PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS: NFLPA notifying Wes Welker, others that their suspensions are over!

Magnificent Seven
09-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Wes Welker can officially suit up for the Broncos on Sunday. CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has reported that the NFLPA has begun the process of notifying several suspended players that they'll be eligible to play in Week 3.

The reinstatements are part of the agreement in the NFL's new drug-policy proposal, which is expected to formally announced by the league and NFLPA on Wednesday morning.

Besides Welker, Cowboys defensive back Orlando Scandrick and Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey will also be eligible to play this week. All reinstated players will be allowed to join their teams for practice as soon as Wednesday.

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, who received a one-year ban in August, will now be eligible to play after serving a 10-game suspension, meaning Gordon has eight more games to serve after missing Cleveland's first two games of the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24712343/nflpa-notifying-wes-welker-others-that-their-suspensions-are-over

Dapper Dan
09-17-2014, 01:50 AM
Awesome. I hope his head is ready.

Magnificent Seven
09-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Awesome. I hope his head is ready.

I am sure Welker is ready. He has been resting and preparing for the whole season of 2014.

Dapper Dan
09-17-2014, 02:35 AM
I dunno. I heard he said he's ready to come back and make an impact for the Dolphins.

CrazyHorse
09-17-2014, 03:11 AM
#Championship

OrangeHoof
09-17-2014, 09:15 AM
They would be smart to give Wes just sideline routes for the rest of the year and instructions to sit down rather than try for YAC. That and save him for Red Zone plays near the goal line. NO kick returns.

Let him retire with some dignity.

It's a shame the new rules wouldn't let Prater come back early.

CoachChaz
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
They would be smart to give Wes just sideline routes for the rest of the year and instructions to sit down rather than try for YAC. That and save him for Red Zone plays near the goal line. NO kick returns.

Let him retire with some dignity.

It's a shame the new rules wouldn't let Prater come back early.

Except it seems to me that most of his concussions occur when he is in the process of going to the turf. Maybe if he stayed upright and took the hit, he'd take it with his body rather than his head. Who knows.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker is returning to work with the team Wednesday morning, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Welker, who was suspended four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs, is set to be reinstated when the NFL and the players' union finalize the drug-policy changes they tentatively agreed upon last week.

Union spokesman George Atallah told The Associated Press on Monday that the "drug policies are currently getting finalized." League and NFL Players Association attorneys and officials are reviewing the documents and could approve them this week.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11541481/wes-welker-denver-broncos-returning-work-team

wayninja
09-17-2014, 10:02 AM
So, if one reads between the lines... Abuse - bad. Drugs - not so bad?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 11:41 AM
DENVER (CBS4) – Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has been reinstated by the NFL and will play this Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/17/wes-welker-reinstated-will-play-sunday-in-seattle/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 1h

Just moments away from the return of THIS. https://vine.co/v/M03hFuMiXmj

artie_dale
09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Thank Goodness! I had AJ Green and DeSean Jackson put up donuts on my FFB team last week (still crushed my opponent).

Joel
09-17-2014, 01:08 PM
So, if one reads between the lines... Abuse - bad. Drugs - not so bad?
Same as it ever was. I never though the NFL made Ball get his appendectomy with no anesthesia, and after mine the doc gave me a scrip for vicodin (fortunately, I never needed it, because I never noticed any effect but constipation even when I tripled the dose and doubled its frequency—but I didn't mix it with booze like Favre. ;)) Halftime cortizone injections for hurt players has been routine for decades, but anyone ELSE who wants to try that needs a scrip from a doctor who'll be quick to warn against habitual/long term use.

Players are grown men the league has no duty nor right to babysit, so any step closer to the CFLs policy (i.e. no PEDs, but recreational drugs are between players and cops) is welcome in my book. There's all the difference in the world between cheating opponents and creating a culture where young athletes feel OBLIGATED to wreck their bodies juicing vs. getting high on weekends. That's a position for or against the latter: It just has nothing to do with the game—in ANY sense—until/unless someone's arrested.