PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Standings

MOtorboat
09-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Week 1:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/clapton_2/AFCWestStandingsWeek1_zpsc66ebcf8.jpg

Tennessee 26, Kansas City 10
N.Y. Jets 19, Oakland 14
Denver 31, Indianapolis 24
Arizona 18, San Diego 17

Hawgdriver
09-09-2014, 12:37 AM
Look at all those zeroes in the Denver line, and the streak "Won 1" should really be "Lost 2Q" #KeepingItJoel

Davii
09-09-2014, 12:45 AM
That's a beautiful thing Mo.

MOtorboat
09-09-2014, 12:46 AM
That's a beautiful thing Mo.

We'll bump this thread all the way to the division championship this team will win.

Davii
09-09-2014, 12:51 AM
We'll bump this thread all the way to the division championship this team will win.

We will never be anywhere but first place, mark it down.

Joel
09-09-2014, 04:53 AM
We will never be anywhere but first place, mark it down.
Prob'ly so. With Indy beaten, the rest of the AFCWs schedule is uniformly brutal except for one AFCN team—but we don't have to play the defending AFC Champs, let alone TWICE. If we beat KC, we'll be 2 games up on them overall and in the division, and CAN'T lose the first tiebreak—if not, we'll be even overall, but they'll be a game up in the division and CAN'T lose the first tiebreak (plus they'll be at home for the rematch that decides it.) One game at a time, especially with THIS schedule; a win vs. KC plus Seattle winning @SD would put us in the AFCW drivers seat. All that said....

Joel
09-09-2014, 04:55 AM
Not with THIS teams talent. Literally HALF our starting offense are Pro Bowlers; (at least) one's a HoFer. Our D has 4 more Pro Bowlers, including another probable HoFer opposite a guy just 2 years removed from DRoY honors. A defending Conference Champ that's won its division 3 years running and has HALF a Pro Bowl starting lineup SHOULD win its division handily. The question is: What next...?

In that respect, I'm even happier NE lost and we not only won, but beat INDY. I'd be happier if Cincy and Baltimore tied, but Pitt lost, and Indy and NE are far more worrisome playoff rivals than anyone in the AFCN: We're now a game up on BOTH for playoff homefield; the head-to-head makes it effectively TWO games on Indy. A win @NE (difficult as that always is) would all but assure the AFCs Super Bowl road goes through Mile High. But: One game at a time; we still need to put down KC so the road to the SB doesn't go through Arrowhead (though that worked out OK in '97.)

Bottom line is we're not the freakin' Browns, so thrilled with the slimmest chance to make the postseason we don't care if we win any GAMES there. We're capable of too much more to settle for so little.

OrangeHoof
09-09-2014, 05:16 AM
More important to me is that we have a game lead now on the Patriots, Ravens and Colts in any tie-breaking scenarios down the line. The AFC West division doesn't worry me. We'll take that. It's the home field advantage in the playoffs I'm shooting for.

VonDoom
09-09-2014, 06:19 AM
In that respect, I'm even happier NE lost and we not only won, but beat INDY. I'd be happier if Cincy and Baltimore tied, but Pitt lost, and Indy and NE are far more worrisome playoff rivals than anyone in the AFCN: We're now a game up on BOTH for playoff homefield; the head-to-head makes it effectively TWO games on Indy. A win @NE (difficult as that always is) would all but assure the AFCs Super Bowl road goes through Mile High. But: One game at a time; we still need to put down KC so the road to the SB doesn't go through Arrowhead (though that worked out OK in '97.)

Bottom line is we're not the freakin' Browns, so thrilled with the slimmest chance to make the postseason we don't care if we win any GAMES there. We're capable of too much more to settle for so little.

It's a little early to be worried about what everyone else is doing in any given week, but I did want to respond to the KC part. Come on, Joel - that team was going to be mediocre at best, and without Johnson and the way their schedule is shaping up, they're likely to be 0-5. Even if we somehow lose this week, I'm not going to throw in the towel. The only thing going through Arrowhead this year is a top 5 draft pick (probably an OT, the way they draft) not any playoffs.

TXBRONC
09-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Our division is tough and still expect the Chargers to keep the pressure on.

Northman
09-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Just one game. Long way to go.

BroncoWave
09-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Just one game. Long way to go.

Thanks capt obvious! :D

Northman
09-09-2014, 07:47 AM

So what do we do to celebrate next week's win? Brownies and cookies? :)

BroncoWave
09-09-2014, 07:59 AM

So what do we do to celebrate next week's win? Brownies and cookies? :)

Sounds good! If we can beat Seattle too, strippers and blow for everyone!

Joel
09-09-2014, 08:30 AM
It's a little early to be worried about what everyone else is doing in any given week, but I did want to respond to the KC part. Come on, Joel - that team was going to be mediocre at best, and without Johnson and the way their schedule is shaping up, they're likely to be 0-5. Even if we somehow lose this week, I'm not going to throw in the towel. The only thing going through Arrowhead this year is a top 5 draft pick (probably an OT, the way they draft) not any playoffs.
Johnson's not their whole D, and it's still pretty fierce. They've still got Hali, Houston and Poe as roughly half of a pretty good front seven, plus Berry deep. They've still got Jamaal Charles and a QB who's a better passer than the one who stole his last job; if his WRs hadn't dropped a lot of nicely thrown balls the last time KC played @Denver, that game might've ended much less happily.

I said last year KC's neither as good as their 9-0 start nor as bad as their 2012 last place finish, and stand by that. I think they're still better than SD (whom Seattle should destroy this week) which makes them our strongest AFCW competition, however relatively weak or strong that is. Even if they're not, it's still a game, and a divisional game, which makes it part of the 3rd division tiebreak, 1st-2nd tiebreak vs. Jax and Baltimore and 2nd-3rd tiebreak vs. the 4 AFCN/S teams that play neither of us.

GEM
09-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Not with THIS teams talent. Literally HALF our starting offense are Pro Bowlers; (at least) one's a HoFer. Our D has 4 more Pro Bowlers, including another probable HoFer opposite a guy just 2 years removed from DRoY honors. A defending Conference Champ that's won its division 3 years running and has HALF a Pro Bowl starting lineup SHOULD win its division handily. The question is: What next...?

FFS....can we stop with the negative nancy schtick? We settled for a win when all the other teams in our division settled for a loss...how ******* terrible.

Was it pretty? No.
Will it win the Super Bowl? No.
But for God's ******* sake, it's a win in the league where wins are hard to come by. We have 15 more games on the schedule, players coming back from injury and suspension that will improve the team...so for ****'s sake, stop the insanity.

VonDoom
09-09-2014, 09:18 AM
I said last year KC's neither as good as their 9-0 start nor as bad as their 2012 last place finish, and stand by that. I think they're still better than SD (whom Seattle should destroy this week) which makes them our strongest AFCW competition, however relatively weak or strong that is.

We'll agree to disagree on this. I think SD is much better than KC. The Chiefs could finish behind the Raiders the way things are going, though I had them around a 7 win team this year (with SD at about 9-10 wins).

Division games are always tough, yes, so we can't overlook them. But I think this is an opportunity for us to take out some aggression on this team and bury them this week.

Joel
09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
FFS....can we stop with the negative nancy schtick? We settled for a win when all the other teams in our division settled for a loss...how ******* terrible.

Was it pretty? No.
But for God's ******* sake, it's a win in the league where wins are hard to come by. We have 15 more games on the schedule, players coming back from injury and suspension that will improve the team...so for ****'s sake, stop the insanity.
Well, we beat a winning team, however ugly it was, and that's been VERY rare the last two years, especially for a 3-time defending division champ with the top seed 2 years running and coming off a SB trip.

