PDA

View Full Version : Petition to ban Phil Simms from broadcasting Bronco games

Pages : [1] 2

Broncos Mtnman
09-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Phil Simms is an idiot, we all know that. But according to some fans, his bias against the Broncos has reached cronic proportions. Check this out:

What do we have to do to get Phil Simms off the broadcast for Bronco games? We do not know why he is assigned to the Broncos games every year. It is sure and complete torture for us Bronco Fans to have to listen to his biased drivel every week.

If you would like to help us make a change please sign this Petition to ban Phill Simms from broadcasting Bronco games in the future.
https://www.change.org/p/cbs-ban-phil-simms-from-broadcasting-bronco-games#share

OrangeHoof
09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
I haven't detected a specific anti-Bronco bias but Simms is a moron that probably took too many hits to the head. He repeatedly spouts inanities that make me reach for the remote.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I use to really enjoy Simms, but last night he was intolerable. I wonder if something happened in the last two years that gave him a dislike for the Broncos.

weazel
09-15-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm a little more worried about the play of the Broncos than the words of a commentator... This is stupid.

Don't like the announcer? hit mute.

Dzone
09-15-2014, 09:57 AM
cant synch the game with 850 koa because the radio broadcast is about a minute behind the tv. I dont notice the broadcasters much but I guess simms said that dan reeves should be in the hall of fame

Northman
09-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Simms is an idiot and does come across as Anti-Bronco. Whether or not that has to do with his son playing in Denver or just that he roots for the underdog i dont know. Not sure i would worry about signing a petition as i really dont pay him any mind anyway.

Buff
09-15-2014, 10:08 AM
I think Simms is one of the better color analysts - I'm always pleased when we get Nantz/Simms.

I didn't detect any anti-Bronco bias. If anything, he's probably trying to build up a 13 point underdog who is playing better than expected - while the Broncos play worse than expected - to make the game more relevant to the national audience.

slim
09-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I never really bought into the Simms anti-Bronco thing....but last night was pretty bad.

Buff
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
I never really bought into the Simms anti-Bronco thing....but last night was pretty bad.

Are there examples of what everyone is so up in arms about? I didn't give him a second thought until I've seen everyone talking about him.

LawDog
09-15-2014, 10:15 AM
I heard he went to Elway's and they gave him a table right next to the kitchen. He's been pissy ever since...

slim
09-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Are there examples of what everyone is so up in arms about? I didn't give him a second thought until I've seen everyone talking about him.

I had a few beers in me, so I don't recall any exact quotes. I just remember thinking "this guy is an idiot" more than a few times.

I never really said that about him before last night.

GEM
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
We cut his kid.

GEM
09-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Every challenge flag Walrus tossed out there, Phil made the case that the Broncos screwed up and the call was going against us....each went in our favor. He talked up the Chiefs while talking down the Broncos the entire game. On numerous occasions I told him to ****.

Hawgdriver
09-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Whoa. You told him to ****?

GEM
09-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Whoa. You told him to ****?

Yep, my dad was laughing at me. Phil you need to ****....

After my tirade, I laughed at myself for yelling at the tv.

Mike
09-15-2014, 11:10 AM
It's not like I am rooting for the Chiefs or anything.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2014, 11:10 AM

He kept talking up the Chiefs while not saying much about the Broncos. As one point I thought "I wonder what the score is, because the way Phil is talking it sounds like KC is killing Denver." It was 21-10. I thought it was a little weird. But I also agree that he was probably just trying to talk up the losing team to make it sound like a better game. He was also right that we got some help on a few calls. I still think the Smith sack should have been a fumble though.

weazel
09-15-2014, 11:30 AM
easy fix... watch the game on mute and listen to the feed on 850KOA. The feed is delayed about a minutes so just pause your DVR for a minute and you are synced. If you dont get 850KOA get sirius... but I live 1000 miles from Denver and I pick up that station occasionally... AM travels a great distance.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 11:31 AM
It appears this article is in regards to a week 1 game this yer

Not everyone shares that opinion. As CBS aired the first replay of Chris Ivory’s 71-yard touchdown run Sunday, Phil Simms took issue with the Jets running back for quickly raising his arm and giving the old we’re No. 1 sign, flashing his index finger as he crossed Oakland’s 35-yard-line on his way to paydirt.

“Oh, what was he doing there?” a haughty, incredulous Simms asked.

“A little early on the celebration,” Jim Nantz contended.

Simms made his point, but decided enough was not enough.

AND

For imagine what Simms, and other NFL analysts, would’ve been saying about the Jets if the Raiders had walked out of the Swamp a winner. They verbally would’ve given Gang Green the finger.

Just not the one Chris Ivory raised.

rest - http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/raissman-review-chris-ivory-coast-irks-phil-simms-article-1.1931813

Another current article

CBS’s Phil Simms considers not using ‘Redskins’ on Thursday Night Football broadcast

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/08/18/cbss-phil-simms-considers-not-using-redskins-on-thursday-night-football-broadcast/

If he does not use "Redskins" on the broadcast, I am sure this will upset some of the Redskins' fans. There are probably examples out there where what he has said has upset fans of every football team.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Bob Knight hates Kentucky. One time he wouldn't say the name.

weazel
09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
does everyone in the world live to be offended, now days?

Dapper Dan
09-15-2014, 11:43 AM
does everyone in the world live to be offended, now days?

It makes for big stories.

tomjonesrocks
09-15-2014, 11:45 AM
It was bad. Really bad.

Either we get Simms siding completely with any opposition, or we get Dierdorf stroking the Ravens. It really does suck. I'd rather listen to random podcasters call the game.

Joel
09-15-2014, 11:51 AM
We do not know why he is assigned to the Broncos games every year.
Sure we do: Simms and Nantz are (inexplicably) CBS' marquee duo, so they get each weeks top AFC matchup, which usually means ours, because we've only had 3 losing seasons in the last 25 years, and only 5 since Elway was a rookie. It's a good thing Fox isn't held to the standards that got Reeves and Shanny fired (but that's a separate rant.) As long CBS considers Simms and Nantz their top pair and we're a top team, they'll call most of our games, and even when a bigger came claims them we'll get stuck with a HOF SD QB who's not exactly a Denver fan either.

For what it's worth, I think GEM and the others have it right: Simms has never forgiven us cutting his kid; that's when I first noticed his bias, but it always there before my notice.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Nance/Simms will be doing Broncos at Seattle

GEM
09-15-2014, 12:24 PM

Hang on....I need use to the restroom. I just puked in my mouth a little bit.

GEM
09-15-2014, 12:25 PM
N-NrPOMBKnw

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Hang on....I need use to the restroom. I just puked in my mouth a little bit.

I do not listen to what they say. I am TOO nervous watching the game to care about that.

Nomad
09-15-2014, 12:51 PM
easy fix... watch the game on mute and listen to the feed on 850KOA. The feed is delayed about a minutes so just pause your DVR for a minute and you are synced. If you dont get 850KOA get sirius... but I live 1000 miles from Denver and I pick up that station occasionally... AM travels a great distance.

^^^^^^This!! I don't listen to what the commentators are saying to begin with:lol:

Nomad
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM

When I see Nantz and Simms calling a BRONCOS game, that means it's the game of the week for CBS, and will be on TV here:D

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 01:28 PM
I hate him, and I don't care how irrational it is. Those that disagree can GFYS.

I won't sign the petition, however. It is just sometimes fun to vent your frustrations on someone. Phil is an easy target for multiple reasons.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2014, 01:31 PM
It bugs me because I use to really like to listen to him, but he seemed to argue that every call should go against the Broncos. Now, the offside calls, those are obvious, but the way he argued the "incomplete pass" by Smith really annoyed me. The only reason Smith's arm was going forward was because he got drilled in the back as he he was bringing his arm up. Then, you can see he's clearly trying to grasp the ball with his left hand when it slips out of his grasp. To rule that an incomplete pass is a ridiculous way to interpret that rule. Dungy was laughing loudly about it in the studio later.

weazel
09-15-2014, 01:45 PM
It bugs me because I use to really like to listen to him, but he seemed to argue that every call should go against the Broncos. Now, the offside calls, those are obvious, but the way he argued the "incomplete pass" by Smith really annoyed me. The only reason Smith's arm was going forward was because he got drilled in the back as he he was bringing his arm up. Then, you can see he's clearly trying to grasp the ball with his left hand when it slips out of his grasp. To rule that an incomplete pass is a ridiculous way to interpret that rule. Dungy was laughing loudly about it in the studio later.

The Smith play was a fumble, but so was Emanual Sanders'

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 44m

Efforting an interview with Phil Simms. Will keep you updated.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 4h

Broadcasters root for close games. Always. That's not a tough concept to understand.

.@alanr19 If you don't like his style, fine. Don't disagree. But to say he's biased against the Broncos, that's poopy.
View conversation

.@AnthonyRod33 No, Simms is not "mad" at the Broncos. You people are reaching today.

VonDoom
09-15-2014, 02:03 PM

Broadcasters root for close games. Always. That's not a tough concept to understand.

.@alanr19 If you don't like his style, fine. Don't disagree. But to say he's biased against the Broncos, that's poopy.
View conversation

.@AnthonyRod33 No, Simms is not "mad" at the Broncos. You people are reaching today.

I respectfully disagree with Vic here. Unless we're always winning games early so "rooting for a close game" means that he is always pulling for the other team, but I don't buy that.

