PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks prepared for anger-fueled Broncos' best shot

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2014, 08:10 PM
RENTON, Wash. – The Denver Broncos have had 7½ months to stew over their Super Bowl XLVIII embarrassment, and the Seattle Seahawks are prepared for all that pent-up angst to come pouring out in Sunday's rematch at CenturyLink Field.

"Absolutely. You can't expect them to come in and just lay down," Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smith told USA TODAY Sports on Friday. "They're out for a little bit of revenge, and they want to execute better than they did the last time. They don't want to be dominated in front of the entire world like they were before."

Smith returned an interception 69 yards for a touchdown, recovered a fumble and was named the MVP of Seattle's 43-8 romp back in February – a game in which the Broncos were favored, only to take a safety on their first play and watch all hell break loose from there.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/09/19/denver-broncos-seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-rematch/15915237/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2014, 08:16 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – If you really want to irk an NFL player, question his toughness.

Say a guy is old, or slow, or tell him he needs to tackle better, and he might glare at you. But tell a player he's soft? There is no worse insult in football.

So imagine what it's been like in Denver, where for more than seven months, the Broncos faced questions about their toughness after their 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. From the offensive line to the skill position players, especially the wide receivers, Denver's offense got pushed around from the opening snap of the Super Bowl.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/09/19/denver-broncos-seattle-seahawks-peyton-manning-julius-thomas/15913759/

Joel
09-19-2014, 08:25 PM
"They don't want to be dominated in front of the entire world like they were before."
Gosh, when you say it like that it almost sound like what actually happened, despite all the insistence it didn't.

Seattle's reacting pretty much as expected; as much as both teams talk about it being a new season, neither can forget a game that one-sided for pro footballs highest stakes. Especially since every football fan knows it, too, and will be watching accordingly. We'll go for broke; knowing that, Seattle will do the same. That background and going into their stadium made it bad enough, but a week after they got their first loss and got to listen to SD doing some of their own trash talk back at them... the Seahawks rarely have lose losing streaks (in fact, the article says their last one of ANY length was mid-2012.)

I worry a lot (as some may have noticed,) but am genuinely concerned this game may be the beginning of the end of Denvers Manning Era. He's not getting younger, and if this game's half as nightmarish as the last, I'd understand if he concluded it's just not worth the physical punishment and emotional frustration for anything less than a SB that will remain out of reach as long as Fox is in charge. If so, well, even if Fox were fired tomorrow it would take time for a replacement to cement a team and strategy for a championship, and Manning just doesn't have time to wait. I'm hopeful but not optimistic. :(

Meanwhile, it's fine to say, "everything's fine; they were just the better team in February," but Denver's not paying Manning $20 million/year or shelling out $50 million on FA hired guns each offseason just so SOMEONE ELSE can be the better team ANY day. That's just not gonna fly much longer without a fanbase meltdown.

Dzone
09-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Looks like the seahawks are still talking trash and if we lose on sunday, it will never end

Joel
09-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Looks like the seahawks are still talking trash and if we lose on sunday, it will never end
Same as February: Only way to shut them up is to SHUT THEM UP. Hopefully we've got it in us now, but it sure hasn't looked like it the last couple weeks. Then again, we've won more than them.

CoachChaz
09-20-2014, 09:06 AM
The only 2 things I am confident about in this game is that Seattle won't score 43...and Denver will score more than 6.

Nomad
09-20-2014, 09:50 AM

They beat the snot out of the BRONCOS in the biggest game, I don't have a problem with them talking trash and they'll always talk trash because of it. BRONCOS needs to focus on the W and move on to the next game.

Ziggy
09-20-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm still holding out hope that the Broncos have been holding back in the first 2 games. JDR is going to play his corners up in the faces of the receivers, jamming them at the line and bring pressure with a complicated blitz scheme the entire game. A man can dream can't he?

DenBronx
09-20-2014, 10:07 AM
I really hope we bring it this game. If we can beat the Seahawks in their own stadium then I'll be a believer in this team. Right now I don't think we're ready...

Joel
09-20-2014, 10:27 AM
This COULD be a case where an early bye actually helps, because we've seen our flaws and have a chance to catch our breath, regroup and iron out the wrinkles for a rally. Anyone know what (if any) team activities are restricted during byes? How much can teams practice, and how? Do they just go home and put their feet up for the weekend, or have the same team meetings and film sessions as usual?

atwater27
09-20-2014, 10:54 AM
The story is about stewing in anger.... That isn't going to solve anything. I hope they were more embarrassed than angry, and I hope that their motivation for revenge isn't stronger than their motivation to actually improve enough to beat Seattle. Something tells me Peyton has them on the right track. Though I trust him and Elway much more than the coaching staff.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2014, 11:18 AM
This COULD be a case where an early bye actually helps, because we've seen our flaws and have a chance to catch our breath, regroup and iron out the wrinkles for a rally. Anyone know what (if any) team activities are restricted during byes? How much can teams practice, and how? Do they just go home and put their feet up for the weekend, or have the same team meetings and film sessions as usual?