We beat all of TWO winning teams in 2012, one Baltimore, which more than got even in the postseason. Last year was a BIT better—IF we dismiss folks who dismiss KCs 11-5 record as inflated by a weak schedule (IDENTICAL to ours but for 2 games and us vs. KC.) We beat a 10-6 Philly team that practically won its division by default, and split with the Bolts, but the only other winning team we beat was KC, so those wins had as much or little quality as KC itself. Indy was undeniably a quality win, however close or ugly, so I'll take it.

Because however easy our last two schedules were/n't, HALF of this one is playoff teams (and the Cards should've been a 9th.) With just 16 games, EVERY win is precious, but ESPECIALLY for this schedule.

We'll agree to disagree on this. I think SD is much better than KC. The Chiefs could finish behind the Raiders the way things are going, though I had them around a 7 win team this year (with SD at about 9-10 wins).

Division games are always tough, yes, so we can't overlook them. But I think this is an opportunity for us to take out some aggression on this team and bury them this week.
In the final analysis, it doesn't matter who's right here: We need to beat KC whether it's 1st tiebreak vs. them or 2nd-4th vs. SD. As you say, all division games are tough, and SD's not bad, so there's no guarantee we beat them twice, in which case KC would be part of the next tiebreak—and the one after, and the one after THAT. If SD's better than KC, that's just one more reason we must beat KC.

Also, if the Cincy/Indy don't repeat as division champs, KC would be part of the 1st (and possibly 2nd) tiebreak against whomever replaces them.

MOtorboat
09-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Lol, of course.

Dapper Dan
09-09-2014, 01:21 PM

Was it pretty? No.

Wow. Do you kiss my mother with that mouth?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2014, 01:23 PM

Was it pretty? No.

It might be enough to win the Superbowl Gem. The Colts are probably the second best team in the AFC and they beat both the 49ers and the Seahawks last year.

GEM
09-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Well, we beat a winning team, however ugly it was, and that's been VERY rare the last two years, especially for a 3-time defending division champ with the top seed 2 years running and coming off a SB trip.

We beat all of TWO winning teams in 2012, one Baltimore, which more than got even in the postseason. Last year was a BIT better—IF we dismiss folks who dismiss KCs 11-5 record as inflated by a weak schedule (IDENTICAL to ours but for 2 games and us vs. KC.) We beat a 10-6 Philly team that practically won its division by default, and split with the Bolts, but the only other winning team we beat was KC, so those wins had as much or little quality as KC itself. Indy was undeniably a quality win, however close or ugly, so I'll take it.

Because however easy our last two schedules were/n't, HALF of this one is playoff teams (and the Cards should've been a 9th.) With just 16 games, EVERY win is precious, but ESPECIALLY for this schedule.

In the final analysis, it doesn't matter who's right here: We need to beat KC whether it's 1st tiebreak vs. them or 2nd-4th vs. SD. As you say, all division games are tough, and SD's not bad, so there's no guarantee we beat them twice, in which case KC would be part of the next tiebreak—and the one after, and the one after THAT. If SD's better than KC, that's just one more reason we must beat KC.

Also, if the Cincy/Indy don't repeat as division champs, KC would be part of the 1st (and possibly 2nd) tiebreak against whomever replaces them.

Then shush and be happy....we won.

GEM
09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Wow. Do you kiss my mother with that mouth?

Why would I kiss your mama? :laugh:

I love the word ****. ****, ****, ****ity ****!

Dapper Dan
09-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Why would I kiss your mama? :laugh:

I love the word ****. ****, ****, ****ity ****!

I dunno. I'm bad about mentioning someone's mother and their mother being dead. I didn't wanna **** that up.

GEM
09-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I dunno. I'm bad about mentioning someone's mother and their mother being dead. I didn't wanna **** that up.

Good point! My mama's alive and well. And she gets pissed when I use that word. :lol:

Joel
09-09-2014, 02:35 PM
It might be enough to win the Superbowl Gem. The Colts are probably the second best team in the AFC and they beat both the 49ers and the Seahawks last year.
The Colts were at home and got EXTREMELY lucky in their win vs. Seattle. Even with Luck running all over the place in a way that must've frustrated the Hell out of Wilson fans, blocking a Seattle FG and running it back for a TD was the only reason Indy won by 6 instead of losing by 4. We don't typically have that kind of "luck," and won't play Seattle at home in Week 3 or the playoffs.

Speaking of Seattle and ugly wins though, it's worth noting this is still early days: In Week 4 of 2013, the defending SB Champs needed OT to beat a Texans team that finished DEAD LAST in the NFL. They, um, got better later. ;) The way NFL seasons go, I worried MORE when we came roaring out of the gate, because few if any teams can sustain that for a whole season, and Septembers SB favorite rarely takes home Februarys title. Let someone else start strong but fade; I'd much rather start rocky but build to a triumphant finish.

MOtorboat
09-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Its just unbelievable how many words Joel wastes trying to disparage everything the Broncos do.

Joel
09-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Its just unbelievable how many words Joel wastes trying to disparage everything the Broncos do.
In my defense, you'd likely grasp my posts far better if you ever bothered READING one. Why anyone would respond to things they don't read is beyond me; any films you'd recommend unseen?

MOtorboat
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
In my defense, you'd likely grasp my posts far better if you ever bothered READING one. Why anyone would respond to things they don't read is beyond me; any films you'd recommend unseen?

I read it. Have no fear, your efforts weren't wasted.

Mike
09-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Johnson's not their whole D, and it's still pretty fierce. They've still got Hali, Houston and Poe as roughly half of a pretty good front seven, plus Berry deep. They've still got Jamaal Charles and a QB who's a better passer than the one who stole his last job; if his WRs hadn't dropped a lot of nicely thrown balls the last time KC played @Denver, that game might've ended much less happily.

I said last year KC's neither as good as their 9-0 start nor as bad as their 2012 last place finish, and stand by that. I think they're still better than SD (whom Seattle should destroy this week) which makes them our strongest AFCW competition, however relatively weak or strong that is. Even if they're not, it's still a game, and a divisional game, which makes it part of the 3rd division tiebreak, 1st-2nd tiebreak vs. Jax and Baltimore and 2nd-3rd tiebreak vs. the 4 AFCN/S teams that play neither of us.

Did you watch their game? KC is not a threat and aren't even close to being as good as SD...maybe Oakland.

7DnBrnc53
09-09-2014, 04:16 PM

They also have average CB's and average MLB's with the absense of Johnson, although they now have Big Vick for their D-line.

However, they have no talent on offense right now, with the exception of Jamaal Charles, and maybe Travis Kelce. And, their O-line isn't that great. Eric Fisher, their #1 pick from last year, isn't setting the world on fire.

I say that the Broncos beat KC by 25 points, and then they get their butts in gear for the Hawks in Week 3. Better bring their A-game.

Fox-Leave the Schottenheimer BS at home.

Del Rio-Leave the junk zone defenses at home.

Joel
09-10-2014, 09:42 AM
They also have average CB's and average MLB's with the absense of Johnson, although they now have Big Vick for their D-line.
It's a 3-4: They never HAD a MLB, just a couple ILBs. It's not the same; having a partner lets 3-4 ILBs sit in a soft zone watching for runs or the 4th best receiver unless one of them has his turn to blitz. Look at DJ: He was an outstanding 4-3 WLB and a fine 3-4 ILB—but an AWFUL 4-3 MLB, even in his prime. The Chiefs still have their OLBs, and they're the 3-4s stars; they and the linemen do all the heavy lifting while the ILBs do a 4-3 WLBs job with twice the manpower. They'll be fine; with Vickerson on the line, their front seven might even be BETTER than last year.

