PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker suspended 4 games

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi
Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 2m

Per sources, Wes Welker has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's PED policy. It was for amphetamines.

Slick
09-02-2014, 06:00 PM
What was I thinking? Mods, just delete mine. Carol is all over it as usual.

dogfish
09-02-2014, 06:01 PM
freakin' loser. . .

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Why would you take amphetamines for any reason other than partying? - What can you use them for to enhance performance?

MOtorboat
Awesome.

MOtorboat
Why would you take amphetamines for any reason other than partying? - What can you use them for to enhance performance?

Baseball players took greenies for years.

VonDoom
09-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Well, that sucks. Plenty of time to recover from that concussion, though

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Baseball players took greenies for years.

to improve concentration?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 3s

The NFL has a substance problem. And it's not just weed.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 17s

You wonder if Welker took "extra measures" to combat his multiple concussions. Amphetamines have been around a long time in pro sports.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 25s

Can the Broncos just play football? How hard is it to play football?

Ravage!!!
09-02-2014, 06:06 PM
wow...

One way to shorten a season is to have all our players suspended. I know its just a kicker and a WR that is nearly out of the league from concussions anyway, but still.

I'm sure Wes will say it was used to deal with the "pain" from the concussions.... just like that other dude said he was only taking the fertility drug so he could get his wife pregnant....not to hide his steroid use. Words that will be used to get the sympathy from the fans/public.

I guess the good news is that this will give him more time to heal up from his latest concussion, and will give our other players some time to work out of the slot to fill his spot before he comes back and is ready to fill in the gaps.

GEM
09-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Maybe the Broncos need to offer the DARE program. :rolleyes:

elsid13
09-02-2014, 06:13 PM
PFT is reporting it was Molly cut with AMP that caused the positive test. Same as the Dallas safety.

GEM
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Dudes on ecstacy with all those concussions. Guess he just don't give a shit if his brain is mush.

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2014, 06:18 PM
PFT is reporting it was Molly cut with AMP that caused the positive test. Same as the Dallas safety.

What is molly? i am not familiar with this term

dogfish
09-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Dudes on ecstacy with all those concussions. Guess he just don't give a shit if his brain is mush.

"It makes the concussions more groovy, baby."

elsid13
09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
What is molly? i am not familiar with this term

ecstasy

Softskull
09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
It will probably save him at least one more concussion this year. Still disappointing. Does he know that he's in the NFL?

And since I've reached the age where 14 year olds crush me in video games and I don't know drug street names. Molly is recreational?

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2014, 06:22 PM
ah - i used to love an ecstasy amphetamine combo - but then again, i was 17, and not a professional sportman

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Molly is recreational?

Hell yeah = I effin love you man!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Vic Lombardi just said that the Broncos' coaches have not been notified as yet by the NFL of this, so it's news to them.

dogfish
09-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Molly is recreational?

yes. . . the term is short for "molecule"-- i believe it originally was used as a referrence for buying the drug in a loose powder form, as opposed to pressed tablets. . .

also, the distinction between ecstasy and amphetamine is blurry, at best. . . ecstasy IS a type of methamphetamine-- that's what the MA at the end of MDMA is for. . . i've heard chemists refer to it as an "amphetamine analogue," but they're definitely in the same family and share some of the same chemical structure. . .

Tangerine
09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
I was thinking adderall, but if it was ecstasy, that's just plain silly

OrangeHoof
09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Question:

Does Welker need to be cleared to play before his suspension starts or does his suspension and concussion recovery get to overlap? It might not be as bad a penalty as one might think.

UnderArmour
09-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Question:

Does Welker need to be cleared to play before his suspension starts or does his suspension and concussion recovery get to overlap? It might not be as bad a penalty as one might think.

Overlap. Suspensions do not take injuries into consideration.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended four games for use of amphetamines, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Welker was excused from practice Aug. 20-21 to attend his appeal hearing, sources told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.

Welker returned to the practice field Monday as he continues through the NFL's concussion protocol. Welker suffered his third concussion since Nov. 17 during the preseason.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11455813/wes-welker-denver-broncos-suspended-four-games-use-amphetamines

dogfish
09-02-2014, 06:37 PM
lol. . . PFT is reporting that he took it at the ketucky derby-- no wonder he was handing out hundies after he won. . .

atwater27
09-02-2014, 06:38 PM
This makes no sense. I always thought of wes as a squeaky clean dude. Ecstasy? That makes no sense. There must be some sort of drug combo that is for recovery enhancement, anybody know about this? I refuse to believe the guy has the same mindset as Miley Cyrus.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Wes Welker won't be available for the start of the season, but it has nothing to do with the concussion he recently suffered.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that Welker has been suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy, according to sources. Welker's appeal happened two weeks ago and parties were notified today that he lost the appeal.

Breer reports that Welker's positive test came in May, so the suspension doesn't hit the Broncos brass as a surprise. They are far more well-equipped to handle the loss on the field than most squads. Emmanuel Sanders looked fantastic in the preseason, and he's better playing out of the slot than on the outside. Tight end Julius Thomas can handle a lot of the dirty work between the numbers where Welker resides. Veteran Andre Caldwell and second-round pick Cody Latimer should also get more snaps.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000388423/article/wes-welker-suspended-four-games-for-ped-use

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2014, 06:40 PM
This makes no sense. I always thought of wes as a squeaky clean dude. Ecstasy? That makes no sense. There must be some sort of drug combo that is for recovery enhancement, anybody know about this? I refuse to believe the guy has the same mindset as Miley Cyrus.

No - he just likes to get wasted.

Tned
09-02-2014, 06:41 PM
How do you say ____ __ in Spanish? Unbelievable.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

Magnificent Seven
09-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Crap!

Tangerine
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM

increíble - according to google translate

spikerman
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM

"Dos lineas?"

MasterShake
09-02-2014, 06:58 PM
I wonder if he missed those practices vs the Texans for his appeal?

VonDoom
09-02-2014, 07:02 PM
I wonder if he missed those practices vs the Texans for his appeal?

Yep - see Carol's post above

Slick
09-02-2014, 07:04 PM
"Dos lineas?"

I thought I could probably help him with that depending on what exactly he wanted to say but I like your answer better.

