PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have the (second) best fans in the NFL, per Forbes

VonDoom
08-21-2014, 09:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11386641/study-says-green-bay-packers-nfl-best-fans?ex_cid=null

Second only to Packers fans, apparently:

How rabid are Packers fans? Dare you ask?

According to research by Nielsen Scarborough, only 16 percent of adults living in Green Bay, Wisconsin, are NOT fans of the team. That means everybody else in the metro area has either watched, attended and/or listened to the Packers' games in the past year.

Fan bases of the Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens round out the magazine's list of the top five.

Congrats everyone!

CrazyHorse
08-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Where's the "12th man"?

Ravage!!!
08-21-2014, 10:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11386641/study-says-green-bay-packers-nfl-best-fans?ex_cid=null

Second only to Packers fans, apparently:

How rabid are Packers fans? Dare you ask?

According to research by Nielsen Scarborough, only 16 percent of adults living in Green Bay, Wisconsin, are NOT fans of the team. That means everybody else in the metro area has either watched, attended and/or listened to the Packers' games in the past year.

Fan bases of the Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens round out the magazine's list of the top five.

Congrats everyone!

interesting that Pittsburgh didn't make that top 5. Their fan base is absolutely huge.

Magnificent Seven
08-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Where's the "12th man"?

Orange Madness OVER 12th man! Believe me, we will smoke seahawks and going to seize their stadium!

weazel
08-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Where's the "12th man"?

busy celebrating a Super Bowl win... 43-8. We have no place trying to talk smack about the Seahawks right now

Dreadnought
08-21-2014, 01:35 PM
interesting that Pittsburgh didn't make that top 5. Their fan base is absolutely huge.

Huge but shallow. Worst bandwagoners in the NFL

Ravage!!!
08-21-2014, 01:40 PM

I don't buy into that.

BroncoNut
08-21-2014, 02:07 PM

bigger isn't necessarily better. plus I hate the steelers.

BroncoNut
08-21-2014, 02:08 PM

their fans are the primary reason I don't like them.

tubby
08-21-2014, 02:09 PM
The Forbes article called us bandwagon, which made me think of claymore.

BroncoNut
08-21-2014, 02:19 PM
The Forbes article called us bandwagon, which made me think of claymore.

every team has their fair share I'm sure. right now since Denver is kinda primed for a superbowl win, they probably have their fair share right now. people come and go in life tubby. that much I have learned. the one's that stay are either winners or losers, but mostly losers. Clay's feathers were just too bright for him to be chained to this community of losers. I just wish my friend well and hope that one day I will shake his hand

tripp
08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I guess it's a sign of immaturity on my part, but I cannot stand Band Wagoners and it really irritates me. They piss me off to no end. In January of this year, never, ever, have I seen so much Broncos merchandise being worn by people all over town. Can't help but feel like it wasn't too long ago people would laugh at me for saying I like the Broncos. Now they're everyone's favorite team :rolleyes:

BroncoNut
08-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I guess it's a sign of immaturity on my part, but I cannot stand Band Wagoners and it really irritates me. They piss me off to no end. In January of this year, never, ever, have I seen so much Broncos merchandise being worn by people all over town. Can't help but feel like it wasn't too long ago people would laugh at me for saying I like the Broncos. Now they're everyone's favorite team :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a sign of immaturity at all. you're just a real fan, that's all. you don't like posers.

Ravage!!!
08-21-2014, 04:40 PM

With all do respect, that is how a team's base grows. A kid may be rooting for the Broncos now because they have Manning and are winning, but that fan sticks as the years go on. EVERYONE fan is a 'bandwagon' fan in one way or another. Whether they are rooting on the wagon because they are following their parents, the community, or a favorite player. There are tens of different reasons as to why a person becomes a fan of a team, and I personally welcome them all.

sneakers
08-21-2014, 05:09 PM

+77%

Seachicken fans confirmed for biggest bandwagon babbys

http://i.imgur.com/CH9jE09.png

tomjonesrocks
08-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Chargers fans are pretty huge bandwagoners also. Can't even guarantee sellouts until a wild card playoff victory is achieved, then all of a sudden everyone has flags flapping on their cars.

In the Chargers fans' defense, Qualcomm is one of the worst stadiums in the NFL--which is saying something considering SD offers the best weather of any NFL city.

slim
08-21-2014, 06:04 PM
+77%

Seachicken fans confirmed for biggest bandwagon babbys

http://i.imgur.com/CH9jE09.png

LOL at raider fans. They are all becoming SF fans.

