PDA

View Full Version : Survival League 2014

gnomeflinger
08-29-2014, 05:50 PM
I started a Survival League. Anyone is invited to join.

Group ID: 18841
Passord: Manning

Here is the link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Would the mods please sticky this so it's more visible?

Merci

Canmore
08-29-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm in.

Gnome, your link doesn't take you to the join group page.

gnomeflinger
08-29-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm in.

Gnome, your link doesn't take you to the join group page.

I assumed it would do that if a person wasn't in the group because some websites will automatically direct a person to their homepage to register if they aren't already registered, etc.

I edited the OP with the "join a group" page.

CrazyHorse
08-29-2014, 06:12 PM
How do these work again? Can you only select a team once per season?

Canmore
08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
How do these work again? Can you only select a team once per season?

That is correct.

gnomeflinger
08-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I kept the default setting. One strike and you're out. If there is a winner mid-season, I'll reset it.

Joel
08-29-2014, 07:08 PM
For what it's worth, you should change that PW if you care anything at all about security there (note: I said, "if.") It's SLIGHTLY less obvious than "Elway" would be, but only just.

MileHighCrew
08-29-2014, 07:37 PM
It has been stuck

Pudge
08-29-2014, 07:47 PM
For what it's worth, you should change that PW if you care anything at all about security there (note: I said, "if.") It's SLIGHTLY less obvious than "Elway" would be, but only just.

All the password is for us to join. They'd have to know the group id as well to join.

I've joined, gnome, and my friend joined as well. Supaffresh801 is my friend who wanted to try it out

MileHighCrew
08-29-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm in!! Hope to last past week 2

Canmore
08-30-2014, 04:24 AM
I'm in!! Hope to last past week 2

Me too!

Valar Morghulis
08-31-2014, 12:23 PM
see you all in week 2 !

Jaws
08-31-2014, 03:27 PM
My one time experience of Survival football a few years ago was shortlived.

Time to see if I have a little more stamina!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm in

MNPatsFan
09-01-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm in too.

Canmore
09-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Made my pick. Sure would be a bummer to go out week one.

Bronco4ever
09-04-2014, 10:27 AM
How do you select a survival team or is this just a pickem league?

Pudge
09-04-2014, 10:30 AM
You pick one team each week who you think will win, you can only pick a team once per season.

FanInAZ
09-04-2014, 02:34 PM
You pick one team each week who you think will win, you can only pick a team once per season.

If the team you pick loses, then your eliminated from the tournament. After a winner is designated, a new tournament is started. With as many players as we have, we might only get in 2 tounaments in this league this season. The other 2, may be able to fit in as many as 4 because of how few players they have.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2014, 02:57 PM
I went with the Lions this week. Classic fast-start team against a classic slow start team (NY Giants). I don't think Lions will make the playoffs but they have enough to terrorize Eli.

Pudge
09-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I went with the Lions this week. Classic fast-start team against a classic slow start team (NY Giants). I don't think Lions will make the playoffs but they have enough to terrorize Eli.

I like your logic, but it's too risky for me

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2014, 06:05 PM
I like your logic, but it's too risky for me

In this league I went for the bears. I just think they will have to much firepower for the bills, and Manuel has been crap so far

Pudge
09-04-2014, 06:16 PM
In this league I went for the bears. I just think they will have to much firepower for the bills, and Manuel has been crap so far

This league I went with the patriots I believe. I went with three different picks in each league to make sure I wasn't eliminated in the first week

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2014, 06:40 PM
This league I went with the patriots I believe. I went with three different picks in each league to make sure I wasn't eliminated in the first week

same here - bears, jets and broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Sooooooooooo - this is the first survival league I have joined, AND I took Chicago over Buffalo. I sure did not last long.

FanInAZ
09-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Sooooooooooo - this is the first survival league I have joined, AND I took Chicago over Buffalo. I sure did not last long.

Steelers almost failed me as well.

