PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Briefs: Defense looks to correct 'dumb' mistakes

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Third down provides clarity. It forms a defensive grade, explains time of possession and creates separation in the standings.

By this measure, the Broncos are fortunate to remain undefeated. They need not apologize for victories, but they must improve defensively to stand any chance of winning Sunday in Seattle, where the Seahawks are 18-1 from 2012 to the present.

The Broncos allowed 11-of-16 third-down conversions to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"I don't know that anybody is playing their best football of the year after Week 2. We aren't either. That's a fair assessment," Broncos coach John Fox said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26539726/broncos-briefs-defense-looks-correct-dumb-mistakes

spikerman
09-15-2014, 08:44 PM
I just wish there was a greater sense of urgency.

wayninja
09-15-2014, 08:54 PM
This is the problem when you have rookies mixed with mercenaries. Everyone's a lone wolf. At least that's what my untrained eye sees.

spikerman
09-15-2014, 09:08 PM
I meant from the coaches. Haha. I don't like the "ho hum, nobody is at their best" attitude. It's more than not being sharp it's that they look like they would have a hard time stopping me and 9 other average guys. In 2 games the "bend, don't break" defense has done an awful lot of bending. If anything, they're less aggressive than last year.

Traveler
09-16-2014, 04:23 AM
So much for that Top 5 Defense JDR promised earlier this offseason.