PDA

View Full Version : Some Broncos notes 9-9-14

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4m

Cleveland Browns are signing TE Gerrell Robinson off the Broncos' practice squad. He'll be on Browns' 53-man roster.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Von Miller was appointed by union as Broncos rep as point of contact after rep Joel Dreessen released. Broncos rep vote will come next month

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

For clarity, NFLPA has temporarily listed Von Miller as Broncos player rep after Joel Dreessen released July 22. Team has yet to vote on rep

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Broncos waive WR Nathan Palmer off their practice squad; sign TE Dominique Jones.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 5h

ICYMI: @ChrisHarrisJr left late Sun. due to "fatigue." In Wk 2, he seeks to 'finish' the game: http://dbron.co/4rg

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 1h

#Broncos obviously playing the just-in-case scenario for Welker. Have waived WR Nathan Palmer, currently at 52 on roster.

Retweeted by Jeff Legwold
NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL · 3h

Week 2 NFL Power Rankings: 1 @Seahawks 2 @Broncos 3 @49ers 4 @Eagles 5 @Bengals FULL LIST: http://es.pn/1xEaM2i

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 3h

amazeballs RT @USATODAYsports: This Peyton Manning photograph is just perfect: http://usat.ly/1ts3o3v

BroncoJoe
09-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Too cool:

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/gty_454894662_670695681.jpg?w=1200

Joel
09-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Before we talk about how much slower Manning is than that LB, let's keep in mind he ran 10 yds and would've picked up the first if the play hadn't been called back on a penalty. Granted, it was offensive holding, which may have had something to do with him getting free (or why he ran) but that LB needed a LOT of field to chase down "slow" Peyton Manning.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2014, 10:33 PM
That holding call on Vasquez was complete bullshit.

Davii
09-09-2014, 10:38 PM
The smile Manning is sporting in that pic is awesome.

armedequation
09-09-2014, 11:01 PM
anyone else disappointed the browns picked up robinson? are we compensated for that at all?

Davii
09-10-2014, 12:03 AM
anyone else disappointed the browns picked up robinson? are we compensated for that at all?

Nope. Team can block the move, all they have to do is sign him to the 53 man roster. Broncos decided he wasn't worth the spot.

TXBRONC
09-10-2014, 06:55 AM
The smile Manning is sporting in that pic is awesome.

He may be smiling but he's thinking "feet don't fail me now!"

CoachChaz
09-10-2014, 07:13 AM
I guess they feel confident Welker's suspension will be lifted.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 14h

Apparently, Wes Welker's suspension will not be rescinded this week. Union's George Atallah tells PFT no vote taken. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/09/nflpa-opts-not-to-vote-on-nfl-drug-policy-proposal/ …
View summary

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 14h

A look at how far Von Miller has come to Broncos’ union rep: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/09/von-miller-broncos-union-rep/29407/ … via @denverpost

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 15h

Von Miller is on the ongoing NFLPA conference call representing Broncos.Talking new drug policy. Wes Welker anxiously awaits.

Joel
09-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Seems like a conflict of interest for any Denver NFLPA rep.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 19m

Wes Welker anxiously awaits.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 20m

There's still some language haggling but league-union making progress on revised drug policy. Player rep vote tonight is possible.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Andy Reid was asked if his new DT Kevin Vickerson told him meaning of "Omaha!": "He said it was a city in Nebraska."

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Retweeted by Andrew Mason
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter · 2h

"I'm gonna show the world that I'm healthy." - new #Chiefs DL Kevin Vickerson

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7s

Julius Thomas, on offense's 2nd-half performance Sunday: "We kind of got stagnant on offense ... we've got to run the ball first."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 19s

Julius Thomas, on seeing Kevin Vickerson on KC: "A lot of mixed emotions ... he's a guy that's missed." Said Vick helped him out.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 21s

Julius Thomas says it's players' responsibility to monitor state of drug-policy negotiations.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 17s

Julius Thomas had the green ball at practice: "I had some ball security issues" vs. IND, he said. (lost handle on on-side kickoff).

