PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLVIII replay on NFL Network in 10 minutes

Runamok
09-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Great chance to get pumped for this weekend's matchup.

BroncoWave
09-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Pass.

Valar Morghulis
09-20-2014, 07:02 PM
not a chance i put myself through that again

Runamok
09-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Pass.

Whatever. Me, I'm going to watch and pick out the biggest weaknesses, then think about whether the Bronc's have filled them.

Valar Morghulis
09-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Whatever. Me, I'm going to watch and pick out the biggest weaknesses, then think about whether the Bronc's have filled them.

you are a better man than me! Good luck - let me know what you conclude

Dzone
09-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Ive watched a lot of it since that brutal day. I think I am about done with it . Would be nice to win tomorrow and blot out the bad memory

Northman
09-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Nothing can be learned from watching the SB again. Denver played like Poo. Not much to really figure out there.

BroncoWave
09-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Nothing can be learned from watching the SB again. Denver played like Poo. Not much to really figure out there.

Plus we have different starters in over half the positions from that game. Totally different team then and now. Really nothing to be gained from watching that game at all other than torturing yourself.

VonDoom
09-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Have fun with that. I'll never watch it again. I don't even like seeing the highlights

Krugan
09-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Highlights?????

Non existant.... :tsk:

underrated29
09-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Every offseason I re-watch all of our old games including preseason since the tebow jets game. I will not watch the Super Bowl game though. I was hammered by the 3rd quarter and don't remember the 4th. I don't want to fill that empty space.

Runamok
09-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Every offseason I re-watch all of our old games including preseason since the tebow jets game. I will not watch the Super Bowl game though. I was hammered by the 3rd quarter and don't remember the 4th. I don't want to fill that empty space.

Amazing snag by DT for a TD in the 3rd.

Joel
09-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Amazing snag by DT for a TD in the 3rd.
Fits well with the post to which you responded: I was also hammered by the 3rd when I suddenly looked up and came to my senses just enough to realize "hey... we need to freakin' SCORE soon so the Best. Offense. EVAH! avoids the first SB. Shutout. EVAH!" Maybe my subconscious realized we finally had a decent drive going, 'cause a few plays later he made that catch on the THIRD QUARTERS LAST PLAY and preserved the '71 Dolphins record for lowest score in SB history. But, yeah, I don't have enough scotch left to watch that whole game again; enjoy (I guess?)

Simple Jaded
09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
This is an interesting case study of what normally happens when your QB plays like shit for 58:00 and the defense/ST's doesn't make garbage time worth waiting for.

underrated29
09-21-2014, 02:31 AM

I forgot to add, I still cannot bring myself to delete that recording from my dvr....I don't know if I'll ever watch it but it is our first suoerbowl in 10+ years. It's quite the conundrum.

Dzone
09-21-2014, 08:24 AM
The pass interference in the endzone on tony Carter on 3rd and 4 was bad. We beat ourselves more than seattle . Penalties, fumbles, interceptions, ST breakdowns and mistakes did us in

Nomad
09-21-2014, 09:52 AM

I hope the BRONCOS have watched this over and over to see where they failed. I understand if fans don't want to see that crappy game displayed by the BRONCOS.

Nomad
09-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Plus we have different starters in over half the positions from that game. Totally different team then and now. Really nothing to be gained from watching that game at all other than torturing yourself.

Same coaches though, they can see where they effed up.

Joel
09-21-2014, 10:48 AM
The pass interference in the endzone on tony Carter on 3rd and 4 was bad. We beat ourselves more than seattle . Penalties, fumbles, interceptions, ST breakdowns and mistakes did us in
I still think that was a phantom call, but I guess the realized Seattle wasn't getting in our end zone any other way, no matter HOW much historys greatest offense tried to score points for the WRONG TEAM. Considering half our defensive starters were out, our offensive left the rest on the field most of the first half and they started with their backs to the wall every time, our D played oustandingingly well. Hence Elways post mortem observation they "kept us in the game" till the pick-six and the KO TD return put it out of reach. Our line though... yeesh; Manning can only do so much alone.

BroncoWave
09-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Same coaches though, they can see where they effed up.

Yeah, but a fan rewatching the game to see where the coaches messed up isn't going to help the team any. It only serves to torture the fan. I just don't really see the point in doing it.

Nomad
09-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but a fan rewatching the game to see where the coaches messed up isn't going to help the team any. It only serves to torture the fan. I just don't really see the point in doing it.

True. I said the same thing in the post above the one you replied to.

I haven't rematched the SB and probably never will. It's bad enough my inlaws live in Seattle and my FIL reminds me all the time of the SB:lol:. Hell, my MIL is staying with us until my wife gets back, so I have a whole football season of hearing how great the Seahawks are:lol: