PDA

View Full Version : Benoit: Broncos - Even Better Than Before

VonDoom
09-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Andy Benoit has been previewing every team leading up to the start of the season, and today he got to us. Benoit is one of my favorite NFL writers, even though he for some odd reason picks the Colts and Patriots to meet in the AFCCG this year. Anyway, good article to hold you over until Sunday:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/03/denver-broncos-preview-nfl/

Franklin was far from the only weakness that stood out in Super Bowl 48. Wideout Eric Decker absolutely could not shake press coverage. To the surprise of some—though no one who studied Broncos film week in and week out—Decker was allowed to walk in free agency. He signed a five-year, $36.25 million contract with the Jets and Elway brought in the superior Emmanuel Sanders for three years, $15 million. Sanders set a career-high with 740 yards receiving in Pittsburgh last year, which was 548 fewer than the career-high Decker set. But everyone for Denver posted career highs (or close to it) playing in what was the most prolific offense in NFL history. Sanders, with his multidirectional speed and quickness, poses a tougher matchup for defenses.

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2014, 03:30 AM
I did like Decker - and wanted to keep him, simply because of his reliability in the Red Zone - but i am glad Sanders is here and fancy him to see a lot of balls from PFM this year.