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 35s

Fox: "They've presented some problems to us (with their defense) in the last couple of years, and I don't see that changing."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2m

Fox, on Vickerson in KC: "He's a good football player. He's got great familiarity with us."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3m

Fox, on the state of the drug policy negotiations: "I don't spend much time thinking about it ... at this point, that's all speculation."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3m

DNP -- Trevathan, Garland, Bruton. Garland and Bruton were on field at start of practice. All others were listed with full practice.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 16s

Manning: "I thought Montee ran really hard, a lot of second efforts, extra yards ... I just liked the look in his eye the other night."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 9s

Manning: "Hopefully, I guess, something is going on today" with drug-policy negotiations. Said Tamme & Von Miller were on NFLPA conf. call.

Manning says he's "been in contact" with Welker, and the WR is "chomping at the bit" to return.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 5s

Manning, on facing Vickerson: "I've certainly faced former teammates before ... I'm used to it."

Joel
09-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Andy Reid was asked if his new DT Kevin Vickerson told him meaning of "Omaha!": "He said it was a city in Nebraska."
As it should be; hope it's true. I doubt it means the same thing each week though, if it means ANYTHING other than cadence. It's nothing new; in Madden '07 "Omaha" means a punt block instead of a normal return, but I doubt that's how Manning uses it. :tongue:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7s

Julius Thomas, on offense's 2nd-half performance Sunday: "We kind of got stagnant on offense ... we've got to run the ball first."
They DID try, God bless 'em; the blocking just wasn't there.

Julius Thomas had the green ball at practice: "I had some ball security issues" vs. IND, he said. (lost handle on on-side kickoff).
Lost handle on a 10 yd conversion during what proved the game-winning TD drive, too, in front of no less than THREE Colts; fortunately, none of them fell on it and (IIRC) Caldwell did.

Manning: "I thought Montee ran really hard, a lot of second efforts, extra yards ... I just liked the look in his eye the other night."
Manning's right on, as usual; he'll make a fine coach someday if he feels like it. Ball broke a lot of tackles for lots of extra yards, but too often had to do it behind the line: -2+5=3, which was his average.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2014, 08:13 PM
trey wingo @wingoz · 3h

On an unrelated note to all that's happened in the last hour... It was really great to talk to @Broncos TE Julius Thomas today. He gets it

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Broncos have re-signed WR Nathan Palmer to their practice squad.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

David Bruton has his helmet today and looks set to practice. Ben Garland is stretching but does not have his helmet.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Before we talk about how much slower Manning is than that LB, let's keep in mind he ran 10 yds and would've picked up the first if the play hadn't been called back on a penalty. Granted, it was offensive holding, which may have had something to do with him getting free (or why he ran) but that LB needed a LOT of field to chase down "slow" Peyton Manning.

I don't reallly see what point you are making in this post??? :confused:

Ravage!!!
09-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Seems like a conflict of interest for any Denver NFLPA rep.

Actually.. Not at all. Having an interest in the subject matter is not a conflict of interest. Miller isn't in a position to make any decisions for the NFLPA, just representing the players on the team. That's not a conflict in the least.

Joel
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't reallly see what point you are making in this post??? :confused:
That Manning's not the pudgy snail caught in the LBs headlights that the pic and the article about it make him out to be. It was a nice 10 yd run; no one will ever mistake him for Cam Newton, but it picked up the conversion before the penalty brought it back (so he just threw for a first instead and the drive reached the end zone anyway.)

Actually.. Not at all. Having an interest in the subject matter is not a conflict of interest. Miller isn't in a position to make any decisions for the NFLPA, just representing the players on the team. That's not a conflict in the least.
Except Denvers team representative to the NFLPA is VERY MUCH in a positon to INFLUENCE NFLPA decisions: That's the team reps JOB. In this instance, Denver stands to directly and greatly benefit from the NFLPA securing a new deal with the NFL because (as I understand it) the League Office is already on record that finalizing the new proposal would immediately reduce a Denver starters current suspension. Therefore any Broncos NFLPA rep can't view and advocate for/against the proposal objectively in a vacuum, because he must necessarily have one eye on how it affects Welker and thus Denver.

