PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere

dogfish
09-21-2014, 09:02 PM
somewhere, the denver offense just threw another screen pass. . . for a loss of four. . .

seriously, WTF was up with that??

:noidea:

jhildebrand
09-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Not just a screen pass but a long developing screen pass whereby Manning rotates a full 360 degrees prior to even thinking of getting the ball off.

BroncoJoe
09-21-2014, 09:06 PM
somewhere, the denver offense just threw another screen pass. . . for a loss of four. . .

I wish we had negative rep here...

:)

Nomad
09-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I was expecting that Wizard of Oz song......:lol:

tubby
09-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Draw play -1

jhildebrand
09-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Draw play -1

I was just coming to post that :mad:

:lol:

dogfish
09-21-2014, 09:13 PM
I wish we had negative rep here...

:)

why, so your bald ass could be banned for the next week?

:heh:

chazoe60
09-21-2014, 09:14 PM

Not to mention a draw on 3rd and 8. :laugh:

BigDaddyBronco
09-21-2014, 09:19 PM
The play calling was beyond conservative. And it almost worked. But dang, you just knew we were going to come up short.

dogfish
09-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Not to mention a draw on 3rd and 8. :laugh:

pretty sure that was third-and-9. . . :coffee:

and yea, it made me want to poke my eye out with my beer bottle, too. . .

jhildebrand
09-21-2014, 09:21 PM
Empty back sets at the wrong time.

BroncoJoe
09-21-2014, 09:23 PM
why, so your bald ass could be banned for the next week?

:heh:

I find it really funny you call me bald and mean it insultingly... :)

tripp
09-21-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't think we had a successful screen pass entire game? I could be wrong, I was too busy drinking myself silly watching that game.

dogfish
09-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Empty back sets at the wrong time.

i had zero problem with those. . . when you can't run, why bother to fake the funk? they aren't going to respect it, what good do you accomplish by showing it?

dogfish
09-21-2014, 09:24 PM
I find it really funny you call me bald and mean it insultingly... :)

you know it's all love, you belligerent old coot. . .

:welcome:

broncosinindy
09-22-2014, 12:03 AM
I sat on my buddies couch and predicted 50% of the plays. My buddy was all wha. Obviously he hasn't been paying attention!

Pudge
09-22-2014, 12:05 AM
I sat on my buddies couch and predicted 50% of the plays. My buddy was all wha. Obviously he hasn't been paying attention!

I'm on the phone with Elway, he wants to know if you can start calling plays next week

underrated29
09-22-2014, 12:15 AM
I'm on the phone with Elway, he wants to know if you can start calling plays next week

I'm still adamant that I can call a game better than mike McCoy. Guaranteed.

And if gase keeps this up may make that claim too. Honestly, he is not that bad, but it was pretty bad for a lot today.

The biggest problem he has is running sideways and not downhill and calling the bubble screen once a drive. Also the lack of rb screen or fake rbs screen and throw screen to the te....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2014, 12:29 AM
Draw play -1

I was just coming to post that :mad:

:lol:

...on 3rd and 9. :laugh:

Joel
09-22-2014, 12:47 AM
i had zero problem with those. . . when you can't run, why bother to fake the funk? they aren't going to respect it, what good do you accomplish by showing it?
By the second half, that's pretty much how I felt. The problem, of course, is if they aren't respecting the run, what's the only thing LEFT for them to respect (and thus DEFEND)?

I'm glad they're still not just talking about sticking with the run, but DOING it; I'll be thrilled if it ever WORKS consistently enough to keep defenders honest enough to BUY a play action pass rather than laugh, "for 2 yds? Be our guest..." as they keep pounding Manning and our receivers. Last two weeks, we let teams back into games because we couldn't salt away wins killing the clock on the ground; this week, we let a team paralyze "historys best offense" because we produced no more running yards from behind than in front.

We've got to produce running yards, just GOT to; it slows pass rushes, draws safeties down so they can't lurk for easy Ints (like Chancellor did to day and in the SB,) rests our D, tires theirs, reduces turnovers, sidelines quick-striking offenses, deters press coverage... there's just SO MANY WAYS running well opens up the passing game; that's why teams have been RUNNING TO ESTABLISH THE PASS since before Mannings DAD went pro. Remember how people used to dismiss rare long passes from Mannings predecessor because they were against 8 and 9 man boxes with only 3-4 guys in coverage?

Imagine what PFM would do to that....

TXBRONC
09-22-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm still adamant that I can call a game better than mike McCoy. Guaranteed.

And if gase keeps this up may make that claim too. Honestly, he is not that bad, but it was pretty bad for a lot today.

The biggest problem he has is running sideways and not downhill and calling the bubble screen once a drive. Also the lack of rb screen or fake rbs screen and throw screen to the te....

No you couldn't. If you could call plays you would be in the NFL.