PDA

View Full Version : Broncos coach John Fox sees no moral victories, seeks improvement

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Resolve proved hallow Monday following a stinging overtime loss in Seattle.

"Are you asking if there are moral victories?" coach John Fox said. "No there aren't."

The Seahawks held Denver under their thumb entering the fourth quarter, building a two-touchdown cushion. At that point, Seattle had outscored the Broncos 60-11 through the past seven quarters dating to the Super Bowl.

AND

"We need more consistency. We are trying to make the step from good to great. And a big part of that is consistency," Fox said. "We have only played three games. Everybody in here, coaches included, needs to improve."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26584124/broncos-coach-john-fox-sees-no-moral-victories

Joel
09-22-2014, 05:20 PM
At least he finally admitted coaching's inadequate (consistency's created in practice, after all.) Hopefully he finally suits acts to words; the tired "correctable mistakes" mantra ain't winning championships.

Joel
09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
By the way, my liver thanks you for leaving out Foxs two comments about "communications errors;" I already regret inventing that drinking game. :(

CrazyHorse
09-22-2014, 05:35 PM
I hope he doesn't mean consistently calling bubble screens and draws on 3rd and long.

Joel
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
I hope he doesn't mean consistently calling bubble screens and draws on 3rd and long.
I like the 3rd and long draws in principle, but fear we have tipped our hand with formation. It makes since to fake a pass and run when they expect a pass; that's the draws point—but unless in a formation where we pass a lot (e.g. shotgun single back runs) it fools no one. Whether's 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 22, no one thinks, pass, when they see a jumbo set, and these days 2 TE is practically "mini-jumbo."

Northman
09-22-2014, 06:18 PM
AND

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26584124/broncos-coach-john-fox-sees-no-moral-victories

Well, there are some on this forum that feel there are moral victories so what does Fox know? lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Well, there are some on this forum that feel there are moral victories so what does Fox know? lol

....well, apparently not all of Fox's players feel the same way.

DenBronx
09-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Moral victory for the team? No
Moral victory for the fans? Yes

aberdien
09-22-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't know why there's such a fear about moral victories. Maybe everybody defines the term differently than I do.

Hawgdriver
09-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't know why there's such a fear about moral victories. Maybe everybody defines the term differently than I do.

Moral victories are venomous and have creepy tentacles.

TXBRONC
09-22-2014, 09:39 PM

I don't have a fear about it I just don't they happen. I do think that out of losses good things can happen but a loss still a loss.