Davii
09-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Utterly ridiculous Wes

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 19m

The NFL won't admit it, but they have a big problem with Adderall in this league. It's prevalent in all of sports. Not just pros either.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 31m

By the way, Broncos coaches still haven't been notified of a suspension. They have to be furious.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 07:15 PM
from article:

An appeal has already been denied. FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports that the Broncos have known about Welker's suspension since before training came began, but were holding out hope that the appeal would reverse it.

full article - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-wes-welker-suspended-four-games-for-use-of-amphetamines-090214

Slick
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM

The NFL won't admit it, but they have a big problem with Adderall in this league. It's prevalent in all of sports. Not just pros either.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 31m

By the way, Broncos coaches still haven't been notified of a suspension. They have to be furious.

Someone should tell Vic that Glazer's got the scoop on him.

weazel
09-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Just f'n retire

guitarj
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
What a chuckle head!

Nomad
09-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Sounds like he's trying to find ways to prolonged his dwindling career. Whatever he's taking will only mask the future problems ahead.

LTC Pain
09-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Screw Welker!

SWotRR
09-02-2014, 07:32 PM
This news just makes me :doh:

G_Money
09-02-2014, 07:34 PM

el stupido burro.

MOtorboat
09-02-2014, 07:37 PM
lol. . . PFT is reporting that he took it at the ketucky derby-- no wonder he was handing out hundies after he won. . .

That is one hell of a story right there.

"So, like, we took some E and then went to the Derby and the Derby ****** up and gave me too much money, but I was ****** up out of my mind and have all the money away."

G_Money
09-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Welker likes to party. I don't have a problem with that. Maybe he likes to mask his symptoms with drugs. When they're prescription that's okay, and when they're not it isn't. How he deals with the rigors of the NFL is also up to him.

But there are rules about it, and he's costing himself money and us a slot receiver. Since I felt like he was gonna miss a game or two anyway, and even then might have been coming back early, I'm not broken up about it. I'd rather lose him for a month and have him the rest of the season and through the Super Bowl than have him bouncing back and forth from concussion to concussion all year.

But really, I'd rather it not happen at all. Latimer and Caldwell, suit up. We've got the receivers to make it work. Just be glad it isn't DT or JT, I guess.

Slick
09-02-2014, 07:45 PM
el stupido burro.

The adjective goes after the noun G. I'm almost hard here. I got to correct a novelist's grammar.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 07:45 PM
from article:

Welker's concussion and pending appeal gave the Broncos time to prepare to play without him. The most likely option for the offense is that wideout Emmanuel Sanders playing more in the slot while Andre Caldwell sees more time as an outside receiver. Welker's absence could also lead to playing time for second-round draft pick Cody Latimer and veteran tight end Jacob Tamme, who can also play from the slot.

full article - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/09/02/wes-welker-suspended-four-games-amphetamine-denver/14992795/

Slick
09-02-2014, 07:47 PM
I'd love to hear what Peyton had to say to Wes.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Wes Welker will miss the first four games of the season, but not because of a concussion.

The NFL has issued the Broncos' slot receiver a four-game suspension for violating the league's performance-enhancement policy, two sources confirmed. The league found Welker tested positive for the amphetamine Adderall, a pharmaceutical drug often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

While it takes two failed tests under the substance-abuse policy to be suspended four games, one positive test for performance enhancing drugs draws a four-game suspension.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26454229/wes-welker-suspended-4-games-taking-banned-substance

G_Money
09-02-2014, 07:54 PM
The adjective goes after the noun G. I'm almost hard here. I got to correct a novelist's grammar.

*laughs* I should stick to English. Or maybe cussing.

OrangeHoof
09-02-2014, 08:02 PM
That is one hell of a story right there.

"So, like, we took some E and then went to the Derby and the Derby ****** up and gave me too much money, but I was ****** up out of my mind and have all the money away."

Should have picked up a jar of horse piss while he was there to beat the test. It's what Von would have done.

Nomad
09-02-2014, 08:06 PM
My coworker had a brain tumor removed a few years ago, and he uses adderall. He told it keeps him awake, whereas if he didn't, he would sleep 14-15 hours a day.

And then my other coworker uses it because he has ADHD

:confused: what adderall does:lol:

G_Money
09-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Adderall keeps you alert and ridiculously focused. Drug of choice on college campus for midterms and finals weeks, and by techies for impossible projects with ridiculous deadlines.

I dunno that NFL players really use Adderall as much as they say they do. When they pop for amphetamines, they just SAY it was Adderall instead of meth or whatever, because the league is not allowed to say WHICH drug in that class of drugs they tested positive for.

But in Wes's case, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he did use Adderall to help offset the Tom Hanks Brain Cloud effect of concussions.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was partying with an entirely different and more party-oriented drug in that class either.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 08:26 PM
from article:

Welker tested positive from a sample taken shortly after he attended the Kentucky Derby, according to sources. He argued that the sample was tainted.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11455813/wes-welker-denver-broncos-suspended-four-games-use-amphetamines also video - Adam Schefter talking about this

Buff
09-02-2014, 08:32 PM

I know I'm turned on!

But it's probably just the molly.

CrazyHorse
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise. I didn't want him to come back right away after the concussion. This way he'll have more time to heal. Bubba and Latimer better step up.

spikerman
09-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Paging Mr. Sanders. Mr. Sanders, please report to the slot. Thank you.

cousin Eddie
09-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Are you freakin kidding me?

cousin Eddie
09-02-2014, 08:51 PM
I've followed this site for a couple of years. I'm a big Bronco fan. I've never posted anything but this Welker suspension thing has finally prompted me to say something.
And I have no words....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 08:55 PM
from article:

Welker, 33, tested positive for the party drug MDMA, otherwise known as Molly, according to a report from ProFootballTalk. Welker took the drug, which is made with amphetamines that are flagged by the NFL, while attending the Kentucky Derby in May and tested positive shortly thereafter.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/02/wes-welker-suspended-four-games-reports-say/DClyEvow7CDr70EaVmyOdN/story.html

So, locally - i.e. Vic Lombardi and Mike Klis state it was Adderall, but some nationally are reporting this.