VonDoom
09-15-2014, 02:05 PM
The Smith play was a fumble, but so was Emanual Sanders'

I'm surprised I haven't seen any articles from the national media on the Smith fumble; I know a lot of writers like to parse the rules for fun. I saw it as a fumble and nothing convinced me otherwise, even the rules expert they had on CBS.

The Sanders play I'm not as sure, and I'm not being a homer about it. The one angle they kept showing made it look like the ball touched the ground, or at least made it inconclusive in the review. I can say that he sure thought it was incomplete, given the way he acted (not getting up to make a football move, dropping the ball before contact, etc).

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen any articles from the national media on the Smith fumble; I know a lot of writers like to parse the rules for fun. I saw it as a fumble and nothing convinced me otherwise, even the rules expert they had on CBS.

The Sanders play I'm not as sure, and I'm not being a homer about it. The one angle they kept showing made it look like the ball touched the ground, or at least made it inconclusive in the review. I can say that he sure thought it was incomplete, given the way he acted (not getting up to make a football move, dropping the ball before contact, etc).

I had a hard time with the Smith fumble - sure looked like one to me.

Sanders: I am a homer, but it sure looked to me like he caught it, then just dropped it. I think he realized he wasn't going anywhere and would be a loss on the play.

tripp
09-15-2014, 03:00 PM
We have Jim Nantz and Phil Simms again next week-end in Seattle. I was sort of hoping this was covered by Fox and not CBS.

Can anyone remember anything positive Phil had to say about the Broncos yesterday? Phil had to make it clear because even he knew how much he was going on about the Chiefs, he made it clear that he's isn't favouring them. He has to realize that there isn't just Chiefs, and unbiased football fans watching this game and hearing him talk. We're listening too, and it's not enjoyable listening to a commentator who is talking about the Chiefs the entire time and how they can get back into the game, etc etc. I would have the same issue if Simms was talking about the Broncos the entire time, just call a good game. Quit explaining why the Broncos won't win this call, or why the Chiefs will win the call, or why the sun shines out of Alex Smith's ass.

I expect this kind of crap from Dan Fouts when the Broncos are playing the Chargers, but not from CBS' "Premier crew".

tripp
09-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m
Phil Simms should not have said, "I don't mean to root against Denver but ... " Did he say that? Morehead State taught him better.

Slick
09-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Does Simms have a twitter account? You guys should troll him.

VonDoom
09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
We have Jim Nantz and Phil Simms again next week-end in Seattle. I was sort of hoping this was covered by Fox and not CBS.

Can anyone remember anything positive Phil had to say about the Broncos yesterday? Phil had to make it clear because even he knew how much he was going on about the Chiefs, he made it clear that he's isn't favouring them. He has to realize that there isn't just Chiefs, and unbiased football fans watching this game and hearing him talk. We're listening too, and it's not enjoyable listening to a commentator who is talking about the Chiefs the entire time and how they can get back into the game, etc etc. I would have the same issue if Simms was talking about the Broncos the entire time, just call a good game. Quit explaining why the Broncos won't win this call, or why the Chiefs will win the call, or why the sun shines out of Alex Smith's ass.

I expect this kind of crap from Dan Fouts when the Broncos are playing the Chargers, but not from CBS' "Premier crew".

I believe he had some nice words to say about CJ Anderson, if I remember correctly. Something about how explosive he runs, "like it's the last carry he'll ever get" or something to that effect. That's about all I can recall.

Also, the national broadcast is dictated by the road team's conference, so I knew next week would be on CBS. If the game were in Denver, it'd be on Fox.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
I din't have a problem with Phil Simms... at all. I had a problem with how the Broncos were playing. Phil wasn't biased in the least.

gregbroncs
09-15-2014, 03:53 PM
The Smith fumble looked like a fumble, If there is no longer a tuck rule a guy hitting your arm forward should not count as an incomplete pass. The Sanders fumble looked like the ball hit the ground to me, his arms were not under the ball and it change position as they hit the ground. I may be biased though.
The one call Simms made that bothered me is when they called holding on the Chiefs, In the replay the Olineman had the Bronco in a head lock with his entire arm around the guys head and Simms said something to the effect that if the offensive player had not "Acted" like he was being held it would not have been called and should not have been called. Last I checked if you have your arm all the way around a guys head it is definitely holding.

BroncoWave
09-15-2014, 03:59 PM
The Smith fumble looked like a fumble, If there is no longer a tuck rule a guy hitting your arm forward should not count as an incomplete pass. The Sanders fumble looked like the ball hit the ground to me, his arms were not under the ball and it change position as they hit the ground. I may be biased though.
The one call Simms made that bothered me is when they called holding on the Chiefs, In the replay the Olineman had the Bronco in a head lock with his entire arm around the guys head and Simms said something to the effect that if the offensive player had not "Acted" like he was being held it would not have been called and should not have been called. Last I checked if you have your arm all the way around a guys head it is definitely holding.

During that same sequence he was also being very condescending about Broncos fans for wanting a call there. Like we were a bunch of dumb homers that didn't know the rules.

Poet
09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
He does have a tendency to make an opinion and stick with it. When an opinion is being formed during a game, it's going to irritate people when said opinion is against their team. He called the Bengals Chargers playoff game last year, and man he was really supportive of my team and Dalton. It was only well into the third quarter that he started to point out flaws in the Bengals. I doubt Charger fans cared at THAT point, as history is history.

I don't think that he's biased against the Broncos.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 04:17 PM
He does have a tendency to make an opinion and stick with it. When an opinion is being formed during a game, it's going to irritate people when said opinion is against their team. He called the Bengals Chargers playoff game last year, and man he was really supportive of my team and Dalton. It was only well into the third quarter that he started to point out flaws in the Bengals. I doubt Charger fans cared at THAT point, as history is history.

I don't think that he's biased against the Broncos.

You're stupid.

Runamok
09-15-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm a little more worried about the play of the Broncos than the words of a commentator... This is stupid.

Roger that.

I dunno what thise guys are thinking. CBS ain't goning to be swayed by a few fans who have no real other choice but to watch their telecast anyways.

These kinds a protests make people wonder if the new weed laws are ok.

Besides which, I like Simms

Poet
09-15-2014, 04:19 PM
You're stupid.

You're a mewling little whiner who is soft and dumb.

So there!

DenBronx
09-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Long story short is basically this, if Alex Smith would have dropped trow Sims would have sucked him off right then and there.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 04:26 PM
You're a mewling little whiner who is soft and dumb.

So there!

Now that was mean. I don't like you anymore.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 04:28 PM
I guess a lot of you don't listen to the announcers. That's cool - I usually enjoy hearing their commentary.

But to say Simms isn't a hater is ridiculous. He's never liked the Broncos/Elway and yesterday he was in rare (or not-so-rare) form.

Runamok
09-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I guess a lot of you don't listen to the announcers. That's cool - I usually enjoy hearing their commentary.

But to say Simms isn't a hater is ridiculous. He's never liked the Broncos/Elway and yesterday he was in rare (or not-so-rare) form.

Youre probly just pissed because he didn't affirm your own POV about how wonderful and infallible the Broncos are. I get that.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Youre probly just pissed because he didn't affirm your own POV about how wonderful and infallible the Broncos are. I get that.

No, but when he talks positively about the opponent 98.7% of the time, and barely mentions the Broncos except to criticize, it's pretty apparent.

Granted, we didn't do much to be thrilled about yesterday but he was swinging from their nuts like a monkey in an African jungle wearing a Chiefs t shirt Sunday.

Runamok
09-15-2014, 04:53 PM
No, but when he talks positively about the opponent 98.7% of the time, and barely mentions the Broncos except to criticize, it's pretty apparent.

Granted, we didn't do much to be thrilled about yesterday but he was swinging from their nuts like a monkey in an African jungle wearing a Chiefs t shirt Sunday.

Agreed, that could be annoying. But I have listened to Simms for years covering a lot of different teams and can't say I ever noticed anything remotely looking like bias.

Course, that could a been cause he didn't have an axe to grind with any of them, I guess. I still think the "bias" that we fans get upset with is more a result of our own bias and think the analysts should be reflecting our POV.

G_Money
09-15-2014, 05:11 PM
It's mostly that Phil will say moronic things that he's never contradicted on, and that he tends to talk about the opposition when the Broncos are doing well, and about the opposition when they're doing well.

I mind his idiocy more than his habit of focusing more on whomever the Broncos are playing than on Denver themselves. I already know more about my team than the national guy, so if he's talking about my team then I want the info from the coaches and players meetings that the broadcasters are privy too. I don't need him to be "on my side" just to cough up his interview knowledge.

Failing that, I need him not to be an imbecile. Simms is an imbecile - or at least, I notice even more of his imbecilic statements when they're about a team I know very well.

I wish he was better prepared - and willing to share that preparation with his audience. Certainly the Denver side of his audience.

G_Money
09-15-2014, 05:14 PM
When we get other guys who cover the team (ie, we aren't the #1 national game that week so Simms isn't doing the game, or it isn't on CBS) they tend to talk more about both teams evenly. That's when you notice that Simms the Color Guy is adding far less of the color I'd like to see in broadcasts.

weazel
09-15-2014, 05:27 PM

to be fair, there was a lot to criticize about the Broncos yesterday. I thought the Cheifs played really well considering the talent level of that team.

