PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the first half of Texans game

Northman
08-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Man, what a mess. Thank god in the later stages of the second quarter the Texans put a lot of their second stringers in because we werent doing diddly vs their starters.

Pro's:

1) In what limited action they had i thought the RB's did ok. Its a bit concerning they cant seem to break any long runs but they are able to get small chunks enough to move the chains and that is just as important.

2) Sanders is definitely a good fill in for Deck. I actually think he will have a bigger year than DT this year.

3) Defensively we can get a pass rush but we still dont seem to be able to get to the QB enough or be in the right place to do it. (this of course is just based off this game as i didnt catch the first two)

Con's:

1) Little bit concerned we struggled so much against their starters going into the 3rd preseason game. This game should of been where we were showing being more polished.

2) Was Prater drunk last night? Maybe its a good thing he is suspended for 4 games. That was the worst display of kicking ive ever seen.

As far as the Welker hit, im not going to be too hard on the defender. Unless you've actually played the sport its incredibly difficult to put the breaks on when laying a hit on a receiver who at the same time is running at you and starting to dip his head when you are doing the same thing. To me, the Texan defender was just playing ball. I didnt think it was cheap at all.

gregbroncs
08-24-2014, 01:15 PM
What do you expect after practicing with that team all week. I would expect the defenses to have an advantage. They could not possibly have put in a full game plan while practicing against the team they ended up playing.

BroncoWave
08-24-2014, 01:17 PM
I think it was good for this offense to be brought back down to earth a bit before the season starts. It seems like everyone was starting to polish our Lombardi after the first two preseason games. I want them to still be hungry heading into the season.

MOtorboat
08-24-2014, 02:46 PM
I think it was good for this offense to be brought back down to earth a bit before the season starts. It seems like everyone was starting to polish our Lombardi after the first two preseason games. I want them to still be hungry heading into the season.

I am introducing them in conversation as "your future Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos."

Is that, maybe, a little presumptuous?

:debbiedowner: