PDA

View Full Version : Manning, Broncos preparing for season opener

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 08:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – When the Broncos faced the Colts last season, all eyes were on Peyton Manning. He was greeted with a heartfelt tribute video upon his return to Indianapolis, making for an emotional night for No. 18.

While the Colts will forever be the team where he spent the first 14 years of his NFL career, Sunday night’s matchup isn’t about how Manning will fare against his former team. Sunday will be the first look at the Broncos post-Super Bowl XLVIII, debuting a team that looks vastly different than one last season.

The Broncos host the Colts on Sunday Night Football on NBC. During his press conference on Wednesday, Manning stressed the excitement that surrounds season openers.

“Regular-season season opener: It doesn’t get much bigger than this aside from the postseason,” Manning said. “I’ve always said opening day, opening night, is a playoff-type atmosphere. I am tired of talking; I am looking forward to playing some real football.”

rest, plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Broncos-preparing-for-season-opener/6cea1203-9348-4213-9c6a-c8d0fbfe0acb