BroncoWave
09-15-2014, 05:43 PM
I'll say it again. Phil Simms literally said during the game "I'm not rooting for the Chiefs, but"

Why would he have to say that if he didn't notice how biased he was sounding?

tomjonesrocks
09-15-2014, 06:01 PM
I respectfully disagree with Vic here. Unless we're always winning games early so "rooting for a close game" means that he is always pulling for the other team, but I don't buy that.

Heard him on the radio on this topic and he was talking out of his ass. He hadn't even heard the game call before saying fans were wrong about this.

DenBronx
09-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Lol the yahoo article on this story is rather funny.

It's actually gaining steam and I think they have the 5000 signatures the wanted already...and counting.

If THIS MANY Broncos fans are pissed off about it then it has legs.

Signed

DenBronx
09-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Whu cant we get Gus Johnson?? Come on already!

wayninja
09-15-2014, 06:05 PM
I found it funny how ULTRA sensitive he got after saying the sanders fumble would be overturned and was wrong. He was so butthurt about it that it actually generated some awkward silence between him and Nantz.

I usually like Simms, he's often somewhat insightful, but yesterday was one of the more biased/slanted games I've seen from him in recent memory.

ShaneFalco
09-15-2014, 06:37 PM
im just sick of him from madden.

Apollo
09-15-2014, 07:39 PM
It's a wonder how half of these sports presenters get jobs. Most of them are totally clueless. Signed.

Joel
09-15-2014, 07:41 PM
It's mostly that Phil will say moronic things that he's never contradicted on....
That's much of it for me: Not just that Simms' favorite team is the Giants and whoever plays Denver, nor even his habitual observations that remind viewers he rode Parcells' D to a pair of Super Bowls, but that Nantz always hangs on his every imbecilic word. If anyone's fellating anyone else in the broadcast booth, it's the Conference USA golfer clearly awed to be in the presence of a real live NFL player.

Buff
09-15-2014, 07:47 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Simms is actually quite good at his job. One of the best.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 07:50 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Simms is actually quite good at his job. One of the best.

You're stupid.

Buff
09-15-2014, 07:52 PM
You're stupid.

You should petition to have me banned. :D

BroncoJoe
09-15-2014, 07:53 PM

That's not a bad idea!

spikerman
09-15-2014, 08:06 PM
On the Sanders "fumble" - what nobody is talking about is that even if it had been ruled that he caught it, I don't think the Chiefs would have gotten the ball. When he is first contacted by a Chiefs defender his right knee was on the ground. Now, it's possible that he dropped the ball before contact, but it's so bang-bang that i believe he would have been ruled down by contact.

wayninja
09-15-2014, 08:21 PM
On the Sanders "fumble" - what nobody is talking about is that even if it had been ruled that he caught it, I don't think the Chiefs would have gotten the ball. When he is first contacted by a Chiefs defender his right knee was on the ground. Now, it's possible that he dropped the ball before contact, but it's so bang-bang that i believe he would have been ruled down by contact.

That was effectively the reasoning behind not overturning it. You simply can't tell if there was contact before he dropped it.

Joel
09-15-2014, 09:31 PM
It was briefly mentioned during the review, but by an NFL ref, not Simms nor Nantz. When the play happened I was screaming contact can't cause a fumble if his knee's on the ground, but the replay showed the contact (probably) didn't cause the fumble; what it didn't show, even in slo mo, was whether the contact was before or after the fumble: It was that close. So no fumble.

What I DID find interesting was that they upheld the incomplete pass ruling on the field rather than saying Sanders was down by contact where contacted, because I did think he had possession and control.

SWotRR
09-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Looks like the goal of 25,000 will be reached in less than an hour. From what i can tell it was started just this morning.

DenBronx
09-15-2014, 09:50 PM
The goal was originally only 5000. Guess they shattered that.

wayninja
09-15-2014, 09:58 PM
The goal was originally only 5000. Guess they shattered that.

They are just giants fans angry that Simms got all the credit while the defense and Joe Morris did all the work.

Broncos Mtnman
09-15-2014, 10:05 PM

Don't like a thread? Well, you know...

Broncos Mtnman
09-15-2014, 10:13 PM

View conversation

Vic is an idiot too. No surprise he supports the network big wigs.

Broncos Mtnman
09-15-2014, 10:18 PM

I'd sign it! :D

Simple Jaded
09-15-2014, 10:21 PM
We should rent a billboard.

wayninja
09-15-2014, 10:25 PM
A billboard? Does Tebow have an out clause from GMA?

Buff
09-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Awful Announcing picked up the story about our stupid petition. I'm so embarrassed of you people.

weazel
09-16-2014, 10:08 AM

The ball was out of his hand before the Cheif touched him... it was a fumble.

weazel
09-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Don't like a thread? Well, you know...

I said I didn't like the thread? odd I don't recall that.

now what can I tell you to suck? well, you know...

Northman
09-16-2014, 10:12 AM
The ball was out of his hand before the Cheif touched him... it was a fumble.

I dont think so. I think the the Chief hit his helmet before his hand knocked it out.

aberdien
09-16-2014, 10:15 AM
I can't believe people actually care about this.

weazel
09-16-2014, 10:16 AM
I dont think so. I think the the Chief hit his helmet before his hand knocked it out.

When we looked at it on the DVR it looked like it came out first to us, but it was so close... It makes me think about how much replay has changed the game, everything is scrutinized to death.

tubby
09-16-2014, 10:17 AM
I just signed it. Eff Phil Simms!

BroncoJoe
09-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Awful Announcing picked up the story about our stupid petition. I'm so embarrassed of you people.

So in other words, just another day for you?

tomjonesrocks
09-16-2014, 10:40 AM
One of my favorite Simms calls ever was last year in the playoffs vs NE. Brady misses *badly* on a wide open man on a deep out -- would have been a huge gain but instead forced a punt.

Simms: "Sometimes you throw the ball so well it goes a little farther than you wanted it to go" :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-16-2014, 10:43 AM
One of my favorite Simms calls ever was last year in the playoffs vs NE. Brady misses *badly* on a wide open man on a deep out -- would have been a huge gain but instead forced a punt.

Simms: "Sometimes you throw the ball so well it goes a little farther than you wanted it to go" :lol:

See... I think his positive spins on things like that are funny. I think I just 'get' his humor.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-16-2014, 10:54 AM
See... I think his positive spins on things like that are funny. I think I just 'get' his humor.

He actually use to be my favorite announcer. I loved listening to him call Bronco games, which he has done for over 16 years. However, something seems different now. I just don't like listening to him anymore.

Also, to those who would tell me to mute it, no, I shouldn't have to do that. Part of the experience is hearing the sounds of the stadium.

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Didn't get any biased remarks from Simms whatsoever. Dude is just telling his opinion and you can agree or disagree but LMAO at this petition thing going around.

tomjonesrocks
09-16-2014, 01:58 PM
On Reddit at the Denver Broncos subreddit, a poster gives instructions for those with 5.1 and 7.1 sound systems on how to filter out Simms but leave in the game sound (disconnect center channel, etc).

Pretty sweet; too bad I use a soundbar -- but for those with surround guess you are in luck.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2014, 02:00 PM
On Reddit at the Denver Broncos subreddit, a poster gives instructions for those with 5.1 and 7.1 sound systems on how to filter out Simms but leave in the game sound (disconnect center channel, etc).

Pretty sweet; too bad I use a soundbar -- but for those with surround guess you are in luck.

I saw that. Well, I skimmed over it. It seemed like a lot to read.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2014, 02:19 PM
IMO, if the network does anything in regards to this petition, I would imagine at the most, they would mention it to Simms.

AND

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 14h

FYI. Broncos have won 10 straight with Nantz-Simms in the booth. You wanna mess with that mojo?

Hawgdriver
09-16-2014, 02:21 PM
IMO, if the network does anything in regards to this petition, I would imagine at the most, they would mention it to Simms.

AND

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 14h

FYI. Broncos have won 10 straight with Nantz-Simms in the booth. You wanna mess with that mojo?

Vic told Simms.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Vic told Simms.

Did Vic call him when he was on thefan, or what?

tomjonesrocks
09-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Vic told Simms.

Vic was being an idiot on the radio and saying the fans were wrong before even hearing the broadcast. Said he was going to sit down with the game and write down every positive and negative thing about both teams and compare.

Am sure he didn't follow through but I'd like to see the list.

Northman
09-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Where was that d1ck Simms for the SB then? F him. lol

Hawgdriver
09-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Vic described the call after the fact during the afternoon segment, he was on the phone with Big Al and D-Mac. Said Simms was flabbergasted.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2014, 03:04 PM
CBS analyst Phil Simms caused a stir in August when he said he is considering not using the Redskins name when announcing games. In addition to working a Sunday game each week, Simms and broadcast partner Jim Nantz will call CBS’ slate of Thursday night games. The Redskins host the Giants at FedEx Field next Thursday.

“My very first thought is it will be ‘Washington’ the whole game,” Simms said of how he’ll handle the Redskins name during the broadcast of that game.