BigDaddyBronco
09-02-2014, 09:00 PM
****** dumb ass. Looks like someone isn't on the same page to become Super Bowl camps. Peyton must be livid.

ShaneFalco
09-02-2014, 09:11 PM

Molly at the derby yo.

spikerman
09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I suspect the Broncos knew all along this was coming. It's very rare that players win appeals.

BroncoWave
09-02-2014, 09:24 PM
“He popped Molly!? Suspend him for two games.” “Sir, Molly is a drug.” “Oh. Four games then."

ShaneFalco
09-02-2014, 09:26 PM
just be glad it wasnt the devils cabbage. He would be gone for half the season.

afk raving with wes.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 23m

The four-game Welker is official. It starts week 1. Team did discuss timing with league. Team will send out press release shortly.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 16m

And it's confirmed -- Wes Welker will serve a four-game suspension. Begins immediately. It's a PED suspension, so he is banned from team HQ.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 09:41 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker will be suspended for the first four games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL’s policy on performance enhancing substances, the league informed the Broncos on Tuesday. Please see below for statements from the league and Head Coach John Fox.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Welker-suspended-4-games-by-NFL/ef7f620a-b0d2-4d9b-9cfa-260c946ef4f8

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 09:57 PM
from article:

"I'm as shocked as everyone at todays news," Welker said in an e-mail to The Denver Post. "I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way. Anyone who has ever played a down with me, lifted a weight with me, even eaten a meal with me, knows that I focus purely on what I put in my body and on the hard work I put in year round to perform at the highest levels year-in and year-out.

"I want any youth football players and all sports fans to know, there are NO shortcuts to success, and nothing but hard work and studying, leads to success.

"I have never been concerned with the leagues performance enhancing or drug abuse policies because under no scenario would they ever apply to me, but I now know, that (drug-policy procedures) are clearly flawed, and I will do everything in my power to ensure they are corrected, so other individuals and teams aren't negatively affected so rashly like this.

full article - more from Wes
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26454229/wes-welker-suspended-4-games-taking-banned-substance

OB
09-02-2014, 10:14 PM
What in the ever loving FUC. Are you kidding me. Are you f'ng kidding me

TXBRONC
09-02-2014, 10:16 PM

I'm not sure this was anything we needed to know Slick.

chazoe60
09-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I've learned to expect very little out of these guys. When it comes to football I root for the Broncos the guys wearing the uniform matter little to me any more as long as they're winning I don't care. When I read this my first reaction was "so what? Now he has time to recover".

TXBRONC
09-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Paging Mr. Sanders. Mr. Sanders, please report to the slot. Thank you.

I bet Caldwell will be playing the slot.

VonDoom
09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
from article:

"I'm as shocked as everyone at todays news," Welker said in an e-mail to The Denver Post. "I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way. Anyone who has ever played a down with me, lifted a weight with me, even eaten a meal with me, knows that I focus purely on what I put in my body and on the hard work I put in year round to perform at the highest levels year-in and year-out.

"I want any youth football players and all sports fans to know, there are NO shortcuts to success, and nothing but hard work and studying, leads to success.

"I have never been concerned with the leagues performance enhancing or drug abuse policies because under no scenario would they ever apply to me, but I now know, that (drug-policy procedures) are clearly flawed, and I will do everything in my power to ensure they are corrected, so other individuals and teams aren't negatively affected so rashly like this.

full article - more from Wes
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26454229/wes-welker-suspended-4-games-taking-banned-substance

This is ... an interesting response by Wes. I wonder what the real story is here. I'm guessing it's not the sensationalistic version being peddled by PFT. Either way, a violation is a violation and we have to deal without him for four games. No Wes, Prater, Trevathan ... for once, couldn't we just have a complete team at the start of a year? I'm sure injuries will mount as the games go on, so I could do without the suspensions too.

BroncoWave
09-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I've learned to expect very little out of these guys. When it comes to football I root for the Broncos the guys wearing the uniform matter little to me any more as long as they're winning I don't care. When I read this my first reaction was "so what? Now he has time to recover".

Yeah, it's probably a blessing in disguise for him. That's 4 weeks less of big hits he'll take and he'll be fresher at the end of the season.

VonDoom
09-02-2014, 10:22 PM

Or Tamme. Really, Sanders is the right fit, but I wonder if he's had enough time in practice to move to the slot now. I do think we see more Latimer earlier than we had planned, however.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2014, 10:26 PM
This is ... an interesting response by Wes. I wonder what the real story is here. I'm guessing it's not the sensationalistic version being peddled by PFT. Either way, a violation is a violation and we have to deal without him for four games. No Wes, Prater, Trevathan ... for once, couldn't we just have a complete team at the start of a year? I'm sure injuries will mount as the games go on, so I could do without the suspensions too.

I agree that it is an interesting response by Wes. I would not think he is someone who would say things like he said, if it was not true.

NightTrainLayne
09-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Wes says that he is, "shocked as anyone at today's news".

No he's not. He's known for weeks that this was going on, and already has appealed the decision. He's not shocked today, he's just disappointed. The rest of us are shocked.

aberdien
09-02-2014, 10:30 PM
I am not too bothered. I've never liked him a whole lot, he seems like a dumbass. We can do 4 games without him easy.

Nomad
09-02-2014, 10:36 PM
None of you think he was using adderall to help with his concussions.

OB
09-02-2014, 10:47 PM

I agree that it is an interesting response by Wes. I would not think he is someone who would say things like he said, if it was not true..

My initial reaction to the news and coming here and reading that post was the same but then I read the whole thread and he's known (as has the team) since May. How can he be shocked?

honz
09-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Most likely shocked that he did not win the appeal...

Hawgdriver
09-02-2014, 11:07 PM

And not just sports. There's a report that 25% of tenure-track profs use Adderall or Provigil on a daily basis. To improve their focus and production. Sounds like a wild overestimate but makes you wonder...if it's competitive, the edge/advantage quickly diffuses among all competitors.

Hawgdriver
09-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Wes says that he is, "shocked as anyone at today's news".

No he's not. He's known for weeks that this was going on, and already has appealed the decision. He's not shocked today, he's just disappointed. The rest of us are shocked.

