PDA

View Full Version : Coach Fox Monday 9-15-14

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Fox on film review, message to team
Part one of Head Coach John Fox's Monday press conference.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox-on-film-review-message-to-team/8b4ee1a7-4e71-4958-8815-bf8eae222fb7

Fox on heading to Seattle
Part two of Head Coach John Fox's Monday press conference.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox-on-heading-to-Seattle/1861b3df-0f8a-4aa9-9be4-2188adb7bd6f

Mike
09-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Not too shabby.

Joel
09-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Not too shabby.
Makes me wonder about his definition of Shabby. He's got a first ballot HoFer under center, likely another one rushing the passer opposite a guy who was DRoY 3 years ago, all surrounded by a ton of Pro Bowlers even before bringing in MORE. What constitutes "shabby" with THAT much elite talent on BOTH sides of the ball; how low is Fox setting the bar? Better question: WHY'S he setting it low with THAT kind of talent?! This isn't the SECAA; the goal's not to win 8 games by beating up on Rice and reach ONE postseason game we don't even CARE if we win. Championship or bust.

Ravage!!!
09-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Funny.. I thought Fox just won Playoff games, and went to the SUper Bowl in the last 3 years. Didn't Dungy have Manning for..10 years? How many playoff games did Dungy win? Hmmm... how long did it take him to go to that Super Bowl? Seems Fox is doing a pretty damned good job.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Funny.. I thought Fox just won Playoff games, and went to the SUper Bowl in the last 3 years. Didn't Dungy have Manning for..10 years? How many playoff games did Dungy win? Hmmm... how long did it take him to go to that Super Bowl? Seems Fox is doing a pretty damned good job.

Two division titles, one appearance in the SB, yeah, that's not too bad.

Joel
09-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Is our D as awful as Indys was? If so, that's on the defensive guru who's head coach, just as for Dungys Colts: Neither coach gets any credit for staying out of the way of Mannings talent, skill and genius; a potato could do THAT. Had Irsay handed Dungy a first ballot HoFer, a DRoY and signed a bunch of Pro Bowl FAs 2 years running, I bet Dungy would've improved Indys D: Has Fox?

Two division titles, one appearance in the SB, yeah, that's not too bad.
Three division titles, actually, but the first one only counts for Foxs resume, no one elses.

BroncoJoe
09-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Joel - just curious. Have you ever participated in an organized sport or coached?

Joel
09-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Joel - just curious. Have you ever participated in an organized sport or coached?
Just participated on my middle school baseball team; this is one of Ravs favorite attack lines. What can I say: I started school half a year early, then skipped fourth grade; most coaches had no use for me.

chazoe60
09-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Just participated on my middle school baseball team; this is one of Ravs favorite attack lines. What can I say: I started school half a year early, then skipped fourth grade; most coaches had no use for me.

Neither do most Message Boards. Bazinga!

JK

Kinda

Not really.

JK

Maybe

Northman
09-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Lmao

BroncoJoe
09-16-2014, 01:47 PM

Not that I really care, but I swear you'd be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't come off as the one person that understands the game better than anyone. I'm sure you're a smart guy, but numbers on a sheet of paper rarely tell the story in sports.

Of course, getting better at the Reader's Digest philosophy would help to.

Joel
09-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Not that I really care, but I swear you'd be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't come off as the one person that understands the game better than anyone. I'm sure you're a smart guy, but numbers on a sheet of paper rarely tell the story in sports.

Of course, getting better at the Reader's Digest philosophy would help to.
There's more to it than just the stat line, but contrary to what some claim, I really do watch the games. It's usually just ours these days, because our newborn's just one more reason not to stay up till 3AM (later for night games) watching teams in which I have only a casual interest (or none.) I wouldn't presume to write a primer on HOW Fox and the other coaches should discipline and focus our team, but could fill a library with firsthand experience on lack of discipline; it's not hard to spot, and it ain't like I'm the only one seeing it and saying so.

I'm not trying to "educate" anyone, but admit frustration when people ignore many things they and EVERYONE knows well, just because that common knowledge is inconvenient for the home team.

SR
09-16-2014, 02:16 PM
There's more to it than just the stat line, but contrary to what some claim, I really do watch the games. It's usually just ours these days, because our newborn's just one more reason not to stay up till 3AM (later for night games) watching teams in which I have only a casual interest (or none.) I wouldn't presume to write a primer on HOW Fox and the other coaches should discipline and focus our team, but could fill a library with firsthand experience on lack of discipline; it's not hard to spot, and it ain't like I'm the only one seeing it and saying so. I'm not trying to "educate" anyone, but admit frustration when people ignore many things they and EVERYONE knows well, just because that common knowledge is inconvenient for the home team.

What about all of the things YOU ignore that lead to the eventual irrelevance of your posts?

Joel
09-16-2014, 02:32 PM
What about all of the things YOU ignore that lead to the eventual irrelevance of your posts?
No one's perfect, so I sometimes MISS things everyone's welcome and encouraged to point out, but just because I don't BUY the party line on everything doesn't mean I'm unaware of or forgot it.

BroncoJoe
09-16-2014, 03:41 PM
There's more to it than just the stat line, but contrary to what some claim, I really do watch the games. It's usually just ours these days, because our newborn's just one more reason not to stay up till 3AM (later for night games) watching teams in which I have only a casual interest (or none.) I wouldn't presume to write a primer on HOW Fox and the other coaches should discipline and focus our team, but could fill a library with firsthand experience on lack of discipline; it's not hard to spot, and it ain't like I'm the only one seeing it and saying so.

I'm not trying to "educate" anyone, but admit frustration when people ignore many things they and EVERYONE knows well, just because that common knowledge is inconvenient for the home team.

Unfortunately, you ignored my Reader's Digest comment.

Joel
09-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately, you ignored my Reader's Digest comment.
Not at all; I just didn't realize a three-line paragraph with a one-line summation was too long. Did I miss this turning into Twitter?

BroncoJoe
09-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Not at all; I just didn't realize a three-line paragraph with a one-line summation was too long. Did I miss this turning into Twitter?

An old adage:

If you need 100 words to make a point, you probably don't have one.

Joel
09-16-2014, 06:07 PM
An old adage:

If you need 100 words to make a point, you probably don't have one.
I get accused of "ignoring" things enough when I DON'T omit details. It can be thorough OR brief, but rarely both. If fierce enduring controversies admitted simple solutions, they'd be neither fierce, enduring nor controversial. H.L. Mencken had an adage, too: "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." Journalists make good money peddling them, too, especially in sports.