That’s a disturbing thought to a number of Redskins fans, including some from the Facebook group “Save the Redskins,” who started a petition on Change.org to remove Simms from any future Redskins’ broadcasts.

rest - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/09/16/redskins-and-broncos-fans-start-separate-petitions-to-ban-phil-simms-from-calling-games/

Ravage!!!
09-16-2014, 03:29 PM
rest - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/09/16/redskins-and-broncos-fans-start-separate-petitions-to-ban-phil-simms-from-calling-games/

I think my IQ dropped a couple points after reading that...... and my IQ can't withstand that kind of loss.

slim
09-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Vic was being an idiot on the radio and saying the fans were wrong before even hearing the broadcast. Said he was going to sit down with the game and write down every positive and negative thing about both teams and compare.

Am sure he didn't follow through but I'd like to see the list.

I re-watched the first half last night and he had plenty of nice things to say about Denver.

BroncoJoe
09-16-2014, 03:43 PM
I re-watched the first half last night and he had plenty of nice things to say about Denver.

You're stupid.

ShaneFalco
09-16-2014, 04:10 PM
24,000 signatures in 24 hours

slim
09-16-2014, 04:13 PM
You're stupid.

True. I will check out the second half tonight and let you know my findings.

Northman
09-16-2014, 04:28 PM
True. I will check out the second half tonight and let you know my findings.

Lmao

Joel
09-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Where was that d1ck Simms for the SB then? F him. lol
For what it's worth, he and Dick Enberg called Elways first SB win. We hadn't cut Chris Simms yet though.... ;)

Been thinking about this for a while, and believe the easiest most diplomatic thing to do is to just consistently call them "the 'Skins," which many people often do already. That acknowledges the mascot without inviting any hell-raising from either side (not that anyone ever awaits invitation.)

Ravage!!!
09-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Been thinking about this for a while, and believe the easiest most diplomatic thing to do is to just consistently call them "the 'Skins," which many people often do already. That acknowledges the mascot without inviting any hell-raising from either side (not that anyone ever awaits invitation.)

I think that's a pretty reasonable way of going about it. It allows for Phil to have his moral standings and perspective without offending the Washington fans that would wish him to do otherwise.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-16-2014, 05:37 PM
For what it's worth, he and Dick Enberg called Elways first SB win. We hadn't cut Chris Simms yet though.... ;)

I loved listening to Endberg.

Buff
09-16-2014, 05:39 PM

24,000 douchebags

Northman
09-16-2014, 05:39 PM

Or... you can just do what i do and call them the foreskins but then dicks everywhere will rise up and probably spit on him.

BroncoWave
09-16-2014, 05:40 PM
24,000 douchebags

I wasn't going to sign it but I think I will now just to annoy you. :)

slim
09-16-2014, 05:41 PM

That is like 1,000 per hour.

DenBronx
09-16-2014, 05:46 PM
One things for sure, whether you agree or not, when Bronco fans want their voices heard we are heard dammit!

tubby
09-16-2014, 05:46 PM
24,000 douchebags

Your lisp is so $$$ when you say douchebags. I can hear it in my head right now.

Buff
09-16-2014, 05:49 PM

What are you, some kind of a mathma-tishin?

Buff
09-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Your lisp is so $$$ when you say douchebags. I can hear it in my head right now.

You and falco should go protest the next game. Fight the power!

slim
09-16-2014, 05:50 PM
What are you, some kind of a mathma-tishin?

and Joe thinks I'm stoopid....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Since the game is at Seattle, an NFC team, in years past, FOX did the NFC games, and CBS would do the game if the home team was in the AFC. Has something changed?

Buff
09-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Since the game is at Seattle, an NFC team, in years past, FOX did the NFC games, and CBS would do the game if the home team was in the AFC. Has something changed?

I think it's actually the reverse now, and is based on the visiting team:

Under the current contracts, the regional Sunday games (1 p.m. "early" and 4 p.m. "late" games Eastern time) are split into AFC and NFC "packages". Each package is held by a single network; as of 2013, CBS holds the AFC package, and Fox holds the NFC package. These packages consist of Sunday afternoon games during each week of the regular season, a single game for each network on Thanksgiving, wild card games, divisional playoff games and the respective conference championship game for each network.

The "AFC package" for CBS is summarized as the following:

--All afternoon games in which the visiting team is from the AFC
-- If there are not enough games to broadcast, then a game in which the home team is from the AFC will be played (against the NFC); this has never happened.

The "NFC package" for Fox is summarized as the following:

--All afternoon games in which the visiting team is from the NFC
---If there are not enough games to broadcast, then a game in which the home team is from the NFC will be played (against the AFC); this has happened only once (Denver Broncos–Minnesota Vikings during Week 13 of the 2011 season). The NFL permitted the game's move from CBS to Fox due to the fact that Fox initially had just two games in the early (1 p.m./ET) time slot under the NFL's flex schedule scenario.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_on_television

BroncoWave
09-16-2014, 06:29 PM
It's actually kind of impressive how much this has blown up. I wonder if Simms will address it at all during the game Sunday.

Northman
09-16-2014, 06:38 PM
It's actually kind of impressive how much this has blown up. I wonder if Simms will address it at all during the game Sunday.

Probably will be funny. He will probably come out with some kind of joke which is understandable.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Since the arrival of Peyton Manning, which was preceded by the miracle Tim Tebow team and two Super Bowls from John Elway, the Denver Broncos have been one of the more successful NFL franchises. So, naturally, it is time for them to complain about something.

The constant media love affair with Manning and the Broncos mean CBS sends out their A-team broadcasting group of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms to most games. Simms has drawn the ire of Broncos fans as being heavily biased against the Broncos, and to show their disapproval they’ve started a petition to have him banned from doing Broncos games ever again.

Seriously.

rest - http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/09/15/unsatisfied-success-broncos-fans-complain-phil-simms/

wayninja
09-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Probably will be funny. He will probably come out with some kind of joke which is understandable.

Yeah, something like "Well, my son didn't get the benefit of a petition, but...."

MasterShake
09-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Its probably been brought up already, but I guarantee you Chiefs fans were complaining about how Simms was "sucking up to Manning" the entire game! :lol:

I have commentators I don't like because I think they are boring (like Chris Collinsworth) but I never see them siding with a team though sometimes it can feel like it. I think half the tie they are trying to keep those not invested in either team interested by playing up whoever is losing. Like, "Stay tuned, the Chiefs came back from 10 in 1993 once" or some crap like that. If this is all Denver fans have to complain about besides only "barely" winning two games we must look pretty spoiled to the rest of the NFL fan bases.

DenBronx
09-16-2014, 10:07 PM
See that's just it. I actually like Chris Collinsworth but I hear alot of fans bash him. But he always calls a fair game ....Simms on the other hand is obviously biased in his comments and that's highly annoying to listen to.

Vic needs to shut his mouth too. NO FAN should have to mute someone and turn on KOA or whatever. No we want to watch the damn game and hear the damn announcers just like the rest of America.

MasterShake
09-16-2014, 10:12 PM
See that's just it. I actually like Chris Collinsworth but I hear alot of fans bash him. But he always calls a fair game ....Simms on the other hand is obviously biased in his comments and that's highly annoying to listen to.

Vic needs to shut his mouth too. NO FAN should have to mute someone and turn on KOA or whatever. No we want to watch the damn game and hear the damn announcers just like the rest of America.

I have a love/hate thing with Collinsworth. I really liked him on Inside the NFL when I used to watch, but his broadcasts are just boring to me personally. I think my favorite is probably Al Michaels. I wish he and Gruden could call games together I think it would be a good mix.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 12:47 AM
This has made national news. Do we have too much time on our hands? :laugh:

Dapper Dan
09-17-2014, 12:49 AM
#IstandwithPhil

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 12:51 AM
#IstandwithPhil

Fine, then stand outside with him. :laugh:

Dapper Dan
09-17-2014, 12:52 AM
Fine, then stand outside with him. :laugh:

You think it'll cost me a chance at CBS?

Magnificent Seven
09-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

BroncoWave
09-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

That stat is almost as irrelevant as this petition.

Mike
09-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Its probably been brought up already, but I guarantee you Chiefs fans were complaining about how Simms was "sucking up to Manning" the entire game! :lol:

I have commentators I don't like because I think they are boring (like Chris Collinsworth) but I never see them siding with a team though sometimes it can feel like it. I think half the tie they are trying to keep those not invested in either team interested by playing up whoever is losing. Like, "Stay tuned, the Chiefs came back from 10 in 1993 once" or some crap like that. If this is all Denver fans have to complain about besides only "barely" winning two games we must look pretty spoiled to the rest of the NFL fan bases.

True.

It doesn't matter to me much either way, all color commentary guys suck ass IMO. I can't think of one that doesn't annoy me with their stupidity. But when the guy flat out says on air "it's not like I am rooting for the Chiefs" during the game, he at least realized that he was favoring them. I am sure playing the game up to keep things interesting is a part of it. But I am also sure that they all have teams they don't really care for and their coverage is slightly biased.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Denver fans will either have to mute him or learn to live with him...as long as Denver is the #1 AFC attraction.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 10:10 AM
You think it'll cost me a chance at CBS?

Not if you move your tv to the patio.

Buff
09-17-2014, 10:20 AM
True.

It doesn't matter to me much either way, all color commentary guys suck ass IMO. I can't think of one that doesn't annoy me with their stupidity. But when the guy flat out says on air "it's not like I am rooting for the Chiefs" during the game, he at least realized that he was favoring them. I am sure playing the game up to keep things interesting is a part of it. But I am also sure that they all have teams they don't really care for and their coverage is slightly biased.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Denver fans will either have to mute him or learn to live with him...as long as Denver is the #1 AFC attraction.