In short, Denvers particular interest in the new proposal prejudices and precludes our team reps objectivity in arguing it, hence the conflict of interest.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Joel, of course a team rep is going to look out for the best interest of the players on their team. That's what they're there for.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 4h

#Broncos' WR @CodyLatimer14 has to be quick! https://vine.co/v/OzLOZHeJM6D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 5h

Wednesday was busy at Dove Valley. Miss anything, including Peyton’s Take? MORE: http://dbron.co/4s4

Joel
09-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Joel, of course a team rep is going to look out for the best interest of the players on their team. That's what they're there for.
Right: That's why there's a conflict of interest when a rep offers NFLPA input on a proposed policy change that directly and strongly affects his team. "Yes, it objectively in the best interest of all union members to alter this policy—oh, looky there: That just happens to get one of our best players off suspension; what a happy coincidence that TOTALLY had NOTHING to do with my support for the change." Bet Seattles team rep thinks the NFLPA should get the NFL to alter its policy on steroids and dirty hits, too; purely in the general interest of all union members, of course. ;)
How does explaining why it IS a conflict of interest mean it's NOT one? :confused:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Right: That's why there's a conflict of interest when a rep offers NFLPA input on a proposed policy change that directly and strongly affects his team. "Yes, it objectively in the best interest of all union members to alter this policy—oh, looky there: That just happens to get one of our best players off suspension; what a happy coincidence that TOTALLY had NOTHING to do with my support for the change." Bet Seattles team rep thinks the NFLPA should get the NFL to alter its policy on steroids and dirty hits, too; purely in the general interest of all union members, of course. ;)
How does explaining why it IS a conflict of interest mean it's NOT one? :confused:

So, do you propose that each team nominate players that are going to ignore their selfish needs? The union represents the players and each team has players looking out for the specific needs of that team. Let's not suffer from analysis paralysis here Joel. :D

MOtorboat
09-11-2014, 11:46 PM
That Manning's not the pudgy snail caught in the LBs headlights that the pic and the article about it make him out to be. It was a nice 10 yd run; no one will ever mistake him for Cam Newton, but it picked up the conversion before the penalty brought it back (so he just threw for a first instead and the drive reached the end zone anyway.)

Except Denvers team representative to the NFLPA is VERY MUCH in a positon to INFLUENCE NFLPA decisions: That's the team reps JOB. In this instance, Denver stands to directly and greatly benefit from the NFLPA securing a new deal with the NFL because (as I understand it) the League Office is already on record that finalizing the new proposal would immediately reduce a Denver starters current suspension. Therefore any Broncos NFLPA rep can't view and advocate for/against the proposal objectively in a vacuum, because he must necessarily have one eye on how it affects Welker and thus Denver.

In short, Denvers particular interest in the new proposal prejudices and precludes our team reps objectivity in arguing it, hence the conflict of interest.

Miller (who is not currently facing a suspension) doesn't know if the vote will overturn the current suspensions, and he's not the one making the decision on the current suspensions. He's making a decision on a rule going forward, which is a part of the collective bargaining agreement. A separate arbitration panel would then decide on an NFLPA complaint that the current suspensions should be held to the new standard, because the new standard should have been approved in March.

If we have to make that many leaps (three) to get to a conflict of interest, and therefore a abstention vote, every player in the room wouldn't be able to vote.

Joel
09-12-2014, 05:19 AM
So, do you propose that each team nominate players that are going to ignore their selfish needs? The union represents the players and each team has players looking out for the specific needs of that team. Let's not suffer from analysis paralysis here Joel. :D
No, I'm not proposing that, only that no team rep can be objective about a rules change that directly, strongly and immediately affects his team: His interest as an NFLPA member seeking the policy best and most fairly protecing player health and livelihood conflicts with his interest as a Bronco who wants the teams top possession WR off suspension. The rest of the Broncos can say, "I feel bad for Wes, but rules are rules; I can't change them," but Miller has a small yet real opportunity to do just that.

I personally think EVERY rep for teams with players on drug suspensions should recuse themselves from drug policy discussions and negotiations. If that's most of them, well, maybe that speaks volumes.

This is one reason this stuff's usually done in the offseason; Belicheat can whine about Baltimores AFCCG-winning FG, but extending goal posts in June can't change that game, and when September rolls around it's a new day for everyone, under uniform rules for everyone. If we didn't get to change the policy before this offseason ended, there's always next year, but neither Belicheat nor anyone should be able to move the goal posts DURING a season. Goodells recent habit of changing policy on the fly based on media coverage and public reaction looks really bad, but I guess that's how we do things now.

Joel
09-12-2014, 05:19 AM
Miller (who is not currently facing a suspension) doesn't know if the vote will overturn the current suspensions, and he's not the one making the decision on the current suspensions. He's making a decision on a rule going forward, which is a part of the collective bargaining agreement. A separate arbitration panel would then decide on an NFLPA complaint that the current suspensions should be held to the new standard, because the new standard should have been approved in March.

