PDA

View Full Version : Ron Washington explains resignation

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2014, 04:57 PM
IRVING, Texas -- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington said Thursday that he resigned earlier this month because he was "not true to my wife."

"I was not true to my wife after 42 years," Washington said as his wife, Gerry, sat nearby during the news conference. "I broke her trust. I'm here today to own that mistake and apologize to her.

"... Today, I'm at a very low time in my life. I'm sorry for breaking the trust that I had with my wife and for disappointing my players, for disappointing my coaches, for disappointing Major League Baseball and for disappointing the Texas Rangers."

rest - http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/11548096/former-texas-rangers-manager-ron-washington-asks-forgiveness-was-not-true-my-wife

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-18-2014, 05:15 PM
What he did was horrible, but I respect what he's doing. He probably sees the lifestyle of baseball being a contributing factor.

WTE
09-18-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure why he felt he needed to make his cheating so public. Pretty stupid to have a press conference about it if you ask me.

tomjonesrocks
09-18-2014, 11:47 PM
He needed to make this announcement why?

Just humiliates the wife more IMO...

OrangeHoof
09-19-2014, 12:53 AM
I assumed he had a drug relapse and probably most folks did despite the denials. To salvage any remaining career in baseball, better to be thought of as an adulterer than a junkie.

Dapper Dan
09-19-2014, 03:10 AM
Because the story would probably have broken anyway. He messed up and felt he should resign. If only players did that..

CoachChaz
09-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Very overrated as a manager anyway

Ravage!!!
09-19-2014, 09:57 AM
I agree with the thoughts that this should have been kept at home, behind their closed doors, within their private lives. This is none of our business, and it's not "press conference" worthy.

CoachChaz
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
I agree with the thoughts that this should have been kept at home, behind their closed doors, within their private lives. This is none of our business, and it's not "press conference" worthy.

The general consensus around here is that it involves someone within the organization and he's having to do these things to keep the situation from blowing up. Publicly crucifying himself in order to protect the organization.

Poet
09-19-2014, 01:02 PM
What a strange story.