Yeah, well apparently some people didn't like those choices, so they figured they'd just go with option C - an embarrassingly stupid national campaign on behalf of all of us.

wayninja
09-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, well apparently some people didn't like those choices, so they figured they'd just go with option C - an embarrassingly stupid national campaign on behalf of all of us.

Maybe if we are part of that mob, we can help steer it in wise directions?

slim
09-17-2014, 10:46 AM

OK, so I re-watched the 2nd half last night and there is no way any reasonable person can say that he was showing bias. Sure, he says a lot of stupid things, but that is not the same as being biased.

I would now like to officially put the OP on the hot seat.

Northman
09-17-2014, 10:56 AM
OK, so I re-watched the 2nd half last night and there is no way any reasonable person can say that he was showing bias. Sure, he says a lot of stupid things, but that is not the same as being biased.

I would now like to officially put the OP on the hot seat.

Yea, but your opinion doesnt count.

BroncoJoe
09-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Yea, but your opinion doesnt count.

Not only that, but he's like those new fluorescent bulbs. Takes a while to get bright.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 13h

Got some good news. Dinger will be in the booth for the Broncos-Seahawks game this Sunday.

For those who have no clue who Dinger is -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dinger-the-Colorado-Rockies-Mascot/342445512432196

slim
09-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Got some good news. Dinger will be in the booth for the Broncos-Seahawks game this Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dinger-the-Colorado-Rockies-Mascot/342445512432196

That IS good news!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 12:17 PM

Do you think Vic is being sarcastic? Why would Dinger be in the booth in Seattle?

weazel
09-17-2014, 12:33 PM

who let the mathematician in here?

slim
09-17-2014, 12:36 PM

I can do addition and subtraction too.

tripp
09-17-2014, 02:12 PM
If I lived in Denver I'd just mute it and listen to 850 KOA. I'd do that for every game.

Buff
09-17-2014, 02:35 PM

Is there an echo in here?

weazel
09-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Is there an echo in here?

Oops. I dont always read all the posts in a thread, I just randomly read some pages or posts... sorry to steal your thunder buff.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 03:20 PM

For the sake of clarification....I didn't sign the petition or advocate it. I just voiced my displeasure with the way Simms called the game last week. I just don't think he's as diplomatic in his approach as he use to be.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Do you think Vic is being sarcastic? Why would Dinger be in the booth in Seattle?

Of course he is not being sarcastic. CBS is honoring this petition, and has replaced Simms with Dinger.;)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Of course he is not being sarcastic. CBS is honoring this petition, and has replaced Simms with Dinger.;)

gotcha...I thought he was saying Dinger would make a guest appearance....you know, "the cameo".

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 05:18 PM
You’ve probably heard about this petition to keep Phil Simms from broadcasting Broncos games. As of Monday evening, it had 18,000 supporters. As 6:33 p.m. on Tuesday, it has more than 34,000 supporters. As of Wednesday morning, it had surpassed 40,000 signatures.

Folks in Denver clearly do not enjoy listening to Simms during games. And we all know Peyton Manning at one point had a not-so-healthy relationship with Simms because of Simms’ comment that Manning wouldn’t “let” the Colts draft Andrew Luck.

“I don’t talk to Phil,” Manning said. “Phil doesn’t talk to me. He did text me after that, saying ‘Hey, sorry to drag your name into this.’ I wrote back, ‘Phil I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ He said, ‘Well on my show, Inside the NFL, I made this statement.’ I said, ‘Phil, I hate to break it to you, but I don’t watch your show, along with a lot of other people that I don’t think watch that show.’ Giving himself a little more credit than probably was merited.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/16/fans-want-phil-simms-banned-calling-broncos-games/29689/

BroncoJoe
09-17-2014, 05:21 PM
For the sake of clarification....I didn't sign the petition or advocate it. I just voiced my displeasure with the way Simms called the game last week. I just don't think he's as diplomatic in his approach as he use to be.

Ditto. But for the record, Buff is being an imbecile here.

Imbecile. I like that word. Kind of like dolt but more sophisticated.

BroncoJoe
09-17-2014, 05:23 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2014/09/simms-495x330.jpg

He kind of looks like the Grinch. Or maybe the Joker from Batman.

Either way, I hate him.

BroncoWave
09-17-2014, 07:09 PM
He has a very punchable face.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Ditto. But for the record, Buff is being an imbecile here.

Imbecile. I like that word. Kind of like dolt but more sophisticated.

I like it to; it kind of just rolls off the tongue. It feels better than a golf clap.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 07:14 PM
rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/16/fans-want-phil-simms-banned-calling-broncos-games/29689/

Ah, that explains a lot.

Nomad
09-17-2014, 08:31 PM
If I lived in Denver I'd just mute it and listen to 850 KOA. I'd do that for every game.

Use the internet....that's what I do. I'm in AK.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2014, 08:51 PM
The petition has lost a lot of traction. It's over 41k, but it's only gained over 1k today.

tomjonesrocks
09-17-2014, 09:43 PM
The petition has lost a lot of traction. It's over 41k, but it's only gained over 1k today.

Am sure the next game will revive it.

Then there's this, if we're looking for more of an etiology of Simms beef--

Manning breaks it to Simms: 'I don't watch your show'
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823bebe3/article/manning-breaks-it-to-simms-i-dont-watch-your-show

Runamok
09-18-2014, 07:48 PM

I blame that on Keith Olberman. He called the 30,000 Bronco fans who signed it "Morons". People probly don't like that so changed their minds.

Buff
09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
I blame that on Keith Olberman. He called the 30,000 Bronco fans who signed it "Morons". People probly don't like that so changed their minds.

I'd like to think that there are a finite amount of moron Broncos fans, and that represents nearly all of them.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Because Keith Olberman calling me a moron is going to change my mind about anything. :lol:

DenBronx
09-18-2014, 10:42 PM

I'd like to think that there are a finite amount of moron Broncos fans, and that represents nearly all of them.

Lol 40k strong and counting. Just think of all the thousands of Broncos fans that want to sign it but are too lazy or too busy to sign in and actually do it.

Where there is smoke there is fire. After reading the comments in many of these articles I see that Broncos fans are not alone in their thoughts on this. Fans from many other teams are as well. Think about it...

Simple Jaded
09-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Show me the Vic Lombardi petition.

DenBronx
09-20-2014, 05:37 PM
So basically we have a petition and the end result is nothing will be done about it?

Simple Jaded
09-20-2014, 05:50 PM
I think this Situation Absolutely Requires a Really Futile and Stupid Gesture be done on somebody's part.

MOtorboat
09-20-2014, 06:29 PM
So basically we have a petition and the end result is nothing will be done about it?

Yes.

MOtorboat
09-20-2014, 06:29 PM
I think this Situation Absolutely Requires a Really Futile and Stupid Gesture be done on somebody's part.

The petition wasn't dumb enough?

Runamok
09-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Because Keith Olberman calling me a moron is going to change my mind about anything. :lol:

Hey, he's got his own TV show....for the second time, so pay attention.

DenBronx
09-20-2014, 07:20 PM
That's why petitions are so lame. They never seem to work.

Joel
09-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Except for the Magna Carta, Virginia Declaration of Rights, Declaration of Independence and Declaration of the Rights of Man. :tongue:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-20-2014, 10:12 PM

Make it so.

BroncoWave
09-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Make it so.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD12DP8Elx3ZTs98oAmqgwIFJFZINkz OT2mh47fIo6r5ERhmFOWQ

gregbroncs
09-21-2014, 09:31 PM
So after watching the game tonight....I no longer think Phil Simms has something against Denver. I think he's just a moron. We as Denver fans just see it more because we're so often the marquee game and have to deal with his idiotic comments more.
There were idiotic comments from him both ways all game tonight. The worst one IMO is when a Seattle CB had a Denver receiver in a bear hug before the ball got there and he said something like "as a receiver you just have to play tougher than that". My reaction was WTF was he supposed to do?

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2014, 09:33 PM
So after watching the game tonight....I no longer think Phil Simms has something against Denver. I think he's just a moron. We as Denver fans just see it more because we're so often the marquee game and have to deal with his idiotic comments more.
There were idiotic comments from him both ways all game tonight. The worst one IMO is when a Seattle CB had a Denver receiver in a bear hug before the ball got there and he said something like "as a receiver you just have to play tougher than that". My reaction was WTF was he supposed to do?

He never has had anything against Denver. The entire petition thing is just goofy sensitivity.

MOtorboat
09-21-2014, 09:34 PM
I think, after watching this game, the petition and the complaints are even dumber than I initially thought.

wayninja
09-21-2014, 09:40 PM
The only reason you are saying that is because the petition scared simms into calling a more balanced game... :P

MOtorboat
09-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Lulz.

tripp
09-21-2014, 09:43 PM
The only reason you are saying that is because the petition scared simms into calling a more balanced game... :P

Makes sense to me. :beer:

gregbroncs
09-21-2014, 09:43 PM
I can see while listening to him why fans of every team he announces would think he's against them. He makes too many statements and opinions that are so, dumb. Things that just irritate anyone who has an interest in the team he's talking about. And it doesn't help that way too often the things he says that are so irritating are just plain wrong.

It's enough to make fans of the team think he's against them. When really he's just refuses to ever change his initial opinion of a play. Even after the video shows that his initial opinion is just flat out wrong.

wayninja
09-21-2014, 09:48 PM
I can see while listening to him why fans of every team he announces would think he's against them. He makes too many statements and opinions that are so, dumb. Things that just irritate anyone who has an interest in the team he's talking about. And it doesn't help that way too often the things he says that are so irritating are just plain wrong.

So... you are saying that Montee Ball didn't really "take it to Brandon Marshall" on one of the running plays? I thought that was an astute observation.... If Brandon played offense, or for the Seahawks.

Seriously though, he can definitely be annoying, but a petition is on the silly side of rage-aholism.

BroncoJoe
09-21-2014, 10:01 PM
I actually like Simms the announcer, but I'll always hate him for what he did to us in the SB.

He called a good game tonight.

BroncoWave
09-21-2014, 10:04 PM
He called a good game tonight.

By that you mean he wasn't as horrible as usual tonight, right? :D

Simple Jaded
09-21-2014, 10:14 PM
"The Seahawks have the best blocking WR's in the National Football League. . .wait, I'm sorry, the Seahawks have one of the best group of blocking WR's in the league. You know who has the best? The Broncos have the best blocking WR's in the league, all those bubble screens and down field blocking, outstanding"

Oh that was so good, priceless.

tripp
09-21-2014, 10:16 PM
"The Seahawks have the best blocking WR's in the National Football League. . .wait, I'm sorry, the Seahawks have one of the best group of blocking WR's in the league. You know who has the best? The Broncos have the best blocking WR's in the league, all those bubble screens and down field blocking, outstanding"

He can't help it, he just gets a little excited and has to back track sometimes.

BroncoJoe
09-21-2014, 10:37 PM
By that you mean he wasn't as horrible as usual tonight, right? :D

He sucked ass last week.

DenBronx
09-21-2014, 11:10 PM

He was kissing up man. It was kind of funny actually. I honestly don't think he even realized he was being biased until that petition. If anything I think it woke him up...at least for this year. Hahaha

MOtorboat
09-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Fans are funny.

broncosinindy
09-21-2014, 11:57 PM
Obviously you guys are not married. Selective hearing, get some.

Buff
09-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Simms did make one comment that annoyed me yesterday... I'm pretty sure it was after Emmanuel Sanders had just gotten mugged by one of their DBs and Simms said something to the effect of "Every play looks like pass interference in slow motion."

And I'm like, "Yeah, especially when it's clearly pass interference!"

Hawgdriver
09-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Seattle must have a ballet coordinator on staff, the way they constantly interfere or can be mistaken for upholstery but don't get called on it. It's impressive.

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 11:32 AM

yeah, I can't remember being that offended by anything he said, so must not have been listening that closely

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Simms did make one comment that annoyed me yesterday... I'm pretty sure it was after Emmanuel Sanders had just gotten mugged by one of their DBs and Simms said something to the effect of "Every play looks like pass interference in slow motion."

And I'm like, "Yeah, especially when it's clearly pass interference!"

I remember that, the difference between you and I is that I agree with it. total judgement call on PI's, one of those infractions stipulated by how much the refs are gonna "let you play". got mugged? get over it. iirc, Sanders wasn't fighting for that particular ball, and I think that was the case he was making. I thought it was fair enough.

Buff
09-22-2014, 11:40 AM
I remember that, the difference between you and I is that I agree with it. total judgement call on PI's, one of those infractions stipulated by how much the refs are gonna "let you play". got mugged? get over it. iirc, Sanders wasn't fighting for that particular ball, and I think that was the case he was making. I thought it was fair enough.

Yeah, it's a fair observation in many instances... Everything looks more egregious when slowed down - but personally I felt like the defender was draped over Sanders, with contact before the ball got there, not giving him an opportunity to make the catch. In real time it was a bang-bang play, but I thought the replay showed that the defender definitely made contact early.

BroncoJoe
09-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it's a fair observation in many instances... Everything looks more egregious when slowed down - but personally I felt like the defender was draped over Sanders, with contact before the ball got there, not giving him an opportunity to make the catch. In real time it was a bang-bang play, but I thought the replay showed that the defender definitely made contact early.

He had both arms wrapped around him before the ball got there. It was a terrible non-call.

tubby
09-22-2014, 11:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByJB9iXCUAAqhuq.jpg

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 11:53 AM

look, I don't want to get into a big pissing contest with you over it. I have my opinion and you have yours, Ok?

actually, I can't remember the specific play, but I do remember the comment and agreeing with it. MOST are judgement calls. when I see a no call on something I would not think to be so, I'm ftmp (for the most part) hmmm, that's interesting. I think when receivers immediately complain for a no flag, that's a pretty reliable sign that a flag should have been thrown. but even that depends on how demonstrative or not the receiver is. but that's just me

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 11:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByJB9iXCUAAqhuq.jpg

see, that's not necessarily pi, he's not restraining the receiver. I need more tuggy

BroncoJoe
09-22-2014, 11:56 AM
see, that's not necessarily pi, he's not restraining the receiver. I need more tuggy

Are you blind?

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Are you blind?

maybe you should stay out of this conversation retard. that right there is one snapshot, not in real time, so I am not going to jump to a BroncoJoe type of conclusion. that photo does not prove that Sanders is being restrained. I'd have to see it again, but bottom kind need to just move on from it and play through it., imo

LawDog
09-22-2014, 01:15 PM
maybe you should stay out of this conversation retard. that right there is one snapshot, not in real time, so I am not going to jump to a BroncoJoe type of conclusion. that photo does not prove that Sanders is being restrained. I'd have to see it again, but bottom kind need to just move on from it and play through it., imo

The next frames will show that the defender's left arm stays right where it is, hard to tell if he was grabbing Sander's jersey, as the right arm that is raised in the screen shot comes down and hits Sander's arm. One or the other alone would not be clear DPI, but together they are and the ref did not call it.

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 01:18 PM
The next frames will show that the defender's left arm stays right where it is, hard to tell if he was grabbing Sander's jersey, as the right arm that is raised in the screen shot comes down and hits Sander's arm. One or the other alone would not be clear DPI, but together they are and the ref did not call it.

I'm not arguing that it was a missed no call. shit happens all the time.

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 01:21 PM
Nut, quit trolling Law Dog and come back to the Lounge.

LawDog
09-22-2014, 01:22 PM

Discussing some other version of a reach around there no doubt...

BroncoWave
09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Fans are funny.

Good thing you're above that, right?

Buff
09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
look, I don't want to get into a big pissing contest with you over it. I have my opinion and you have yours, Ok?

actually, I can't remember the specific play, but I do remember the comment and agreeing with it. MOST are judgement calls. when I see a no call on something I would not think to be so, I'm ftmp (for the most part) hmmm, that's interesting. I think when receivers immediately complain for a no flag, that's a pretty reliable sign that a flag should have been thrown. but even that depends on how demonstrative or not the receiver is. but that's just me

I want to wrap my arms around you like Robin Williams does with Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting.

It's not your fault. Ok? It's not your fault.

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Good thing you're above that, right?

Nope.

Didn't say that either.

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 01:47 PM

why don't you instead quit pulling the nut quit trolling card everytime I hand you or lawdog your respective ass

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 01:48 PM
I want to wrap my arms around you like Robin Williams does with Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting.

It's not your fault. Ok? It's not your fault.

please don't patronize buff. just don't do it. please don't, not you

Joel
09-22-2014, 01:48 PM
No, apart from INABILITY TO RAISE EITHER ARM ABOVE HIS ELBOW, that WR's not restrained at all. :confused:

Nomad
09-22-2014, 02:09 PM
I think Joel is owning Nut here.

Buff
09-22-2014, 02:15 PM
please don't patronize buff. just don't do it. please don't, not you

I'm just trying to identify myself as an ally in a sea of enemies. I sensed your defensive posture and felt it to be unwarranted. I respect and accept your opinion on the defensive PI call in question.

LawDog
09-22-2014, 02:28 PM
why don't you instead quit pulling the nut quit trolling card everytime I hand you or lawdog your respective ass

Point of order. You've never handed me anything, much less my ass. Carry on.

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 03:06 PM
No, apart from INABILITY TO RAISE EITHER ARM ABOVE HIS ELBOW, that WR's not restrained at all. :confused:

you can't tell that by that photo Joel. he may be able to if he wanted to. we just can't tell from that photo alone

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Point of order. You've never handed me anything, much less my ass. Carry on.

well I simply do not see it that way so maybe it is you who needs to carry on. But I suggest you pick your ass up first

BroncoNut
09-22-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm just trying to identify myself as an ally in a sea of enemies. I sensed your defensive posture and felt it to be unwarranted. I respect and accept your opinion on the defensive PI call in question.

you have no enemies here Buff, least of all me

gregbroncs
09-22-2014, 10:23 PM
You have got to be shitting me! Soon after this picture and before the ball gets to the receiver he puts the other arm around him and holds both arms down. It was total PI, the very definition of the penalty and the reason it's a penalty. That No-call was bad, Simms saying the receiver should have fought for it more was idiotic. Ever tried to fight a guy on your back holding both arms down? Guess what even if you can fight him off your not catching the ball.

gregbroncs
09-22-2014, 10:25 PM
maybe you should stay out of this conversation retard. that right there is one snapshot, not in real time, so I am not going to jump to a BroncoJoe type of conclusion. that photo does not prove that Sanders is being restrained. I'd have to see it again, but bottom kind need to just move on from it and play through it., imoIt proves 100% that there was illegal contact. I don't see a ball there and he is definitely in contact with that receiver.

