PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to catch Seahawks smarting from loss to San Diego

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Maybe this time the undefeated-if-sputtering Broncos are in an ideal state as they prepare to play the Seattle Seahawks.

"We haven't peaked, yet," John Elway, the Broncos' general manager, said with sarcasm and a smile Sunday after his team held on through a nervous finish for the second week in a row.

Entering the Super Bowl last season, the Broncos were playing so well that they were a 3-point favorite against Seattle. They were coming off a decisive victory over New England in the AFC championship.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26533936/broncos-catch-seahawks-smarting-from-loss-san-diego

MOtorboat
09-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Sherman refused to talk to reporters after he got burned all day. Sore loser.

PatriotsGuy
09-15-2014, 01:43 PM

I hate that guy with a passion.

weazel
09-15-2014, 01:47 PM

I hate Sherman but to say he got burned all day is pretty funny. He gave up three passes his way... Champ gave up more than that the last 5 seasons and everyone was writing love letters about him.

Northman
09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
We might have a shot if we were playing at home. Going there with a pissed off Hawk team doesnt bold well for us.

Nomad
09-15-2014, 02:26 PM
I would have rather seen the Chargers 0-2. The BRONCOS will take care of business in Seattle....first home loss for the Seahawks will be this Sunday. I don't hate the Seahawks enough to root for another AFC West team.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 02:28 PM
The front-runner is running scared now, running away from the media fast and running to Twitter even faster to fight with words because some days, words are all Richard Sherman's got.

And he's very good with words.

Richard Sherman is a Stanford grad and a thoughtful man -- when the mood strikes and he's running with a lead -- so what would someone smart enough to graduate from Stanford and eloquent enough to write stories for Sports Illustrated think of a cornerback who doesn't cover the other team's best receiver and still brags about being the best cornerback in the NFL? But brags only when he's had a great game?

Think of the most infamous Richard Sherman moments. The "u mad bro?" picture he tweeted at Patriots quarterback Tom Brady after a Seahawks victory in 2012. The rambunctious pat on 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree's butt after Sherman sealed the 2014 NFC title game. The choke sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The extended hand to Crabtree, the gesture of shock when Crabtree wanted no part of it.

rest - http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24710778/shermans-post-loss-antics-lend-new-meaning-to-shutdown-corner

Northman
09-15-2014, 03:19 PM
The BRONCOS will take care of business in Seattle....first home loss for the Seahawks will be this Sunday.

Ill believe it when i see it. I think we will do better but right now,

Broncos- 17
Hawks- 41

silkamilkamonico
09-15-2014, 03:21 PM
My humble opinion.

I don't think the most important thing this weekend is winning. I think it's attitude and how Denver plays. I would take a win over anything, but I will not be happy if we win the game in the same fom that we did the last 2 games. I want to see us going into a hostile place against a very salty team full of attitude, and not take any shit from them. I don't want to see any shit being taken on the field where Denver is getting pushed around, and I don't want to see any ***** conservative coaching plan that doesn't put the players into positions to be agressive and make plays and I want to see Denver playing to win the game with authority rather not lose the game embarassingly.

Seattle is going to be pumped up, tough, aggressive, and their coaches are going t come out firing. Denver better come out with that same intensity, specifically with the coaches.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Ill believe it when i see it. I think we will do better but right now,

Broncos- 17
Hawks- 41

I'd be surprised if it's that lopsided. That said, I thought we'd throttle them in the Superbowl as well.

My humble opinion.

I don't think the most important thing this weekend is winning. I think it's attitude and how Denver plays. I would take a win over anything, but I will not be happy if we win the game in the same fom that we did the last 2 games. I want to see us going into a hostile place against a very salty team full of attitude, and not take any shit from them. I don't want to see any shit being taken on the field where Denver is getting pushed around, and I don't want to see any ***** conservative coaching plan that doesn't put the players into positions to be agressive and make plays and I want to see Denver playing to win the game with authority rather not lose the game embarassingly.

Seattle is going to be pumped up, tough, aggressive, and their coaches are going t come out firing. Denver better come out with that same intensity, specifically with the coaches.

This.

Man, I hate CenturyLink Field. Hate it.

