PDA

View Full Version : NFL hires domestic violence advisers

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 01:24 PM
NEW YORK -- The NFL says three experts in domestic violence will serve as senior advisers to the league.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to teams Monday announcing that Lisa Friel, Jane Randel and Rita Smith will "help lead and shape the NFL's policies and programs relating to domestic violence and sexual assault."

Friel was the head of the Sex Crimes Prosecution Unit in the New York County District Attorney's Office for more than a decade. Randel is the co-founder of No More, a campaign against domestic violence and sexual assault. Smith is the former executive director of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11531293/roger-goodell-nfl-create-social-responsibility-role-help-domestic-violence-social-issues

aberdien
09-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Pretty sad when you have to hire people to tell you what to do about domestic violence.

wayninja
09-15-2014, 07:22 PM
When I saw this I immediately thought it might be someone to fix rice's left hook. I know, I'm a terrible person.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Pretty sad when you have to hire people to tell you what to do about domestic violence.

Right. That whole knowledge thing is overrated.

Valar Morghulis
09-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Right. That whole knowledge thing is overrated.

Awesome reply! really made me smile

OrangeHoof
09-16-2014, 08:25 PM
There will be mandatory seminars every training camp. I can see the Q&A now...

"So you're saying that we'll get flagged even if we hit them between the shoulder pads and the knees? When did this rule change?"

BeefStew25
09-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Carol have you ever beaten your kids?