Here is an article from last year in regards to the Broncos' bye week in 2013.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/10/30/denver-broncos-bye-week-what-players-do/22893/

Slick
09-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm still holding out hope that the Broncos have been holding back in the first 2 games. JDR is going to play his corners up in the faces of the receivers, jamming them at the line and bring pressure with a complicated blitz scheme the entire game. A man can dream can't he?

I'd like to see that too. I don't think we will though. Jack is terrified of Harvin and Wilson's mobility will probably keep that type of fairly conservative gameplan this week.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Seattle was whipped by the Broncos and the rest of the AFC West for so many years, I can see why they finally feel they have room to talk trash. Won't be long before they come crashing down to reality.

Joel
09-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Here is an article from last year in regards to the Broncos' bye week in 2013.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/10/30/denver-broncos-bye-week-what-players-do/22893/
Sounds like they are pretty much fully off, which is understandable; it's a long season, and that's the only breather any coach or player gets. In Foxs place though, I'd call recess a little late and bring 'em back a little early unless league rules officially prohibit that and/or this weeks game goes a LOT better than I expect. Earn that vacation, and take it when the job's done; anyone who wants to go on vacation INSTEAD of doing their job should run for election.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Sounds like they are pretty much fully off, which is understandable; it's a long season, and that's the only breather any coach or player gets. In Foxs place though, I'd call recess a little late and bring 'em back a little early unless league rules officially prohibit that and/or this weeks game goes a LOT better than I expect. Earn that vacation, and take it when the job's done; anyone who wants to go on vacation INSTEAD of doing their job should run for election.

Is that what you would do with your coaching experience?

Nomad
09-20-2014, 11:51 AM
BRONCOS can't play scared, either. Do your job and execute, this is a winnable game for the BRONCOS. Seahawks and their fans have done a great job at building the intimidation factor in Seattle.

DenBronx
09-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Someone start the damn game thread already. My adrenaline is already going for this one...

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Someone start the damn game thread already. My adrenaline is already going for this one...

The only one who is suppose to start the game thread is Sneakers

Joel
09-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Yup; can't say it would WORK, but it could hardly do worse than 43-8.

BroncoWave
09-20-2014, 02:48 PM

Rav, not a single one of us has nfl coaching experience. Based on that, I guess none of us can offer opinions on what Fox should do.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2014, 03:09 PM
DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and T.J. Ward talk about what facing Seattle means to them.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/New_defensive_trio_talks_super_sequel/131b1606-2e83-496b-81cb-c494baace8c4

Dolly4me2b
09-20-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm happy that Welker is back. Broncos have a good chance! They are fired up for this game, No doubt.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Fox on Fox Show: Segment 1
Coach Fox talks about facing the Seahawks again in the opening segment of the Fox on Fox Show
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox_on_Fox_Show_Segment_1/260e5610-ab22-4db2-9270-133d803a9dab

Fox on Fox Show: Segment 2
In segment two of the Fox on Fox Show, Demarcus Ware joins for a conversation.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox_on_Fox_Show_Segment_2/27de9df8-37bc-46da-a766-26fde675339b

Fox on Fox Show: Segment 3
In the third segment of the Fox on Fox Show, Coach Fox talks about the strength of the Seattle secondary.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox_on_Fox_Show_Segment_3/3e682c4f-2192-4958-93d4-2cf60716b739

Fox on Fox Show: Segment 4
Coach Fox fields questions from the fans in the fourth segment of the Fox on Fox Show.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox_on_Fox_Show_Segment_4/41119c8b-0b9f-4b95-b3ac-222a7b943102

DenBronx
09-20-2014, 05:36 PM

The only one who is suppose to start the game thread is Sneakers

How long have I been here Carol?

Joel
09-20-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm happy that Welker is back. Broncos have a good chance! They are fired up for this game, No doubt.
I'm happy he's back, but kinda wish he'd skip this game, despite doubting he will. A possession receiver with three concussions vs. a head-hunting, 'roid-raging cheap shot secondary with something to prove after SD called it out and on its own turf, facing a SB loser with just as much to prove: This has "tragedy" written all over it. Hopes and prayers all goes well; nothing would please me more than Seattle starting their first losing streak in two years and their season rapidly going down the drain, but I mainly hope no one gets hurt and we at least perform respectably this time.

Simple Jaded
09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
F.t.s.r.i.t.p

Joel
09-20-2014, 10:00 PM
F.t.s.r.i.t.p
Could you translate that into grownup, please? :tongue: