PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning pleased with Broncos' opener but focused on Week 2

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Don't let Peyton Manning fool you. He'll try it on the field, calling multiple audibles to deceive a defense. And he'll try it off, trudging off the practice field looking bitterly unimpressed with what he just saw.

Such was the case Wednesday after the Broncos' practice at Dove Valley. Only this time Manning couldn't keep up the act once he reflected on the team's season opener against the Colts a few days prior. Especially in regard to tight end Julius Thomas, who was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week after catching three touchdowns in Sunday's win over the Colts.

"I was really happy with the way he played and competed, and it's nice to see him get recognized. He got a parking spot out there, by the way," Manning said jokingly while looking out into the Dove Valley parking lot. "Player of the Week. I don't know if you noticed it out there."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26506724/peyton-manning-pleased-broncos-opener-but-focused-week

Simple Jaded
09-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Manning must not care about WINNING the SB if he isn't WORRIED about the running GAME.

Simple Jaded
09-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Manning must not care about WINNING the SB if he isn't WORRIED about the running GAME.

Sorry, RUNNING game.

CrazyHorse
09-11-2014, 07:31 AM
I was very pleased with the first half. The second half, not so much. This team doesn't seem to be great at half-time adjustments. I'd consider that a coaching issue.