It's sad. Dude has Hall of Fame potential and that's likely dashed. He probably feels sorry for himself that he got busted when guys like LT and Irvin partied the same and made it. Probably others that never got caught.

tripp
09-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Sigh Welker... Sigh. Thank god we have many weapons.

To make light out of a bad situation, atleast this gives him time to FULLY recover from his concussion.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Or Tamme. Really, Sanders is the right fit, but I wonder if he's had enough time in practice to move to the slot now. I do think we see more Latimer earlier than we had planned, however.

I think so. Usually, when Wes has been out, we've used Tamme more.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't have much of a reason to doubt him. :whoknows:

iLands
09-03-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm excited we won't have him for week three. He didn't need to die on the field that game. With the bye week, he'll have five weeks to recover and be fresh.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2014, 12:29 AM
It's sad. Dude has Hall of Fame potential and that's likely dashed. He probably feels sorry for himself that he got busted when guys like LT and Irvin partied the same and made it. Probably others that never got caught.
Welker already has the stats for the HoF.

OrangeHoof
09-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Welker already has the stats for the HoF.

Excuse me. When has the NFL Hall of Fame ever been about stats? It's about how many years you were a Steeler or Cowboy.

Magnificent Seven
09-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Let's move on with Cody Latimer and Isaiah Burse.

Valar Morghulis
09-03-2014, 03:26 AM

Bubba had never let us down. And I see Sanders as a bigger deep threat.

I think tamme and bubba see the time in the slot with Latimer get some more game time than expected on the outside.

Either way - I don't see this overly impacting on our offence in a negative way

MOtorboat
09-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Bubba had never let us down. And I see Sanders as a bigger deep threat.

I think tamme and bubba see the time in the slot with Latimer get some more game time than expected on the outside.

Either way - I don't see this overly impacting on our offence in a negative way

More two tight end sets. Thomas, Sanders, Thomas and Tamme. Latimer on the outside when we go 3-wide.

Northman
09-03-2014, 04:45 AM
Frankly, not much of a setback as i really dont think he was going to play most of the year anyway. If it wasnt this drug stuff im convinced he would of gotten another concussion anyway. Sanders and DT will be the major contributors this year.

Valar Morghulis
09-03-2014, 05:22 AM
how great is it, to be in the position where losing a potential hall of famer, is not actually that big of a deal!!!

GEM
09-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Spano's article says that his defense is that his drink was spiked at the derby.

MasterShake
09-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Well even after I slept on it I am having a hard time giving a crap. I hate how it makes our team look and I even feel a little bad for Welker because his reputation is taking a hit. Whether someone put the drugs in his drink or not he should know better about the NFL rules and the dangers of just taking things from people when you are out especially when you know drugs are around. Other than that I felt that Welker should have been off the field until after the BYE anyway due to his concussions, and we can make the adjustments to cover for his absence pretty easily from what I understand.

Miller pissed me off because its hard to replace what he does, and Prater made me less upset because I don't thin we rely on him like we did with Tebow at the helm, but this just makes want to call Wes a dumbass and move on. I can't judge him for what he does in his personal life, only on how he affects the team I root for. As it stands I think the Broncos may be better off without him for a month while he gets his head straight both literally and figuratively.

VonDoom
09-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Spano's article says that his defense is that his drink was spiked at the derby.

Alright, now we're getting into serious denial mode here.

tomjonesrocks
09-03-2014, 09:05 AM
I can't bring myself to believe he was doing ecstasy. Amphetamines could be a possibility. All these guys are looking for focus. He'll, even Manning huffs ammonia on the sideline.

But why would he be doing that when he was partying at the derby?

blamkin86
09-03-2014, 09:05 AM
As others have said, Adderall is widely prescribed for post concussion symptoms. I've had a concussion myself and you basically do whatever the doctor says.

Maybe I'm naive, but the coincidence of his concussion and testing positive for what appears to be Adderall seems obvious.

Who knows, I certainly don't - but when the news hit, the first thing I thought of was aderall, not molly or whatever. Again, who knows.

Valar Morghulis
09-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Maybe I'm naive, but the coincidence of his concussion and testing positive for what appears to be Adderall seems obvious.

The positive test was in may

Hawgdriver
09-03-2014, 09:18 AM
This could end up being pretty sweet actually.

Welker gets all pissed about his rep being taken. He comes back on the prove-it tour 2014. Great success!

blamkin86
09-03-2014, 09:31 AM

Yep, I'm aware. I meant the concussions from last season - I should have said concussions I guess.

EastCoastBronco
09-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Occam's Razor: The simplest answer is usually the correct one...

He took the stuff and then promptly forgot about it.

Yo, Adrienne!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Most likely shocked that he did not win the appeal...

Exactly. When I read what he told the DP, to me it was obvious that he was shocked that he did not win the appeal.

chazoe60
09-03-2014, 09:41 AM
You give millions of dollars to a bunch of guys who have never had real jobs, who have always been the most popular and coddled people in every step of their lives, and then expect them to behave like normal citizens with mortgages and PTA meetings to attend? It's just not the way these guys live for the most part.

Professional athletes are a volatile mixture of poor upbringing, entitlement, and money and many times that mixture explodes. The guys who get busted for recreational drugs are the tame ones. Remember there are Aaron Hernandezes and Rae Carruths out there too.

BTW, to the Pats fans that are all giddy over this: Who was he with at the Derby? That's right, Tom Brady. I can almost guarantee that Tom Brady's drug of choice is Cocaine. He's married to a supermodel, is there a supermodel in the world who doesn't powder her nose? You know Tom snorts a ton of that shit when he's at one of those fashionista shindigs. Oh and also Aaron Hernandez bitches, the one and only NFL serial killer.

GEM
09-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Well even after I slept on it I am having a hard time giving a crap. I hate how it makes our team look and I even feel a little bad for Welker because his reputation is taking a hit. Whether someone put the drugs in his drink or not he should know better about the NFL rules and the dangers of just taking things from people when you are out especially when you know drugs are around. Other than that I felt that Welker should have been off the field until after the BYE anyway due to his concussions, and we can make the adjustments to cover for his absence pretty easily from what I understand.

