PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - nice restaurant in Crested Butte

Tned
09-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Ok, I know this isn't Broncos related and hence I'm breaking the rules of what goes in Broncos Talk vs. elsewhere, but I need some help and am going to pull a little executive privilege and post this where it will get the most visibility.

I've had someone do something for someone very dear to me. I don't want to go into the details at this point, but I owe him a HUGE debt of gratitude, which is why I am breaking forum rules and posting something off topic in Broncos Talk.

He and his family will be in Crested Butte early next year, and I would like to get him a gift certificate for a nice restaurant or something else that he can use while he's there and will show how thankful I am.

I'm not sure if he will be going with kids or just he and his wife. I assume they ski, since they are going to to Crested Butte, but don't know if they already have lift passses and such. Price doesn't matter, because what he has done goes beyond money.

I found this site that lists dining in the area, but I know nothing about Crested Butte nor about these restaurants.

http://www.skicb.com/things-to-do/dining

Any advice would be very, very much appreciated.

MasterShake
09-16-2014, 10:22 PM
I went to a place called Maxwells after a snowboarding weekend once and it was really nice. A bit on the pricey side though, but a great experience. Looks like the menu has changed since I was there, but the setting is top-notch: http://www.maxwellscb.com

Tned
09-16-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't know, he's the son of a friend that helped me out greatly. I just double checked and see the kids aren't going, so it's just he and his wife, which probably makes something like a french or nicer restaurant a better option. I don't want them to be forced to be dressed up, since I don't know if they will have packed anything fancy (not sure if everything is casual there).

Soupcon and Maxwells both look like good options. Dress casual in both?

underrated29
09-17-2014, 12:02 AM
I know bud light was just there and rented out the town. They painted the roads and everything blue. Then it rained and all the blue washed away and ruined lots of stuff, people's cars, buildings, etc. towns people were listed and they couldn't get into theory won as some roads were blocked off.

Other than that I can't tell you much about the butte.

Dapper Dan
09-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Looks like crusty butt.

pnbronco
09-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Crested Butte has a population around 1500, that's a lot of restaurants....I'm shocked. It's really small so I don't think you really have to dress up to go to even the nicer restaurants. My daughter had friends that have lived down there. I'll share your request with her and see if she can find anything out... Like back in 79 I'm pretty sure I ate at Le Bosquet and it was great, but that's a very, very long time ago.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 07:19 PM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33377-Crested_Butte_Colorado.html

pnbronco
09-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Heard back from my daughter....hope this helps:

For the couple I would say Soupcon (french restaurant and romantic) or Django (wine bar and intimate). For the family maybe try Slogar.

sneakers
09-18-2014, 04:38 PM
hahahhah Crested Butt

Slick
09-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks like crusty butt.

That's what we called the place growing up.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2014, 07:05 PM
That's what we called the place growing up.

Now that you've grown up, do you still call it that?