MileHighCrew
09-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Damn chicago!!!!! If we reload at some point, I'll play again lol

Valar Morghulis
09-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Damn chicago!!!!! If we reload at some point, I'll play again lol

I know - never saw that coming lol

FanInAZ
09-07-2014, 06:31 PM
The Pennsylvania teams almost took down half of our league.

gnomeflinger
09-15-2014, 06:52 PM
There hasn't been an update for those of us still surviving. Sorry for being a slacker. If you've been eliminated, you know who you are. No walk of shame here. The list for those still standing are:

Canmore
Con_Valian
FanInAz
ForgettingBrandonMarshall
gnomeflinger
MNPatsFan
OldManBronco
OrangeHoof 2014
Underarmour
Ziggy

My question here is, it shows that MNPatsFan was eliminated in Week 1. Why is it showing you surviving week 2? :confused:

Canmore
09-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Sounds like MNPatsFan is hacking the game.

gnomeflinger
09-15-2014, 09:37 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Cheater!

pnbronco
09-15-2014, 11:04 PM
So is anyone left??? What a really weird week. I can't believe so many teams lost that should of won....oh my.

Canmore
09-15-2014, 11:12 PM
So is anyone left??? What a really weird week. I can't believe so many teams lost that should of won....oh my.

I'm alive.

OrangeHoof
09-15-2014, 11:25 PM
2-0. Took Lions in Week 1 and Packers (whew!) in Week 2. The third week doesn't have many games to take a great deal of confidence in so I'll take the easy play. I'll go with the Patriots at home over the Raiders. I'll be happy to be wrong too. I'll be happier still to be right but see the Patriots lose Brady for about 12 weeks.

pnbronco
09-15-2014, 11:28 PM
That's great....I still in shock from SF last night and seeing what happened to the Colts tonight I would of thought either of those at home would of been a pretty safe bet...yikes. This is why I don't gamble....:laugh: Good job guys....:D

weazel
09-16-2014, 09:59 AM
LMAO... continuing my well established 2 games and out dominance!

MNPatsFan
09-20-2014, 05:47 PM
There hasn't been an update for those of us still surviving. Sorry for being a slacker. If you've been eliminated, you know who you are. No walk of shame here. The list for those still standing are:

Canmore
Con_Valian
FanInAz
ForgettingBrandonMarshall
gnomeflinger
MNPatsFan
OldManBronco
OrangeHoof 2014
Underarmour
Ziggy

My question here is, it shows that MNPatsFan was eliminated in Week 1. Why is it showing you surviving week 2? :confused:Might have something to do with the fact that I registered and then when it came time to pick for the first week, it wouldn't recognize me so I had to create a new account with the same name. First week I picked Philly and last week I picked Denver. This week I picked the Pats so hopefully will survive to week 4.:D

MNPatsFan
09-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Sounds like MNPatsFan is hacking the game.You give me far too much credit.:laugh:

I'm so technologically challenged that I couldn't even keep my original account working and had to create a new second account before the first game.:tsk:

:laugh:

Canmore
09-21-2014, 02:52 AM
You give me far too much credit.:laugh:

I'm so technologically challenged that I couldn't even keep my original account working and had to create a new second account before the first game.:tsk:

:laugh:

Too funny! We have the same three picks for the first three weeks. Pats this week ... puke.

OrangeHoof
09-23-2014, 09:15 AM
3-0 now as Patriots, even on a bad day, was still too much for Oakland.

A trend is developing. FloriDUH teams are 1-8 straight up. The Dolphins are visiting Oakland which means they might win. Tampa Bay is visiting Pittsburgh which is very tempting but Tampa played Thursday night and the Steelers played Sunday night plus they lost three defensive starters. Pittsburgh and their refs should still win easily but I decided to hold off on choosing them.

Instead, I'll take the overwhelming choice of survival pickers, San Diego at home over Jackassville, even thought the Chargers lost Woodhead for the season and the Jags showed signs of life under Bortles.

Con_Valian
09-29-2014, 01:49 AM
And, I'm out. Good luck the rest of they way to those who remain!

OrangeHoof
09-30-2014, 06:06 AM
4-0 now and stumbling along.

Sometimes, success in this game is all about avoiding upsets. Surely the Steelers were going to beat winless Tampa Bay at home but they didn't which means the Steelers are a lock now to regain some swag in Jackassville this week. They'll be playing with a sense of urgency now instead of coasting.

Canmore
09-30-2014, 06:12 AM
4-0 now and stumbling along.

Sometimes, success in this game is all about avoiding upsets. Surely the Steelers were going to beat winless Tampa Bay at home but they didn't which means the Steelers are a lock now to regain some swag in Jackassville this week. They'll be playing with a sense of urgency now instead of coasting.

