PDA

View Full Version : Jawan-A see the future Broncos RB?

Gimpygod
08-10-2014, 02:40 PM
he is good!

http://youtu.be/mup0L6eRBmE

Northman
08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Man, a lot of you guys are late to the party.

Gimpygod
08-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Man, a lot of you guys are late to the party.

I didn't see any JT Steamroller threads so frew dis up. *Note some of the video shows him making special teams tackles. Nice

Valar Morghulis
08-10-2014, 03:58 PM
He seems to be quite comfortable between the tackles and bouncing to the outside - nice.

Dzone
08-10-2014, 04:22 PM
dude is tough. I like what he said about liking to put the hurt on people. JT is badass

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2014, 05:30 PM
from article:

That Thompson turned up in Denver can be traced to his college. Duke is not a football factory, but serves as a retreat for Peyton Manning. Manning meets with his top receivers in Durham each spring, while going over basics with Blue Devils coach David Cutcliffe, who has worked with Manning since his days at Tennessee. With his eligibility expired, Thompson, an All-ACC academic team member, was free to practice with the NFL's reigning MVP.

"I was able to see those guys, and hear some of their terminology," Thompson said. "They gave me a good feeling about the team this year."

full article - good - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26302767/juwan-thompson-battles-into-mix-playing-time-at

Simple Jaded
08-10-2014, 07:21 PM
OMG! Putting him in the Hall of Fame already? Typical.

BroncoWave
08-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Everyone sure did forget about CJ Anderson real quick. :lol:

Simple Jaded
08-11-2014, 01:21 AM
Be honest gimpy, you started this thread just so you could drop the "Juwan A see" line?

Dzone
08-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Best Bronco running back ever

atwater27
08-11-2014, 08:01 AM
God forbid anyone get excited about a rookie player on the Broncos. and talk about potential on a broncos themed website. Prepare to be mocked by the cool kidz. And just so you guys know, nobody is anointing him to the hall of fame or even the ring of fame. The draft and the preseason is about estimating potential and getting excited about estimated talent, hopes, dreams and all that. Everyone knows most of the guys don't pan out, but it is fun to optimistically project. Get over yourselves.

TXBRONC
08-11-2014, 08:12 AM
God forbid anyone get excited about a rookie player on the Broncos. and talk about potential on a broncos themed website. Prepare to be mocked by the cool kidz. And just so you guys know, nobody is anointing him to the hall of fame or even the ring of fame. The draft and the preseason is about estimating potential and getting excited about estimated talent, hopes, dreams and all that. Everyone knows most of the guys don't pan out, but it is fun to optimistically project. Get over yourselves.

I still like the potential of Anderson. He was having a good game until he went out with the concussion. Back to Thompson, he looked good but I temper that with the knowledge that it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Dzone
08-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Yes But those 3rd and 4th stringers were some of the best college players in the nation, better level of competition than he faced at duke. Hope he gets in soon against a number 1 D so that we can anoint him to the ring of fame

BroncoWave
08-11-2014, 11:40 AM

It was a joke buddy. Cool your gaskets.

Dzone
08-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Everyone sure did forget about CJ Anderson real quick. :lol:
Who?

atwater27
08-11-2014, 02:24 PM
It was a joke buddy. Cool your gaskets.

Wasn't even talking about you.

tubby
08-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Wasn't even talking about you.

You have a bug sunglasses. :cool:

GEM
08-11-2014, 02:59 PM

That's so they can play the I told you so later. :rolleyes: Eff em.....I love how the kid runs! Hell of a lot ******* better than one Ronnie Hillman.

Gimpygod
08-11-2014, 03:14 PM
OMG! Putting him in the Hall of Fame already? Typical.

He's going in the Hall Of Fame! Nice!

CoachChaz
08-11-2014, 03:54 PM
That's so they can play the I told you so later. :rolleyes: Eff em.....I love how the kid runs! Hell of a lot ******* better than one Ronnie Hillman.

