunk guys who acted like douches. I bet that was fun.

I think it was Nolan Ryan who was famous for buzzing anybody who hit a home run, regardless of if they styled or not. I'd love to see a pitcher with that moxie nowadays, but baseball probably wouldn't let them do it.

Buff
10-07-2014, 10:44 PM
I do somewhat wish I was alive when they allowed pitchers leeway to just plunk guys who acted like douches. I bet that was fun.

I think it was Nolan Ryan who was famous for buzzing anybody who hit a home run, regardless of if they styled or not. I'd love to see a pitcher with that moxie nowadays, but baseball probably wouldn't let them do it.

Hamels kind of did that with Harper, and got killed for doing it.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Hamels kind of did that with Harper, and got killed for doing it.

Exactly.

That play was crazy.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Oh this is bullshit. They are going to give this run to San Francisco.

I hate this ******* rule.

Buff
10-07-2014, 10:47 PM
That Nats pitcher got the yips.

Timmy!
10-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Nice pitch out Dingus.

Timmy!
10-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Oh this is bullshit. They are going to give this run to San Francisco.

I hate this ******* rule.

Good call Nostradamus.

Buff
10-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Nice pitch out Dingus.

It was an intentional walk, not a pitch out, but the point stands.

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Good call Nostradamus.

That rule is stupid, confusing and applied inconsistently.

Timmy!
10-07-2014, 10:53 PM
That rule is stupid, confusing and applied inconsistently.

Its a dumb rule.....I guess it doesn't apply to position players covering the plate?

MOtorboat
10-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Its a dumb rule.....I guess it doesn't apply to position players covering the plate?

They are saying it does. Apparently it comes down to when you receive the ball.

chazoe60
10-07-2014, 11:25 PM
WTF was the home plate ump doing on that 3rd strike call on Desmund? that was bullshit

CoachChaz
10-07-2014, 11:57 PM

If that was still the case, Hosmer would be a marked man next year.

MOtorboat
10-08-2014, 12:04 AM

So be it. My guess is, if they still allowed pitchers to do that, less players would style.

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 12:06 AM

So be it. My guess is, if they still allowed pitchers to do that, less players would style.

Probably. I will be curious to see if his HBP rate increases against LAA next year

MOtorboat
10-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Probably. I will be curious to see if his HBP rate increases against LAA next year

I hope he plays with even half the urgency he's showed. Moustakas too.

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Personally...i hope they lose the "rush". Although...we just dealt with MCab and the Martinez boys and survived, so Hosmer and Moose can't be that bad.

MOtorboat
10-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Personally...i hope they lose the "rush". Although...we just dealt with MCab and the Martinez boys and survived, so Hosmer and Moose can't be that bad.

I was more referring to next season, but I understand your sentiments.

I'd like to see both of them display this type of power/urgency/passion for longer stretches of the regular season. Maybe the postseason wakes them up to the fact that they both really can be stars at the Major League level.

In terms of the series, I don't have much hope. Vargas will likely go game two and he will give up three or four homers if Yost keeps him in. Shields has not been "Big Game James" as advertised, but the Royals have survived it thus far. How long can that last? I don't like the prospects of coming back to KC with the balance of the series resting on Ventura.

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 05:56 AM

I was more referring to next season, but I understand your sentiments.

I'd like to see both of them display this type of power/urgency/passion for longer stretches of the regular season. Maybe the postseason wakes them up to the fact that they both really can be stars at the Major League level.

In terms of the series, I don't have much hope. Vargas will likely go game two and he will give up three or four homers if Yost keeps him in. Shields has not been "Big Game James" as advertised, but the Royals have survived it thus far. How long can that last? I don't like the prospects of coming back to KC with the balance of the series resting on Ventura.

I think a lot of things went as "best case scenario" as KC could have hoped in that series, but...there really is no pressure on them, so anything can happen. We certainly aren't immune to going on a bad run like LAA did. I think it comes down to the managers and I take that match up all day...especially against Yost

Bronco9798
10-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Pulling for the Giants and Royals!!!!

