PDA

View Full Version : Broncos got Ware to lead defense

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2014, 08:01 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In his time as the Denver Broncos' chief football decision-maker, John Elway has exercised age restraint in free agency. He's willing to get aggressive in the annual auction, but he's also looking for younger players -- in their 20s -- on their first trek into free agency.

However, Elway has made two very large exceptions. He signed quarterback Peyton Manning in 2012 and linebacker DeMarcus Ware this past March.

"I like getting Hall of Fame players with chips on their shoulders," Elway said. "That's a different set of circumstances, I think."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/8355/broncos-got-ware-to-lead-defense

crazbarker
09-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Its kind of been the sign of the times when talking about player longevity with teams. It is very hard to not only play for one team throughout one's career, but also play pass their 30's. During the early summer, ESPN spoke on this issue extensively. And at the end day players have to compete that much harder being that their contracts are not nearly as secure nor do they have as much guarantees as use to. Incentive pay is the game nowadays. ATHLETICISM VS. FOOTBALL TALENT(IQ). FOR INSTANCE ADRIAN P. IS 1 OF I BELIEVE 4 BACKS THAT ARE STARTING FOR THEIR RESPECTFUL TEAMS AND ARE 28 AND OVER. So in retrospect, Elway in no way shape or form is thinking rebuild he is doing what every other decision maker is doing....hitting the refresh button