Agreed...but Ball, Anderson and Thompson are all kind of the same player. Need something different from time to time. Unfortunately...our different is Hillman

Valar Morghulis
08-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Agreed...but Ball, Anderson and Thompson are all kind of the same player. Need something different from time to time. Unfortunately...our different is Hillman

I agree with this - i am high on CJ, but we can not carry 3 similar style runners - need to see how Thompson does if he gets a run with the firsts in the next pre-season game

Dzone
08-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Juwan Thompson>Adrian Peterson

GEM
08-11-2014, 05:42 PM
How the convo goes here:

Poster 1: That guy runs a lot like TD.
Poster 2: So now you think he's TD, what a dumbass this poster is.
Poster 1: I said a lot like.
Poster 2: Then you never saw TD run.
Poster 1: I've been a fan since 1902, of course I saw TD run.
Poster 2: They haven't been around that long. Look at me, I'm superior fan.
Poster 1: Well I have a bigger wang.

MOtorboat
08-11-2014, 05:49 PM
How the convo goes here:

I think you're the first person to mention that he looked like TD.

He did. Hit those holes perfectly.

Friendly reminder that the dipshits who vote for the HOF haven't let TD in. Morons.

BroncoWave
08-11-2014, 06:02 PM
How the convo goes here:

This made me laugh. Pretty accurate description of most threads here.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I think you're the first person to mention that he looked like TD.

He did. Hit those holes perfectly.

Friendly reminder that the dipshits who vote for the HOF haven't let TD in. Morons.

Oh ffs Mo....can someone not post a joke without some poster coming in and taking it seriously?? So I guess I'm poster 1 and you're poster 2? :rolleyes: Did you really just go there or is this just a comical response?

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:11 PM
P.S. Mo, I love the kid, think he's awesome sauce and I hope they don't waste a spot on Hillman and get rid of one of these young guys for a small guy who can't hold onto the football and won't amount to much ever in the NFL.

MOtorboat
08-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Oh ffs Mo....can someone not post a joke without some poster coming in and taking it seriously?? So I guess I'm poster 1 and you're poster 2? :rolleyes: Did you really just go there or is this just a comical response?

Try the latter.

Although I'm dead serious about the morons who vote for HOF.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Try the latter.

Although I'm dead serious about the morons who vote for HOF.

Awwwww you got me then! :D

They are ******* idiots...they should get together with King and go blow someone.

MOtorboat
08-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Seriously, though, Thompson's up the gut cutback was the best run I've seen from a Broncos back in maybe four years. Albeit against guys who won't be playing in the league next month.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Seriously, though, Thompson's up the gut cutback was the best run I've seen from a Broncos back in maybe four years. Albeit against guys who won't be playing in the league next month.

I hope they put him against some real competition to see what he has. He looked extraordinary on Thursday. Just like whoa who the hell is that kid!

BroncoWave
08-11-2014, 06:15 PM
If this Jawan kid is the real deal and we keep him, I would see us cutting CJ before Hillman. As others have said, Ball/CJ/Jawan are all pretty similar. Hillman is the change of pace guy. I don't really see us cutting Hillman to keep the other 3. I think the last RB spot goes to either CJ or Jawan.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:18 PM
BTW....TD was the first comparison I thought of Thursday, he cuts much the same way, same type of vision and built similar.

Ready for crucifixion. :dead:

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:19 PM
If this Jawan kid is the real deal and we keep him, I would see us cutting CJ before Hillman. As others have said, Ball/CJ/Jawan are all pretty similar. Hillman is the change of pace guy. I don't really see us cutting Hillman to keep the other 3. I think the last RB spot goes to either CJ or Jawan.

Ugh....he's not a change of pace in a good way. Change of pace as in puts the ball on the ground and changes the game. I really don't like his play and just can't get over how many times he's put the ball on the ground.

BroncoWave
08-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Ugh....he's not a change of pace in a good way. Change of pace as in puts the ball on the ground and changes the game. I really don't like his play and just can't get over how many times he's put the ball on the ground.

Well he didn't fumble in the first game and by all reports he's bulked up and isn't having fumbling issues in camp. I am nowhere near his biggest fan myself, but if he proves he can hold onto the ball, I think it makes more sense to keep him as a backup than to keep two guys that are more similar to the starter.

It also wouldn't shock me to see us cut Hillman and either Jawan or CJ and bring in another guy as a FA. I still see our depth at RB as a big question mark. These guys seem to have potential, but none of them have really proven anything yet.

NightTerror218
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
The one thing. Like about Juwan is that he is a good pass blocker. That was 90% of what he did at Duke. That def helps his case. He us also the biggest back as well. Short yardage guy.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Well he didn't fumble in the first game and by all reports he's bulked up and isn't having fumbling issues in camp. I am nowhere near his biggest fan myself, but if he proves he can hold onto the ball, I think it makes more sense to keep him as a backup than to keep two guys that are more similar to the starter.