If we have to make that many leaps (three) to get to a conflict of interest, and therefore a abstention vote, every player in the room wouldn't be able to vote.
All the articles I've seen online cite league sources saying reducing/vacating Welkers suspension's pretty much a done deal if the proposed changes are approved. There's a reason we have a whole other thread titled "Peyton Manning hopes for agreement;" the difference is Manning's in no position to make that hope reality: Miller is. He'll also get random but regular recreational drug tests the rest of his career: The reason he'd like to change that is the reason he shouldn't be ABLE.

For what it's worth, I think the NFL should steal the CFLs policy: Test for PEDs, to get rid of cheats and avoid telling aspiring young athletes they have to cheat, break the law and permanently damage their bodies just to reach the pros, but leave recreational drugs between cops, prosecutors and players until/unless one of the last's convicted of a crime. Shooting heroin never won a game or made a roster; the League Office isn't—and shouldn't be—anyones counselor, confessor, shrink, sponsor or guru.

The thing is, as a fan of a team whose former DRoY served a substance abuse suspension last year, whose starting kicker is on one now and who's HoF WR is ALSO currently suspended for PEDs and/or substance abuse (reports are "conflicting,") I can't claim any great objectivity on the matter: And neither can any MEMBER of the team.

MOtorboat
09-12-2014, 10:50 AM
It's asinine to think players shouldn't be able to vote on their own union's agreements.

Joel
09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
It's asinine to think players shouldn't be able to vote on their own union's agreements.
Do team reps even get a vote, or are they just part of the discussion? Either way, it's a safe bet the NFLPA doesn't need to ask Miller to know he doesn't want to fill a cup monthly for the rest of his career.

MOtorboat
09-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Do team reps even get a vote, or are they just part of the discussion? Either way, it's a safe bet the NFLPA doesn't need to ask Miller to know he doesn't want to fill a cup monthly for the rest of his career.

So? It's the entire reason they have a union.

Jeesh.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4m

Team has confirmed Wes Welker cleared concussion protocol and would be able to play Sunday if cleared by NFL. Doesn't mean he'll be active.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 18m

Although John Fox wouldn't address his game-day roster Friday, I expect RB Ronnie Hillman and CB Kayvon Webster to be active vs. Chiefs.

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 34m

With Allen out, look for former #Bronco Ryan Harris to start for the Chiefs this week at right tackle.

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 35m

Another blow for #Chiefs offensive line: Right tackle Jeff Allen having elbow surgery, Andy Reid says Allen most likely done for season.

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 52m

#Broncos injury report: David Bruton questionable, Ben Garland doubtful. All others probable or not listed.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 3h

They're playing practice music really LOUD this week at Dove Valley.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 9s

What Wes Welker had to say about his return: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11544017/wes-welker-denver-broncos-feels-great-excited-back …

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 4h

Von Miller practicing -- was held out late in Chiefs game with groin injury -- Lerentee McCray (knee), Marvin Austin (excused) not on field

Welker in full gear taking part in his first padded practice since training camp.

#Broncos LB @Grindin_59 back on practice field, working with strength and conditioning coaches -- first time since camp injury.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 52m

Punitive measures for mistakes on D were emphasized today, said Terrance Knighton: "Guys had to do push-ups for going offsides and such."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2h

Aqib Talib, on Percy Harvin: "You've got to know where he's at at all times."

Richard Sherman: attitude does "not at all" change just because of Seattle's loss last week.

Manning, on comparing this year's team to last year's that lost SB: "It's been just 2 games. We're still learning about us at all positions"

Yes. Or you could just decide to go for it/go for two every time. RT @alec_camhi: what happens if McManus can't play? Sign someone?
View conversation

Peyton Manning: "guys were excited" to see Welker at practice. "It'll certainly be great to have him out there Sunday, if that's the plan."

DNP: McCray, Trevathan. Limited: McManus (groin strain), Garland, Bruton. All others full. Marvin Austin "should be here later today."

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 1h

Welker: "[Drug policy] was flawed, and we got it fixed." #broncos #nfl http://instagram.com/p/tD4bhaBwYF/

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 4h

Broncos held a team meeting at 8:05 a.m. without Welker. An hour later, he was back: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/09/17/wes-welker-practice-reinstated-drug-policy-denver/15779403/ …

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 44m

Chris Harris, on practice emphasis today: "Just working on covering forever, while the QB runs around. You can never get used to that."