Miller pissed me off because its hard to replace what he does, and Prater made me less upset because I don't thin we rely on him like we did with Tebow at the helm, but this just makes want to call Wes a dumbass and move on. I can't judge him for what he does in his personal life, only on how he affects the team I root for. As it stands I think the Broncos may be better off without him for a month while he gets his head straight both literally and figuratively.

He should invest in some of that new fingernail polish. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 09:57 AM
from article:

Pro Football Talk, citing a league source, reported that the two-time All-Pro took Molly that was laced with amphetamines. A source told the Post, meanwhile, that the positive test was for Adderall, which can be taken by NFL players but must be cleared by the league -- and Welker didn't have clearance to take it.

Welker, in the email to the Post, argued that the sample was tainted but said he does wonder whether someone put something in his drink at the Derby.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11457943/wes-welker-denver-broncos-denies-use-molly-led-positive-test

Joel
09-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I suspect the Broncos knew all along this was coming. It's very rare that players win appeals.
...except in Seattle, where overturned PED suspensions are as common as fines for smacking teammates during CBA-mandated no contact practices. C'mon, Welker: You're supposed to tell the NFL an anonymous TEAMMATE had a water bottle full of Adderall during a game and you just grabbed it by mistake. Then you tell the press you took it by prescription, but forget to tell the NFL, so it lifted the suspension once they got the paperwork and, anyway "half the league is on Adderall." Then you go win your SB.

"I want any youth football players and all sports fans to know, there are NO shortcuts to success, and nothing but hard work and studying, leads to success."

Nice sentiment, but observation and history refute it. The biggest reason I think Welker sinned in ignorance is he's a marquee player, so the NFL would've given him Browner and Shermans non-suspension if he'd offered some preposterous preplanned "explanation." He had none, because he wasn't trying to game the system; I'm sure youth football players everywhere are learning lessons from these episodes. Not sure I'd let any son I had join them though; concussions and joint pain are one thing, but lying, cheating, crime, organ failure and sociopathy? Not for my kids.

And not just sports. There's a report that 25% of tenure-track profs use Adderall or Provigil on a daily basis. To improve their focus and production. Sounds like a wild overestimate but makes you wonder...if it's competitive, the edge/advantage quickly diffuses among all competitors.
THAT'S the REAL threat to kids watching all this in the press on their way up, whether as athletes, intellectuals or widget-makers: If EVERYONE'S doing it, because everyone gets away with it, there's no longer a competitive ADVANTAGE in joining them: It's a competitive DISADVANTAGE by playing clean when all the competition's juiced to the gills. Anyone who wants to BE competitive must follow suit, with all the consequent dishonesty, illegality and harm to their minds and bodies. The NFL (and every organization) SHOULD crack down, but won't: Doping's good for business.

That's completely plausible, but very hard to prove, and a positive test shifts shifts burden of proof to the accused in the NFL (one of the few things the policy gets right, IMHO.)

MNPatsFan
09-03-2014, 12:35 PM
BTW, to the Pats fans that are all giddy over this: Who was he with at the Derby? That's right, Tom Brady. I can almost guarantee that Tom Brady's drug of choice is Cocaine. He's married to a supermodel, is there a supermodel in the world who doesn't powder her nose? You know Tom snorts a ton of that shit when he's at one of those fashionista shindigs. Oh and also Aaron Hernandez bitches, the one and only NFL serial killer.Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen posts from any Pats fans that are giddy over this on this MB. You are simply acting paranoid.;)

Between all of his recent concussions and now this ban for the positive drug test, I feel badly and sorry for Wes because I have always like him. I hope he gets the help he needs, both concussion-wise and drug-wise if necessary, so that he can live a full, active life without any future brain or cognitive issues after he leaves the NFL.:salute:

Sucks for the Broncos because of their losses already to injury and suspension. I rarely, however, gloat or razz the fans of other NFL teams for the mistakes and issues of their team's players, coaches or administrators because players, coaches, etc of every team make mistakes and have issues - *cough* Aaron Hernandez *cough*.

Not sure why the diatribe against Tom Brady?:confused: If he used or uses cocaine, then he will test positive, fail one of the NFL's drug tests and get suspended. He hasn't yet so your paranoid rant is ludicrous.

VonDoom
09-03-2014, 12:37 PM
I didn't see this elsewhere on this board, but we brought up Nathan Palmer from the practice squad to replace Welker for the next four games, and we subsequently added OL Ryan Miller to the practice squad.

chazoe60
09-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Tom Brady shows all the signs of cocaine use and you know it.

Dapper Dan
09-03-2014, 01:04 PM

He probably had a concussion in May. He gets concussions like OB gets periods.

Valar Morghulis
09-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Hahahahahaha

chazoe60
09-03-2014, 01:17 PM
I bet Tom Brady spiked Wes' drink. The stinking Pats have been trying to dismantle the Broncos for years. First they send Belicheat's mini-me now their coke-fiend quarterback is spiking our WRs' drinks. Those scumbag cheating Patriots will stop at nothing.

Hawgdriver
09-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Not sure why the diatribe against Tom Brady?:confused: If he used or uses cocaine, then he will test positive, fail one of the NFL's drug tests and get suspended. He hasn't yet so your paranoid rant is ludicrous.

I guess a message board is as suitable a place as any for salacious speculation.

vandammage13
09-03-2014, 01:27 PM
So I just moved back home after working overseas for nearly two years...Just in time for football season...and this is the news I'm greeted with.

Time to update the sig.

Buff
09-03-2014, 01:42 PM
So I just moved back home after working overseas for nearly two years...Just in time for football season...and this is the news I'm greeted with.

Time to update the sig.

Where have you been living? How was it?

Pudge
09-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I bet Tom Brady spiked Wes' drink. The stinking Pats have been trying to dismantle the Broncos for years. First they send Belicheat's mini-me now their coke-fiend quarterback is spiking our WRs' drinks. Those scumbag cheating Patriots will stop at nothing.

I'll bet Tom Brady tried drugging him so he could have his way with him.

vandammage13
09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Where have you been living? How was it?