DenBronx
09-15-2014, 04:32 PM
My humble opinion.

Even if we still played as bad as we did the last couple of games and still managed to beat the Seabirds id love it! Can't stand that team right now! I'll take the win anyday.

Runamok
09-15-2014, 04:43 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26533936/broncos-catch-seahawks-smarting-from-loss-san-diego

Interesting. My first reaction to the Seagulls loss to SD was pity the team that has to play them next. They are like to be a bit angry and determined to get back on track.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Interesting. My first reaction to the Seagulls loss to SD was pity the team that has to play them next. They are like to be a bit angry and determined to get back on track.

Sometimes that can lead to mistakes, but I agree. It's not a good week to be playing them.

Shazam!
09-15-2014, 06:07 PM
I hope Ware kills it on Sun.

wayninja
09-15-2014, 06:12 PM
We are going to beat Seattle like a 4 year old fiancee in an elevator!

ShaneFalco
09-15-2014, 07:32 PM
is it too late to replace caldwell with eddie royal?

MOtorboat
09-15-2014, 07:34 PM
is it too late to replace caldwell with eddie royal?

No, the trade deadline is in Week 6.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 07:38 PM
SEATTLE (AP) -- With Super Bowl rematch hoopla looming, the Seattle Seahawks spent Monday trying to regroup after being drained by the heat of San Diego.

The Seahawks haven't been accustomed to dealing with losses much in in the past 12 months. That helped explain the mood Monday after Sunday's 30-21 loss to the Chargers.

''They're quiet. They're quiet and serious,'' Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. ''We don't take these easily. There are very high expectations that we live with here and everybody knows that. The main thing is everybody took to heart the changes and adjustments and the things that we can fix. They were ready to do that.''

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seahawks-regrouping-first-loss-san-000632569--nfl.html

BroncoWave
09-15-2014, 07:38 PM
This is the first game in the Peyton Manning era that I am going into with absolutely zero expectations of winning. I would be really, really surprised if we went into Seattle and won, especially given how we are playing and that Seattle will be pissed after that loss.

Buff
09-15-2014, 07:42 PM
This is the first game in the Peyton Manning era that I am going into with absolutely zero expectations of winning. I would be really, really surprised if we went into Seattle and won, especially given how we are playing and that Seattle will be pissed after that loss.

I wouldn't say I have zero expectation of winning. But it is rare where I feel like we are a legitimate underdog in the Manning era.

I also think Seattle is a particularly bad matchup for us with the strength of their secondary and our finesse/timing passing offense. I think teams that can run the ball and control the clock are better suited to beat them.

BroncoWave
09-15-2014, 08:00 PM

I wouldn't say I have zero expectation of winning. But it is rare where I feel like we are a legitimate underdog in the Manning era.

I also think Seattle is a particularly bad matchup for us with the strength of their secondary and our finesse/timing passing offense. I think teams that can run the ball and control the clock are better suited to beat them.

I guess I shouldn't have said zero. It's the NFL so any team could win, but I would just be really shocked if we did it. I'm just hoping we don't get embarrassed again.

Runamok
09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
We are going to beat Seattle like a 4 year old fiancee in an elevator!

OK, I'll bite.

WTF does THAT mean?

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Bad news is I'm kind of preparing myself for a loss, so I won't be so mad. Except at Phil Simms.

Good news is the family cabin is rebuilt, and we're going up there this weekend for the first time in two years! :)

wayninja
09-15-2014, 08:06 PM
OK, I'll bite.

WTF does THAT mean?

Really? Pick up a newspaper once in a while.

Having said that, I admit the joke was overly designed for shock value and lacking in structure, taste.

OrangeHoof
09-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Don't expect that we'll win the way the Chargers did. Rivers had to make a lot of broken plays work because Seattle was getting heavy pressure on him. I know there are a lot of Rivers haters but he was amazing yesterday. Escapability is something Manning never had and particularly so at age 38. Denver's front line is going to have to be twice as good as San Diego's in order to keep Manning upright. If there's a positive, it was often Gates made plays for the Chargers and knowing we can get Thomas open on those routes too. Earl Thomas was limping around in the second half too.

