PDA

View Full Version : Talib: Ready to make an impact

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Aqib Talib remembers the last regular season game he played at Sports Authority Field at Mile High vividly. He recalls limping off the field to get an X-ray, wondering if he would be able to come back in the game.

He had studied Demaryius Thomas thoroughly during the week leading up to the Patriots-Broncos AFC title game, but was only on the field for just over two drives. A collision with former Patriots teammate Wes Welker knocked him out of the game.

Without Talib, the Patriots secondary struggled and Peyton Manning had 289 of his 400 yards passing after his departure. The Broncos went on the win the game 26-16 and punched their ticket to Super Bowl XLVIII.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Talib-Ready-to-make-an-impact/d97820dc-7774-47fb-9b51-c4c5663a1ca5

Joel
08-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Talibs last REGULAR season game @Mile High was his rookie year (2008.) And I frankly don't think his absence or presence had a thing to do with our 10 pt win at home against them in the AFCCG. I just hope he's willing, ready and able to give a SB calibre performance all season this year, and his season doesn't end with being sent off for an X-ray again.

Simple Jaded
08-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Talibs last REGULAR season game @Mile High was his rookie year (2008.) And I frankly don't think his absence or presence had a thing to do with our 10 pt win at home against them in the AFCCG. I just hope he's willing, ready and able to give a SB calibre performance all season this year, and his season doesn't end with being sent off for an X-ray again.

Knock on wood.