PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 defense?

CrazyHorse
09-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Barring injuries and setbacks I think we have a top 5 unit this year. 2 years ago we were but injuries killed us last year. What say you?

Canmore
09-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Barring injuries and setbacks I think we have a top 5 unit this year. 2 years ago we were but injuries killed us last year. What say you?

I'm hoping. Took the Denver defense in my league. I think they can be special.

Magnificent Seven
09-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Orange Crush Defense Rises?

MOtorboat
09-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Boom.

#debbiedowner

Canmore
09-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Boom.

#debbiedowner

When are you going to join the pick'em league?

MOtorboat
09-02-2014, 01:09 AM
When are you going to join the pick'em league?

How about right now!

Canmore
09-02-2014, 01:09 AM
How about right now!

About time!

Canmore
09-02-2014, 01:13 AM
How about right now!

What happened to CornMidgets?

MOtorboat
09-02-2014, 01:19 AM
What happened to CornMidgets?

New year, new swag.

Canmore
09-02-2014, 01:23 AM
New year, new swag.

I'm due for another victory. Good luck.

TXBRONC
09-02-2014, 03:55 PM

I hope so.

underrated29
09-02-2014, 04:18 PM
As long as the pass rush is as sexy or sexier than it was when we had von and doom. Then by all means I do not see how we are not a top defense, maybe even, The top defense.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I think we have the DBs to be VERY tough. LBs are the biggest "?". I find it interesting that we let Vickerson go,but at the same time feel pretty good that we have enought talent on the DL to let Vickerson go.

NightTrainLayne
09-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Probably not top 5. Not with our offense scoring so many points so quickly.

If our offense slows down the pace some? Maybe. But it's hard to argue that we should slow down our pace.

We will have a great defense. Their stats just aren't going to show top 5.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Probably not top 5. Not with our offense scoring so many points so quickly.

If our offense slows down the pace some? Maybe. But it's hard to argue that we should slow down our pace.

We will have a great defense. Their stats just aren't going to show top 5.

I think we'll be top 5 in sacks and points off of turnovers.

Shazam!
09-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Hell, I'd take top 10...

G_Money
09-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Teams will have two options: run on us to try to grind the clock and keep Manning off the field, or throw with us and hope that we blink in a show down.

Most likely what'll happen is C: by the third quarter they're throwing like crazy to try to come from behind. Then we'll see if Del Rio has the stones to use what SHOULD be an unbelievable pass-rush to try to press for turnovers instead of letting teams chunk us while we have a nice lead. More risky to leave the DBs out there while we pressure the QB... but I'd like to see a commitment to that.

Stat-wise, we should have a great run defense and an average pass defense, but if that pass D includes a ton of turnovers and sacks, then I'd be thrilled.

Just need to snuff enough drives to let Manning coast the offense into a win. I'm fascinated to see what our D can do especially after the bye when Von and Harris are really feeling good out there.

TXBRONC
09-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Teams will have two options: run on us to try to grind the clock and keep Manning off the field, or throw with us and hope that we blink in a show down.

Most likely what'll happen is C: by the third quarter they're throwing like crazy to try to come from behind. Then we'll see if Del Rio has the stones to use what SHOULD be an unbelievable pass-rush to try to press for turnovers instead of letting teams chunk us while we have a nice lead. More risky to leave the DBs out there while we pressure the QB... but I'd like to see a commitment to that.

Stat-wise, we should have a great run defense and an average pass defense, but if that pass D includes a ton of turnovers and sacks, then I'd be thrilled.

Just need to snuff enough drives to let Manning coast the offense into a win. I'm fascinated to see what our D can do especially after the bye when Von and Harris are really feeling good out there.

Del Rio isn't shy about attacking the opponents offense lead or no lead.