PDA

View Full Version : Hochman: Succulent sandwich is classic Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2014, 03:05 PM
NEW ORLEANS — The bartender tells you they're the "First family of Nu Oaaaar-lins" — that final syllable quickly dropping from his mouth like an anchor — and this is where they feast on their native cuisine, mouth-watering po-boys, which taste like someone fried Louisiana and served it as a sandwich.

"I'll tell ya," said Raymond Chauvin, 75, behind the old bar at Domilise's Restaurant. "The family as a whole are the nicest people you ever want to meet. If there's any such thing as a First Family of New Orleans, that's the Mannings: the mother, the father, Peyton, Eli and Cooper. ... We're proud of them, proud that we know them."

In Peyton Manning's hometown, Peyton Manning's favorite sandwich at his favorite lunch spot is the "shrimp po-boy, dressed," a quintessential Nu Oaaaar-lins meal that's thus quintessentially Peyton.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_26347444/succulent-sandwich-is-classic-peyton-manning

Simple Jaded
08-16-2014, 07:15 PM
My favorite sammich is a New York Steamer from Firehouse, corned beef and pastrami with provolone...delish.

Dzone
08-16-2014, 07:45 PM
I would like to try that shrimp po boy , dressed...damn they dont have that stuff in colorado, all we have is subgay

TXBRONC
08-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I would like to try that shrimp po boy , dressed...damn they dont have that stuff in colorado, all we have is subgay

It does sound pretty good.

RyanC
08-18-2014, 09:23 AM

If you're in Denver go to Lucille's on Logan and Alameda. They have killer coonass food, including po boys. Just be prepared to have someone roll you out of there...byowc (bring your own wheel chair).