Having more film of Harvin as a Seahawk doesn't make preparation earlier, says Del Rio."Just more reasons to have nightmares at night."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3h

Welker did a bit more in practice today. "He's building up," John Fox said.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 5h

Danny Trevathan has his helmet today. No pads for him or anyone (can have no more than one padded practice a week and that was Wednesday).

Joel
09-18-2014, 06:01 PM
I actually like our LB depth, but with Miller still working back to mid-season form, Trevathan out and Irving dinged last week... our subs are good, but not so good I want to play @defending SB Champs with NO starting LBs. I'd rather try to stretch the field with Sanders than send Welker over the middle into Seattles headhunters anyway, but with him, Caldwell and Latimer joining DT, JT and Tamme, we have more quality receiving depth than LB depth right now, and will need it if Wilson breaks contain. It'll be interesting to see if Ward can address that without too much coverage loss.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 7 minutes ago

Thursday was 1st time all season, including training camp, the #Broncos had every player on roster, in uniform, participating in practice

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold 1 hour ago

The numbers as well as the game video say the #Cardinals will roll the dice and try to blitz Peyton Manning Sunday: http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/9049/numbers-say-cardinals-will-blitz-manning …

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2 hours ago

#Broncos DC Jack Del Rio said he would be ready to spell @Grindin_59 from time to time Sunday in Trevathan's first game back from injury.

@Jeff_Legwold · 2 hours ago

#Broncos OC Adam Gase was asked twice Thursday to assess run game against the Seahawks in Week 3, his answer both times: "terrible.''

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 48m 48 minutes ago

Top photos from Thursday’s #Broncos practice —> http://dbron.co/4xm

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Ware of facing pocket passer
DeMarcus Ware talks with the media following practice on Thursday.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ware-of-facing-pocket-passer/0bea9403-8a1c-48c1-918e-ba484baa4b38

Gase on run game
Offensive coordinator Adam Gase talks to the press after Thursday's practice.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Gase_on_run_game/d14760bb-5d51-48a9-8755-b5e7908d2ad1
One thing Gase is talking about is him calling the plays

Gase on Manning, Cardinals defense
Offensive coordinator Adam Gase talks to the press after Thursday's practice.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Gase_on_Manning_Cardinals_defense/b5fd105e-c8f5-46b6-a0ac-5f82db16c308

Del Rio on Trevathan, Arizona's Stanton
Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio talks to the press after Thursday's practice.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Del_Rio_on_Trevathan_Arizonas_Stanton/ea1663bb-4e04-4f61-9b0d-e9714b62a18e

Fox talks running game
Head Coach John Fox meets the media following practice on Thursday.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox_talks_running_game/627eeecd-e6bf-4ca0-b31a-159d3c848958

Joel
10-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Fox did NOT talk running game; incessantly repeating the tired "need to improve" mantra and reminding us how many teams are in the NFL may be talking, but isn't saying much. Gase offered a bit more insight (and a good reasonable perspective/objective) but Fox was just word salad. As usual; he ain't exactly General Patton—in ANY sense.

MOtorboat
10-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Fox did NOT talk running game; incessantly repeating the tired "need to improve" mantra and reminding us how many teams are in the NFL may be talking, but isn't saying much. Gase offered a bit more insight (and a good reasonable perspective/objective) but Fox was just word salad. As usual; he ain't exactly General Patton—in ANY sense.

So?

chazoe60
10-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Did General Patton often tell the press the strategy he was planning? You may not like how ho-hum he is with the press but you don't know shit about what he says to the team.

Joel
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
So?
So billing the link as "Fox talks running game" is misleading; I wish our RBs evaded tacklers as well as Fox evades questions about them.

Did General Patton often tell the press the strategy he was planning? You may not like how ho-hum he is with the press but you don't know shit about what he says to the team.
I'm not asking for or expecting extensive chalktalk; that's not what Gase did—but Gase DID manage to answer the question WITHOUT exposing any trade secrets. All Fox offered was the same vague unaccountable "needs improvement" crap that's INFURIATING after THREE SOLID YEARS of it. Oh, and tell us there are 32 NFL teams: Thanks for the insight, Coach. :) No kidding the run game "needs improvement:" That's why you're being asked about it at the presser. The question, as always, is what the coaches are doing about it; as always, that question remained unanswered.