However, they have no talent on offense right now, with the exception of Jamaal Charles, and maybe Travis Kelce.
And maybe Alex Smith, Dwayne Bowe and Donnie Avery; except for McCluster, their offensive playmakers are pretty much the same as last year, and if Avery and McCluster hadn't dropped a LOT of nice passes from Smith, our Mile High game at least goes into OT.

And, their O-line isn't that great. Eric Fisher, their #1 pick from last year, isn't setting the world on fire.
He's good enough they released the guy he replaced last year, along with a good starting G who's also started at OT. It's far from a stellar line, certainly, but Fisher and his opposite are good enough to keep Ryan Harris on the bench even though I'd start him over Clark if I could.

I say that the Broncos beat KC by 25 points, and then they get their butts in gear for the Hawks in Week 3. Better bring their A-game.
The AFCWs schedule is the toughest I can recall in 35 years following the NFL: Better bring the A game EVERY week (which is good advice against ANY NFL schedule.)

Fox-Leave the Schottenheimer BS at home.
Good teams salt away second half leads with good running that protects possession, kills the clock, keeps Hail Mary slinging QBs impotently sidelined and rests the D so it can keep sprinting downfield to defend those Hail Maries. If a team CAN'T do what good teams do, well....

Del Rio-Leave the junk zone defenses at home.
Prevent works unless run too early—or WRONG; Prevents first rule is "guard the sidelines & end zone:" If a team GIVES UP the sidelines & end zone, I don't know what they're running, but it ain't Prevent.

Joel
09-10-2014, 09:48 AM
I read it. Have no fear, your efforts weren't wasted.
If you read it, how'd you translate "Seattle came out flat early last year, but it didn't matter, so maybe our flat second half hurts us no more than that hurt them" into Denver bashing?

You doing that thing where you just respond to what you WISH I'd said again? 'Cause I've no obligation to justify anything I never said.

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 09:59 AM
If you read it, how'd you translate "Seattle came out flat early last year, but it didn't matter, so maybe our flat second half hurts us no more than that hurt them" into Denver bashing?

You doing that thing where you just respond to what you WISH I'd said again? 'Cause I've no obligation to justify anything I never said.

No. My point still stands. Your responses in this thread show me everything I need to know.

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 10:39 AM
You know what, I will respond to you discussing 2013 Seattle in a thread about the 2014 AFC Weat.

Can you explain to me what last year's Seahawks team has to do with this year's AFC West? I can't think of one thing. You say they started slow (I think that's what you were getting at, although nine times out of 10 you change the bar when called on something), how does that correlate with a Broncos team that didn't start off slow and has a full game lead in the division after one game?

Didn't the Seahawks leave the AFC West back in the 90s? Wasn't that 15 years ago?

This thread is about what matters during the regular season, which is winning a division title. Your doom and gloom, "the Broncos MUST win the Super Bowl, or ELSE!" spam should go somewhere else. Heaven knows you haven't found any lack of places to put it. The least you could do is put it somewhere else.

Joel
09-10-2014, 11:23 AM
You know what, I will respond to you discussing 2013 Seattle in a thread about the 2014 AFC Weat.

Can you explain to me what last year's Seahawks team has to do with this year's AFC West? I can't think of one thing. You say they started slow (I think that's what you were getting at, although nine times out of 10 you change the bar when called on something), how does that correlate with a Broncos team that didn't start off slow and has a full game lead in the division after one game?
Nearly blowing a 24 pt lead counts as a slow start to me. Sure, it's a win; Seattle won @Houston last year—they just needed OT do it, even with Schaubs lottery impersonation (i.e. weekly pick sixes.) And when the dust settled, it made absolutely NO difference; they still finished with playoff homefield, still rode it to the SB, and still curbstomped us from start to finish. THAT'S the comparison; you're right, the AFCW doesn't have any competition like SF nor even Arizona, but that just makes our job easier: The point is a slow start didn't slow DOWN a popular preseason SB pick.

As to the rest, maybe just showing up to be utterly humiliated and abused in front of literally the entire world is enough for some Denver fans; if so, I don't begrudge them the many "pleasures" of SBs XII, XXI, XXII, XXIV and XLVIII. I want more though, and would expect the same of everyone left crying in their beer after 5 SB beatings—not just losses; Cincy lost: Denver was DESTROYED in EVERY loss. All FIVE of them. For those with Stockholm Syndrome, SB XLVIII secured our place ahead of Minnesota and Buffalo as the SB team to watch, but I enjoyed SBs XXXII and XXXIII far more. YMMV.

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 11:59 AM
And the response: More Seahawks and Super Bowls from 30 years ago.

It's 2014. This is a discussion about the AFC West. In 2014.

Timmy!
09-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Is this the thread to discuss the NFC west in the 80's? San Fran sure kicked our butts 25 years ago eh MO?

Joel
09-10-2014, 12:21 PM
And the response: More Seahawks and Super Bowls from 30 years ago.

It's 2014. This is a discussion about the AFC West. In 2014.
The AFCW has more Seahawks in 2014; more '9ers and Cards, too. But hey, as long as we win the division, that's as good as the 7-9 Seahawks did in 2010, and plenty good enough for a defending Conference Champ with a first ballot HoFer under center, right? Aim low enough and ANYTHING counts as success; good plan. :)

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 12:25 PM
The AFCW has more Seahawks in 2014; more '9ers and Cards, too. But hey, as long as we win the division, that's as good as the 7-9 Seahawks did in 2010, and plenty good enough for a defending Conference Champ with a first ballot HoFer under center, right? Aim low enough and ANYTHING counts as success; good plan. :)

There's a whole other discussion forum for NFC West discussion.

Now **** off unless you want to discuss the topic of this thread.

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Is this the thread to discuss the NFC west in the 80's? San Fran sure kicked our butts 25 years ago eh MO?

Well, you know. Had we not lost big to the 49ers in 1991, we wouldn't have lost big to the Seahawks in 2013.

Joel
09-10-2014, 12:43 PM
There's a whole other discussion forum for NFC West discussion.

Now **** off unless you want to discuss the topic of this thread.
News flash: Every team in the AFCW plays every team in the NFCW this year. And the smart money says the eventual AFC Champs (hopefully us) will face SF or Seattle in the SB.

If we must talk about the AFCW to the exclusion of teams the WHOLE DIVISION PLAYS, yeah, we should repeat as champs, so if we blow the postseason yet again we can just act like Chargers fans and pat ourselves on the back for being a preseason SB favorite that managed to make the playoffs before our season abruptly ended. Oh, I'm pretty sure the Broncos are the best football team in Denver, too, and probably CO, so, y'know, good enough for a team stacked with talent and coming off a SB appearance.

Timmy!
09-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Well, you know. Had we not lost big to the 49ers in 1991, we wouldn't have lost big to the Seahawks in 2013.

Do you think we will ever win a super bowl, or even have a winning season?

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Do you think we will ever win a super bowl, or even have a winning season?

We might have a winning season, but every team we beat isn't that good and if they do win games against good teams it's because they are lucky.

Joel
09-10-2014, 01:25 PM
We might have a winning season, but every team we beat isn't that good and if they do win games against good teams it's because they are lucky.
Hey, I wasn't the one running around last year ranting about how overrated KC was; I think sweeping them was a pair of quality wins, and said so. But maybe it's possible we beat a bunch of great teams even if KC WAS overrated last year; after all, we beat an Eagles team that won its dog division, beat the Bolts once and... ... sorry, can't think of another WINNING team we beat last regular season. We sure smacked around the Raiders, 'Skins and Cowboys though. Even if Washington led us 21-7 on our own field at the start of the 4th qtr, and we needed Romos one and only pick to beat Dallas by a FG.

