PDA

View Full Version : nfl Von Miller's sluggish Game 1 fuels fire

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Von Miller missed his goal. He wanted a breathtaking performance Sunday and ended up gasping for breath. He can sack quarterbacks with his eyes shut: Jab the tackle, head fake, accelerate, then smash.

That was before surgery on his right knee nine months ago. Returning from an injury is different, the challenges real and sometimes unexpected. Broncos linebacker Miller faced the Indianapolis Colts with designs on wrecking their game plan, but he settled for a few dents.

It isn't a reflection of who he is, Miller said, but where he is: an athlete making stair-step progress, left vulnerable when Andrew Luck pushed the pedal on the Colts' offense.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26501111/von-millers-sluggish-game-1-fuels-fire

TXBRONC
09-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I would have liked to seem Miller come and from the get go light it up but that is highly unusual. He'll get his game back I'm confident of that but it's take a little time.

spikerman
09-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Sounds like conditioning is a problem with several of the players.

GEM
09-09-2014, 10:15 PM
How is that a problem in the NFL? My boys in midget and high school dreaded the 30-45 minute/day conditioning. How does an NFL team with SB aspirations get that wrong? And watching practices, come to think about it, they do muscle warm ups and technique practices, but I have never seen the team do actual conditioning drills, endurance drills or running and sprints.

NightTerror218
09-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Sounds like conditioning is a problem with several of the players.

miller and harris had ACL surgery not that long ago. Glad to see them in the game even. Their conditioning will get better.

BroncoWave
09-09-2014, 10:41 PM
How is that a problem in the NFL? My boys in midget and high school dreaded the 30-45 minute/day conditioning. How does an NFL team with SB aspirations get that wrong? And watching practices, come to think about it, they do muscle warm ups and technique practices, but I have never seen the team do actual conditioning drills, endurance drills or running and sprints.

During camp, especially now that they can't practice as much as they used to, I think it's more important that they actually practice plays and situations and gel as a team. I think it's kinda expected that players get conditioned during the offseason before camp begins.