DOD job...CENTCOM region...It sucked, but the money was pretty good.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Broncos receiver Wes Welker e-mailed his statement to me last night after news broke about his four-game suspension for violating the league’s performance enhancement policy. It was raw and from the gut — which made it far more sincere than most of those PR firm-composed statements. With all due respect to PR firms.

But Welker wanted to talk some more and we conversed by phone. He is especially despondent and angry about reports it was a “molly” that flagged his positive test. The way his voice raised an octave or two, there’s no way anyone talking to him would believe he took it. He does think it’s possible someone dropped something in his drink while at the Kentucky Derby. But he didn’t even want to go there because of what he believes are flaws in the league’s drug policy process. He was emphatic he didn’t take a “molly.”

AND

Welker was also upset about the breach in confidentiality. The ESPN report of his suspension came less than 10 minutes after he finished a conference call with union lawyers and officials on Tuesday evening (eastern time) in which the league’s finding was revealed to him. The Broncos believe the league’s intention was to announce Welker’s suspension on Monday, and have him serve it from games 2 through 5. This is what the league did with Cleveland Browns’ cornerback Joe Haden in 2012 when he tested positive for a PED.

full article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/03/conversation-wes-welker/29189/

tomjonesrocks
09-03-2014, 01:56 PM
This makes the team look so bad. Been all over the news today.

Absolutely hate it.

BroncoJoe
09-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Eh. I don't think it makes the team look bad. I also have a hard time believing Welker would do this knowingly. It seems very out of character.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Eh. I don't think it makes the team look bad. I also have a hard time believing Welker would do this knowingly. It seems very out of character.

I agree Joe. I also have a hard time believing he would do this knowingly.

Valar Morghulis
09-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I'll bet Tom Brady tried drugging him so he could have his way with him.

Brady in the Middle of a Michael Sam and Wes Welker "man train"

MOtorboat
09-03-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't buy that story for a second. He took some E, thought he wouldn't get caught, did. I'd rather he owned up to it.

On the flip side, I don't really think it makes the team look bad. He wasn't trying to cheat, he did something stupid partying three and a half months before the season started and he doesn't have a history of it.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't buy that story for a second. He took some E, thought he wouldn't get caught, did. I'd rather he owned up to it.

On the flip side, I don't really think it makes the team look bad. He wasn't trying to cheat, he did something stupid partying three and a half months before the season started and he doesn't have a history of it.

This is how I see it. This "drink was spiked" excuse...is the WORST. It's so transparent that it can be labeled as one of the lamest. It's just so laughably cliche', its embarrassing. Its horrible, and I'm not buying it for a moment. Hhe can't tell me he woudln't know the after effects if his drink was spiked. He HAD to have known.

Past that... I don't think it makes the TEAM look bad at all, it makes WELKER look bad. In today's sports, players are FAs and move from team to team. Fans basically root for uniforms, and players are fluid. This is not a team press problem, this is an individual's press problem. Specifically, Wes Welker's problem.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 02:36 PM
from article:

For players who have not previously tested positive or been arrested on drug-related charges, the league's random testing for what it calls "substances of abuse" only takes place for approximately four months out of the year, all of it during the offseason.

According to the league's drug policy, that testing only happens between April 20 and Aug. 9, though players signed or acquired after Aug. 9 can be tested later than that if they haven't been already.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/02/the_nfl_does_not_test_players_for_recreational_dru gs_during_the_season.html

I wonder if all Broncos players were tested as early as Wes was, because if this is being connected to when he was at the Kentucky Derby, his testing had to be earlier in the testing window than later.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 6m

Manning: "Losing Wes is a self-inflicted wound, different from an injury ... I still put it in the 'adversity' category.'"

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 12m

Manning cites the myriad forms of adversity last year, and the team "kept on chugging." Transition w/o Welker "won't be easy," he adds.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 15m

Manning: "I think it falls on a lot of people" to replace Welker. "I really feel it's maybe 'next men up.'"

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 23m

Julius Thomas, on Wes Welker. "We have his back, we're here for him."

DenBronx
09-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm excited we won't have him for week three. He didn't need to die on the field that game. With the bye week, he'll have five weeks to recover and be fresh.

That's the way I'm looking at it too. I would rather have him down the stretch and it gives Latimer and Sanders much needed time in the offense.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Wes Welker spoke with his Broncos teammates Wednesday morning, but he won't be allowed in team headquarters for the next four weeks because he violated the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy. Not only is Welker's physical absence likely to hurt the Broncos, but the distraction of another valuable player being lost right before the season because of off-field behavior was clearly not well-received by coach John Fox.

"I was very disappointed, but we honor the league's policies," Fox said Wednesday, four days before Sunday's season opener against the Indianapolis Colts. "Guys will have to step up like, like anytime we lose somebody."

Asked if he was surprised Welker was caught violating the league's PED policy, which sources told The Denver Post was for taking Adderall, Fox said, "You do this long enough, you're surprised, but not totally. We were disappointed, but we'll move on."

Broncos tight end Julius Thomas said Welker addressed the team before practice.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26460430/broncos-peyton-manning-john-fox-disappointed-wes-welker

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 03:59 PM
His gray undershirt soaked with perspiration, Peyton Manning stood in a quiet hallway outside the Broncos’ locker room, pensive as always.

The Broncos’ quarterback had just been asked numerous ways during his press conference Wednesday about his take regarding the suspension of his slot receiver Wes Welker.

Just as predictably, Manning’s answers were both from the heart and well thought out.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/03/peyton-manning-speaks-privately-friend-teammate-wes-welker/29225/

Tangerine
09-03-2014, 04:10 PM
This is how I see it. This "drink was spiked" excuse...is the WORST. It's so transparent that it can be labeled as one of the lamest. It's just so laughably cliche', its embarrassing. Its horrible, and I'm not buying it for a moment. Hhe can't tell me he woudln't know the after effects if his drink was spiked. He HAD to have known.

Past that... I don't think it makes the TEAM look bad at all, it makes WELKER look bad. In today's sports, players are FAs and move from team to team. Fans basically root for uniforms, and players are fluid. This is not a team press problem, this is an individual's press problem. Specifically, Wes Welker's problem.