Well. THIS schedule has 8 games against playoff teams, plus another against a Cardinals team that would've made the playoffs in any other division, so whatever our record, no one can claim our schedule's soft. That doesn't matter though, because I'm apparently only allowed to talk about the games against SD, KC and Oakland, one of whom's garbage and another of whom's apparently overrated AGAIN, so hopefully Denver improves from .500 against the only decent team we're allowed to discuss.

GEM
09-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Or you can just be a fan of some shit team and learn what it really is to be a fan of an insufferable team instead of hopping on in '99 and crying foul that this team doesn't do enough for you. This team whose w-l record over decades proves a dedication to being great. Can they be better? Yea. FFS...come off as a spoiled brat.

Joel
09-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Or you can just be a fan of some shit team and learn what it really is to be a fan of an insufferable team instead of hopping on in '99 and crying foul that this team doesn't do enough for you. This team whose w-l record over decades proves a dedication to being great. Can they be better? Yea. FFS...come off as a spoiled brat.
Wouldn't know; I hopped on in Februrary '97, on the heels of a second year expansion shocking the #1 seeded Broncos by making them "#1-and-done" in their own house, raising all the old criticisms Elway would never win a SB. When NO AFC team had won a Super Bowl in THIRTEEN YEARS. Not my fault the Broncos went out and won back-to-back practically the moment I bought in, but maybe I was right that the way THAT team did things was a championship formula. After all, that was the THIRD (and fourth) straight year I picked next years SB Champ after this years Conference Championships.

Tennessee broke my streak after that, so maybe the game's moved past me, but either way, it's also not my fault everything I feared would happen in the last SB did. My kingdom for run blockers....

GEM
09-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Then go back to Tenn....cause they deserve all the shit talk you give the Broncos. They'd give their left nut to do half the shit the Broncos have.

TXBRONC
09-10-2014, 04:28 PM

Good grief Joel. Johnson is their leader on defense. IIRC he calls the defensive plays in the huddle. I'll give you that Houston and Hali are good pass rushers but for someone who seems pride on how much he knows you for forget that Denver with beat up offensive line (you know the same offensive line you always complain about) held both Houston and Hali to ZERO sacks in both games. Houston didn't play in one of the game but Hali played in both.

Joel you must not watch very much football at ALL. Alex Smith is an average to slightly above average quarterback and no he's not better than Kaepernick. That why he was replaced. Jim Harbaugh knows more about Smith and Kaepernick than any of us ever will given the fact he actually coached both of them. Maybe you're not aware of this but Harbaugh was quarterback in NFL for 14 years.

Here you're given us the what ifs about dropped passes Denver's first meeting with the Chiefs but apparently you're not aware that they didn't really do anything to upgrade their receiving corps.

You think the Chiefs are better than the Chargers? :lol: No.

Joel
09-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Then go back to Tenn....cause they deserve all the shit talk you give the Broncos. They'd give their left nut to do half the shit the Broncos have.
Yeah, but you move from TN to TX, not the other way 'round; pity Bud Adams didn't take that lesson from the Oilers' name sake. But he didn't, and that's that; he's dead now, so maybe their FO will pull its collective head out of its butt, because Bud gave his old pal Al Davis a run for his money when it came to tactical brilliance and strategic incompetence. As in a pass first, last and always teams that DIDN'T HAVE A TE ON THE ROSTER, and whose owner handpicked HoF GUARDS in the draft so he had to convert them to OTs while his HoF QB got blindsided and coughed up the ball. Let's not forget the decadal "win a SB or I'll break up the team" that squandered the talent of Earl Campbell taking them to back-to-back AFCCGs AND the Run 'n Shoot taking them to 7 straight postseasons. That team was a train wreck even when it was good, all thanks to Bud, but when he left town because Houston wouldn't replace the worlds first dome with a bigger stadium when he couldn't even sell out the old one, that was it.

You're right: We're NOT some lesser team like Cleveland or Detroit just honored to finally be in the postseason; we're FAR better than that as a historic franchise, and have far more talent on this roster. We're defending AFC Champs, after breaking a slew of offensive records, but supposed to be excited by the prospect of winning the DIVISION again? That's Charger talk: Denver's better than that—right...?

MOtorboat
09-10-2014, 05:06 PM
If you don't care about winning the division, then get the **** out of the thread.

Joel
09-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Good grief Joel. Johnson is their leader on defense. IIRC he calls the defensive plays in the huddle. I'll give you that Houston and Hali are good pass rushers but for someone who seems pride on how much he knows you for forget that Denver with beat up offensive line (you know the same offensive line you always complain about) held both Houston and Hali to ZERO sacks in both games. Houston didn't play in one of the game but Hali played in both.
Didn't say he wasn't important, just that he's not their whole offense. He does a lot more than most 3-4 ILBs, but the OLB's still ultimately the 3-4s star, and both their star OLBs will play.

Joel you must not watch very much football at ALL. Alex Smith is an average to slightly above average quarterback and no he's not better than Kaepernick. That why he was replaced. Jim Harbaugh knows more about Smith and Kaepernick than any of us ever will given the fact he actually coached both of them. Maybe you're not aware of this but Harbaugh was quarterback in NFL for 14 years.
I'm well aware Harbaugh was runner up to the likes of McMahon and Tomczak his entire career; he's a far better coach than player. Smith looked fine last year, often better than Kaepernick (though I admit I'm a little biased there because Keapernick looks like he should be selling meth out of a trailer rather than starting for an NFL team.) It's not his fault his WRs dropped a lot of good throws in our first game.

Here you're given us the what ifs about dropped passes Denver's first meeting with the Chiefs but apparently you're not aware that they didn't really do anything to upgrade their receiving corps.
I'm aware of that, too; if anything, they have less receiving options without McCluster, and I also haven't forgotten Bowe flat out giving up on a pass at the end of 2012 (though part of me can't blame him.) We can't count on them dropping passes every time we play though, and if they'd caught them the first time we played last year, that game's a lot less fun. It's not like we ran away with either game.

You think the Chiefs are better than the Chargers? :lol: No.
When the Bolts show me a D that's more than smoke and mirrors, then I'll believe them—maybe. Right now they still look like the team where Rivers, Tomlinson, Gates and a 'roided-out D used to cruise to a dozen regular season wins but couldn't beat anyone but Mannings Colts in the playoffs. They won lots of division titles though, so yea. :)

Timmy!
09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Meanwhile, in the current decade, the Broncos have the division lead.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Meanwhile, in the current decade, the Broncos have the division lead.

When was the last time someone else won the division...San Diego, wasn't it?

GEM
09-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but you move from TN to TX, not the other way 'round; pity Bud Adams didn't take that lesson from the Oilers' name sake. But he didn't, and that's that; he's dead now, so maybe their FO will pull its collective head out of its butt, because Bud gave his old pal Al Davis a run for his money when it came to tactical brilliance and strategic incompetence. As in a pass first, last and always teams that DIDN'T HAVE A TE ON THE ROSTER, and whose owner handpicked HoF GUARDS in the draft so he had to convert them to OTs while his HoF QB got blindsided and coughed up the ball. Let's not forget the decadal "win a SB or I'll break up the team" that squandered the talent of Earl Campbell taking them to back-to-back AFCCGs AND the Run 'n Shoot taking them to 7 straight postseasons. That team was a train wreck even when it was good, all thanks to Bud, but when he left town because Houston wouldn't replace the worlds first dome with a bigger stadium when he couldn't even sell out the old one, that was it.