I think Seattle will win but if Denver pulls it out, it will be because they got some breaks and were able to negate Seattle's pass rush.

Dzone
09-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Broncos 31 Seahawks 24
Denver wins as the Seattle season starts to unravel

tomjonesrocks
09-16-2014, 12:51 AM
The way Denver's O-line is playing, I can't fathom anyone actually expecting a win.

This lineup simply cannot run block and is a constant stream of penalties. This will be ugly.

Traveler
09-16-2014, 04:36 AM
I foresee another beat down at the hands of Seattle this week. Most everyone bought into the hype that our defense would be better and more aggressive with the additions of Ware, Talib, and Ward. I don't see it yet. There are going to be some very pissed off fans come Monday, especially if the team gets dominated physically.

I'll be shocked if the score is close.

Dzone
09-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Hows Vons groin? Cant be good to have a messed up groin to go with the knee his is trying to get over.

Northman
09-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Don't expect that we'll win the way the Chargers did. Rivers had to make a lot of broken plays work because Seattle was getting heavy pressure on him. I know there are a lot of Rivers haters but he was amazing yesterday. Escapability is something Manning never had and particularly so at age 38. Denver's front line is going to have to be twice as good as San Diego's in order to keep Manning upright. If there's a positive, it was often Gates made plays for the Chargers and knowing we can get Thomas open on those routes too. Earl Thomas was limping around in the second half too.

I think Seattle will win but if Denver pulls it out, it will be because they got some breaks and were able to negate Seattle's pass rush.

Denver getting breaks would mean the team would actually have to stop the opposing team on 3rd down and quit getting penalties to substain opponents drives.

Northman
09-16-2014, 07:41 AM
I foresee another beat down at the hands of Seattle this week. Most everyone bought into the hype that our defense would be better and more aggressive with the additions of Ware, Talib, and Ward. I don't see it yet. There are going to be some very pissed off fans come Monday, especially if the team gets dominated physically.

I'll be shocked if the score is close.

Yea, im right there with you. Despite being 2-0 nothing this team has done has given me hope we can go into there and win.

MasterShake
09-16-2014, 07:49 AM

I think Sherman is a pretty good Corner, just not quite Elite. Manning is close to 500 career TDs, and I hope number 500 is dropped over his head to Demaryius Thomas. I expect the Broncos to lose in a close one here but man it would be nice to get a win. To me they just need to prove that margin of victory in the Super Bowl was a fluke. As long as we get hot at the right time, we are good to make another run. I don't want to peak in Week 3 and then sputter. Losing to a team in the regular season in a non-conference road game is not a big deal, but HOW you lose it is due to the team we are playing. I just want to see improvement going into the early BYE, and if we win - great!

I'll admit I'm still rattled by our performance in February and its probably why I'm so critical of wins right now, but dammit this should be a statement game win or lose.

CrazyHorse
09-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Man I hate the negativity. Rather than expecting a blowout loss can't we at least hope for a win? I know Seattle is very hard to beat at home but that doesn't mean we should admit defeat before the game is even played. I sure hope the team doesn't think this way or it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Northman
09-16-2014, 08:01 AM
Man I hate the negativity. Rather than expecting a blowout loss can't we at least hope for a win? I know Seattle is very hard to beat at home but that doesn't mean we should admit defeat before the game is even played. I sure hope the team doesn't think this way or it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The team gives me nothing to be positive about. They are playing like shit. lmao

CrazyHorse
09-16-2014, 08:13 AM
The team gives me nothing to be positive about. They are playing like shit. lmao

In the last half of the past two games. They were excellent in the first halves.

Northman
09-16-2014, 08:19 AM
In the last half of the past two games. They were excellent in the first halves.

Yea, but that doesnt give me confidence that they can finish games let alone go in and take down a team that totally destroyed us in the biggest game of the year.

Traveler
09-16-2014, 08:34 AM

I'm pessimistic by nature. That way, if they do somehow win, it's good all around. If not, then it's not unexpected.

Why put yourself through hoping for a win when the team has clearly shown they have issues that play right into Seattle's strength? Our defense had trouble with a depleted KC OL, issues in the running game both offensively and defensively, and tentative game management by Fox and JDR. The team hasn't given me much confidence in any of these areas.

