PDA

View Full Version : Injury update Robinson & Barrow

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Retweeted by Andrew Mason
Patrick Smyth @psmyth12 · 48m

Fox also tells @850KOA that TE Gerell Robinson will miss only a "week or two" with his knee injury suffered at SF.

Retweeted by Andrew Mason
Patrick Smyth @psmyth12 · 50m

Broncos HC John Fox to @850KOA re: LB Lamin Barrow's injury: "It's just a bruise. I'm told he'll be at practice tomorrow."

OrangeHoof
08-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Barrow could find himself playing a big role with this team as the season wears on. I hope he can stay healthy.

TXBRONC
08-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Barrow could find himself playing a big role with this team as the season wears on. I hope he can stay healthy.

If I heard correctly it sounds like they're using him in much the same way that Trevathan was used in his rookie season.

Joel
08-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Good news on Barrow, but missing "just" "a week or two" NOW could cost Robinson a spot on the team: He's listed as 4th string NOW (and not even "first among fourths,") the first cuts are a week from now, and the last preseason game is when most teams play ALL their bubble guys all game to see who to keep after the final cuts just a few days later. Robinson's not gonna move up from #5 TE sitting on the bench, and I can't imagine we'll keep 5 TEs. I guess we could PS him, but there are only 8 more spots there, and far more than 8 guys fighting for them.

Sucks; after two preseasons with us I almost feel like he's an honorary Bronco (even if he wound up on Arizonas PS last year,) but if he can't play, I can't see how he makes the team.

tripp
08-18-2014, 09:48 PM
I always thought Gerrell Robinson would be great to have when Oz becomes starting QB. I'm not sure whether that's going to happen anymore.

Ziggy
08-18-2014, 11:59 PM
I'd be surprised if Robinson makes the final roster without going to IR. He simply drops too many passes, and can't block like a TE should. The blocking inadequacies can be overlooked when you have receiving talent like Julius Thomas, but Robinson doesn't.

Davii
08-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Good news on Barrow, but missing "just" "a week or two" NOW could cost Robinson a spot on the team: He's listed as 4th string NOW (and not even "first among fourths,") the first cuts are a week from now, and the last preseason game is when most teams play ALL their bubble guys all game to see who to keep after the final cuts just a few days later. Robinson's not gonna move up from #5 TE sitting on the bench, and I can't imagine we'll keep 5 TEs. I guess we could PS him, but there are only 8 more spots there, and far more than 8 guys fighting for them.

Sucks; after two preseasons with us I almost feel like he's an honorary Bronco (even if he wound up on Arizonas PS last year,) but if he can't play, I can't see how he makes the team.

Big Al was saying earlier today that practice squad is now ten players

Joel
08-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Big Al was saying earlier today that practice squad is now ten players
Huh; that would help, though not a whole lot.

tripp
08-19-2014, 11:10 PM
I'd be surprised if Robinson makes the final roster without going to IR. He simply drops too many passes, and can't block like a TE should. The blocking inadequacies can be overlooked when you have receiving talent like Julius Thomas, but Robinson doesn't.

I was a little surprised that he was listed as a TE. Isn't he a WR?

Joel
08-20-2014, 02:03 AM
I was a little surprised that he was listed as a TE. Isn't he a WR?
That's what I thought, too, but Bolden was a safety till his second year in Denver, so maybe it's one of those deals.

Simple Jaded
08-20-2014, 11:17 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2072835-denver-broncos-gerell-robinson-former-wide-receiver-now-a-sleeper-at-tight-end

Robinson was moved to TE this offseason.

Joel
08-21-2014, 08:19 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2072835-denver-broncos-gerell-robinson-former-wide-receiver-now-a-sleeper-at-tight-end

Robinson was moved to TE this offseason.
Hopefully that works out better for him (and Franklin and Garland) than it did for Bolden. Then again, Orange Julius wanted to be a WR in college, but his coach said TE, and that's gone OK.