PDA

View Full Version : Broncos WR Jordan Norwood tears ACL, is out for season

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Broncos receiver Jordan Norwood, who seemed on the verge of becoming one of the NFL's best comeback stories of the preseason, suffered a torn left anterior cruciate ligament during practice Wednesday and is lost for the season.

Norwood was attempting to catch a sideline pass from Peyton Manning during an 11-on-11 team drill against the Houston Texans when cornerback Brandon Harris broke up the play.

Norwood fell and was carted off the practice field. He went for a magnetic resonance imaging exam and returned to the team's headquarters about 1:30 p.m. bearing crutches and an enormous brace on his left knee.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26373005/broncos-wr-jordan-norwood-tears-acl-out-season

BroncoWave
08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Man, that stinks. It was looking like he could have made the team as a kick returner.

SoCalImport
08-20-2014, 04:09 PM
God. That sucks. For the team but mostly for Norwood. Dude was obviously finding his way with this team.

Just sucks.

VonDoom
08-20-2014, 04:10 PM
I feel bad for this guy, because it sure looked like he was making this team.

That being said, if we had to sacrifice one guy to the ACL gods, I can live with him being that guy.

Joel
08-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Otherwise, what everyone else said: Sucks, because it looked like he'd just about locked up a roster spot, now he's gone for the year and his whole career's in question.

Magnificent Seven
08-20-2014, 07:13 PM
That sucks! We need to get Trindon Holliday back. However, he plays for NY Giants?

VonDoom
08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
That sucks! We need to get Trindon Holliday back. However, he plays for NY Giants?

No we don't. We don't need a home run hitter, we just need someone who won't fumble.

ShaneFalco
08-20-2014, 08:43 PM
sucks. he looked good in preseason

Traveler
08-20-2014, 08:57 PM
No we don't. We don't need a home run hitter, we just need someone who won't fumble.

Forget that. I want a home run hitter who doesn't fumble. Thought Norwood would be that guy. Shame he got hurt.

tomjonesrocks
08-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Worst thing about this is I believe this means Welker is back as the first option for returning punts. Denver needs to find an alternate solution there IMO...

Traveler
08-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Truth be told, I really wish the team hadn't let Holliday walk. For all his mistakes in the return game, he has the ability to add the needed dynamic to our special teams. Kid was electric, both positively and negatively. Especially now that we've upgraded our defense. Maybe we'll have a chance to get him back if the NYG release him.

Flame away!

Joel
08-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Holliday is like the little girl who had a little curl: When he's good, he's very VERY good (playoff return record good,) but when he's bad he's horrid. We're not awful enough to justify that gamble.

It's like starting a game with an onside kick: It'll be VERY good OR bad, nothing in between, and might be worth it if you know the other team's so far beyond yours that getting the ball to start both halves is your only hope—but if YOU'RE that much better than THEM, why give them a shot at a big lucky break when that's the ONLY way they can win?

Traveler
08-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Holliday is like the little girl who had a little curl: When he's good, he's very VERY good (playoff return record good,) but when he's bad he's horrid. We're not awful enough to justify that gamble.

It's like starting a game with an onside kick: It'll be VERY good OR bad, nothing in between, and might be worth it if you know the other team's so far beyond yours that getting the ball to start both halves is your only hope—but if YOU'RE that much better than THEM, why give them a shot at a big lucky break when that's the ONLY way they can win?

ahhhh....okay?:doh:

Joel
08-21-2014, 02:55 PM
This team's not bad enough to justify all-or-nothing gambles. "Suck for Luck" is only a good idea for teams that SUCK; giving luck a chance to trump skill is the LAST thing GOOD teams want.

Traveler
08-22-2014, 01:51 AM
This team's not bad enough to justify all-or-nothing gambles. "Suck for Luck" is only a good idea for teams that SUCK; giving luck a chance to trump skill is the LAST thing GOOD teams want.

CoachChaz
08-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Another reason we need to pay attention to the eventual release of Leon Washington

BroncoWave
08-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Truth be told, I really wish the team hadn't let Holliday walk. For all his mistakes in the return game, he has the ability to add the needed dynamic to our special teams. Kid was electric, both positively and negatively. Especially now that we've upgraded our defense. Maybe we'll have a chance to get him back if the NYG release him.

Flame away!

How was Holliday's dynamic needed? We have the best offense in nfl history. We don't need a dynamic return game to generate offense. We just need a guy who won't fumble and screw over our offense.

BroncoWave
08-22-2014, 09:43 AM

Joel makes a great point. A guy like holiday increases the variance of the game, which only works to the advantage of the lesser team.

ShaneFalco
08-22-2014, 10:51 AM
i hope wes is not returning kicks. way 2 valuable to get hurt on special teams.

Joel
08-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Joel makes a great point. A guy like holiday increases the variance of the game, which only works to the advantage of the lesser team.
All those 24 pt comebacks didn't just start happening for no reason; the Competition Committee is transforming the Hail Mary from a last second desperation play into an actual GAME PLAN. That's a rather forced form of "parity;" giving teams like Cleveland a 50/50 shot to beat teams like, well, US isn't the good thing it may seem when counting gate receipts.

Traveler
08-22-2014, 02:27 PM
How was Holliday's dynamic needed? We have the best offense in nfl history. We don't need a dynamic return game to generate offense. We just need a guy who won't fumble and screw over our offense.

Who said anything about generating offense? The dynamic Holliday brought is he made our return game a threat, which compliments our offense. If anything, he would put our defense in a bid on punts. With the defense we have now, I think we'd be able to better withstand his ball handling issues.

BroncoWave
08-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Who said anything about generating offense? The dynamic Holliday brought is he made our return game a threat, which compliments our offense. If anything, he would put our defense in a bid on punts. With the defense we have now, I think we'd be able to better withstand his ball handling issues.

His fumbling hurts our offense more than his returns compliment it. Like I said, he is just too much of a high variance player. High variance players are not what a team like us needs.

TXBRONC
08-22-2014, 04:00 PM

This exactly why Elway and Fox brought Holiday to Denver. They wanted someone back there that had the ability to flip field position and that was threat to break one for a touchdown at anytime. Even with as good as Denver has been with Manning at helm Elway and Fox thought it was good idea to have guy who could give Manning a short field to work with. Unfortunately the bad out weighed the good. Hopefully Denver will be able to find some else who can do the same thing without the drops.