You're right: We're NOT some lesser team like Cleveland or Detroit just honored to finally be in the postseason; we're FAR better than that as a historic franchise, and have far more talent on this roster. We're defending AFC Champs, after breaking a slew of offensive records, but supposed to be excited by the prospect of winning the DIVISION again? That's Charger talk: Denver's better than that—right...?

You act like winning the Super Bowl is some easy feat.Getting to the playoffs is some easy feat. Hell if it's so easy, those teams that have been crap from decades should just be able to get a couple players and be great....right? :laugh:

Joel
09-10-2014, 06:17 PM
When was the last time someone else won the division...San Diego, wasn't it?
The Chiefs. The Bolts won it a lot before, but only reached an AFCCG once in the past decade. Still, lots o' division titles; we were all impressed with what Rivers, Tomlinson and Gates did, right? That's why Norv Turner's still a respected head coach.

You act like winning the Super Bowl is some easy feat.Getting to the playoffs is some easy feat. Hell if it's so easy, those teams that have been crap from decades should just be able to get a couple players and be great....right? :laugh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_choose_to_go_to_the_Moon

Timmy!
09-10-2014, 06:31 PM
And the award for biggest stretch ever goes to.......

Simple Jaded
09-10-2014, 07:47 PM
When you literally hate everything about the direction your team is going only a Super seasons can justify the disappointment, like when McDaniels took over and pretended to be Belicheat himself, I was all, like "this dude better ******* be the second coming to live this down".

Yeah, I know butthurt when I see it, it feels like I'm reading my old diary. Except McDaniels' Broncos never came close to being as good as the Broncos are now.

7DnBrnc53
09-10-2014, 11:49 PM
It's a 3-4: They never HAD a MLB, just a couple ILBs. It's not the same; having a partner lets 3-4 ILBs sit in a soft zone watching for runs or the 4th best receiver unless one of them has his turn to blitz. Look at DJ: He was an outstanding 4-3 WLB and a fine 3-4 ILB—but an AWFUL 4-3 MLB, even in his prime. The Chiefs still have their OLBs, and they're the 3-4s stars; they and the linemen do all the heavy lifting while the ILBs do a 4-3 WLBs job with twice the manpower. They'll be fine; with Vickerson on the line, their front seven might even be BETTER than last year.

And maybe Alex Smith, Dwayne Bowe and Donnie Avery; except for McCluster, their offensive playmakers are pretty much the same as last year, and if Avery and McCluster hadn't dropped a LOT of nice passes from Smith, our Mile High game at least goes into OT.

He's good enough they released the guy he replaced last year, along with a good starting G who's also started at OT. It's far from a stellar line, certainly, but Fisher and his opposite are good enough to keep Ryan Harris on the bench even though I'd start him over Clark if I could.

Well, whatever (in regards to the MLB's). You know what I meant.

As far as the WR's, though, Bowe is on the decline, and the rest of that core is junk. Also, their tackles aren't as good as Indy's. Ware and Von should make it rain this weekend.

MOtorboat
09-14-2014, 06:56 PM

Broncos 24, Chiefs 17
Chargers 30, Seahawks 21
Texans 30, Raiders 14

ShaneFalco
09-14-2014, 06:59 PM
chargers are for real this year

silkamilkamonico
09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
chargers are for real this year

Will be real good games with them this year.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2014, 07:20 PM
The Chargers are for real this week, I'm pretty sure they lost to an average team in what amounted to a home game last week.

VonDoom
09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
The Chargers are for real this week, I'm pretty sure they lost to an average team in what amounted to a home game last week.

This. They're dangerous because sometimes they look amazing and sometimes they look below average. You never know who you're getting that day.

MOtorboat
09-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Five straight wins over the Chiefs.

ShaneFalco
09-14-2014, 11:13 PM

Cardinals are not average.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Cardinals are not average.

It's week 2, how do we know?

Timmy!
09-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Wait.....I thought we were 0-2 and the sky was falling?

OrangeHoof
09-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Yo, scoreboard.

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 10:44 PM

San Diego 22, Buffalo 10
Kansas City 34, Miami 15
Seattle 26, Denver 20

Hawgdriver
09-22-2014, 10:47 PM

San Diego 22, Buffalo 10
Kansas City 34, Miami 15
Seattle 26, Denver 20

Where is the column for Moral Victory Streak?

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Where is the column for Moral Victory Streak?

Those don't exist.

Cardinals in two weeks. Maybe the best two teams in the league meeting for a second straight game. Glad there's a week in between.

DenBronx
09-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Annnd we most likely will be in 2nd or 3rd place in the AFCW next week with the bye.

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Annnd we most likely will be in 2nd or 3rd place in the AFCW next week with the bye.

So? It's week 4.

Joel
09-22-2014, 11:15 PM
We've not played SD, and they don't have NO division win percentage, because they've had no division games, so we go to the next tiebreak: Common opponents

San Diego 1-0
Denver 0-1

I've never liked that common precedes conference (though it makes sense if dissected: Interdivision, common opponents are all from the conference; intradivision I don't want to compare our record vs. 10 teams plus Indy & Cincy to Oaklands record vs. the same 10 teams plus Houston & Cleveland.) But it does, right now it's the only tiebreak between us and they have it: We're nominally 2nd.

Hawgdriver
09-22-2014, 11:17 PM
We've not played SD, and they don't have NO division win percentage, because they've had no division games, so we go to the next tiebreak: Common opponents

San Diego 1-0
Denver 0-1

I've never liked that common precedes conference (though it makes sense if dissected: Interdivision, common opponents are all from the conference; intradivision I don't want to compare our record vs. 10 teams plus Indy & Cincy to Oaklands record vs. the same 10 teams plus Houston & Cleveland.) But it does, right now it's the only tiebreak between us and they have it: We're nominally 2nd.

Did you pop the champagne, or is it too early?

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 11:18 PM

It's never too early to celebrate when Denver does something bad or ends up in a spot that isn't No. 1 for Joel.

aberdien
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM
I feel like Vonnegut would have an issue with the amount of semi-colons Joel employs:

"Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college."

Joel
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM
You've confused me for someone else: I'M not the one doing cartwheels over being second best by 5 TDs last February, or "going the distance" to LOSE Sunday.

MOtorboat
09-22-2014, 11:27 PM
You've confused me for someone else: I'M not the one doing cartwheels over being second best by 5 TDs last February.

A year after saying Manning HAD to get to the Division round, then a year later, Manning HAD to do better than his last season and then a year later saying he HAS to win a championship.

Keep moving that bar.

Probably win this year, and you'll say its not good enough, they have to win two.

Your shit is old. BTW, get the **** out of the thread about the division, as you obviously don't give a shit and you've got enough damn places to complain.

Hawgdriver
09-23-2014, 12:01 AM
I feel like Vonnegut would have an issue with the amount of semi-colons Joel employs:

"Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college."

I'm a semi-colon connoisseur. Vonnegut can eat a Richard Sherman.

DenBronx
09-23-2014, 12:23 AM

So? It's week 4.

Yeah I know. Just going to suck watching either KC or SD win and us not keeping pace. I hate our bye week...way too early.

Joel
09-23-2014, 01:06 AM
A year after saying Manning HAD to get to the Division round, then a year later, Manning HAD to do better than his last season and then a year later saying he HAS to win a championship.

Keep moving that bar.

Probably win this year, and you'll say its not good enough, they have to win two.

