PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Get Leading Tackler Danny Trevathan Back

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2014, 07:29 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – The Denver Broncos locker room was filled with more banter and bellows than usual Monday. Their early bye is over and Danny Trevathan is back.

The team’s leading tackler last season, Trevathan missed the first three games after fracturing his left leg just below his knee during an Aug. 12 practice at training camp.

He’s expected to make his 2014 debut Sunday when the Broncos (2-1) host the Arizona Cardinals (3-0).

“Man, we’re so happy to have him back,” linebacker Nate Irving said, raising his voice and enunciating each word so that Trevathan could hear his high praise two lockers away. “He’s the heartbeat of the defense, baby!”

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/broncos-get-leading-tackler-danny-trevathan-back/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2014, 07:49 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver's defense has held its own through three games, bolstered by its performance in goal-to-goal situations, when it has limited opponents to an adjusted total of 48 of a possible 77 points. Three goal-line stands in three games reveal the toughness of the defense.

But the Broncos have missed Danny Trevathan since he suffered a left tibial impaction fracture Aug. 12. He returned to practice on a limited basis Sep. 19, but based on the initial timetable for his recovery, he was expected back in Weeks 5 or 6.

Sunday's game with the Arizona Cardinals is Week 5. The time for Trevathan's return is near.

"It’s a huge deal. I told him that today," said defensive tackle Terrance Knighton. "I’m happy to have him back."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Danny-Trevathan-readies-for-return/250c3253-1807-48f0-9f83-ac4d92dbd0ea

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2014, 07:57 PM
I miss his interviews. The golden grill with the country boy accent is priceless.

Nomad
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I miss his interviews. The golden grill with the country boy accent is priceless.

Never heard him talk. Is his country boy accent like Randy Moss's?

Joel
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I like Marshall, but like Trevathan far better. He beat out the guy who beat out DJ for that position, after all, and DJ OWNED Will for a decade covering a pair of HoF TEs 4 times/year. Knighton's right, too:
It’s good that Brandon got that experience while Danny was hurt. So, it’ll allow our linebackers to rotate and have guys that they can trust go in and play.
With Miller looking like his old self again, Trevathan back and Irving finally blossoming into the quality starting Mike he was drafted in the 3rd to be, this may be our best starting trio since Wilson, DJ and Gold—but the depth's MUCH better; Steven Johnson's a solid run-stuffing and coverage Mike behind Irving, so we actually have the backup defensive QB I like (even though I believe Trevathan has the "green dot") and both Marshall and McCray are good in their own right.

This D has all the talent at every position to be as good as Del Rio predicted and expects as long as they can stay healthy (touch wood.)

tripp
09-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Trevathan is all speed and can close in on RB's, scrambling QB's, and receivers running across the middle. A little guy with a chip on his shoulder who feels like he constantly has something to prove.

Slick
09-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Great news!

Joel
09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Trevathan is all speed and can close in on RB's, scrambling QB's, and receivers running across the middle. A little guy with a chip on his shoulder who feels like he constantly has something to prove.
He's not THAT little for a Will; NFL.com lists him at 240, and IIRC they listed DJ at 242 pretty much his whole career. He's bigger than Woodyard; he's apparently come up to 233, but I believe he played in the 220s his first two seasons with us. If Chancellor's a SS built like a LB, Woodyard's a LB built like a SS. Still a great player, but I worried about him vs. the run; don't have that problem with Trevathan.

Bronco9798
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Love getting him back ! !

Shazam!
09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Awesome news!

BroncoNut
09-30-2014, 09:17 AM
great

BroncoNut
09-30-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm no Rex (thank God), but seems kinda soon

EastCoastBronco
09-30-2014, 09:24 AM
We've finally got a solid group of mean inside LB's that love to hit.
Nate Irving had a couple of fantastic tackles on Lynch where he not only stood him up but pushed him back.
Nobody will be running inside on us.
That will leave the edges free to be patrolled by our speedy guys like Miller, Ware and Ward.

Welcome back Danny...

olathebroncofan
09-30-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm no Rex (thank God), but seems kinda soon

My thoughts exactly. It's not like he can put a cast on it and go to work. Glad he is available, but I would like to see him sit out another week. One cut block could put him in the IR.

Ravage!!!
09-30-2014, 10:45 AM
My thoughts exactly. It's not like he can put a cast on it and go to work. Glad he is available, but I would like to see him sit out another week. One cut block could put him in the IR.

thats the case for anyone, though.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Danny and Marshall on the field in the nickel should be a pretty good combo.

blamkin86
09-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Logged in just to High Five Carol!

Joel
09-30-2014, 12:26 PM
I might prefer Irving and Trevathan in nickel. It's darned nice to have a legit starting Mike again so we're not OBLIGATED to play two Wills in nickel, inviting teams to run on it. It's a good group all around, starters to depth, much like our DTs, DEs and CBs. There's no reason this can't be a top five D, and every reason it should. With even average run blocking there'd be NO holes ANYWHERE on our roster.

BroncoNut
09-30-2014, 01:01 PM

:insertracistjokehere:

TXBRONC
09-30-2014, 01:09 PM
This is great news. The defense needs him back in back in the worst way.

slim
09-30-2014, 01:35 PM
#59 is a boss

sneakers
10-04-2014, 06:46 AM
woo