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 08:02 AM
I think that's one of the reasons I'm glad KC won. Now they'll get all the "Cinderella" and "underdog" love...and that rarely pans out.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I think that's one of the reasons I'm glad KC won. Now they'll get all the "Cinderella" and "underdog" love...and that rarely pans out.

It should be a good series. KC's pitching was really good in the ALDS, and Baltimore has probably been the best team in baseball since the All Star break.

Buff
10-08-2014, 10:04 AM
I hope either of the AL teams win it. Don't like the Giants or the Cards, and am tired of their ongoing success.

Buff
10-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Though as much as I hate the Giants, it's hard not to like/respect Bruce Bochy. That guys is steady.

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
As long as it's not Skankees, Sux or Tigers in the AL...I'm good. And although it'd be nice to see someone other than STL or SF in the NL for a change...I'm okay with mid-market teams having success

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
It should be a good series. KC's pitching was really good in the ALDS, and Baltimore has probably been the best team in baseball since the All Star break.

I'm entertained by some of the "experts" breakdowns of the series. Apparently some of them get such a hard-on for a dark horse team, that logic just escapes them. Some of them give edges to KC that are just ridiculous.

Bronco9798
10-08-2014, 11:49 AM
KC is having fun and they have that attitude that nothing is going to keep them from that. They are having a fun time and enjoying it. That can go a long way to playing some good loose baseball. They are fast and play great defense as well. I like them.

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 11:59 AM
KC is having fun and they have that attitude that nothing is going to keep them from that. They are having a fun time and enjoying it. That can go a long way to playing some good loose baseball. They are fast and play great defense as well. I like them.

I get it and it's fun to watch. But they wont be running on Derek Norris or Chris Ianetta this round. Orioles pitchers are great at keeping runners close (all 4 starters have a delivery time under 1.3 sec.) and Joseph lead the AL in caught stealing percentage. The defense is also useless when balls are bouncing off of a warehouse or landing in a fountain. I think some of their strengths play to our advantage. Will it make a difference? Who knows. I can see this series going 6 or 7 games and I wont dare predict a winner. Should be a good one.

Bronco9798
10-08-2014, 12:42 PM
I get it and it's fun to watch. But they wont be running on Derek Norris or Chris Ianetta this round. Orioles pitchers are great at keeping runners close (all 4 starters have a delivery time under 1.3 sec.) and Joseph lead the AL in caught stealing percentage. The defense is also useless when balls are bouncing off of a warehouse or landing in a fountain. I think some of their strengths play to our advantage. Will it make a difference? Who knows. I can see this series going 6 or 7 games and I wont dare predict a winner. Should be a good one.

I have no clue what they will do against the Orioles. I'm a National league fan and live in Missouri. When the Royals started to get interesting I could flip on a local channel and watch them. They were fun to watch. Once the playoffs started I really started watching and enjoyed them. They were stealing bases, make great defensive plays, etc., and just having fun. It was fun to watch. That's all my assessments are on. I've not seen the Orioles at all. KC could be in for a long haul. I can't assess the Orioles at all. Appreciate the info though, I'll be watching those situational match ups and see how it goes!!!! Should be fun!!!

MOtorboat
10-08-2014, 01:25 PM
It's possible Yost has announced a Game 2 pitcher. I haven't seen it yet, but if it's Vargas, KC is in trouble. Camden isn't Anaheim or Kaufman.

OrangeHoof
10-08-2014, 02:27 PM

Wrong. Don Drysdale and Bob Gibson were the noted headhunters of their day who took opposing homers personally. Stan Williams was probably the all-time headhunter of that era. (71 HPB in 482 GPs).

OrangeHoof
10-08-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm surprised to see both LA teams gone before we even got to the LCS. Watching Kershaw lose twice reminded me of when the Astros got Randy Johnson in 1998 and he went 10-1 with a microscopic ERA after the trade but then lost two head-to-head duels with Kevin Brown and the Padres in the LDS. 102-win season. Out in four games.