Your shit is old. BTW, get the **** out of the thread about the division, as you obviously don't give a shit and you've got enough damn places to complain.
I said I'D consider a first ballot HoFer wasted if we didn't reach at least an AFCCG with him. I doubt second best's good enough for Elway though, and expect the fanbase to meltdown if he retires with no second Ring—ESPECIALLY after the last SB. All we'd hear till the end of time would be how Manning chokes in big games, and the people we'd hear it from most would be Broncos fans. As long as we go farther by the end of each season, I'm happy: Where would going farther than last season put us? Might have to trade in your 2013 American Football Conference Champs hat for a better one.

MOtorboat
09-23-2014, 01:10 AM
I said I'D consider a first ballot HoFer wasted if we didn't reach at least an AFCCG with him. I doubt second best's good enough for Elway though, and expect the fanbase to meltdown if he retires with no second Ring—ESPECIALLY after the last SB. All we'd hear till the end of time would be how Manning chokes in big games, and the people we'd hear it from most would be Broncos fans. As long as we go farther by the end of each season, I'm happy: Where would going farther than last season put us? Might have to trade in your 2013 American Football Conference Champs hat for a better one.

Your words defy your supposed intentions.

And who gives a shit about what "they" would say "till the end of time." My experience is that "they" root for non playoff teams.

MOtorboat
09-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Either way, and I don't know how many times I have to state this for you to understand.

This is about 2014.
It's about the AFC West Division.

It's not about anything else. Go bitch and moan somewhere else, because heaven knows you've ruined enough ******* threads.

Joel
09-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Your words defy your supposed intentions.

And who gives a shit about what "they" would say "till the end of time." My experience is that "they" root for non playoff teams.
Dunno why you bother responding to stuff you don't read; you clearly missed the part about
and the people we'd hear it from most would be Broncos fans

Either way, and I don't know how many times I have to state this for you to understand.

This is about 2014.
It's about the AFC West Division.
Fine: "Either way" you get to proudly shout, "We're #2!!!" Not good enough for me with Peyton Freakin' Manning and more Pro Bowlers than I can count, but YMMV.

MOtorboat
09-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Dunno why you bother responding to stuff you don't read; you clearly missed the part about

Fine: "Either way" you get to proudly shout, "We're #2!!!" Not good enough for me with Peyton Freakin' Manning and more Pro Bowlers than I can count, but YMMV.

Oh, I read it. And as to that, I don't give a shit if you rooting for a team that loses in the Super Bowl embarrasses you. It doesn't embarrass me.

But again, this is about 2014 and the division title. We already know you don't care, so get the **** out of this thread.

Simple Jaded
09-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Utterly ******* pathetic.

Nomad
09-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Keep winning, BRONCOS.....the division is yours.

tripp
09-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I think we'll go 5-1 in our division this year. Can't help but think Chargers will nick one off of us. It helps Woodhead is gone for the season, I kinda wish Mathews was playing, he's a fumbling machine. Keenan Allen tore us apart last year, especially that Thursday night game. We'll have to see this time around. We have another 3 games to play before we play the Chargers, on another freakin' Thursday nighter. A little wary of playing KC at home, I think we'll be able to put them away better next game so long as we play all 4 quarters this time. And Oakland, well... I don't think I need to comment on that.

MOtorboat
09-28-2014, 05:25 PM
At the risk of giving Joel an orgasm, it looks like Denver will end the day in second place.

Nomad
09-28-2014, 05:38 PM
At the risk of giving Joel an orgasm, it looks like Denver will end the day in second place.

That's why I was lol and scratching my head when BRONCOS fans were all giddy about the Chargers beating the Seahawks.

DenBronx
09-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Lol orgasm.

I have to agree with tripp, we might lose one to SD. They look real good right now and you have to give it to them for beating Seattle.

Would love for us to sweep the division again but it's going to be tough. I do believe SD got stronger while KC and Oakland got weaker.

MOtorboat
That's why I was lol and scratching my head when BRONCOS fans were all giddy about the Chargers beating the Seahawks.

Still not worried.

Joel
Well, we STARTED the day in second place, and the Jags are barely an NFL team, so....

MOtorboat
Well, we STARTED the day in second place, and the Jags are barely an NFL team, so....

No wonder you've been so giddy.

Nomad
09-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Still not worried.

No worries, but Seahawks could have done us the favor and not suck on the road.:lol:

DenBronx
09-28-2014, 05:42 PM

I have to admit, I liked Seattle losing, even if it meant someone in our division did it. 43-8 is all that's on my mind right now and I have a very long list on why I hate Seattle anyway. No worries because by the time the season ends we will have the better record.

Nomad
09-28-2014, 05:43 PM
No wonder you've been so giddy.

I saw Joel's Texans won.:lol:

MOtorboat
09-28-2014, 05:43 PM
I saw Joel's Texans won.:lol:

Yeah, but the Oilers lost.

Nomad
09-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Yeah, but the Oilers lost.

My Dad use to be an Oiler's fan until they moved to Tenn.

Nomad
09-28-2014, 05:49 PM
I have to admit, I liked Seattle losing, even if it meant someone in our division did it. 43-8 is all that's on my mind right now and I have a very long list on why I hate Seattle anyway. No worries because by the time the season ends we will have the better record.

I have no doubt the BRONCOS win the division. I just don't have the dislike enough for the Seahawks to root for another AFC West team, and that's even with my in-laws being Seahawk fans from Seattle area.:lol:

Joel
09-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Pretty much had the same thought. It's not like someone beating Seattle could help us in ANY way, since they're not even in our conference. I mean, I guess it could theoretically have a SoV/S effect on any tiebreaker that went that far, but other than it's irrelevant—except it means a division rival's good enough to beat the SB Champs by two scores; there's NO way that's good news for us.

San Diegos SOLE loss was by a SINGLE point on the road against an unbeaten Cards team that won 10 games last year despite playing both NFCCG teams twice along with NO and Carolina. The only good news for us is that if we can beat Arizona next week we'll knot the common opponent tiebreak, so the only difference would be half a game for the bye.

My Dad use to be an Oiler's fan until they moved to Tenn.
Also right where I'm at; I DO get giddy every time the Texans beat the Titans, which it looks like they'll do twice this year. :)

MOtorboat
09-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Pretty much had the same thought. It's not like someone beating Seattle could help us in ANY way, since they're not even in our conference. I mean, I guess it could theoretically have a SoV/S effect on any tiebreaker that went that far, but other than it's irrelevant—except it means a division rival's good enough to beat the SB Champs by two scores; there's NO way that's good news for us.

San Diegos SOLE loss was by a SINGLE point on the road against an unbeaten Cards team that won 10 games last year despite playing both NFCCG teams twice along with NO and Carolina. The only good news for us is that if we can beat Arizona next week we'll knot the common opponent tiebreak, so the only difference would be half a game for the bye.

Also right where I'm at; I DO get giddy every time the Texans beat the Titans, which it looks like they'll do twice this year. :)

Oh man!

Joel is enjoying this, isn't he?

He's practically shaking with excitement.

Joel
09-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Oh man!

Joel is enjoying this, isn't he?

He's practically shaking with excitement.
It's funny how you're the guy who cheers at every loss yet insist I'M the one who enjoys them.

MOtorboat
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
It's funny how you're the guy who cheers at every loss yet insist I'M the one who enjoys them.

Wut?

Northman
09-28-2014, 06:45 PM

What difference does it make? Its only week 4. :lol:

Northman
09-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Lol orgasm.

I have to agree with tripp, we might lose one to SD. They look real good right now and you have to give it to them for beating Seattle.

Would love for us to sweep the division again but it's going to be tough. I do believe SD got stronger while KC and Oakland got weaker.

SD is playing top notch football for sure. They actually look more impressive than we do. And although i hate the Chargers it was good to see Royal play well. I miss him on our squad.

