PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Norwood emerges as solid target for Denver Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Among all the Broncos' personnel changes surrounding quarterback Peyton Manning, Jordan Norwood is perhaps the least-known player. He was undrafted, cut twice and out of football last season. But from a technical perspective, the wide receiver from Penn State might be the best prepared to work with Manning.

Norwood, 27, is the son of Baylor associate head coach Brian Norwood, who previously worked under Joe Paterno at Penn State. Norwood is a football encyclopedia of knowledge, and there probably isn't a situation Manning can envision that Norwood hasn't thought of conquering. That's why Norwood's goal goes beyond merely making Denver's 53-man roster. Perfection is his goal.

Speaking Manning's language and fulfilling Denver's need for a kick returner could land Norwood on Denver's season-opening roster. He was taking repetitions with the No. 1 offense Friday and is second on the kick-returning depth chart behind veteran Wes Welker.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26347443/jordan-norwood-emerges-solid-target-broncos

OrangeHoof
08-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I don't want Welker doing kick returns after all his concussion issues last year. That's just asking for trouble. Turns out he wasn't Mr. Ball Security when he was asked to catch punts either. I don't know if Norwood is the answer but it shouldn't be Welker.

Canmore
08-17-2014, 03:14 AM
I don't want Welker doing kick returns after all his concussion issues last year. That's just asking for trouble. Turns out he wasn't Mr. Ball Security when he was asked to catch punts either. I don't know if Norwood is the answer but it shouldn't be Welker.

Truth. Welker shouldn't be near special teams.

chrisslot
08-17-2014, 05:00 AM
Start 10 pm for the netherlands, finally a watchable time bronco game! GO BRONCOS