PDA

View Full Version : NFL Roster Cuts tracker: Down to 75

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381516/article/cuts-tracker-player-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams

underrated29
08-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat...Havent seen him play but I have heard a lot of talk about him. I wonder if he gets picked up pretty quickly.

gregbroncs
08-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Reggie Dunn was a great kick returner in college. I kind of expected him to stick as a KR only guy. Lost track after he left Utah so have no idea what he has done since.

Joel
08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
I assume they'll keep updating this, since fully ¼ of teams haven't cut ANYONE yet. Weirdest feeling: When I saw the Pats cut Tommy Kelly, my first reaction was "YES; now we can FINALLY get a decent DT!" Then I realized that, for the first time in a decade or more, we don't actually NEED one. For all my complaints against Fox, I can't deny he's produced the first Denver defensive line I can remember that's SOLID all the way down to the 4th string, and he deserves credit I'm grateful to give for that.

Cugel
08-25-2014, 10:56 PM
You're right. For so many years the Broncos DL utterly sucked. It had guys like Ron Fields, the walking dead Sam Adams who got cut in mid-season, and the amazing Ebeneezer Ekuban. :eek:

I never understood how coaches can ignore the DL for 10 years and still keep their jobs. It's still an adjustment to thinking of the DL as a strength of this team but it is. They've got quality starters and decent depth all along that line.

Joel
08-26-2014, 06:51 AM
I have to stick up for Ekuban, who was a fine run stuffing LDE, just not an elite pass rushing RDE. He was a lot like Ayers in that many folks didn't appreciate the many things he did well because they were too busy demanding other things that weren't in his primary job description. It's great to have a guy like that who CAN also rush passers well, and Wolfe and Jackson are both great examples, but it's not fair to condemn a solid LDE for not being a solid RDE. And asking Ekuban to cover Tomlinson in his prime over the middle was unfair, too; I'll NEVER forget that play.... :(

Ekuban was the exception to the rule though; remember when we traded up for Jarvis Moss? And those were DEs; we didn't even TRY to get DTs to plug the middle, so everyone ran all over us. How a team can share a division with LaDainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson at their peak and NOT have ANY decent DTs is beyond my comprehension.

pnbronco
08-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks Carol....you're the best!