Hawgdriver
09-22-2014, 10:50 PM

Serious question--can the Broncos receivers take a page out of Seattle's book, and play in a manner that draws more penalties? This shit apparently wins championships, so why not?

Joel
09-23-2014, 01:57 AM
you can't tell that by that photo Joel. he may be able to if he wanted to. we just can't tell from that photo alone
He's hot his arm stretched over BOTH of Sanders, with another coming around; what more must he do to "restrain" him, use a nail gun?

Serious question--can the Broncos receivers take a page out of Seattle's book, and play in a manner that draws more penalties? This shit apparently wins championships, so why not?
That's pretty much what I assumed EVERYONE'D do if Seattle won. It's how the NFL works, after all; once ANY team finds a strategy or even gimmick that wins it a championship, EVERYONE is INSTANTLY duplicating it to duplicate the consequent results. Expect a league full of 'roid-raging, Adderall-filled head-hunters mugging their way to victory then bellowing crazy-eyed rants into cameras at postgame.

"First, jus' lemme say I wanna thank my personal savior, Pfizer, and congratulate my teammates for snapping that punk QBs leg; also, I'm'a eat yo babies. #Championship"

BroncoNut
09-23-2014, 09:00 AM

well put as a question and challenge Hawg. Sanders fights for that ball and he may not catch it, but I bet he gets a flag.

GEM
09-23-2014, 09:11 AM

Our orange crusade worked...

Mike
09-23-2014, 01:38 PM

Decker tried last year to not much avail.

Hawgdriver
09-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Decker tried last year to not much avail.

He did the whole arms spread 'why no call' gesture a lot after plays which was way annoying, but I'm not sure if he couldn't have gone up for the catch in a way that exaggerated the defender's illegal contact. You know, like jerked an arm down just before the ball arrives. Something like that.

spikerman
09-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Well, not everybody saw it the way it actually happened. Seriously, what game was this guy watching?

Nice, resilient showing for the Seahawks, who prevailed even after sloppy play and the refs' failure to call offensive pass interference allowed the Broncos to even things up in Seattle on Sunday. Personally, I think Julius Thomas should've been allowed to put a Seahawks corner in a sleeper hold so that Wes Welker could run unabated and uncovered, but I digress ...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399508/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-bengals-at-no-1-packers-slip

MOtorboat
09-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Well, not everybody saw it the way it actually happened. Seriously, what game was this guy watching?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399508/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-bengals-at-no-1-packers-slip

Somebody start a petition. And quick. We can't let this stand.

spikerman
09-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Somebody start a petition. And quick. We can't let this stand.
That wasn't really the point of my post. I just put it here because there was a lot of discussion about the fouls in the game. For the record, I thought the petition was stupid.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2014, 01:27 PM
NEW YORK — CBS lead analyst Phil Simms plans to try to avoid saying "Redskins" during Washington's nationally televised game against the New York Giants.

The network airs the matchup Thursday night as part of its new NFL package. Simms first told The Associated Press last month that he would call the team "Washington" during the broadcast.

The former Giants quarterback said he wasn't taking sides on whether the club should change its nickname, but he was sensitive to complaints that the term is offensive.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26605121/cbs-analyst-phil-simms-avoid-saying-redskins

So, for tonight's game, he could just have planned to say Washington, rather than going public with his thoughts again.:rolleyes:

BroncoWave
09-25-2014, 02:42 PM
This whole "refusing to say Redskins" thing is ****ing stupid. The only reason anyone is actually doing this is because it's now the popular, PC thing to do. Not because they are actually offended by the term.

DenBronx
09-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Simms still throwing shoutouts to the Broncos. Well designed play to Cruz just like the Denver Broncos ran last week.

Lolol

tomjonesrocks
09-26-2014, 05:29 AM
The petition made Simms' Wikipedia page.

Yada yada...college standout...slow first few years prior to illustrious NFL career...a Super Bowl MVP...getting sleepy...Whoa--a *petition*! Why wasn't this mentioned earlier?

"Denver Broncos fans started a change.org petition that garnered over 40,000 signatures to remove Simms from Broncos broadcasts. Simms often appeared to root for the Broncos' opponents and consistently made commentary favorable to whomever the Broncos were playing. The petition continues to grow. [44]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Simms

Ravage!!!
09-26-2014, 10:16 AM
The petition made Simms' Wikipedia page.

Yada yada...college standout...slow first few years prior to illustrious NFL career...a Super Bowl MVP...getting sleepy...Whoa--a *petition*! Why wasn't this mentioned earlier?

"Denver Broncos fans started a change.org petition that garnered over 40,000 signatures to remove Simms from Broncos broadcasts. Simms often appeared to root for the Broncos' opponents and consistently made commentary favorable to whomever the Broncos were playing. The petition continues to grow. [44]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Simms

Made the page? That's because it can be edited by anyone. The pereons making the petition probably edited the page to discredit Simms. Someone needs to remove that idiocy from his page.

Ravage!!!
09-26-2014, 10:24 AM
This whole "refusing to say Redskins" thing is ****ing stupid. The only reason anyone is actually doing this is because it's now the popular, PC thing to do. Not because they are actually offended by the term.

This is pretty short sighted. People are able to educate themselves, and make decisions based on what they know on the topic, or what they have learned (even recently) on the topic. If something "comes to the forefront".. whether it be through the news, through rumor, or through research, people then take a serious look at the topic at hand. How many people were offended by the treatment of woman in Iraq before the war? I COULD make a long list of things that have come out into the news that made people "aware"... and from there, opinions changed. It actually has a name.... "Public Awareness."

There is enough support for the name Redskins to justify Phil Simms option to say the name Redskins had he wanted to use the term. So CHOOSING not to say it, is because he feels its the right direction. You can call that "stupid" all you want. But I bet I could go through YOUR posts, and your thoughts, and stances YOU make and point out that it never used to be a problem before with other people. Now, because of public awareness and education, your opinion is different than those of people in the past. Is that 'stupid'?

BroncoWave
09-26-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry rav, but that's a huge load of crap. The popular thing to do in America right now is to get offended by anything and everything, and this is the latest cool thing to be offended by.

I would argue that the fact that there is an NFL team named the Redskins has taken all of the negative connotation out of that term. My reasoning is that when people hear the word Redskins they don't think about native Americans getting scalped, they think of a football team. I've never in my entire life heard above use that as a racist term. If people really truly were offended by this, then they should be boycotting the Cleveland Indians just as hard, because you could argue that their name/logo is every bit as "offensive" as the Redskins.

Ravage!!!
09-26-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry rav, but that's a huge load of crap. The popular thing to do in America right now is to get offended by anything and everything, and this is the latest cool thing to be offended by.
That is a different topic, really.

I would argue that the fact that there is an NFL team named the Redskins has taken all of the negative connotation out of that term. My reasoning is that when people hear the word Redskins they don't think about native Americans getting scalped, they think of a football team. I've never in my entire life heard above use that as a racist term. If people really truly were offended by this, then they should be boycotting the Cleveland Indians just as hard, because you could argue that their name/logo is every bit as "offensive" as the Redskins.

All you are saying is that because you aren't offended, or see that it's an offensive name, you think that everyone that does is "stupid."

Let me ask a simple question. If you saw an american indian walking down the street, and you needed/wanted to get their attention. WOuld you call out.. "Hey you, Redskin, come here for a moment." I mean, if all the negative connotation is taken out because of the NFL team, that should be ok, right?

As far as the Cleveland Indians... sigh..... INDIAN is not a slanderous/racial term. How is that not obvious? Chief is not a racial term. The MASCOT for the Cleveland Indians IS racial, and has had problems with people complaining about it. The attention from the Redskins will probably give more credence to that complaint if/when the Redskins change theirs. But Indians, Souix, Cherokee....are not racial terms. RED-SKIN is equivalent of callign someone Black-skin. "Hey Black-skin"..come here. Hey "Whitey"... come here. See the comparisons?

Origins of the word "Niger"... alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger.

The origin is the COLOR of the skin. Whitey..is racial. Redskin, is racial. Indian....not. African, not. Amerian, not. Yellowskin...yes.

It's really not that hard.

Joel
09-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Sure; ask Cosell and Gifford how fast long-respected broadcasters keep their jobs once viewers turn on them. If Michaels were busted with a hooker he'd be fired before you could say, "Miracle on Ice." The NFL's had a TON of PR problems the past decade, and it's starting to cost them sponsors, while Keith Olbermann claims (though I haven't vetted it) male ratings peaked in 2009, so the league's desperate to make that up SOMEWHERE while avoiding further losses. Have the 'Skins ever played Wembley...?

tomjonesrocks
09-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Simms could have just gone ahead and stopped using the name and no one would have noticed.

As has been mentioned in his role not saying the team name is not that hard.

Apparently he felt like announcing to the world he was going this route -- like we are hanging on his every word. Even if he was asked in the press just defer and stop using it anyway.

Attention hound. Simms loves him some Simms.