It also wouldn't shock me to see us cut Hillman and either Jawan or CJ and bring in another guy as a FA. I still see our depth at RB as a big question mark. These guys seem to have potential, but none of them have really proven anything yet.

Hopefully he is better, I just don't trust the kid. Hope he proves me wrong.

Shazam!
08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
If Denver can get an actual running game... WATCH OUT.

tubby
08-11-2014, 09:19 PM
#40 rules!

broncosinindy
08-12-2014, 12:19 AM
The kid impressed me. Let's go broncos!

atwater27
08-12-2014, 08:05 AM
I'd like to see more of Capri Bibbs too. Maybe Denver needs to keep an extra back or 2 than normal.

TXBRONC
08-12-2014, 08:18 AM
If I'm not mistaken most teams will carry about four running backs on their roster. Fox as well has Shanahan before him always did. I don't think it's far fetched for keep all five. Ball, Hillman, Anderson, and Thompson to the roster with Bibbs to the practice squad.

CoachChaz
08-12-2014, 08:30 AM
The one thing. Like about Juwan is that he is a good pass blocker. That was 90% of what he did at Duke. That def helps his case. He us also the biggest back as well. Short yardage guy.

You could replace Juwan with CJ in this post and it would still be correct. That's the tough decision that comes and I could see 4 RB's making the roster.

That being said, I could see Hillman being cut and a better 3rd down guy being picked up after cuts. Maybe a Leon Washington type.

CoachChaz
08-12-2014, 08:31 AM
If I'm not mistaken most teams will carry about four running backs on their roster. Fox as well has Shanahan before him always did. I don't think it's far fetched for keep all five. Ball, Hillman, Anderson, and Thompson to the roster with Bibbs to the practice squad.

Especially since we'll only carry 2 QB's and probably only 5 LB's.

NightTerror218
08-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Especially since we'll only carry 2 QB's and probably only 5 LB's.

Juwan is a ST guy as well. That could be his help to the 53 man roster. I think he was ST captain at Duke.

Joel
08-13-2014, 08:50 AM
BTW....TD was the first comparison I thought of Thursday, he cuts much the same way, same type of vision and built similar.

Ready for crucifixion. :dead:
No, I can see it, though I want to see it in a real game. But in the preseason game, he was doing the "one cut and go" thing pretty consistently, not plowing straight forward into a lineman the moment he got the handoff or running around for five seconds without actual GETTING anywhere. I got a bit frustrated with guys doing the latter after he got hurt.

Since Thompson's a good blocker and STer, my question is why we'd cut him. He brings a lot to the table; what have we seen from anyone else that justifies giving that up to keep any of them? Hillman makes sense if he can hold onto the ball; he wasn't spectacular in the regular season, but not awful apart from the fumbles (admittedly a big qualifier.) Anderson, Clay, Bibbs? We can keep one and PS another; anything leaping out that we can't afford to lose by cutting the last one instead of Thompson?

MOtorboat
08-13-2014, 08:53 AM
No, I can see it, though I want to see it in a real game. But in the preseason game, he was doing the "one cut and go" thing pretty consistently, not plowing straight forward into a lineman the moment he got the handoff or running around for five seconds without actual GETTING anywhere. I got a bit frustrated with guys doing the latter after he got hurt.

Since Thompson's a good blocker and STer, my question is why we'd cut him. He brings a lot to the table; what have we seen from anyone else that justifies giving that up to keep any of them? Hillman makes sense if he can hold onto the ball; he wasn't spectacular in the regular season, but not awful apart from the fumbles (admittedly a big qualifier.) Anderson, Clay, Bibbs? We can keep one and PS another; anything leaping out that we can't afford to lose by cutting the last one instead of Thompson?

If you see Thompson in a real game, it's a bad sign for the Broncos.

weazel
08-13-2014, 09:10 AM
I like Duke as well... Johnson

tubby
08-13-2014, 10:20 AM

Never know MO. Could be a blessing in disguise.

MOtorboat
08-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Never know MO. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Could be, but at the same time it means Ball and Hillman are either hurt or can't cut it.

tubby
08-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Could be, but at the same time it means Ball and Hillman are either hurt or can't cut it.

Terrell Davis tho

MOtorboat
08-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Terrell Davis tho

The odds are stacked against it.