On the flip side, Welker has never had a positive drug test during his career, and I don't know many 33 year olds that suddenly decide to try ecstasy for the first time. Maybe he was doing it his whole career and finally got caught, but why would he get so careless this time? Why would he get caught this time if he had gotten so good at passing the tests.

Maybe if he was 10 years younger it would be a lot easier to believe he was out partying, did some drugs on got caught. But at age 33, after a 10 year career, the story that he suddenly had the urge to do drugs is just as unbelievable as the "drink was spiked" story.

The whole situation is just weird.

DenBronx
09-03-2014, 04:28 PM
This whole thing seems so bogus for Welker which is why it's believable to me.

Everyone should get at least 1 or 2 chances. He had a clean slate before this so whether he did it or someone put something in his drink it doesn't really matter to me. He needs his rest anyway. If it becomes a pattern then he can hit the road.

I'll say it one more time though, we ...should....have.....kept.....Decker.

Next story.

CoachChaz
09-03-2014, 04:42 PM
I was reading that a player can't even take Nyquil because there are prohibited ingredients in it...which makes the Drew Brees commercials interesting.

Plus, a lot of supplements have a tendency to not list all of the ingredients in their products. Just seems like things are slanted against players. I get it when it comes to pot (sort of) and coke, etc...but when there is a possibility it was accidental, there should probably be more of an investigation and a different protocol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2014, 04:52 PM

Everyone should get at least 1 or 2 chances. He had a clean slate before this so whether he did it or someone put something in his drink it doesn't really matter to me. He needs his rest anyway. If it becomes a pattern then he can hit the road.

Next story.

I disagree, I think Welker is much better at getting separation.

Dapper Dan
09-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Next story.

If we had kept Decker, we still have Welker, but we don't have Sanders.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 05:24 PM
On local ch9 news, sports guy Rod Mackey said that Sanders played slot in Pittsburgh, and Tamme can play slot. He also said that all of the Broncos' receivers learn all receiving position.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2014, 05:39 PM
On the flip side, Welker has never had a positive drug test during his career, and I don't know many 33 year olds that suddenly decide to try ecstasy for the first time. Maybe he was doing it his whole career and finally got caught, but why would he get so careless this time? Why would he get caught this time if he had gotten so good at passing the tests.

Maybe if he was 10 years younger it would be a lot easier to believe he was out partying, did some drugs on got caught. But at age 33, after a 10 year career, the story that he suddenly had the urge to do drugs is just as unbelievable as the "drink was spiked" story.

The whole situation is just weird.

I dunno....seems like that is when a person gets "sloppy"... is when they have been getting away with it for a long time. Or... he did try it at 33 figuring he wouldn't get caught. That's not really that hard to believe is if you see how he was acting on video, at the Kentucky Derby. Was a great party, and he seemed to be partying it up.

I know its a completely different situation, but lets remember that Lance Armstrong never failed a drug test, either. I'm jsut saying, that the 'lack' of a failed positive test doesn't mean you are innocent 'except' that one time. Just means you hadn't been caught.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM
I disagree, I think Welker is much better at getting separation.

not that much any more... plus... they play two different positions. I would bet Welker coudln't get seperation as well as Decker does if he played Z instead of the slot.

spikerman
09-03-2014, 05:42 PM
not that much any more... plus... they play two different positions. I would bet Welker coudln't get seperation as well as Decker does if he played Z instead of the slot.

Yeah, but Decker would trip on the grass during the attempt.

ShaneFalco
09-03-2014, 06:21 PM
WTE must have been bartending at the derby.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2014, 07:43 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The timing of wide receiver Wes Welker's four-game PED suspension didn't leave much time for a lingering goodbye Wednesday morning.

"He was allowed to be in the building, not for very long," said Head Coach John Fox.

But the veteran slot receiver was at Dove Valley long enough to deliver what running back Montee Ball described as a "great talk" to his teammates before leaving to serve his suspension, the terms of which forbid him from being at team headquarters.

“Wes just wanted us all to know how important this team is to him, how much we mean to him and what he's going to do when he gets back," said tight end Julius Thomas. "There's nothing he can do to change where he's at right now."

Added safety Rahim Moore: "He was a little disappointed."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-press-on-without-Wes-Welker/2a425408-6ec5-4770-a744-4e3d5aa27b42

Scriv
09-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Starting to get flustered with Welker... first it was his injuries, I feel like he hasn't played a full game for a while. Now this... I'm not that worried though. I have faith in Caldwell, Tamme, and Latimer if put in the position.

DenBronx
09-04-2014, 12:41 PM

Next story.

If we had kept Decker, we still have Welker, but we don't have Sanders.

Sanders nor Welker would be an upgrade over Decker. Deckers too big and very explosive for his size. Believe he was #2 in TDs over the past 2 years. I do like Sanders but he's no Decker.

Dapper Dan
09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Sanders nor Welker would be an upgrade over Decker. Deckers too big and very explosive for his size. Believe he was #2 in TDs over the past 2 years. I do like Sanders but he's no Decker.

I like Decker too, but I think you're going to change your opinion once we get a few games into the season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-04-2014, 12:47 PM

I don't agree Rav. I think they're about the same with straight line speed, but Welker is still one of the quickest guys in the league at getting in and out of his breaks.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Pro Football Talk reported last night that the NFL and the players are "very close" to a sweeping overhaul of the league's drug policy and procedures, one that may or may not include the long-debated HGH testing. But multiple sources are reporting other changes, ones that if they had been in place over the last year would have prevented both Josh Gordon and Wes Welker from being suspended at all.

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer

Big changes on the table in new drug program, per sources: 1) Higher threshold for marijuana test; 2) Removal of amphetamines from PED list.
7:15 PM - 3 Sep 2014

rest - http://deadspin.com/the-nfls-drug-policy-may-be-about-to-become-a-lot-more-1630576560?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2014, 01:55 PM
i am fairly liberal in my attitude to drugs - but this is just ignoring the problem.

if these dudes want to get paid top dollar for being professional athletes - then they should be held accountable to a higher standard. They should be positive example setters and good role models, not illegal drug users.

