PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning schools defenders in practice with deception

Denver Native (Carol)
08-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Peyton Manning creates trusts issues. For defensive backs, he's the chocolate chip cookie that reveals raisins on first bite.

The Broncos face the Houston Texans on Saturday in a dress rehearsal for the season opener Sept. 7, and given the tension in their scrimmages, a food or flag fight could break out.

Overshadowed by the chippy nature of the joint practices was the free education provided by Manning. The Broncos reigning NFL MVP provides a graduate course in communications and strategic planning.

"He's making me better. He doesn't even know some of the things he's teaching me in practice," said safety T.J. Ward, who joined the Broncos this spring as a free agent. "It's just such great preparation for a game having to go against him every day. You learn so much."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26390466/peyton-manning-schools-defenders-practice-deception

Joel
08-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Scary thought of the day: Chris Harris backed up Champ for 3 years, and this is his 3rd year practicing against Manning. He's played so well the last 2 years I don't think a true "breakout season" is still possible, but if he's healthy and stays that way, I wouldn't be surprised if opposing QBs started thinking, Y'know, I'd rather throw at Talib, by the end of the year.