Valar Morghulis
08-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Thats probably what they thought about Alfred Morris in Washington. Talent is talent regardless of draft status, if he is good enough, he will get game time.

GEM
08-13-2014, 12:15 PM

We are way more justified keeping him over Hillman. And I am sick of seeing the change of pace back bullshit. He doesn't change the pace, he changes the game...and not in a good way.

Joel
08-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Ball can't play every down, and neither Hillman nor Anderson were so spectacular in real games that any drop would be huge. If anyone's made a big developmental leap, I'd expect it to be Anderson; how many backs are scrubs their first two seasons but break out stars in the third? I mean, unless a bona fide star kept them on the bench; Hillman wasn't in that situation: He just couldn't earn the starting spot. The only reason Moreno got a chance at it despite multiple mediocre years is we had NO ONE better.

I presume (perhaps wrongly) Ball starts as long as he's healthy and doesn't do something horrible, in which case we're talking about who spells him. Right now, Thompson looks about as good as any of the others, and no worse, so it's not hard to imagine seeing him in a game. I expect Hillman to be #2 just because he's got more game (and pro) experience, but if he falters even a little and/or Thompson comes on strong, is swapping them so implausible? Wasn't Moreno #3 on the depth chart this time last year?

We are way more justified keeping him over Hillman. And I am sick of seeing the change of pace back bullshit. He doesn't change the pace, he changes the game...and not in a good way.
He's not terrible if he can keep his hands on the ball; he's just not great either. I can understand the logic to a point: Few backs can do all thigs well, and amost none can be speedy, powerful AND shifty, so how many backs with the same build and style do we need before they go from "valuable backup" to "redundantly one-dimensional"? No one wants a scatback workhorse—but no one's suggesting Hillman start; he just needs to give Ball a breather 10-20 plays/game and take advantage of tired Ds, especially if teams scheme/package to stop Ball and the rest.

All that said, no one wants a scatback workhorse; if we still had Terrell Davis and he went down, I'd rather send out someone identical than say, Kyle Johnson (much as I love him.)

Put it this way: If we keep Thompson behind Ball, are there any TWO other backs you'd rather have than Hillman? Three, if we can PS one.

MOtorboat
08-13-2014, 07:08 PM
I will completely stand by my statement. No team wants their third string running back getting big carries. Yes, he looked good, but if he can't beat out the guys in front of him in camp, then it's a bad sign if he's playing heavy numbers of snaps.

BroncoWave
08-13-2014, 07:45 PM
I will completely stand by my statement. No team wants their third string running back getting big carries. Yes, he looked good, but if he can't beat out the guys in front of him in camp, then it's a bad sign if he's playing heavy numbers of snaps.

Agreed. I don't think he's going to suddenly show something in a preseason game that the coaches haven't already seen in TC. If he was the next TD or Alfred Morris, I think he'd already have been on his way up the depth chart.

Joel
08-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Sure, if he stays #3, but I took it for granted folks talking him up expect him to MOVE up, or at least think he's got a great chance to; it's not like there's a roster full of Pro Bowlers ahead of him.

Agreed. I don't think he's going to suddenly show something in a preseason game that the coaches haven't already seen in TC. If he was the next TD or Alfred Morris, I think he'd already have been on his way up the depth chart.
Didn't Terrell Davis' climb up the depth chart start in a preseason game? Wikipedia says he started his rookie year SIXTH on the depth chart "and was a long shot to make the team" until he got everyones attention in that Tokyo game: The SECOND preseason game. So maybe Thompson levels a kick returner this weekend and wins the starting job by Opening Day. Though I doubt it.

We'll see; I can't speak for others, but don't personally think we'll ride a backups backup to victory. But a solid #2 so a good running game doesn't collapse when Ball's sucking wind? Imagine last year in NE with ANYONE worth a darn to come in when Moreno staggered to the sideline with a bone bruise after racking up >200 yds almost singlehandedly carrying us. Or the playoff game two years ago with ANYONE better than Hillman when Moreno got hurt. Running-by-committee makes a solid #2 nearly as important as a solid #1; Thompson may be either, and help immensely.