4-0 is 4-0 no matter how you slice it. Don't know that I agree with your thinking...good luck.

gnomeflinger
09-30-2014, 10:10 AM
This year I'm doing very horribly in Fantasy Football but I can do well in survival.

Canmore
10-01-2014, 02:03 AM
I suck in pick'em, but I'm still alive here.

gnomeflinger
10-01-2014, 06:21 PM
The only one who didn't go forward was Con_Valian.

Canmore
10-07-2014, 12:27 AM
This week should prove to be very interesting.

OrangeHoof
10-07-2014, 09:25 AM
5-0 and time to risk it all on the jinx card. Houston NEVER beats Indy. NEVER. Going with the Colts even on the road in a short week. And if jinxing the Colts works, I'll be happy to lose.

MNPatsFan
10-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Eliminated because the f*cking Bengals kicker missed a chip shot field goal.:tsk:

Good Luck to all who remain alive!:beer:

FanInAZ
10-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Eliminated because the f*cking Bengals kicker missed a chip shot field goal.:tsk:

Good Luck to all who remain alive!:beer:

King will be contacting you soon to consul you.

Canmore
10-13-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm finished.

OrangeHoof
10-15-2014, 09:46 AM
6-0 and it looks like the field is down to 5. (myself, Gnomey, FanInAZ, ForgettingBrandonMarshall and OldManBronco)

This week is a tough one. I don't want to play my Super Bowl cards yet (Seattle and Denver) and I've already used the Patriots. Buffalo at home against the Vikes is my second choice but I just don't trust Neckbeard enough not to screw it up.

I don't like going with the road team or I might be enthusiastic about Cleveland (at Jackassville), Arizona (at Oakland) or Seattle (at St. Louis).

The sucker bet is Dallas at home vs. the Giants. Have we forgotten how often Eli Manning has beaten the Cowboys at JerryWorld? Pass on that.

Which leaves me to Baltimore at home against a collapsing Atlanta Falcons. Honestly, I'm not all that comfortable with this one but you have a dome team in the elements at Empty Bank Stadium where the Ratbirds are usually able to find a way to win. In real life, they are seven point favorites.

gnomeflinger
10-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Grrrr... dammit Seahawks. I'm out.

FanInAZ
10-20-2014, 01:52 AM
Grrrr... dammit Seahawks. I'm out.

Those who have picked Seattle in this league are 1-2. http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/19532/grouppicks

0-3 in the double elimination league. http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/18841/grouppicks

OrangeHoof
10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Now 7-0 with Baltimore's easy win.

I'll have next week's pick in tomorrow if I remember.

OrangeHoof
10-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Down to three players left.

7-0 and there's not much discussion this week. I love the storyline of Colt McCoy coming back to the state of Texas on Monday Night Football to take on the Cowboys but who are we kidding? These are the banged-up and politically incorrect Redskins going against one of the NFL's hottest teams in a rivalry game.

The Skins may put up a fight and I'll be rooting for Colt (hook 'em) but my vote has to go with Dallas this week. Romo may still lay an egg when the winds start to blow cold but he's a hot QB for now.

gnomeflinger
11-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Well folks, with Denver and Washington both losing their games this week, this ends this season of Survival Football with Fan in AZ and OldManBronco both tying for first place. In third place is OrangeHoof who was eliminated in week 8.

Thank you everyone for playing!

FanInAZ
11-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Well folks, with Denver and Washington both losing their games this week, this ends this season of Survival Football with Fan in AZ and OldManBronco both tying for first place. In third place is OrangeHoof who was eliminated in week 8.

Thank you everyone for playing!

I went by 2 rules that I didn't break, unless the match up was too good to pass up or I had no other choice.

1) Don't pick road teams, unless it was a big time mismatch.
2) Pass on picking game match division rivals, on matter how big of a mismatch, period!

If I would have stuck to my guns on both of these, I would've taken the Browns at home. Wait a minute...

The last 2 or 3 weeks were really tough because I'd used almost all of the good teams in previous weeks. The few that I hadn't already used had some tough games, and/or went against my 1 or both of my 2 general rules.

Oh well, tied for :first: in this tournament, & got :first: in the smaller 1 that was over after just 3 weeks. I'm also 1 of the 3 finalist in the double elimination tournament.