Joel
09-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Let me ask a simple question. If you saw an american indian walking down the street, and you needed/wanted to get their attention. WOuld you call out.. "Hey you, Redskin, come here for a moment." I mean, if all the negative connotation is taken out because of the NFL team, that should be ok, right?
Depends: Would "Hey you, Native American!" be OK? Prob'ly not?

As far as the Cleveland Indians... sigh..... INDIAN is not a slanderous/racial term. How is that not obvious?
Because of decades of people insisting the "correct" term is "Native American," because "Indian" is a factually incorrect term ignorantly imposed by European colonialists who wrongly believed they'd arrived in India rather than a whole pair of continents they never knew existed? Because those people angrily insist the very use of that term is a relic of oppressive genocidal colonialism, so inherently racist?

Chief is not a racial term.
Sure it is; again, it's been used as a racial slur at least as long and often as "redskin" and, also once again, the Chiefs don't play at Arrowhead stadium with an arrowhead on their helmets as a tribute to generic leaders everywhere: It's a deliberate reference to the Great Plains Indians and their tribal leaders.

The MASCOT for the Cleveland Indians IS racial, and has had problems with people complaining about it. The attention from the Redskins will probably give more credence to that complaint if/when the Redskins change theirs. But Indians, Souix, Cherokee....are not racial terms. RED-SKIN is equivalent of callign someone Black-skin. "Hey Black-skin"..come here. Hey "Whitey"... come here. See the comparisons?

Origins of the word "Niger"... alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger.

The origin is the COLOR of the skin. Whitey..is racial. Redskin, is racial. Indian....not. African, not. Amerian, not. Yellowskin...yes.

It's really not that hard.
Sure it's racial: Is that automatically offensive? The 'Skins intentionally insult THEMSELVES along with Indians? That make sense? Does Notre Dame insult the Irish? Do the Packers insult factory workers?

Ravage!!!
09-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Depends: Would "Hey you, Native American!" be OK? Prob'ly not?
Fair enough. But referencing anyone by the color of their skin, is by definition, racial....period.

Because of decades of people insisting the "correct" term is "Native American," because "Indian" is a factually incorrect term ignorantly imposed by European colonialists who wrongly believed they'd arrived in India rather than a whole pair of continents they never knew existed? Because those people angrily insist the very use of that term is a relic of oppressive genocidal colonialism, so inherently racist?
for the love of wood... what? Seriously, take this crap somewhere else because NONE of this belongs in the discussion of discriminating words. Ever. If you are trying to impress people, this isn't how to do it. It just makes you sound ridiculous.

Sure it is; again, it's been used as a racial slur at least as long and often as "redskin" and, also once again,
No, its not. I can call you a 'name' by using any word in the language, and if I mean it to be offensive then I can make it sound offensive by the context of the sentence, you dry eraser (see, insultive but not really meaning anything). "Chief" is not a racial slur. Its purely being used to reference someone by using a word of a known title. If I call someone "general"..because they are in the military, or call them "sailor" because they have a life-jacket on, doesn't mean I'm being racial.

Sure it's racial: Is that automatically offensive?
Where have you been, whitey? Hey white boy, figure it out. Am I offended by the term "white boy?" Not generally, no. But if it's used in a way that is referencing my race in a deogatory manner, absolutely. If a team in Japan decides to name themselves the Hiroshima Whiteys... I personally won't be asking for petitions, but its a racial term that isn't accepted in the United States. Just as we won't name a team the Sacremento Slant-Eyes while having a Chinese Dragon as the mascot. This really isn't hard to get. Its a team name referencing the COLOR of a race's skin.

The 'Skins intentionally insult THEMSELVES along with Indians? That make sense? Does Notre Dame insult the Irish? Do the Packers insult factory workers?

This entire point of yours doesn't make sense.

Joel
09-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Fair enough. But referencing anyone by the color of their skin, is by definition, racial....period.
Sure it's racial; whether it's insulting or offensive depends on context and intent.

for the love of wood... what? Seriously, take this crap somewhere else because NONE of this belongs in the discussion of discriminating words. Ever. If you are trying to impress people, this isn't how to do it. It just makes you sound ridiculous.
I don't cite common knowledge to impress anyone; have you never heard the term "Native American" or did you think it caught on just because people like synonyms? It became the preferred term because many people (including many of those referenced by it) publicly and vehemently said they found the term "Indian" OFFENSIVE; as offensive as "redskin" or "chief." To a point, I even undestand it: Referring to a race by a completely unrelated term for people thousands of miles away, simply because foreigners who nearly exterminated them chose it? Worse than referencing their color.

The Racial Slur Database includes "Indian" for native Americans, with the explanation that
Indians come from India, not North/South America. Offensive because original American settlers from Europe completely misnamed them.
Hell, you even referred to the Cleveland Indians controversy; playing dumb makes a person look, well, DUMB, and pointing out what everyone knows but one person conveniently forgot's not an attempt to "impress" anyone. How is anyones igorance/disingenuity someone ELSES fault?

No, its not. I can call you a 'name' by using any word in the language, and if I mean it to be offensive then I can make it sound offensive by the context of the sentence, you dry eraser (see, insultive but not really meaning anything). "Chief" is not a racial slur. Its purely being used to reference someone by using a word of a known title. If I call someone "general"..because they are in the military, or call them "sailor" because they have a life-jacket on, doesn't mean I'm being racial.
Yeah, except it's NOT "purely being used to reference someone by using a word of a known title;" the Washington Generals don't have a home stadium called Arrowhead or put one on their uniforms. They also don't have a mascot called "Warpaint" ridden by a guy in a full CHIEFS headdress; I'll be generous and assume the RED helmets and unis just coincidental. If you need a cite, the Racial Slur Database includes "chief" and in that case the stated explanation is just one word: http://www.rsdb.org/race/native_americans
Self-explanatory.

Where have you been, whitey? Hey white boy, figure it out. Am I offended by the term "white boy?" Not generally, no. But if it's used in a way that is referencing my race in a deogatory manner, absolutely. If a team in Japan decides to name themselves the Hiroshima Whiteys... I personally won't be asking for petitions, but its a racial term that isn't accepted in the United States. Just as we won't name a team the Sacremento Slant-Eyes while having a Chinese Dragon as the mascot. This really isn't hard to get. Its a team name referencing the COLOR of a race's skin.

This entire point of yours doesn't make sense.
It makes no sense? Why would ANYONE insult THEMSELVES?! If the Harlem Honkies took the field as fans sang "Hail to the Honkies" they might be scorned as "oreos," but not a Black Power group.

Slick
09-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Simms called the Thursday night game? I thought those were on NFL network?

Buff
09-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Simms called the Thursday night game? I thought those were on NFL network?

CBS has them now.

Joel
09-26-2014, 04:39 PM
CBS has them now.
Seriously? So CBS has TWO contracts now and ABC still has NONE?! Hard to believe ABC wouldn't have paid more, since they're the only free network left out in the cold (which was the whole reason MNF was created back when there were only three networks.) Does this mean the League's finally figured out NFLN's a white elephant, that cable companies aren't stupid enough to include it in basic cable nor subscribers stupid enough to pay extra for it when all but the most hardcore fans consider it dead air for over half the year?

Rozelle must be spinning in his grave at what his successors have done to his genius; maybe the NFL should dig him up to replace them: He'd probably STILL do a better job. And these morons think they can increase their already bloated yet stagnant profits exporting this crap; I wish them all the luck they'll need.... :tsk:

7DnBrnc53
09-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Seriously? So CBS has TWO contracts now and ABC still has NONE?! Hard to believe ABC wouldn't have paid more, since they're the only free network left out in the cold (which was the whole reason MNF was created back when there were only three networks.) Does this mean the League's finally figured out NFLN's a white elephant, that cable companies aren't stupid enough to include it in basic cable nor subscribers stupid enough to pay extra for it when all but the most hardcore fans consider it dead air for over half the year?

Rozelle must be spinning in his grave at what his successors have done to his genius; maybe the NFL should dig him up to replace them: He'd probably STILL do a better job. And these morons think they can increase their already bloated yet stagnant profits exporting this crap; I wish them all the luck they'll need.... :tsk:

I guess people can only take so much NFL Total Access and NFL AM.

NightTrainLayne
09-27-2014, 09:14 AM
This thread still going?

I think it's hilariously ironic.

The guy who started a thread to publicly announce he was giving up his season tickets in protest to the Cutler fiasco, now starts a thread to complain because he has to listen to Phil Simms on the television while Peyton Manning is QBing the team.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/36257-Two-Club-Level-Seats-FOR-SALE

Karma is a bitch.

Nomad
09-27-2014, 09:36 AM
I put myself on the season tickets list when Cutler left:lol:

This Simms thing is hilarious. People ask me at work why BRONCO fans are whiners because of this, I tell them KOA:D

Simple Jaded
09-27-2014, 12:55 PM
L
This thread still going?

The guy who started a thread to publicly announce he was giving up his season tickets in protest to the Cutler fiasco, now starts a thread to complain because he has to listen to Phil Simms on the television while Peyton Manning is QBing the team.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/36257-Two-Club-Level-Seats-FOR-SALE

Karma is a bitch.

Karma? Except that he was right about the Cutler fiasco, unless you mean getting Manning was karma for losing Cutler.

Slick
09-27-2014, 01:09 PM
This thread still going?

Karma is a bitch.

Someone post a picture of a baby crying.