Joel
08-13-2014, 08:52 PM
dude is tough. I like what he said about liking to put the hurt on people. JT is badass
Me, too, and THAT'S more reminiscent of a RB who said similar things and IS in the HoF: Jim Brown. It can't hurt your rushing average if defenders are AFRAID to tackle you. ;) Speaking of comparisons to HoF RBs though, at least one other person's made the Terrell Davis comparison already: http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/08/13/juwan-thompson-next-terrell-davis/

tubby
08-13-2014, 11:24 PM

Where have you been? He is starting on Sunday. #duh

MOtorboat
08-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Where have you been? He is starting on Sunday. #duh

#wetalkinboutpractice

Simple Jaded
08-13-2014, 11:41 PM

It was a joke, just mocking the folks who mocked the folks who got excited about CJ Anderson. I like them both, as backups, and I could not possibly care less which one they decide to keep...maybe both, even better. I like Hillman too, keep them all...or not.

Pass protection. . .derp.

Dapper Dan
08-14-2014, 05:11 AM
He's fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mup0L6eRBmE

Cugel
08-14-2014, 02:37 PM
How the convo goes here:

OMG that was so funny! It's absolutely true! Sadly it doesn't even stop there! :laugh:

Poster 2: Your shriveled wang is too small to even be seen! My wang is the size of a large gourd!

Poster 1: You're a fag! I'm the ultimate fan because I'm so awesome!

Etc. Etc.

Cugel
08-14-2014, 02:43 PM
This article from Mile High Sports (http://milehighsports.com/2014/08/13/c-j-anderson-out-juwan-thompson-in/) just emphasizes it:

In 2013, Anderson was the big story at camp, making the team as an undrafted free-agent out of California. This year appears to be a similar situation, with one difference: Thompson is bigger and stronger, and fits the Broncos system much better.

Unfortunately for last season’s surprise back, Thompson represents something the Broncos desperately need: A nasty, hard-nosed runner.

At 5-foot-11 and a ripped 225 pounds, Thompson has run with a fire and attitude throughout camp and into the preseason. Against the Seahawks, he recorded 59 yards on only six carries. He clearly established himself as the most physical runner on the field that night.

In addition to his rushing skills, Thompson also comes from Duke University, where he played in a spread passing attack in which they ran a no-huddle, fast-paced unit. He has a proven track record of picking up blitzes and catching passes all on the fly. . . .

In 2013, Anderson too made his mark in camp, particularly in the second preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers, when he rushed for 69 yards on 15 carries. The performance showed flashes of the level of play he was capable of, but shortly after, he suffered a knee injury that sidelined him for a good portion of the regular season. When he returned, he saw some snaps, even some in the Super Bowl, but the potential he showed in the preseason just didn’t quite translate. When the dust settled on the season, Anderson finished with only a handful of carries and fewer than 50 rushing yards to show for them. Whether it was due to health or talent, Anderson couldn’t show the skill level that kept him on the roster. Now after his concussion in 2014’s preseason opener, that opportunity belongs to Thompson.

Thompson has already seized it.

Despite being only a few pounds lighter than Thompson, Anderson looked more tentative when hitting the hole and more often than not in camp has looked to side-step to the outside. Playing the change-of-pace back when he should be the bruiser is a recipe to get cut. Add in the knee injury and the concussion and the risk of keeping him and passing on the potential of Thompson is simply not worth it.

Both running backs have nearly identical salaries of around $500,000 a year and have motivation and talent to give to an offense that wants to emphasize the run more this season. However, Thompson (so far) has proven to be tougher and more durable, and has shown the ability to buck the learning curve that has plagued every first-year back that Denver has brought in during the Peyton Manning era.

Joel
08-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Nice article; two things leapt out at me:

Add in the knee injury and the concussion and the risk of keeping him and passing on the potential of Thompson is simply not worth it.
Injuries happen and, as long as not serious, players can bounce back; we know Hillmans appendectomy won't cost him half the season, so no one's talking about cutting him because of that—but many people have talking about cutting him for much BETTER reasons since the middle of last season. It's really hard to see a downside or weakness in Thompson.

He's picking up our over-complicated offense quickly, because he played college ball under a similar one with a former Manning coach.
He consequently pass blocks well.
He consequently catches well.
He's one-cut-and-go with nice zip, then finishes powerfully because he likes punishing tacklers as much as Jim Brown did.
He plays STs well on top of all that

What DOESN'T he do, and, just as importantly, which of our other RBs does any/all those things better? I live a ways from Dove Valley, but few names come to mind. The case for cutting Anderson to make room for Thompson could arguably apply to all/most all our backs. He's adjusting to our offense better than Clay or Bibbs likely are, and doesn't have to overcome coach criticism of anything Ball did last year or Hillman the last two. I'm not saying he'll take Balls job, but making the top 3-4? Name 2-3 other Broncos RBs who look better now.

