PDA

View Full Version : “Hi Stephanie, This is Peyton Manning.”

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2014, 10:31 AM
The Sheriff. 18. PFM.

Peyton Freakin’ Manning.

The Denver Broncos quarterback is referred to by many nicknames. However, after Saturday afternoon, I’d primarily refer to him as genuine, kind, and authentic.

There have been many moments of incredible blessing in my fight against cancer. Abundant and overwhelming amounts of gifts, kind words, and support. The platform to meet with others and share my story. Innumerable opportunities for writing and motivating. Open doors I would have not experienced without this disease barging into my life. Though cancer has brought tremendous grief and loss, it’s also brought with it a wave of encouraging gifts and bright rays of hope.

rest - http://www.derailingmydiagnosis.com/2014/08/18/hi-stephanie-this-is-peyton-manning/

Peyton is not only a GREAT QB, but he is also a GREAT person :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Words have the power of life and death. Just sharing a few words of encouragement can go a long way.

BroncoJoe
08-18-2014, 11:11 AM
From the article:

The man that you see throwing accurately targeted passes to his receivers is more than a great football player. He is a class-act, devoted to more than just the game. Though meticulously focused on the field, he understands with great awareness the impact he has outside the lines of the gridiron. His life displays compassion, and he has always focused on using his platform as a way to bless others. This was no more apparent to me than during our conversation. This man, with arguably the highest profile job in professional sports and a full schedule both on and off the field, took a moment out of his life to reach out to me and share encouragement.

S.T.U.D.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Words have the power of life and death. Just sharing a few words of encouragement can go a long way.

True, and this is what is so special about Peyton. He shares words of encouragement, not because he HAS to, but because he WANTS to.