CoachChaz
10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
It's possible Yost has announced a Game 2 pitcher. I haven't seen it yet, but if it's Vargas, KC is in trouble. Camden isn't Anaheim or Kaufman.

I've been hearing Vargas vs. Chen...but I think that's more of a projection and not anything "official" yet. Although I'd be willing to bet Buck will go with Chen while having Gausman ready.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Position-by-position breakdown: Royals-Orioles

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/97732302/position-by-position-breakdown-royals-orioles

CoachChaz
10-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Position-by-position breakdown: Royals-Orioles

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/97732302/position-by-position-breakdown-royals-orioles

That one is about as close to legit as I've seen.

Buff
10-09-2014, 09:36 AM

The Royals speed is legit. It'll be fun to watch strength on strength, but I predict the Royals will be able to run.

I'm calling Orioles in 7 just because I don't see how Yost outsmarts Showalter.

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I could look, but when does these start.

MOtorboat
10-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I could look, but when does these start.

Royals-Orioles Friday, Cardinals-Giants Saturday and then I believe they alternate days from there.

CoachChaz
10-09-2014, 11:04 AM
O's - Royals series

Friday, 7:07 CST @ BAL
Saturday, 3:07 CST @ BAL
Monday, 7:07 CST @ KC
Tuesday, 7:07 CST @ KC
Wednesday, 3:07 CST @ KC
Friday, 7:07 CST @ BAL
Saturday, 7:07 CST @ BAL

CoachChaz
10-09-2014, 11:15 AM
The Royals speed is legit. It'll be fun to watch strength on strength, but I predict the Royals will be able to run.

I'm calling Orioles in 7 just because I don't see how Yost outsmarts Showalter.

My pick is Baltimore in 6. I know you cant completely stop the running game, but I feel good that the O's can manage it better than most teams. I think pitching overall is more equal than most "experts" would care to state...and "Big Game" James hasn't exactly lived up to his moniker so far. Not that facing a tough pitcher is something Baltimore worries about. Defense is pretty equal as well, so I think it comes down to the power advantage. It will be easier...in theory...for Baltimore to get the 2 or 3 run homer when needed than it will be for KC to manufacture 2-3 runs in an inning with timely hits and base-stealing. The only real power threats in KC are Hosmer and Moose...and quite honestly...I think their regular season numbers are more of an indication of their ability than 3 games against LAA. Managers to me is a no brainer. Buck has been around too long and developed top teams for quite awhile. He always seems to make the right choices, whereas Yost has a tendency to make some questionable decisions.

For many of the same reasons, I'm going with SF in 6 in the NL.

MOtorboat
10-09-2014, 11:20 AM
The running game was almost nil against Anaheim. Gore stole three bases but scored no runs. Moustakas, Hosmer, Butler and Gordon have to hit.

80 percent chance of rain, 7 pm to 1 am Friday in Baltimore.

weazel
10-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I predict
BAL over DET
KC over LAA
SF over WAS
STL over LAD

sweet, good job!

OrangeHoof
10-09-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm glad MLB doesn't do the stupid 2-2-1-1-1 best-of-7 format that the NBA has. 2-3-2 is more energy and cost efficient and I really don't care about the dumb argument that Game 5 is too critical for the lower seed to have home field advantage. Good teams overcome regardless.

The KC-Balt and SF-STL matchups makes me feel like the 1980s. Too bad I can't actually be that young again. The 80s were a ton better than the 2010s. Can somebody find that "80s hot tub" that they made that time travel movie about? I'd take my life savings and bet on Villanova to beat Georgetown in the NCAA finals, then bet James "Buster" Douglas to knockout Mike Tyson then take the earnings and invest it in Apple and Microsoft...

Valar Morghulis
10-09-2014, 12:50 PM
The 90s were where it was at