Denver was clearly an aerial show last year; they put on a clinic in the passing attack. Yet when push came to shove, the team could not pick up crucial first downs in the run game.
This is the other thing: We need a dominant runner as badly now as in '95, someone who commands such respect 7-8 guys on one of historys best Ds will lunge left to stop him so Elway can trot right and untouched into the end zone for a TD he could just as easily have thrown to an uncovered receiver. We need a RB who can put the team on his back when NOTHING else is working; we've tried winning SBs with just a HoF QB and solid D: It'll get us to the Big Dance, but DOA.

I ranted plenty on that most of last year, and the previous one, and am convinced it was a lot of why history best passing didn't have a FIRST DOWN till the second quarter of SB XLVIII, and our ONLY score was the third quarters last play. It wasn't the WHOLE problem, by any means; our offensive line was mauled from kickoff to gun, and it's hard to run OR pass without blocking.

I said, "historys best passing," for a reason though: We've got PFM, but the problem is everyone KNOWS we've got PFM, and that we ain't got much ELSE if they can meet the impossible challenge of stopping him. Coaches naturally plan for playing Manning, and our many great receivers, but they can't hurt us if his quick reads and quick releases aren't quick ENOUGH to get them the ball. If a good D has the luxury of everyone either blitzing or covering on every down, with no fear will gash them with a 20 yd run, it can be a long night. Like the one last February.

We need a back who can at least keep them honest; make at least one DT stay home so we've got an extra blocker, or one LB so there's one less guy to divide up a zone and/or pickup a receiver over the middle. Just someone good enough the D doesn't know before the snap whether will pass or run, because they must respect both, so can't sell out on either. That's huge, and the more versatile a back is, the less his presence on the field tips his hand the way a great runner who can't block or great blocker who can't run does.

Terrell Davis was like that, as selfless in pass blocking as he was devastating in running. If Thompson brings that kind of quality versatility AND makes a single cut around a tackler before sprinting for a dozen yards... well, we've seen a versatile guy come in at 5'11" a little over 200 lbs. and sixth on the depth chart, be a solid STer and end up starting on Opening Day, then take us two repeat SB wins so our aging first ballot HoFer could retire on top. As incredibly unlikely as it seems, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Canmore
08-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Ball had the appendectomy.

Shazam!
08-14-2014, 10:14 PM
null

Oh God.

Joel
08-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Ball had the appendectomy.
My bad. Point still stands though; it won't get him cut.

Joel
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Oh God.
Him run good. Them run bad. Me like run good. Better?

olathebroncofan
08-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Oh God.
Him run good. Them run bad. Me like run good. Better?

Just type out your full response, and type out a cliff notes version, then type out cliff's of your cliffs. Then when your are done with that, cut that by 90%.

THEN give us 10 words that summarize your final cliff notes version.

THEN...cut that in half. You should be good to go after that.

NightTerror218
08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Juwan will get his shot against SF. Let's see what he does there. Right now hillman and juwan are top two in preseason even will ball as starter.

ShaneFalco
08-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks for posting the highlights.

He does run hard. Just have to see it in a live game, besides preseason.

I do like how physical he is. Finishing runs falling forward... etc.

Joel
08-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Just type out your full response, and type out a cliff notes version, then type out cliff's of your cliffs. Then when your are done with that, cut that by 90%.

The SHORT form was "type 5 words." Just, y'know, FYI. :tongue:

Joel
08-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Juwan will get his shot against SF. Let's see what he does there. Right now hillman and juwan are top two in preseason even will ball as starter.
I'm a bit curious whether he or Hillman starts vs. SF. I'd think the coaches have a good idea of what Hillman can do coming into his third year, but Thompson's only played ONE "game." Makes me wonder how much the fans mirror the FO; it feels like, were it up to fans, Thompson would've already passed Hillman on the depth chart. They may BOTH need a big game this weekend....

dogfish
08-16-2014, 10:14 AM

BTB's not cool-- he just thinks he is. . . :listen:

dogfish
08-16-2014, 10:19 AM

bullshit! denver has a proud tradition of finding quality talent in the late rounds and UDFA, and you know it. . . shannon sharpe, rod smith, TD, tom nalen, matt lepsis, chris harris and danny trevathan all want a word with you on this subject. . .