BroncoWave
09-28-2014, 06:47 PM
What difference does it make? Its only week 4. :lol:

It makes the same difference as a game played in week 17. Every game counts the same. Nomad makes a good point. Would have been more beneficial to Denver for Seattle to win that game.

Northman
09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
It makes the same difference as a game played in week 17. Every game counts the same. Nomad makes a good point. Would have been more beneficial to Denver for Seattle to win that game.

Had Denver beaten the Seahawks it wouldnt of meant anything. So there is that.

BroncoWave
09-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Had Denver beaten the Seahawks it wouldnt of meant anything. So there is that.

How so?

Northman
09-28-2014, 06:51 PM
How so?

Denver would be undefeated without worrying about what SD does.

BroncoWave
09-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Denver would be undefeated without worrying about what SD does.

Yeah, but we're not going undefeated. NFL teams lose games. It's always beneficial to have other teams in your division lose to give you a little breathing room.

Even still we control our own destiny if we sweep SD. That doesn't mean it's meaningless if SD wins or loses other games. Chances are we'll drop a couple of games here and there. Any game SD loses is good for us.

tripp
09-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Our run game is just as bad as the Chargers, actually, I'll say the Chargers is worse as they have a couple of RB's injured. I watched most of the SD game, and they barely ran. It was all Rivers, and most of them were dump offs to the RB. I'm not going to speculate too much or give SD too much credit, as they did beat the Jags, however, it is worth noting Chargers can be explosive and can manage a game without being able to run, AND are the best in the NFL on 3rd downs.

Northman
09-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Even still we control our own destiny if we sweep SD. .

This is all you had to post because its the only thing that is relevant. Know why? Because (wait for it) the Chargers are actually going out and controlling their own destiny.

BroncoWave
09-28-2014, 07:04 PM
This is all you had to post because its the only thing that is relevant. Know why? Because (wait for it) the Chargers are actually going out and controlling their own destiny.

That's all fine and dandy North, but in the real world NFL teams lose games. You almost never see teams go 16-0 or 15-1. Denver's not gonna go 15-1 in this year. That's just a fact. Neither is San Diego. Given that we're both gonna drop other games most likely, there is no shame in hoping that SD drops a few more than we do.

Yeah we "control our own destiny" but that doesn't mean we can't also root for SD to lose and make our jobs easier. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

VonDoom
09-28-2014, 07:05 PM
What Bronco fan was happy about SD beating the Seahawks? That was literally the only game all year I wanted the Seahawks to win.

Also, there's a good chance SD doesn't lose another game before we play them - they're home to the Jets, at the Raiders, home to the Chiefs. That Thursday game we play them will be huge.

Northman
09-28-2014, 07:07 PM
That's all fine and dandy North, but in the real world NFL teams lose games. You almost never see teams go 16-0 or 15-1. Denver's not gonna go 15-1 in this year. That's just a fact. Neither is San Diego. Given that we're both gonna drop other games most likely, there is no shame in hoping that SD drops a few more than we do.

Yeah we "control our own destiny" but that doesn't mean we can't also root for SD to lose and make our jobs easier. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

Of course there is no problem with rooting for SD to lose. But for me, in that particular game i enjoyed watching the Hawks lose.

BroncoWave
09-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Of course there is no problem with rooting for SD to lose. But for me, in that particular game i enjoyed watching the Hawks lose.

I wasn't sad to see Seattle lose either, but as it much as it may pain me to root for them, I always root for the NFC when they play an AFC team, because I have no shame in rooting for Denver to get all the help they can get.

tripp
09-28-2014, 07:10 PM
What Bronco fan was happy about SD beating the Seahawks? That was literally the only game all year I wanted the Seahawks to win.

Also, there's a good chance SD doesn't lose another game before we play them - they're home to the Jets, at the Raiders, home to the Chiefs. That Thursday game we play them will be huge.

I hate to say it, but I had mixed feelings, but ultimately I was happy. I knew the Chargers will drop games this year, I'm still pissed off with the SB. Any time the Seahawks lose, although doesn't affect us as much as SD losing does, it still felt really like a win for us. So tired of hearing about Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Legion of Boom, blah blah blah.

Joel
09-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Wut?
We LOST last week: Why do YOU keep orgasming over THAT?

Excuse me, but that was MY point: He just reiterated it. We've been in SECOND place in the AFCW ever since Lynchs TD won that game in OT; it just took some homers a week to realize it.

VonDoom
09-28-2014, 07:29 PM
I hate to say it, but I had mixed feelings, but ultimately I was happy. I knew the Chargers will drop games this year, I'm still pissed off with the SB. Any time the Seahawks lose, although doesn't affect us as much as SD losing does, it still felt really like a win for us. So tired of hearing about Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Legion of Boom, blah blah blah.

I get that, but that wasn't my feeling on that game. Anyway, that's in the past, so it doesn't matter now. I'll go on record by saying I have no problem rooting for KC in tomorrow night's game, though :beer:

BroncoWave
09-28-2014, 07:31 PM
I get that, but that wasn't my feeling on that game. Anyway, that's in the past, so it doesn't matter now. I'll go on record by saying I have no problem rooting for KC in tomorrow night's game, though :beer:

Definitely. NE is more of a threat to the 1 seed than KC is to the division.

tripp
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM

Hahaha, gah... I'm rooting for them too. KC Chiefs are annoying, but not nearly as much as Pats fans are, especially living in the east coast. That is actually the only game this week I've been really looking forward to, happy that it's in Arrowhead too.

Northman
09-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Go NE

MOtorboat
09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
We LOST last week: Why do YOU keep orgasming over THAT?

Interesting. I wonder where this happened?

wcben
09-29-2014, 01:12 AM
I'm expecting a Pats blow out tomorrow night.. you heard it here first.. hope I'm wrong but #cheatriots

Joel
09-29-2014, 05:26 AM
His WRs still suck, but if Brady can't carve up KCs secondary with Berry hurt and Flowers in SD, maybe it's time he switched to modeling full time and left the NFL to younger guys. I AM rooting for the AFCW team in that one though, because NE and Cincy have much easier schedules than we do, so every time someone beats them our path to a bye and homefield gets a little easier.

We still must take care of business against the rest of the AFCW though to avoid ending up in the situation KC faced last year. And like 2012, all or most of last years AFC division champs are likely to repeat. So the bottom line is we really do control our own destiny: We'll play every team likely to challenge for the division, a bye and playoff homefield, so if we really are the AFCs best division, we'll prove it.

PatriotsGuy
09-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Hahaha, gah... I'm rooting for them too. KC Chiefs are annoying, but not nearly as much as Pats fans are, especially living in the east coast. That is actually the only game this week I've been really looking forward to, happy that it's in Arrowhead too.

Where do you live?

DenBronx
10-05-2014, 12:57 PM

It was me and I don't care because right now I hate Seattle that much. All we have to do is take care of our own business and beat SD. I just wanted to see Seattle get beat like a drum everytime they play. There is deffinitely a chink in that armor of theirs now.

Joel
10-05-2014, 01:45 PM
It was me and I don't care because right now I hate Seattle that much. All we have to do is take care of our own business and beat SD. I just wanted to see Seattle get beat like a drum everytime they play. There is deffinitely a chink in that armor of theirs now.
The "chink" in their armor is their run D suffers (though it's still not awful) because it's hard to stop the run with 7 or 8 guys backed off in coverage every down. However, they do that because they're almost literally DESIGNED to beat US; until/unless we find at least a decent run game, that can't help us. 43-8 pretty GLOBALLY "exposed" whose armor has a chink.

