PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning hopes for agreement

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 03:34 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning expressed hope Wednesday that negotiations between the NFL and NFLPA would result in approval of a new drug policy, clearing the way for wide receiver Wes Welker's reinstatement as soon as this week.

Welker was suspended for four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs and served the first game of the suspension last Sunday. However, Broncos officials and players believe a new policy would change the criteria of Welker's suspension and allow for his reinstatement.

"It's hard to say, we've tried to stay abreast of what's going on,'' Manning said after Wednesday's practice. "I've been in contact with Wes, I know he's chomping at the bit to get back. I know he's here in town, obviously it would be great to get him back, we'll just see how the process, see how it all shakes out.''

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11503635/denver-broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-hopeful-wes-welker-return-sooner

DenBronx
09-11-2014, 11:47 AM
And to think, a couple weeks back or so and we all thought Welker would never see another down. Now "he's chomping at the bit" to get back.

broncosinindy
09-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Love me some welker, he's clutch.

Concussions are extremely concerning. Just hope he has good advice from doctors and that he makes the right choices for himself long term.