:defense:

also, ronnie hillman sucks nuts. . . he'll make the roster this year because they invested a second on him. . . this is his last chance, though. . .

MOtorboat
08-16-2014, 10:43 AM
bullshit! denver has a proud tradition of finding quality talent in the late rounds and UDFA, and you know it. . . shannon sharpe, rod smith, TD, tom nalen, matt lepsis, chris harris and danny trevathan all want a word with you on this subject. . .

also, ronnie hillman sucks nuts. . . he'll make the roster this year because they invested a second on him. . . this is his last chance, though. . .

They sign 15-20 a year. Finding seven out of the last 30 years...I'd say the odds are that he's not those players.

TXBRONC
08-16-2014, 10:49 AM

Mike Anderson.

BroncoJoe
08-16-2014, 11:35 AM
They sign 15-20 a year. Finding seven out of the last 30 years...I'd say the odds are that he's not those players.

So - we're not allowed to get a bit excited and/or hopeful?

MOtorboat
08-16-2014, 11:38 AM
So - we're not allowed to get a bit excited and/or hopeful?

My bad. No opinions allowed here. Per Joe.

Btw, I like the kid, and I liked what I saw.

BroncoJoe
08-16-2014, 11:43 AM
My bad. No opinions allowed here. Per Joe.

Btw, I like the kid, and I liked what I saw.

Thanks, Debbie Downer.

NightTerror218
08-16-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm a bit curious whether he or Hillman starts vs. SF. I'd think the coaches have a good idea of what Hillman can do coming into his third year, but Thompson's only played ONE "game." Makes me wonder how much the fans mirror the FO; it feels like, were it up to fans, Thompson would've already passed Hillman on the depth chart. They may BOTH need a big game this weekend....

Hillman is playing better right now. They are probably curious about his ball security as well. I think they will both get green lights against SF starters.

dogfish
08-16-2014, 12:01 PM

*odds*

derp!

chris kuper, mike anderson, wesley woodyard, chris meyers, malik jackson. . . jayshon sykes was a promising kid before injuries ended his career. . . there have been more-- i'm not diggin' it up on saturday afternoon. . . besides, RB is still THE easiest transition from college ball-- it's not a bit uncommon to find contributors there in the late rounds and UDFA. . .

TXBRONC
08-16-2014, 12:27 PM
*odds*

derp!

chris kuper, mike anderson, wesley woodyard, chris meyers, malik jackson. . . jayshon sykes was a promising kid before injuries ended his career. . . there have been more-- i'm not diggin' it up on saturday afternoon. . . besides, RB is still THE easiest transition from college ball-- it's not a bit uncommon to find contributors there in the late rounds and UDFA. . .

It's one of the reasons you don't see as many running backs going in the first round as we once did.

Nomad
08-16-2014, 12:28 PM
*odds*

derp!

TD didn't make your list.....:ohwell::D

I would have not known who Jawan A was, unless I read this forum. So I learned something today from BF.

MOtorboat
08-16-2014, 12:34 PM
*odds*

derp!

Why are you adding in late-round picks?

Besides, bringing up Rod Smith to prove that Jawan Thompson can play is absurd. You know that Dog.

Dzone
08-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Heard interview this morning with brandon spano and Juwan Thompson. Asked him how it felt to be called the next terrell davis. It was a good interview. who says running backs are not important? Juwan T is going to be the main event tomorrow

Nomad
08-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Heard interview this morning with brandon spano and Juwan Thompson. Asked him how it felt to be called the next terrell davis. It was a good interview. who says running backs are not important? Juwan T is going to be the main event tomorrow

He can't be the next TD, unless he proves it on ST.:D

Simple Jaded
08-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Hillman was a 3rd round pick, dog, not that it changes your point.

dogfish
08-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Why are you adding in late-round picks?

Besides, bringing up Rod Smith to prove that Jawan Thompson can play is absurd. You know that Dog.

read my post again. . .

doesn't say that he can play-- it says that denver has found lots of productive players in those spots, so why should people discount thompson simply based on his draft status? THAT, homeboy, is what's absurd. . .

it's the jackass who always has to be scornful that sours what SHOULD be a pleasant discussion about the team we all like. . .

BroncoWave
08-16-2014, 02:17 PM
read my post again. . .

doesn't say that he can play-- it says that denver has found lots of productive players in those spots, so why should people discount thompson simply based on his draft status? THAT, homeboy, is what's absurd. . .

it's the jackass who always has to be scornful that sours what SHOULD be a pleasant discussion about the team we all like. . .

No one is doing that. All anyone is saying is that the odds are against a UDFA breaking out to be a star. We're not outright dismissing him because of that, though.

Dzone
08-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Thats true...Its funny how every back that shows a flash of being any good is called the next TD

Valar Morghulis
08-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Thats true...Its funny how every back that shows a flash of being any good is called the next TD

I really hope he snaps a 49er return man in two on sunday

MOtorboat
08-16-2014, 02:32 PM
read my post again. . .

Yeah, would love it if people would read. Jackass.

Heaven forbid I temper some of my own optimism with a little reality.

I mean, **** it. He's a HOFer, right?

Joel
08-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Hillman is playing better right now. They are probably curious about his ball security as well. I think they will both get green lights against SF starters.
Makes sense; I think most people are curious about Hillman's ball security. Like I say, 5000 miles is a bit far for me to make it to Dove Valley, but in the only preseason game, Thompson looked far better than ANY of our other backs, and their stats reflect that, too. I hope you're right they both get time, but ball security's a consistency thing, and I also hope the desire to see if Hillman can maintain it over more than a dozen runs doesn't keep Thompson on the bench till the second half so he's facing scrubs that tell us nothing.

After all, I'm all too confident Hillman's as capable of fumbling when hit by a backups backup as when hit by a Pro Bowler; if memory serves, he had one in last years preseason game vs. Seattle.

Well, everyone says he's a STs stud; it's cited as an argument to keep him. There are plenty of parallels far beyond running styles, but superficial similarity doesn't guarantee equal results.

Joel
08-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Now I think of it, it IS eerie, a bit; Thompson's the same height (but 15 lbs. heavier,) started preseason at the same place on the depth chart (sixth,) has a similar one-cut-and-go style, similarly shrugs off the first hit and, in terms of the STs play that turned Terrell Davis from just more late round camp fodder to a star in the making, that was his second preseason game, against—SF....

Nomad
08-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Once you've seen greatness, you always look for it when it's gone. BRONCO fans will always look for the next Elway, TD, etc.

TXBRONC
08-16-2014, 06:26 PM
read my post again. . .

Spot on. :beer:

Valar Morghulis
08-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Now I think of it, it IS eerie, a bit; Thompson's the same height (but 15 lbs. heavier,) started preseason at the same place on the depth chart (sixth,) has a similar one-cut-and-go style, similarly shrugs off the first hit and, in terms of the STs play that turned Terrell Davis from just more late round camp fodder to a star in the making, that was his second preseason game, against—SF....

Are you saying black people all look the same?

MOtorboat
08-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Here's what I, literally, said, in cliff notes:

Liked what I saw and his style reminded me of Terrell Davis, but it was one preseason game against third and fourth stringers and I'm not ready to put him amongst the Bronco UDFA greats like Rod Smith.

I also said, and will stand by, that the Broncos don't want their third string running back (of which Thompson would likely be IF HE MAKES THE TEAM) to get a lot of playing time, because that's a bad thing for a team.

And people are calling me a jackass and going fan police on me. FFS.

I haven't even said anything negative...

TXBRONC
08-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Yeah that does happen a lot. I hope some day soon that Denver will find a back as good as Davis was.

Dzone
08-16-2014, 07:43 PM
It will be good to have thompson and ball splitting the carries, with anderson backing up and hillman playing for the raiders

olathebroncofan
08-16-2014, 08:15 PM

The SHORT form was "type 5 words." Just, y'know, FYI. :tongue:

Ha! Then lead by example...

TXBRONC
08-16-2014, 08:17 PM
It will be good to have thompson and ball splitting the carries, with anderson backing up and hillman playing for the raiders

If you're meaning this year I don't see them letting Hillman go because historically Fox has carried four running backs on his roster.

BroncoWave
08-16-2014, 08:31 PM
If you're meaning this year I don't see them letting Hillman go because historically Fox has carried four running backs on his roster.

And more to the point, I don't see Hillman cut because he's the one change of pace guy on the roster. If a RB would get cut, it would be Anderson or Thompson IMO.