Don't set yourself up for the coming beatdown.

Northman
09-16-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm pessimistic by nature. That way, if they do somehow win, it's good all around. If not, then it's not unexpected.

Why put yourself through hoping for a win when the team has clearly shown they have issues that play right into Seattle's strength? Our defense had trouble with a depleted KC OL, issues in the running game both offensively and defensively, and tentative game management by Fox and JDR. The team hasn't given me much confidence in any of these areas.

Don't set yourself up for the coming beatdown.

Great point. I went into the KC game thinking we would utterly destroy them after almost giving it up to the Colts. The Broncos responded by playing worse. lmao

Ravage!!!
09-16-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm hoping the Broncos just played "down" to the Chiefs because they knew in their hearts they are so bad. But I'm with North on this one... I haven't seen ANYTHING that makes me think we can win this game...ESPECIALLY in Seattle. We should have destroyed the Chiefs, instead, we came a few yards having having to go into OT. Pathetic.

Also, for those that have been bitching about John Fox being too"converative".... its not Fox, its Manning. I can sit on my couch and KNOW when he's going to run the ball. Its soooo easy to determine. He gets so conservative and scared in certain situations. We can't ignore and give Manning all the credit for calling the plays, and then blame someone else for the conservative approach.

Idk, I just think its going to be a long season. But, we just went to the Super Bowl....so that is something to be happy about.

weazel
09-16-2014, 10:06 AM
I have decided I'm not going to watch the game, reserved a tee time instead... The Broncos haven't shown anything to think they will beat Seattle.

Seahawks 45
Broncos 20

Northman
09-16-2014, 10:14 AM
I have decided I'm not going to watch the game, reserved a tee time instead... The Broncos haven't shown anything to think they will beat Seattle.

Seahawks 45
Broncos 20

Well, you gave both teams 3 more points than i gave them. lol

I had a 41-17 score.

weazel
09-16-2014, 10:18 AM

I had a 41-17 score.

If I ended up watching the game I would just get too mad... something would get smashed in my house and I errrr my wife doesn't want that.

Bronco4ever
09-16-2014, 10:39 AM
IMHO, Denver was not as amped up for the first 2 games as they will be for this one. They still remember the embarrassment from February and will want to come to play as hard as they can. The biggest challenge of this game is that it's at the Link, which is just a craptacular place to play for opposing teams. Can we overcome the adversity to get the win? Idk, but if they can keep it close until the 4th, I think we'll have a fighting chance. To get the W, we are definitely going to need to see a better performance from the run game. I hope our crew can put it all together for this one.

Ravage!!!
09-16-2014, 10:42 AM
IMHO, Denver was not as amped up for the first 2 games as they will be for this one. They still remember the embarrassment from February and will want to come to play as hard as they can. The biggest challenge of this game is that it's at the Link, which is just a craptacular place to play for opposing teams. Can we overcome the adversity to get the win? Idk, but if they can keep it close until the 4th, I think we'll have a fighting chance. To get the W, we are definitely going to need to see a better performance from the run game. I hope our crew can put it all together for this one.

Better blocking...better passing.... not be so damned conservative....(its ok to throw the ball when inside your own 10, Peyton, its ok).. MUCH better run defense.

dogfish
09-16-2014, 06:40 PM
f*** all this poosy talk. . . i ride with nomad!

The BRONCOS will take care of business in Seattle....first home loss for the Seahawks will be this Sunday.

:defense:

wayninja
09-16-2014, 07:46 PM

I had a 41-17 score.

You might re-check it on a calculator.

I think we win this game. Not sure why, I just think we will. I never have any problem being a downer and saying we have no hope when I don't think we do. But my gut tells me we will pull this one out.

Of course, my gut has been known to be a puking whore, so who knows.

OrangeHoof
09-16-2014, 08:07 PM
The hurry-up got things going for the offense vs. KC. I'd like to see them try some of that against Seattle. Force their defense to play up tempo and you might get some defensive breakdowns.

NightTerror218
09-16-2014, 11:39 PM
This would be my dream game for everything to click. Defense gel and play to their potential. Offense just put more points up a and run ball well.