Joel
08-21-2014, 09:47 PM
With all do respect, that is how a team's base grows. A kid may be rooting for the Broncos now because they have Manning and are winning, but that fan sticks as the years go on. EVERYONE fan is a 'bandwagon' fan in one way or another. Whether they are rooting on the wagon because they are following their parents, the community, or a favorite player. There are tens of different reasons as to why a person becomes a fan of a team, and I personally welcome them all.
That's not necessarily true; I inherited Cowboys loyalty from my dad, who'd been a fan from Day One. Sure, it helped growing up in the glory days of Staubach, Dorsett, Pearson and the Doomsday D, but I doubt anything would've changed in their absence; it's not like either of us bailed during the 1-15 season. I was first and foremost an Oilers fan because they were my hometown team; again, Bum and Earl Campbell surely helped, and Warren Moon and the cast of a thousand great receivers in the Run 'n Shoot, but I didn't bail after The Comeback either.

I shifted to Denver in the wake of the one-and-done playoff shocker when a two-year-old team beat the #1 seed, because Shannys team philosophy was exactly how I thought (and think) a football team should be built; it was my good fortune the Broncos chose to reward my new found allegiance by promptly winning the next two SBs.

Now, despite their long history of heartbreaking and seemingly impossible epic failures, I'm somewhat of a Vikings fan because I married a Norwegian and moved here. They kind of remind me of an NFC version of the Oilers, except they actually GOT to SBs before choking like no other team; the closest Houston ever got was back-to-back AFCCGs as wildcards on the road against the Steelers dynasty that always won their division.

Point being: NONE of those is a case of hopping on a winning bandwagon; of the lot, Dallas was the only one of ANY of those teams to even REACH a SB before I adopted them.

Kids deserve a pass, but the chick I know on FB who just coincidentally decided to start following football the same season her hometown Seahawks cruised to a championship while she and the rest of that loathsome bandwagon base talked smack every step of the way: THAT'S a problem, especially when she excuses the 35 years of Seahawk futility she was unaware of on the grounds it's "just" history. I try to just avoid her when she starts giving that crap to Pack and Steelers fans, because I end citing a litany of championships I grew up loathing.

Slick
08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
What else are you going to do in the fall and winter if you live in Green Bay, Wisconsin? Plus, Denver has so many transplants now, I think it probably skews the numbers a bit.

CoachChaz
08-22-2014, 11:32 AM
I think 5 years of Tebow and Manning has helped play a role in the current fanbase. Watch it drop like a rock when Manning retires if we dont have a QB to keep up the level of success.

ShaneFalco
08-22-2014, 12:11 PM
poor rams

MasterShake
08-22-2014, 12:13 PM
I think Denver has a nice mix of fans that like them because they are the most competitive major sports team regionally but that also have lives outside of football. I would worry if we were "#1" because that means that our lives OUTSIDE of football must suck. If I lived in Wisconsin I'd sure as hell focus on an NFL team instead of my miserable cheese eating life. I kid of course, I think its awesome that the fans basically own the team. On the other end of the spectrum you have fans like those in San Diego who are just too distracted by all the nice weather to give a crap about their team unless they are really good and even then they can't sell out to avoid a blackout on TV.

But the WORST fans are all the 12th Man Bandwagoners from last year. I hate like they act like they've had this long drought of pain and suffering with their team when they didn't start watching until the playoffs.

Yes. I am a bitter man.

Joel
08-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks to a link to a Seahawks site someone posted here during the SB bye, I saw all of ONE bona fide Seattle fan last year: While everyone else was gloating over SFs fallen form and bragging what they'd do to us, there was ONE guy demanding a win to assuage his grief fromwatching Elway and the Broncos annihilate his team twice a season for most of two decades.

The rest though... I WISH I'd seen them acting like they had a long drought of pain an suffering, but that would require them to have actually been AWARE there was an NFL team in Seattle, and most seemed oblivious to that until about a year ago. I have to REMIND them their team was consistently garbage for 30 solid years before any are able to feel sad or angry about it.

In the HISTORY of that team, they've retired a grand total of FOUR numbers—one of them that "12th Man" they pay to borrow from Texas A&M without bothering to understand. Another's Walter Jones, who hasn't even been retired long enough to be eligibile for Canton (except, as of THIS YEAR, he is.) Before that, it's just Cortez Kennedy and Largent, the WRs answer to Barry Sanders: A guy who made a career of HoF performances for a rancid team.

I have to REMIND them Manning ALONE has as many SB wins (and more appearances than) their whole pitiful FRANCHISE, and Elway alone has TWICE as many of each. Just so they can shrug it off as "history," as if that makes it less rather than more memorable. Like the Giants in '07, we (or SOMEONE) owes it to the NFL and its "history" to put Seattle DOWN and end the bandwagon.

BigDaddyBronco
08-22-2014, 01:49 PM
every team has their fair share I'm sure. right now since Denver is kinda primed for a superbowl win, they probably have their fair share right now. people come and go in life tubby. that much I have learned. the one's that stay are either winners or losers, but mostly losers. Clay's feathers were just too bright for him to be chained to this community of losers. I just wish my friend well and hope that one day I will shake his hand

Don't shake his hand too hard, his skin might rip.