Changing the test means the NFL are complicit in drug use

Dapper Dan
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
i am fairly liberal in my attitude to drugs - but this is just ignoring the problem.

if these dudes want to get paid top dollar for being professional athletes - then they should be held accountable to a higher standard. They should be positive example setters and good role models, not illegal drug users.

Changing the test means the NFL are complicit in drug use

I somewhat agree. But they're changing the policy for a drug test. If the players do something that make the NFL look bad, the NFL will bring the hammer down. Much of the negative publicity anymore in the NFL is a player failing a drug test. These guys wouldn't look like bad role models if it hadn't been for the test.

Dzone
09-04-2014, 02:01 PM
They need to back off on hgh. Thats ridiculous. If something is proven to speed recovery, then the players should have access to it as long as they arent harming themselves. And still don think there is a test for gh beyond 48 hours of injecting it, so its not hard to beat the test if they know when its going to be

Apollo
09-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't understand. An athlete's career is so short, why would you want to waste any of it? I think Welker is a great guy to have on the team, but really, what a stupid move.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 32m

With agreement for HGH testing, NFL-NFLPA would have new drug program rules. Had they been in place,Wes Welker would NOT have been suspended

Ravage!!!
09-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Thats great... but they are in place and he did break the rules.

Dapper Dan
09-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Thats great... but they are in place and he did break the rules.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

DenBronx
09-04-2014, 05:31 PM

I like Decker too, but I think you're going to change your opinion once we get a few games into the season.

I just might! Sanders has looked very explosive so far and might be a key piece to an already lethal offense. He's a sideline burner that gets seperation very quickly and that's what we need.

ShaneFalco
09-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Wes Welker's suspension could be reduced
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wes-welkers-suspension-could-reduced-000347221.html

Magnificent Seven
09-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Hopefully 2 games.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2014, 03:06 AM
That would be dope.

tomjonesrocks
09-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Finally saw the vid of Brady's reaction to Welker's suspension at the presser I'd been hearing about...some friend he is...

MOtorboat
09-05-2014, 03:43 AM
They were dropping E. Welker got caught, Brady didn't...live and let live. I find it hilariously awesome.

PatriotsGuy
09-05-2014, 08:59 AM
They were dropping E. Welker got caught, Brady didn't...live and let live. I find it hilariously awesome.

Do you have any evidence to back up this allegation?

MOtorboat
09-05-2014, 09:01 AM

Party experience?

Valar Morghulis
09-05-2014, 09:11 AM

Since when do we let the truth get in the way with a good story?

Pudge
09-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Finally saw the vid of Brady's reaction to Welker's suspension at the presser I'd been hearing about...some friend he is...

Yeah that's quite the way to have your buddy's back

Ravage!!!
09-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Welcome, capt ********.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2014, 12:37 PM

Josh Shaw said so.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Welcome, capt ********.

Captain Stars. Yay!

weazel
09-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I dont think Welker will be missed as much as people think. He really wasn't close to his normal self after the first concussion last season.

tomjonesrocks
09-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Yeah that's quite the way to have your buddy's back

If I were Welker I'd be pissed. First real scandal in his career and "it's not friend time" and "Did I see him take anyt----BAHAHAHA no comment"

That's not a friend.

chazoe60
09-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Tom Brady is selfish, just like any cokehead. If Belichick was any kind of man or leader he would host an intervention for his QB, he has obviously reached rock bottom. Brady is really looking like a jackass through this entire ordeal to anyone who actually pays attention.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2014, 03:13 PM
If I were Welker I'd be pissed. First real scandal in his career and "it's not friend time" and "Did I see him take anyt----BAHAHAHA no comment"

That's not a friend.

Brady doesn't want to piss Belicheck off... thus... I'm betting Bill was sure to tell Brady NOT to back Welker on this. I would bet a year's salary that Brady's comments/reactions are a direct result of how he knew Belicheck wanted him to act/react.

Bronco4ever
09-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Multiple sources told ESPN.com on Friday the Broncos believe if the league and union hammer out a new policy before Welker's suspension is completed, he would be reinstated. Cleveland.com, citing league sources, also reported Gordon might be eligible for reinstatement if a revamped drug policy is approved.

Welker's suspension, though, fell under the league's policy for PEDs. Under the guidelines for PEDs, players are suspended for the first flagged positive test. Broncos sources believe that under the proposed new drug policy, those stimulants would be characterized under the league's policy for substance abuse.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11471429/nflpa-wants-new-policy-reverse-drug-suspensions

PatriotsGuy
09-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Tom Brady is selfish, just like any cokehead. If Belichick was any kind of man or leader he would host an intervention for his QB, he has obviously reached rock bottom. Brady is really looking like a jackass through this entire ordeal to anyone who actually pays attention.

Yes, to delusional people.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2014, 04:32 PM
NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith told a Washington radio station Friday that, in talks with the NFL about a new policy for performance-enhancing drugs, the union will seek to reverse suspensions that occurred this year but are based retroactively to the previous policy.

"We don't want players to suffer because the union and league couldn't get it done before the league year," Smith told 106.7 The Fan, adding that the union would not agree to any policy that punishes players on simply being arrested.

AND

Multiple sources told ESPN.com Friday that the Broncos believe if the league and union hammer out a new policy before Welker's suspension is completed, he would be reinstated. Cleveland.com, citing league sources, also reported Gordon might be eligible for reinstatement if a revamped drug policy is approved.

Welker's suspension, though, fell under the league's policy for PEDs. Under the guidelines for PEDs, players are suspended for the first flagged positive test. Broncos sources believe that under the proposed new drug policy, those stimulants would be characterized under the league's policy for substance abuse.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11471429/nflpa-wants-new-policy-reverse-drug-suspensions

BeefStew25
09-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Carol have you ever snorted Adderall?

chazoe60
09-05-2014, 05:22 PM

Jesus Beef, of course she has.

BeefStew25
09-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Jesus Beef, of course she has.

I figured. She is focused about updating the news.

chazoe60
09-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I figured. She is focused about updating the news.

She does it for us.

Nomad
09-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I guess Welker isn't a fan favorite anymore:lol:

tomjonesrocks
09-05-2014, 05:45 PM

Carol, it's time to stop doing the hard stuff -- and step down to...Modafinil. Do it for your family and loved ones (but the news must continue)