PDA

View Full Version : John Fox tweaks "stay out of the papers" message for Broncos' bye week

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Third-week byes are snow days after Christmas break — appreciated, but poorly timed. The Broncos, like most teams, prefer a breather in the middle of the season.

Nonetheless, it allows offensive lineman Louis Vasquez to receive extra rest for his back. Defensive back Quinton Carter was also held out from practice. Healing injuries is a theme.

And none of the Broncos tore a hamstring racing to the parking lots for upcoming flights, golf outings or football games (Wes Welker will watch his alma mater Texas Tech play Oklahoma State on Thursday).

As they broke practice for their four-day hiatus, Broncos coach John Fox tweaked his "stay out of the papers" message to his players based on last year's personal health scare.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26597873/john-fox-tweaks-stay-out-papers-message-broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2014, 06:27 PM
from same article:

Count receiver Demaryius Thomas among the players looking forward to the break to clear his head. He took extra pass-catching reps on Monday, and remains committed to shaking his slump when the Broncos host Arizona in Game 4.

"I know I ain't playing my best right now," said Thomas, who has 11 catches and four drops this season.

General manager John Elway insisted he's not concerned with Thomas. Of Thomas' drops, most have come when he took his eye off the ball while seeing big yardage on stretch plays.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26597873/john-fox-tweaks-stay-out-papers-message-broncos

Northman
09-25-2014, 05:12 AM
He tweaked it or tweeted it? lmao

Hawgdriver
09-25-2014, 04:14 PM
But surely they can get in the papers for positive press, right? Like if they save their drowning nephew's life or something?

sneakers
09-26-2014, 11:15 PM
john fox made the papers by saying thsi

Canmore
09-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Big name Tweakers usually make the news.