TXBRONC
09-17-2014, 07:10 AM
I hate that guy with a passion.

You mad bro? :D

CrazyHorse
09-17-2014, 08:05 AM
To beat the Seahawks the Broncos have to establish the run early to lessen the pressure on Manning. They can't be afraid of taking chances down field either. If they try the same dink and dunk offense they played in the Super Bowl it won't be pretty. The defense needs to get off the field on third downs too. They absolutely cannot afford to turn the ball over and have to finally put a complete game playing all 4 quarters. If all of this happens I like our chances.

Northman
09-17-2014, 08:36 AM
They can't be afraid of taking chances down field either. If they try the same dink and dunk offense they played in the Super Bowl it won't be pretty..

Ive noticed this too. While i understand we cant just bomb it on every play i feel they do not take more chances but once in a blue moon. But, i would rather us take a shot down the field on a 3rd and 6 instead of throwing a 3 yd pass that doesnt get the first down anyway. We cant be afraid to keep the defenses honest, we have to mix it up otherwise bringing in guys like Sanders will just go to waste.

OrangeHoof
09-17-2014, 09:31 AM
You have to let them think everything is in front of them before you beat them deep. DeMaryius does a good job of that. He'll lull you for awhile and then bust a deep route and make you run with him. Having Sanders gives us two weapons who could all of the sudden turn on the jets and get behind you.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 09:46 AM
DT had Sherman beat on a deep route once, but Manning didn't have time to get the ball there. For us to win we have to consistently give Manning 3 seconds, or else the corners will press, and the lb's and SS will beat the crap out of our WR's on the short routes. We have to keep them honest, like SD did.

wayninja
09-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Hopefully Wes being back will make our stuttering offense a bit smoother.

Hawgdriver
09-17-2014, 11:40 AM
It's a tall task, but if the Broncos can do this, they will win:

1. Contain Harvin
2. Keep Wilson in the pocket
3. Give Manning a clean pocket and time to throw the deep ball
4. Stun the crowd--thinking pick 6, strip sack, convincing lead
5. Force the issue on 3d down--don't give Wilson time to extend the play

weazel
09-17-2014, 12:20 PM
The hurry-up got things going for the offense vs. KC. I'd like to see them try some of that against Seattle. Force their defense to play up tempo and you might get some defensive breakdowns.

The Chargers beat Seattle by consuming the clock... hurry up offense is falls right into the Seahawks game.

Northman
09-17-2014, 01:02 PM
The Chargers beat Seattle by consuming the clock... hurry up offense is falls right into the Seahawks game.

Yea, i dont think we can control clock. I mean shit, KC had a 10 minute drive end in a missed FG. I dont think we can even do that.... lol

weazel
09-17-2014, 01:05 PM
The Chargers had the ball for 42 minutes in that game

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 01:06 PM
The Chargers had the ball for 42 minutes in that game

The Chargers probably have the best ball control offense in the NFL.

dogfish
09-17-2014, 08:38 PM
IMO, the number one thing we need to do is, plain and simple, go in focused and play a clean game. . . if the boys can play sixty minutes of turnover-free football, and limit the damage from penalties, it sets the table for a win. . . you make mistakes against a good team on the road, in front of a raucous crowd, it really hurts your odds. . .

i do wish manning and/or gase would consider chipping with the TEs a bit more instead of relying on the backs so heavily. . . two of our OLs are playing new positions, and one's coming off a major injury. . . give 'em a little extra help until they hit their stride. . .

Hawgdriver
09-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Is Earl Thomas out?

TXBRONC
09-17-2014, 10:39 PM
IMO, the number one thing we need to do is, plain and simple, go in focused and play a clean game. . . if the boys can play sixty minutes of turnover-free football, and limit the damage from penalties, it sets the table for a win. . . you make mistakes against a good team on the road, in front of a racous crowd, it really hurts your odds. . .

i do wish manning and/or gase would consider chipping with the TEs a bit more instead of relying on the backs so heavily. . . two of our OLs are playing new positions, and one's coming off a major injury. . . give 'em a little extra help until they hit their stride. . .

This nails it on what it will take to have a chance to beat Seattle in Seattle.