If we ever consistently manage MORE than 3 yds before our cloud of dust, that all changes and we'll be unstoppable. Not even Seattles 'roid-raging cheap shot artists could stuff the run AND cover THREE All Pros catching passes from a first ballot HoFer: The pass rushers would have to keep their heads up to be alert and ready for a run instead of just pinning their ears back and charging Manning every down, the LBs couldn't all drop into a soft zone giving away 5 yd runs for free and they'd have to actually HONOR play action instead of ignoring it except to say, "go ahead, run—if you dare...."

Hawgdriver
10-19-2014, 06:12 PM
bump

sneakers
10-19-2014, 06:16 PM
bless the chefs

OrangeHoof
10-19-2014, 06:34 PM
bless the chefs

Not to nitpick but when you have 2nd and 2 on the opponents' 30 with :30 left and one timeout, why did they throw two poor short pass plays and then kick the FG with :20 left for the other team to try to make a comeback?

Run the dang ball for the first down and bleed the clock down to :03 left and then kick the FG, leaving the other guys no time. If you want to try to move the ball further down the field so the kicker has an easier FG try, that's a good idea too. I just feel like Reid mismanaged that and was lucky it didn't cost him.

OrangeHoof
10-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Prior to the Sunday night game:

DEN 4-1 (1-0 in division)
SD 5-2 (1-1 in division)
KC 4-3 (1-1 in division)

guitarj
10-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Not to nitpick but when you have 2nd and 2 on the opponents' 30 with :30 left and one timeout, why did they throw two poor short pass plays and then kick the FG with :20 left for the other team to try to make a comeback?

Run the dang ball for the first down and bleed the clock down to :03 left and then kick the FG, leaving the other guys no time. If you want to try to move the ball further down the field so the kicker has an easier FG try, that's a good idea too. I just feel like Reid mismanaged that and was lucky it didn't cost him.
They were out of timeouts.
KC is 3-3 by the way

tripp
10-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Have to pick your poison here, glad the Chiefs won.

Joel
10-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Have to pick your poison here, glad the Chiefs won.
The Bolts worry me far more, especially coming to Denver pissed on a short week, when we may be a bit relaxed and distracted after Manning set another career record DESTROYING a very good team.

All that said, this was the first Bolts game I've watched this year, and they didn't look all that invincible. Their offense is as good as advertised; Rivers hasn't had many good WRs most of his career, but he's got a great quartet now, and they could hurt our secondary if we can't pressure him Thursday. Their D still looked weak to me though, even before they lost Flowers, and if he's concussed he probably won't clear the protocol in time to play Thursday. They're still blitzing to make up for a soft secondary, and Manning eats blitzes alive. I'm a little worried about Liuget vs. Franklin, and their WRs, but that's it.

Nomad
10-20-2014, 08:27 AM
BRONCOS have their time to make a statement in the AFC West on Thursday Night, Manning & Co better show up. Cant be happy just breaking records.

Nomad
10-20-2014, 08:39 AM
The Bolts worry me far more, especially coming to Denver pissed on a short week, when we may be a bit relaxed and distracted after Manning set another career record DESTROYING a very good team.

All that said, this was the first Bolts game I've watched this year, and they didn't look all that invincible. Their offense is as good as advertised; Rivers hasn't had many good WRs most of his career, but he's got a great quartet now, and they could hurt our secondary if we can't pressure him Thursday. Their D still looked weak to me though, even before they lost Flowers, and if he's concussed he probably won't clear the protocol in time to play Thursday. They're still blitzing to make up for a soft secondary, and Manning eats blitzes alive. I'm a little worried about Liuget vs. Franklin, and their WRs, but that's it.

No excuses......Chargers coming off a short week as well. It's a home game for Denver, just get the W, BRONCOS!

VonDoom
10-20-2014, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I think that the timing is such that Flowers won't be able to play on Thursday. Apparently Verrett is hurt too (I haven't been paying that much attention). That should be a big help in that game.

OrangeHoof
10-20-2014, 10:08 AM
The Chiefs wore down the SD defense by holding the ball 2/3rds of the time. The SD offense probably is fresh and somebody is going to need to cover Gates (hopefully not Rahim), but if the defense can handle that, they should be okay against Phyllis.

Joel
10-20-2014, 07:04 PM
No excuses......Chargers coming off a short week as well. It's a home game for Denver, just get the W, BRONCOS!
Oh, totally; SD has a really steep hill to climb given all their injured starters and travelling on a short week after a deflating loss. We only lose if we blow it or they're just better, which is on us either way.

Yeah, I think that the timing is such that Flowers won't be able to play on Thursday. Apparently Verrett is hurt too (I haven't been paying that much attention). That should be a big help in that game.
I forget the injury but, yeah he was out vs. KC; dunno if he'll be ready Thursday. If not, we should SHRED that secondary; according to Google, DT is 4" taller, 50 lbs. heavier AND ran the 40 a tenth of a second faster than Shareece Wright. His measurables actually match Sanders better, but he's still a bit lighter and slower.

The Chiefs wore down the SD defense by holding the ball 2/3rds of the time. The SD offense probably is fresh and somebody is going to need to cover Gates (hopefully not Rahim), but if the defense can handle that, they should be okay against Phyllis.
Gates could definitely hurt us; he's practically made a career of it, and unlike previous SD teams, this one has enough too many good WRs for to ignore them and give someone help with Gates. I'd worry even with Trevathan healthy, but, must as I like Marshall, Gates would blow right past him, and Irving would be worse. Conventional wisdom says Ward should cover him, and that may still be the best bet since we need all of Talib, Harris and Roby to cover Floyd, Royal and Allen.

That and a couple LB zones would leave the front four little help against runs (which McCoys team does often and well,) but our run D's stout, and hopefully up to the fourth string RBs to which SD's been reduced. It won't leave much room for FS free-lancing though (read: If Rahim "Legend in His Own Mind" Moore hotdogging it again costs us another TD I'll beat him with a shovel. :tongue:) Still and so, I'd rather have our D against their offense than vice versa.

A note of caution: They're top 5 vs. the pass but average vs. the run, and we're the opposite; if it comes down to whether Rivers or Hillman can light up a soft defense more, I know who I'd pick....

Hawgdriver
10-20-2014, 11:08 PM
There once was a poster named Joel
Who posted with bowels full
Used so many words
To tell all the nerds
Something no one bothered to mull.

Joel
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
There once was a poster named Joel
Who posted with bowels full
Used so many words
To tell all the nerds
Something no one bothered to mull.
Pretty weak "nerds" then; mulling copious data is kind of the nerds defining quality. I could do with more nerds and fewer console jockeys, probably because my first computers graphics options were "amber or green" (which was a pretty easy "choice.")

Hawgdriver
10-21-2014, 12:36 AM
True. I'll work on my diction. And wth you talking about easy amber green graphics choices?

Joel
10-21-2014, 04:51 AM
True. I'll work on my diction. And wth you talking about easy amber green graphics choices?
As in "I've been a nerd long enough to have owned several monochrome monitors, so what do you expect?" I still wonder who thought amber was a good idea; probably a blind dude who wanted company.

MOtorboat
12-14-2014, 07:07 PM
#Winning

BroncoWave
12-14-2014, 07:18 PM
I noticed Joel hasn't posted in over two weeks. I guess you finally chased him away MO.

VonDoom
12-14-2014, 08:42 PM
I noticed Joel hasn't posted in over two weeks. I guess you finally chased him away MO.

I kind of assumed he got banned.

VonDoom
12-14-2014, 08:43 PM
That was yet another road division win to wrap up the title. How great is that? Manning is now 16-1 in the division since he's been here, and 9-0 on the road. Other teams must hate us.