PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2014 Week 1 Preview - Broncos vs Colts

EmDiggy
09-06-2014, 07:13 AM
FBGP's Broncos vs Colts Week 1 Preview (http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2014-nfl-week-1-preview-colts-vs-broncos/)

Good morning Broncos fans! Good luck this week!

Em

TXBRONC
09-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks Emory. You're always a welcomed guest here BF.

I think laid out everything very nicely. I think Denver has the edge of their corners being matched up on Colts wide receivers. Covering the tight end could be problematic with Trevathan sidelined for the next few weeks. Trevathan doesn't get a lot of press but he's very good all round linebacker who is very good coverage. Anyway, on both sides of the ball I don't the Colts have enough to beat the Broncos.

EmDiggy
09-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks Emory. You're always a welcomed guest here BF.

I think laid out everything very nicely. I think Denver has the edge of their corners being matched up on Colts wide receivers. Covering the tight end could be problematic with Trevathan sidelined for the next few weeks. Trevathan doesn't get a lot of press but he's very good all round linebacker who is very good coverage. Anyway, on both sides of the ball I don't the Colts have enough to beat the Broncos.

Thanks TXBronc! It'll be interesting to see how creative they get without DT in the lineup as far as coverage is concerned

Simple Jaded
09-06-2014, 10:36 AM
DT is not in the lineup?

TXBRONC
09-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks TXBronc! It'll be interesting to see how creative they get without DT in the lineup as far as coverage is concerned

Do you mean Welker?

tripp
09-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Either going to be a shoot out, or a blow out. I don't necessarily think our defence is going to gel right away, but I do expect Andy Luck to be under a lot of pressure tomorrow night from D-Ware and Von. This is a different story this year, as opposed to when we went to Indy, our house, fresh team, healthy o-line.

TXBRONC
09-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Either going to be a shoot out, or a blow out. I don't necessarily think our defence is going to gel right away, but I do expect Andy Luck to be under a lot of pressure tomorrow night from D-Ware and Von. This is a different story this year, as opposed to when we went to Indy, our house, fresh team, healthy o-line.

The Colts don't have that many weapons.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2014, 01:10 PM
DT is not in the lineup?
He's referring to Danny Trevathan.

tripp
09-06-2014, 01:12 PM
The Colts don't have that many weapons.

T.Y. Hilton might be enough to cause us aggravation. And I still consider Reggie Wayne to be a nuisance. I also think Andy Luck makes players around him better and alleviates their game. They beat San Fran, Seattle, and us last year..

Ravage!!!
09-06-2014, 01:15 PM
T.Y. Hilton might be enough to cause us aggravation. And I still consider Reggie Wayne to be a nuisance. I also think Andy Luck makes players around him better and alleviates their game. They beat San Fran, Seattle, and us last year..

Exactly, and that was without Reggie and Luck only being in his second season in the NFL. That boy is GOOD...ELITE good. The Colts have Hilton, Wayne, and Hicks, plus their running game and TEs. They have the weapons, alright.

tripp
09-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Exactly, and that was without Reggie and Luck only being in his second season in the NFL. That boy is GOOD...ELITE good. The Colts have Hilton, Wayne, and Hicks, plus their running game and TEs. They have the weapons, alright.

Only saving grace is Robert Mathis is out which caused us to have a safety and terrorized us when Franklin was injured, and we have a healthy O-line with Clady back. I still expect the 1st half to be a struggle, I don't see us firing TD's right out of the gate.

Simple Jaded
09-06-2014, 07:55 PM

Donte Moncreif is gonna be good too.